PDA

View Full Version : How do you go out in the world

myword12345
13-12-2014, 12:26 AM
How do you go out in the world when you feel everything everyone is feeling and it is so overwhelming?

july14
13-12-2014, 01:19 AM
try and look at this from perspective and see if thats really whats happening. all my life I have been over sensitive to other people's pain, which is why I often came across very cold. bc I was shielding myself. but recently I realized that more than being over sensitive, I was actually picking up on others' pain, bc I wasn't able to deal with my own issues, so was easier to live and experience theirs.
we don't need to carry everybody's burden on our shoulders.

revolver
13-12-2014, 01:25 AM
I use to feel that way, but now I realize that there are many more people in the world feeling great and loving life, every miserable person brings down others around them, the more happy people there are, the more others around them will be happy, whatever way you feel can be contagious.

revolver
13-12-2014, 01:27 AM
try and look at this from perspective and see if thats really whats happening. all my life I have been over sensitive to other people's pain, which is why I often came across very cold. bc I was shielding myself. but recently I realized that more than being over sensitive, I was actually picking up on others' pain, bc I wasn't able to deal with my own issues, so was easier to live and experience theirs.
we don't need to carry everybody's burden on our shoulders.
Yes well said, we don't need to carry this burden as if we are the saviour of the world.

edgarb
13-12-2014, 02:42 AM
It can be a challenge. You have to understand your own self and know your limits. Then step back and take a look at everyone else, many are struggling even harder than you.

myword12345
13-12-2014, 03:13 AM
Thank you all so much! I am just starting to go through a spiritual awaking to where I am feeling everything. I have always have but not its crazy. Working on grounding and a lot of letting go. You have helped me much :)

LadyMay
13-12-2014, 10:06 AM
You have to learn to let go. Don't hold onto everyone's emotions, it's not your place to do that. You just have to love them and let them go. It helps those people out too.

LadyMay
13-12-2014, 10:09 AM
recently I realized that more than being over sensitive, I was actually picking up on others' pain, bc I wasn't able to deal with my own issues, so was easier to live and experience theirs.

Definitely. I notice when I have a chakra blockage I'm really sensitive and pick up on people's emotions more than usual. Example: When my soulmate recovered from her coma, I felt really guilty, which is a normal thing when you grieve for someone. But during those two weeks I suddenly felt the depression of everyone around me as if it was my own.. I felt so weighed down. But I realised it was just a reflection of what was inside me. So I let go the guilt and I automatically stopped being a radar for everyone else's pain. I immediately felt much better.

Gem
13-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I think it comes down to cultivating a stable balance of mind so as to retain poise and equanimity regardless of the circumstances of the experience.

luntrusreality
13-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Just do the same thing you always do when feelings seem to be overwhelming.
It does not matter where they come from , if they are "your" feelings or "others".
You are aware of those feelings.
Let them bubble up. Don't resist them, the feelings themselves are no problem at all.
No feeling has any power if it is not resisted.

Miss Hepburn
13-12-2014, 03:42 PM
...with the intention to be kind to everyone...to be
a light worker 'out there'...I know many are so lost...
my job is to uplift and be a conduit for God's love and caring.

Again, this is where 'where you place your focus is crucial'.
We are in control of where our attention is placed.

jonesboy
13-12-2014, 05:59 PM
How do you go out in the world when you feel everything everyone is feeling and it is so overwhelming?

It depends on ones depth and how you are experiencing the feeling?

Is it a flow of energy hitting your body? Maybe you feel it as a burning in the heart chakra or in some other part of your body?

Do you feel the emotions with mind stories attached? If someone is sad do you become sad or depressed or etc..?

What other practices if any do you do? Do you meditate?

Mr Interesting
13-12-2014, 07:09 PM
There we go, Miss Hepburn has hit the proverbial nail on the head at least as far as I can see... oh that's interesting, as soon as I wrote 'as far as I can see' I realised I can't see very far... well, I can see as far as anyone but the eye itself isn't able to focus so I end up seeing what I want to see... then add colour blindness, well, more colour dyslexia as I do see all the colours but get them mixed up.

What am I on about? I don't really know but underneath is the way some of us have been lucky, as sensitives from day one, to attune ourselves in a way that lets us focus on what keeps us healthy and pointing in a direction that underpins that health.

Yes do this and do that but how did we get to this shorthand version?
What were the things that happened to us way back when we were young that allowed us a way of being in the world where we ended up developing the mindset that made spiritual learning a fairly easy matter?

Now I see why I suddenly veered towards sight. When I was very young my parents with the help of a doctor realised I could hardly see so I was encouraged to see and watch etc then my father gave me crayons and paper to encourage that and within that, now I look back, I was given the opportunity of choice allied to focus. I could choose what was worth seeing and then focus on it because it would aid my drawing. So, lucky me, I was able to define my choice of what I wanted from the world at a very young age.

Now having written what I've written it seems this ability to see the world for what we might find interesting is likely quite important because it seems the underlying sense is that we become the arbitrator of our worldview... which doesn't come without inherent dangers but it's at least a good way to start.

Now I'm bored and tired of my own insights... maybe that's the next step too. That we have defined our chosen outlook and look for as long as it's intriguing but then are able to let go as soon as we might find something no longer interesting... which too has dangers inherent.

Ah, making more sense and I've even found a little energy to keep going. Go to the edge, look over... feel the edge of fear, go back, rest... do it again.

Full circle. A friend who broke both his feet... badly, but was back at work in two weeks. He sat in a chair and pushed just into the pain and beared down for a few seconds then retreated and rested. Then did it again... and again, and again.

luntrusreality
13-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Maybe in addition to what I said about not resisting the feelings.

Where do the negative emotions of others become your own?
How do you know that they are not "yours"?
If they were not yours then why would you be aware of them?
Does it really matter what triggers them?
What is the difference between your own feelings and those that seem to come from the outside?

How do you go out in the world?

I would suggest to try and change how you view the world.
You make it sound very strange and scary. Like it is a place that you have to go out into and make it somehow.

When do you come in contact with the outside world ?
Is the outside world really that different from your house/appartment?
What makes it different?

I would always try to find the root cause which is not "the others" or "the world out there" because as long as it is perceived that way there will always be a feeling of strangeness to everything.

Luntrus