PDA

View Full Version : Consciousness enjoys Duality

luntrusreality
11-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Isn't it fun to think about it...
The very moment we open our mouth about the topic of nonduality we create duality. Still we do it.
Saying the word consciousness implies at that very moment that there are other things outside of it.
The drama we enjoy in movies is like the little brother of the drama and complexitiy in story telling that our true nature enjoys.
Obviously it does... because there IS the illusion of duality. And that again is implied duality.
It's beautiful...

Luntrus

silent whisper
11-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Isn't it fun to think about it...
The very moment we open our mouth about the topic of nonduality we create duality. Still we do it.
Saying the word consciousness implies at that very moment that there are other things outside of it.
The drama we enjoy in movies is like the little brother of the drama and complexitiy in story telling that our true nature enjoys.

What do you class as the drama in movies?
What aspect of human experience do you place in that spot you see yourself?
If there is a little brother of drama, what is the big brother of drama I wonder?

Obviously it does... because there IS the illusion of duality. And that again is implied duality.

So I wonder when you let go of all these ideas of duality and illusion what arises in that new view when you let all that go?

It's beautiful...

Luntrus

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LadyMay
11-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Everything is beautiful :)

I started a thread up about this recently actually, here (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77056).

Everyone is trying to escape duality.. and here's me like "SO BEAUTIFUL". Heh.

:angel5:

luntrusreality
12-12-2014, 12:12 AM
"What do you class as the drama in movies?
If there is a little brother of drama, what is the big brother of drama I wonder?"

The tension between polarities.
Good and Evil. The building up of tension and the relief of it at the end (in most movies).
The same pattern can be seen in every human life with birth - expension of energy - regression of energy - death. (relief of tension)
And on a universal scale ...planets coming into apparent existence and out of it.

About the little brother of drama.
I was trying to say , that what "people" like in movies is like a shadow of what is happening.
We LOVE drama. in whatever form it takes.
What movie is completely free of tension? who would watch it? ( I am talking sober now)

So the one true reality that creates all the good and evil is the "big brother" enjoying drama on its own universal scale just as we enjoy it in movies.
(this is just thought play for the fun of it, there is no such thing as "a one true reality" which has any plans or enjoys something, that would give it personal characteristics which is impossible)

So I wonder when you let go of all these ideas of duality and illusion what arises in that new view when you let all that go?

What's wrong with ideas of duality ? As long as they are not believed to refer to anything real.
I mean obviously there is such a thing as illusionary duality.
Consciousness appears as objects, different people etc.
There is nothing wrong with it.

Awareness creates suffering and then reliefs itself of it.
The relief of the tension of suffering is inevitable.
Either through the death of the body/mind or a realization of our true nature.
Suffering always comes to an end like anything that has a beginning.

luntrusreality
12-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Everything is beautiful :)

I started a thread up about this recently actually, here (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77056).

Everyone is trying to escape duality.. and here's me like "SO BEAUTIFUL". Heh.

:angel5:

I think so, too.

The fact alone that there is existence is so beautiful and weird and unlikely etc. (every word applies)

silent whisper
12-12-2014, 12:34 AM
"What do you class as the drama in movies?
If there is a little brother of drama, what is the big brother of drama I wonder?"

The tension between polarities.
Good and Evil. The building up of tension and the relief of it at the end (in most movies).
The same pattern can be seen in every human life with birth - expension of energy - regression of energy - death. (relief of tension)
And on a universal scale ...planets coming into apparent existence and out of it.

About the little brother of drama.
I was trying to say , that what "people" like in movies is like a shadow of what is happening.
We LOVE drama. in whatever form it takes.
What movie is completely free of tension? who would watch it? ( I am talking sober now)

So the one true reality that creates all the good and evil is the "big brother" enjoying drama on its own universal scale just as we enjoy it in movies.
(this is just thought play for the fun of it, there is no such thing as "a one true reality" which has any plans or enjoys something, that would give it personal characteristics which is impossible)

What's wrong with ideas of duality ? As long as they are not believed to refer to anything real.
I mean obviously there is such a thing as illusionary duality.
Consciousness appears as objects, different people etc.
There is nothing wrong with it.

Awareness creates suffering and then reliefs itself of it.
The relief of the tension of suffering is inevitable.
Either through the death of the body/mind or a realization of our true nature.
Suffering always comes to an end like anything that has a beginning.

Thanks for sharing further..
Everything will come to know itself...even nothing...:smile:

luntrusreality
12-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Thanks for sharing further..
Everything will come to know itself...even nothing...:smile:

Yes , this is the one thing nobody can fail at ;)

TaoSandwich
12-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Duality is good because expressing oneness in language is exceedingly difficult, if not impossible to do accurately. Therefore, we can use divisions to get an accurate approximation of reality. The problem is when we stop using duality as a tool and start believing in the independent reality of this "duality". Really, the concept of nature is "duality" and "oneness", so I should shut up now.

-TaoSandwich

kkfern
12-12-2014, 12:55 PM
multiplicity

kk

Greenslade
12-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Something very different is allowed to surface when we let all of that go. Like it or not all of our realisations have a basis in duality and illusion, even if the immersing ourselves in those gives us the motivation to escape them and find the realisation that it was an illusion. Isn't realising we've been immersed in duality and illusion as good a realisation as any other? The good thing about banging your head against a brick wall is that it feels good when you stop. :smile:

Take truth for example. If everything was The Truth would it cease to exist as The Truth in our awareness, if not what would we have awareness of?

Illusion and real are dualities but dualities are polarised consciousness, and when the sparks start flying between them the Light comes on. Illusions and dualities do exist in people's own realities and if there is no separation then they exist in our consciousness as well, even if they exist as something different in our reality. What exists when you let go of all of those ideas is that it is the polarisation that 'powers' consciousness in that it can be this, that, both of these things and neither.

luntrusreality
12-12-2014, 02:03 PM
multiplicity

kk

What do you mean ?