PDA

View Full Version : Taoist Alchemy

django
10-12-2014, 03:12 AM
Is anyone here interested in Taoist alchemy? Like the circulation of the light, the mixing of the two drops, filling the cauldrons/tan tiens, etc?

Blue_lotus
10-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Are you speaking of the inner alchemy of Taoism?

Phanatulum
10-12-2014, 09:29 AM
At some point I have a book to read on it. My initiation was alchemical in nature. I have little knowledge of it at present. My husband said it had characteristics of Taoist alchemy and pointed out a book that was on this topic.

django
10-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Are you speaking of the inner alchemy of Taoism?
Yes, of seeing these things.

TaoSandwich
10-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Sure. What about it interests you?

-TaoSandwich

django
10-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Sure. What about it interests you?

-TaoSandwich

Well a lot really. I started clairvoyantly seeing and dreaming about these sort of things a couple of weeks ago, and I started googling some of the images, and I found that Taoist alchemy is a nearly exact match for much of what is going on for me. I wonder how old the information is, and if there is more information. I wonder if other people have seen these things, or sensed them.

TaoSandwich
10-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Questea,

I am not clairvoyant, so I cannot speak to that. However, if you think you are being led towards Taoist alchemy, I first suggest a solid basis in Taoism, studying the Tao Te Ching, the Chuang Tzu, the I Ching (some consider this one pre-taoist, but it is VERY important to understanding alchemic symbolism. The version containing Wilhelm's commentary is one of my most read texts). Also consider picking up the Wen Tzu and the Hua Hu Ching. Study these intensively and repeatedly!

After this, when you are ready, I suggest picking up "The Taoist Classics Volume 2" by Thomas Cleary, which is a good English language compendium on Taoist alchemy. However, I do warn that it is difficult to understand (and VERY easy to mislead yourself with) if you don't have a few years of experience with the former books. If this is where you feel like things are leading you, you should connect with the above books and then be able to easily understand the latter when you are ready!

Best regards for your path,
-TaoSandwich

cheeneka
10-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Is anyone here interested in Taoist alchemy? Like the circulation of the light, the mixing of the two drops, filling the cauldrons/tan tiens, etc?

HI

I would suggest you find your own alchemy.........with no one else's assumptions present. :)

LOve cheeneka x

django
11-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Questea,

I am not clairvoyant, so I cannot speak to that. However, if you think you are being led towards Taoist alchemy, I first suggest a solid basis in Taoism, studying the Tao Te Ching, the Chuang Tzu, the I Ching (some consider this one pre-taoist, but it is VERY important to understanding alchemic symbolism. The version containing Wilhelm's commentary is one of my most read texts). Also consider picking up the Wen Tzu and the Hua Hu Ching. Study these intensively and repeatedly!

After this, when you are ready, I suggest picking up "The Taoist Classics Volume 2" by Thomas Cleary, which is a good English language compendium on Taoist alchemy. However, I do warn that it is difficult to understand (and VERY easy to mislead yourself with) if you don't have a few years of experience with the former books. If this is where you feel like things are leading you, you should connect with the above books and then be able to easily understand the latter when you are ready!

Best regards for your path,
-TaoSandwich

Thanks, I'll have a look at them.

django
11-12-2014, 02:02 PM
HI

I would suggest you find your own alchemy.........with no one else's assumptions present. :)

LOve cheeneka x

Honestly I can't help but find my own alchemy, because I'm being led on my journey, absolutely.

Blue_lotus
11-12-2014, 02:18 PM
There is a pretty cool book called Opening the Dragon Gate you might want to check out. The form of Qi gong I study is part of the Wu Dang tradition. A lot of it's focus revolves around alchemical cultivation. It might be worth looking into if you're interested. You can do an internet search for "Wudang Tao" and find the website. I'd post you the link but I need 15 post before I can do so.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN YANG
14-01-2015, 04:56 PM
With my invention:

Yin-Yang Secrets Invention (YYSI)

I was allowed to develop and create a 'NEW' system of alchemy based on my discoveries and Taoist inspirations..

It is very powerful and with each round it produces a 'LIGHT WITHIN' and very easily at that.

GD Y Y

Lumpino
11-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Interesting about Taoists alchemy is "The secret of the golden flower". Translantion by Richard Willhelm. Is free on net. Very good book by my opinion.

ThoughtOnFire
20-04-2015, 12:24 AM
http://www.words-chinese.com/images2/chinese_symbols_for_constant_9711_2_0.png