PDA

View Full Version : Necromancy

Titanoboa
09-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Is Necromancy a form of Divination? Is it dangerous?

Xiomara
09-12-2014, 11:48 AM
In general it can be used as a divination method,and yes,it can be dangerous.Yet it depends,what form do you mean?

Jenny Crow
09-12-2014, 05:32 PM
As well as divining with help from the dead it can also be a form a magic whereby the dead are involved. And yes, it can be dangerous.

Adelaide99
12-12-2014, 06:33 AM
As it turns out, I'm skilled in the 'necromancy' department.
I spacificly learn in the death or the spirital side of magic.

However, it can be very, very dangerous if you don't know what your doing.
I've been learning this stuff since I was young and my energy demands it.

However,it can be very fulfilling. IF your performing in a safe inviroment and to the best your current abilities allow.

I wouldn't recomaned simply jumping into this area of magic, since it does dabble with the dark side sometimes, and by 'dark side' I mean demons, I recomaned not to try it unless you know EXACTLY what your doing.

I hope this helped.

Phanatulum
12-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Anamistic traditions use necromancy usually in prescribed ways for a variety of purposes. The results are unpredictable. How well you do depends on your psychic and mediumistic abilities. Most anamistic traditions rely on natural talant and only those who are gifted are able to complete the operations.

I have done necromancy in the past and I find that going to a higher source of spiritual energy such as God or angels to work much better.

shakuntala
18-12-2014, 04:56 AM
yes and yes

LadyMay
18-12-2014, 11:10 AM
What is it? Bringing the dead back to life?

Lethe
11-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Yes, necromancy is essentially a form of divination that involves consulting the dead for their advice. It can be as simple as asking for deceased ancestors to influence tarot readings or pendulums, or involve more complicated rites.

It can be dangerous, but so's driving. If a would-be necromancer is ill-prepared or disrespectful it could have dangerous consequences. Generally if you perform ancestor work, have established a good relationship and tend to contact your ancestors when working necromancy as opposed to the spirits of strangers you shouldn't have a lot to fear.

Daniel Ogden's written a decent book about necromancy in ancient Greece and Rome that give an insight into why, where and how it was performed.

smallandcute
20-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Surely then necromancy and mediumship are the same thing? If not how do you divine with necromancy?

Jenny Crow
21-01-2015, 04:17 AM
Surely then necromancy and mediumship are the same thing? If not how do you divine with necromancy?

I suppose that they are similar. You divine with necromancy by conjuring spirits.

Boldwiseone
10-02-2015, 03:10 AM
I've been in contact with the other side since childhood....so I'm curious, everyone is speaking of how dangerous it is. What are the dangers?

Jenny Crow
10-02-2015, 03:45 AM
I've been in contact with the other side since childhood....so I'm curious, everyone is speaking of how dangerous it is. What are the dangers?

Being in contact with the other side, also known as mediumship, is different from necromancy which is calling up the souls of the dead for us in divination or certain forms of magic. It's all a bit confusing isn't it, lol

smallandcute
17-02-2015, 04:03 AM
So to me the big question is how to you raise souls from the dead? If its not allowed to be discussed here can someone pm me?

Jenny Crow
17-02-2015, 05:06 AM
It's easier for you to read about it than me try to explain it - www.enochian.org/necromancy.shtml

Sneakers
23-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Much like the others in this forum I am still a bit confused on the differences between necromancers and mediums. I have noted the use of physical components, rituals, and summoning of specific spirits that necromancers have brought up, however I have known of mediums who behave this way as well. I am just wondering if there is a difference between the two lables.

Jenny Crow
24-02-2015, 04:44 AM
You can make an appointment with a medium and they will give you messages from your loved ones who have passed and are on the other side. Most mediums come by this talent naturally but you can take courses and lessons.

Necromancy is a form of dark magic whereby the practitioner works rituals in the hopes of raising the souls of the dead (not necessarily their loved ones) to help them divine and also to learn hidden knowledge.

Again here are some explanations for you: wizardforums.com/Thread-Dangers-of-Necromancy

Revya
24-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Necromancy, Isn't really all that dangerous honestly, unless you're a rude prick or you start calling on big concepts right off the bat. Show humility when dealing with others always, especially spirits that don't have a lot to lose on account of being dead and all.

But death's not a bad guy, he's an arbiter of change. and a true necromancer is one who drapes himself in the magics of death. if you think you're going to perform resurrections or make zombies, you're absolutely not. but if you want to learn how to communicate with spirits from the afterlife and help the healing processes associated with death, it could be your calling.

Sneakers
24-02-2015, 05:21 PM
The issue with most of the necromancy descriptions in this forum is that they could easily apply to mediums I am aware of. Admittedly I am an idiot, but most of what is described appears to be semantics.
Again here are some explanations for you: wizardforums.com/Thread-Dangers-of-Necromancy
If this forum is consistent with most necromancers then I would use it as future reference. Mentioning death energy seems like a clear distinction. Thank you for the link and clarification Jenny Crow.

Checkmate.
02-03-2015, 12:23 AM
As far as I know mediumship is used to convey messages from the dead mostly loved ones. Necromancy has more to do with ritual work like raise the souls of the dead for reasons, evocation, even finding a new host for a spirit. Stuff like that I guess.