PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

amy green
26-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi - I wonder if anyone else keeps having the same experience - often, whilst listening to the radio or watching TV, I'll be reading and I hear a word at the same time my eye reads it!! It happens quite often and it's not a common word, sometimes I hear and read 2 words simultaneously. I keep wondering if it means anything - there doesn't seem to be a 'message' in the word/s.

devolution
26-08-2006, 08:02 PM
This sounds like synchronicity...

Although I don't recall experiencing of this specific phenomenon, I have experienced knowing words before people said them - in person, on the TV & Radio... If I just tune in a certain way to the words being said, I will start to know what they are about to say...

What kind of things are you reading? Is it just specific books or materials, or does it happen with anything?
That uncommon words come up often, indicates that there is something to be followed... But it could take some time to find out exactly what is causing this and why...

Let us know how things go... :D

amy green
29-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks for your reply and suggestions - it can occur whilst reading anything, e.g. from a spritual book to the Radio Times magazine and isn't a currently used word. As mentioned, the word/s don't convey anything to me but it does feel like synchronicity - I get a feeling of "wow" when I hear and read a word in the same second, but - unlike synchronicity, it doesn't feel meaningful. It happens about once a week - either I'm not "getting it" or there's nothing to get. Can't decide....

Mother Goose
29-08-2006, 04:48 PM
oh, I have this happen to me all the time *giggles* it always makes me smile when it happens. I just always see it as being in synch with the world around me....I suppose it could mean more, but like you then, I'm not getting it. :D

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 11:21 AM
A stunning synchronicity I encountered was when I was visiting my mum a few years ago.
She was watching the "Blockbusters" TV quiz show and I was sitting in an armchair reading an item in the paper about a faulty air-conditioning system in a tower block. There was a picture of the block, so out of idle curiosity I began counting how many floors it had got, starting at the bottom and moving my finger up the pic, 1-2-3-4-5-6 and so on.
Then as my finger reached the 16th and 17th floors I heard a contestant on TV say in answer to some question "16", followed by host Bob Holness saying "No it's 17".

Another stunner was when me and my workmates were travelling back into town on a minibus and we were discussing whether this was the final 13th week of our contract or not, so I said "We'll have to check at head office, meanwhile its never over til its over".
A few minutes later as we drove down Highcross street, I caught sight of a big number "13" painted on the door of a half-demolished building, followed a few seconds later by the voice of a DJ on the van radio announcing the name of the next song entitled - "It's not over til its over".
(Incidentally that was the final week, so it really was over for us)

amy green
09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Just to say I now know why I get this word synchronicity, i.e. have got the message!!! It's because I tend to get existential - feel life could be meaningless objectively speaking, that we give it meaning subjectively. So I think I get these magical flashes (reading and hearing an unusual word in the same second) as a kind of divine intervention/reminder that life is special!!!

dreamer
09-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey Amy you're right on all counts, life is meaningless, we do give it meaning (or animation at least) and it is special just like you. Maybe the reminder is to yourself from yourself? Just a thought but whatever the case each synchronicity is a blessed event leading you to a greater understanding of who you really are IMHO.

amy green
18-11-2006, 02:35 PM
cool organic beans dreamer!

Enlightener
19-11-2006, 09:39 AM
There is no such thing as coincidence!

Enlightener

p.s. what does IMHO mean?

daisy
19-11-2006, 02:58 PM
There is no such thing as coincidence!

Enlightener

p.s. what does IMHO mean? it means 'in my humble opinion' and should be inserted into most posts, so people don't feel you are preaching etc. we're all expressing opinions here and while it may be our own truth it's not necessarily someone elses:wink: as to your comment at the top enlightener i agree with you there sweetie xxx:hug2:

Truthbearer
19-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes Enlightener - there are no coincidences, there are no accidents - we are all being orchestrated to wake up, to learn something - to reveal something (often the questions we have asked, are revealed in the most mysterious ways).

I reveal everything like this, Amy, with the use of a pendulum.
* Is this relevant to anything?
* Am i to learn anything relevant here?
and so forth.

Namaste and Blessings
oKa

hnasc
22-11-2006, 07:23 PM
There's a Lakota prayer that means a lot to me. It is "Mitakuye Oyasin" or "All my relations". It speaks to the oneness underlying the universe. That we are all related, all connected.

I see synchronicities like you mentioned as blessed moments of connectedness and I think it's wonderful that you are having them. Like Mother Goose, that would give me quite a giggle too.

I've had it happen before but not recently and hope that the connectedness of your post and my response may open that gridline of experience more fully for me. Thank you.

bec83
04-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I had something odd happen today. On my way to work I thought I saw a friend I knew from high school who I haven't seen in 5 years, it wasn't her and I didn't think anything of it. Yet later on while I was at work she turned up at my store. We had a chat about what we had been doing with ourselves and thought we should catch up. I wonder if there is any significance to this meeting? :confused: