PDA

View Full Version : Questions about possible haunted house

vivid dreamer
21-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone. Six months ago, I moved into a basement apartment of a group home for people with developmental disabilities. I work there in the mornings helping the six guys who live there get ready for their programs. It's a ranch style house so it's one level and the basement is just about as big as the house itself. My apartment takes up most of the basement, but there is also an office, boiler room, and a spare room that is mainly being used for storage now.

From the first moment that I stepped into the spare room, I instantly got the heebie jeebies. As soon as you step in the room, its like the entire atmosphere changes, and there is a very heavy feeling. I am sensitive to this type of thing so I knew something was up. The strange thing is that most of the staff hate being in that room too, so its very odd how no one seems to like that room.

Today I was in one of the guys bedrooms cleaning up and one of the other guys came in to talk to me. He was telling me that that room used to be his bedroom but when someone else moved out he switched bedrooms to the one he is in now. I asked him why he switched rooms, and he told me because he couldn't sleep at night because he would hear voices and he would see things in the room. I asked him what he saw and he said he saw dark figures and "dead bodies." I was kind of shocked and I didn't want to scare him so I just dropped it. The strange thing too is that that bedroom is directly above the "weird room" in the basement.

Ok so now onto my questions... I feel fine in my actual apartment. I don't get strange feelings and the rooms in my place don't feel heavy or off. BUT, I do feel strange in that one room. I haven't been in the other room enough to see how I feel in it, or at least I don't get as strong feelings as I do in that room. Is it possible to be in a house where only one or two rooms have activities or a presence but the rest of the rooms in the house be fine? I was always kind of under the impression that a whole house is haunted and that things can happen anywhere in that house. But, can things be contained to only one or two rooms? I haven't really had any experiences in my part of the house. The ONLY thing I can think of is that a couple weeks ago my sister was visiting me and I thought I heard her loudly whisper my name. I went across my place to another room and asked her if she said my name and she didn't and of course she got freaked out lol. It could have just been my imagination or maybe I just heard something else that sounded like my name. Oh, I also wanted to add that there is a big cemetary 2 doors down from my house. I've taken a lot of walks in there but I don't really get any bad vibes when I am there.

desert rat
21-11-2014, 03:55 PM
It could be some thing paranormal , ghost , astral critter , thought form , left over energy , ect. If it is just one room it could be e.m.f. from electrical wiring . You could either cut off all the power , then see how you feel , or get a e.m.f. meter and see what stray fields are being given off by the wiring . Stray electrical fields can make some people feel like there is a ghost .

MasterRishi
10-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Desert Rat might be correct, any sort of poorly insulated wiring can put off high electromagnetic frequencies that give a room a very heavy feeling, so it's worth checking out. However, if the whole house is old, then unless there were renovations done to every part of the house except that one, it's more likely that the whole structure would have poor insulation and you'd get some sort of "creepy vibe" no matter where you went.

Now to answer your real question, yes it is entirely possible for an entity or spirit to inhabit only one part of a house. I've seen it and experienced it many times myself and have had friends that have shared those experiences with me. One had something in his attic, but only in one small part of it. It was never felt or seen anywhere else (and there were no wires to explain that one away). Everyone's had a closet that didn't feel right or a corner of the house, these sorts of things are fairly typical of residual hauntings. Basically whatever physical location that the person felt most strongly connected to while they were alive is likely where their "spiritual fingerprint" will be left behind once their physical self is gone.

The most gruesome example is usually a room where a person was murdered, that room is likely to have the strongest imprint of the persons energy. However, I've seen a home in colonial Virginia where a woman gave birth to every one of her children, to give an example of the opposite. When she died, her energy impressed very strongly on that room. You could faintly smell her perfume as well as fresh baby powders and creams.

In short, yes it can be contained and more often than not, is contained to only certain areas of the home. Hope this helps.