PDA

View Full Version : Giving-up

TakesFeelings
20-11-2014, 03:23 AM
I hear that in order to actually give up a feeling or an idea will actually lead you to manifesting such a request? Is this true? I know practice makes perfect and all. however, it seems so weird to go away from what I want? Is this funny to anyone?!
PEACE

Royalite
20-11-2014, 03:50 AM
It sounds absurd, right? Maybe it's a mini law in manifestation called "The Law of No Expectations" :D Or the Law of Detachment or something.

But I have found that the moment I let go of that feeling of need for things, they somehow seem to come to me almost naturally. Money, for example. I use to find money all over the place. In my jeans pockets, under my pillow, under my bed...in a shoe! Sometimes $20 bills in a random drawer and it wasn't anyone's. And I had no job at the time and couldn't care less about money. Just wanted it to buy snacks and go to movies and stuff. Same thing happened whenever someone I loved use to contact me. It was always when I came to the conclusion that he was long gone that he'd make his presence known to me.

Anyways, Idk the formula...I just know this has happened.

TakesFeelings
20-11-2014, 05:07 AM
It is true for me in the way with my physical health comes with no-exception. In a way it is so easy and yet so painful. Manifestation laws can be so frustrating.
PEACE

brett
22-11-2014, 06:35 AM
An open hand can receive.

KevinO
22-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Giving up is an willingness to see what is instead of what one wishes to see.

There are technical reasons related to motion but I won't bore you with those.

Enough to say when you stop resisting the universe it is quite a relief.

whoguy423
22-11-2014, 08:20 AM
It's not called giving up.... It called moving onto something else....lol

Greenslade
22-11-2014, 12:34 PM
An open hand can receive.
Pretty much. The Universe gives us what we need when we need it, what it seldom does is give us what we want - unless what we want is what we need. Sometimes you have to ask then allow (not give up) the cogs of the Universe to turn.
It is true for me in the way with my physical health comes with no-exception. In a way it is so easy and yet so painful. Manifestation laws can be so frustrating.
PEACE
Probably because manifestation laws aren't what they're supposed to be. When you want what you are given it makes everything so much easier and it flows better.

Checkmate.
23-11-2014, 02:02 PM
You don't have to think you are giving the thing up, but that you already have it and thus you have no need for it anymore.

lemex
23-11-2014, 07:14 PM
I hear that in order to actually give up a feeling or an idea will actually lead you to manifesting such a request? Is this true? I know practice makes perfect and all. however, it seems so weird to go away from what I want? Is this funny to anyone?!
PEACE

If you are talking about LoA, it isn't. What LoA would say is you did not manifest your request, more it didn't happen. Of course request = manifest. This sounds more like changing your mind. LoA would say you're letting other thoughts into the process that interfere with your request.

TakesFeelings
24-11-2014, 02:31 AM
Giving up is an willingness to see what is instead of what one wishes to see.

There are technical reasons related to motion but I won't bore you with those.

Enough to say when you stop resisting the universe it is quite a relief.

I feel like I do not resist. As it goes through me then I either become confused or it poisons my mind/body/spirit. It can be weird feeling like I almost have it but it is just to far away or I posses it.

TakesFeelings
24-11-2014, 02:37 AM
You don't have to think you are giving the thing up, but that you already have it and thus you have no need for it anymore.
So, I am consciously affirming to myself that "I already have peace", then I have to create peace? What if from this point, I do not feel as though I have peace. Will it still be possible to "make" or create peace in my reality?
PEACE

DayLight1555
25-11-2014, 05:57 PM
PEACE

Some say that you have to vibrate on a certain frequency in order for the universe to understand your wishes. And a frequency of being grateful for having it is the frequency the brings results. If you vibrate on a frequency that you don't have it (if you keep thinking about not having it), then it's the wrong one and won't bring you the desired result.

It's kind of like manifesting. If you want something to appear, you have to keep picturing it as appearing (rather than picturing as not having it).

DayLight1555
25-11-2014, 06:07 PM
So, I am consciously affirming to myself that "I already have peace", then I have to create peace? What if from this point, I do not feel as though I have peace. Will it still be possible to "make" or create peace in my reality?
PEACE

Maybe it's a matter of giving your brain the right perspective to evaluate the situation correctly. Because it's evaluation which will either bring piece or worry. Worry - is a brain's way saying that something is wrong and you need to take care of it. But if you tell yourself that this situation is no cause for concern, then brain will stop triggering worry factor and you will continue to be at peace.

So whenever something happens that usually worries you, you should keep thinking: don't worry, this event is no big deal, it did not kill me, it did not disrupt me too much, it's ok, it's no big deal... then the brain may be "tricked" into thinking that all is fine in your world and no need to make you worry.
Therefore, that may create peace. In the long run. It takes time to reprogram your brain's reactions to the situation.

KevinO
26-11-2014, 12:27 AM
This is just simple engineering. If you release too much water from the dam the river below overflows the town. Be measured, and only see what you can take on and understand. We are limited here, you can't do it all at once. Understand at your pace only. My experience.

Theophila
26-11-2014, 01:50 AM
There was a saying in my home country I was told dozens of times when I was anxious about anything ( job, relationships, whatever)
" leave it and let it happen on its own" ( sounds deeper in the original language:wink: ) and funnily enough whenever I'd let go of the anxiety behind the desire....it did. It's weird and I couldn't understand why then but it did work.

Checkmate.
26-11-2014, 12:45 PM
PEACE

DayLight is right, as she put it. If peace is what you truly want, then you have to ''be'' it. It is tricky and this is the reason why many people get discouraged fast when trying.

Try to keep a peaceful mindset and focus on your day to day reactions, without thinking about your end goal. Your brain will get the message better.