PDA

View Full Version : Question

Ninjajms
15-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Hi-I have always wanted to ask this question to a a Jewish Rabbi-but I do not know any-so I thought I could post the question here. Please note that before I state the question I want to explain-I simply am asking to get perspective-not to judge, debate, argue-simply for understanding.

Why do some Jewish people believe that the Messiah that was talked about in the old Testement-has not returned. Then there are some Jewish people who believe that Jesus Christ was/is the true Messiah

Eliab_ben_B
15-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Why do some Jewish people believe that the Messiah that was talked about in the old Testement-has not returned. Then there are some Jewish people who believe that Jesus Christ was/is the true Messiah

Simply put the JC fellah did not fulfil any of the prophecy ...
he was not descended from David, did not bring about saving the Hebrew
nation, did not End all war and bring Peace to the world ...

And the some Jews you talk of who accept him are no longer Jews but apostates ....

Perhaps these will better explain it ...
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Ninjajms
16-11-2014, 04:12 AM
ty eliab ben

Morpheus
16-11-2014, 07:22 AM
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-19-14/ (http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-19-14/)

"Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. ..."

Amilius777
19-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Hey Eliab-

Don't you think maybe the only thing that will end war and bring peace is if all humanity rises to the occasion?

I mean like if the messiah is meant to come and do this, what is he gonna do? Force everyone with his hand? With a sword? That would be contradictory.

Will God show himself at last and prove his existence? Will this messiah he sends be able to only bring peace politically?

We've had plenty of those and they end up becoming emperors or kings or dictators.

What is the point of a messiah if people won't even change themselves?

Eliab_ben_B
19-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes Amilius , you may be correct in that respect ...

Perhaps this Anointed one will teach mankind how ...

Can we perhaps persuade each of the religions to build a temple on temple mount, and make it a capital unto itself, a little like the Vatican ??
that may be a start ...

שָׁלוֹם

אֱלִיאָב

The Back Seat
13-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi-I have always wanted to ask this question to a a Jewish Rabbi-but I do not know any-so I thought I could post the question here. Please note that before I state the question I want to explain-I simply am asking to get perspective-not to judge, debate, argue-simply for understanding.

The Jews who believe Jesus Christ was the messiah are Christians.

MIND POWER
18-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Simply put the JC fellah did not fulfil any of the prophecy ...
he was not descended from David, did not bring about saving the Hebrew
nation, did not End all war and bring Peace to the world ...

And the some Jews you talk of who accept him are no longer Jews but apostates ....

Perhaps these will better explain it ...
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

If Jesus Christ was not murdered, then i believe he would spread knowledge that would of considerable helped to end more wars, and bring more peace to the world! and free people from this mindset of looking up! just waiting for somebody to come and comfort them with something they want to hear & believe. Or living on their knee's in paranoia, which causes allot of problems. And also, everybody that lives on this planet is fulfilling a prophecy (That others can learn from) and its when more people wake up to this........that's when its game over, because actions are influential.

Yes so Jesus Christ was murdered, just like Martin Luther King, John f Kennedy or whatever.

I don't believe in much in the bible, but throughout history in many cultures! there is this repeated story of a Jesus Christ type of character trying to wake people up.

Me personally i am not really waiting or anybody to come and save us. Because i have always stated this, the muscle is already here.....

This is my play ground, i got this......

And so have everybody else if they look within, i believe that's what the most empowering message has always been.

And people need to remember & believe that.

Ninjajms
09-11-2015, 07:29 AM
back seat-the term is Messianic Jews

TheImmortal
12-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Hey Eliab-

Don't you think maybe the only thing that will end war and bring peace is if all humanity rises to the occasion?

I mean like if the messiah is meant to come and do this, what is he gonna do? Force everyone with his hand? With a sword? That would be contradictory.

Will God show himself at last and prove his existence? Will this messiah he sends be able to only bring peace politically?

We've had plenty of those and they end up becoming emperors or kings or dictators.

What is the point of a messiah if people won't even change themselves?

Well put. It would indeed be interesting to hear HOW the Jews expect the Messiah to do what they expect. You raise very good questions.

Clear Blue Sky
27-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Back in the 80's I heard a Jewish woman going on about how the United Nations was the Messiah because they were responsible for restoring the nation of Israel. My impression was she got that from her local congregation or other authoritative influence. Is that a widespread belief among Jews? Was it all about the time when they get their nation of Judea back as the sovereign rulers?

RabbiO
28-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Back in the 80's I heard a Jewish woman going on about how the United Nations was the Messiah because they were responsible for restoring the nation of Israel. My impression was she got that from her local congregation or other authoritative influence. Is that a widespread belief among Jews?

No.

L'shalom,

Peter