PDA

View Full Version : The next step .......

Adrienne
12-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Let us say that a person has experienced a glimpse or glimpses of a past life. This can be done thru a variety of ways. How can one proceed to the next step, and learn more about this particular past life ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Greenslade
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Everything is inside you, all you need is the right tools to dig it out.

Adrienne
12-12-2010, 02:09 PM
hi Greenslade,

and can you explain a bit on what are the right tools, and how do I access them ?

Dream Angel xx

Greenslade
12-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Firstly Dream, a serious word of caution. Not everyone has had a Past Life that has been filled with sunshine and roses, so some of the issues that may come crashing back to you can be very harrowing - and very damaging. Sometimes they are best left where they are - in the Past. Be very sure that when you disturb the dust you really want to know what's underneath. On saying that though, it can explain things that are happening in this Life, the people we meet and why we feel certain unexplained things in this Life.

No doubt there are those that will come back to you on books and meditation recommendations. If they work for you then great, by all means try them out and stick with them. I'll leave that one to those who know more about it than I.

Another way (what works for me) is to look inside yourself. Is there a specific period in history that you're drawn to? Is there actually some connection you feel deep inside or is it a fanciful notion? Given that we are incarnated with the same Soul Group, are there people around you that you feel you may have known in a Past Life that you can talk to? However, be a little wary of broaching the subject, not everyone believes in past Lives. If that works for you then follow it through, but always try and be as objective as you can be. Use your discernment and don't be afraid to question yourself and what you believe in.

There are also past Life regressionists, is there one near you that you can go to? There are some on these boards, perhaps that's another avenue that you can explore.

Amberly
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I alway's believe that we are only shown those past lives which are relevant to us in this life time. I've seen brief glimpses of some, and have been able to revisit others. The one's where i've only seen a small part of...i've not managed to revisit or learn more about it no matter how hard i've tried. Maybe that's just me but that's my experiences.

Adrienne
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Amberly, I have heard of the idea " only being shown past lives which are relevant in this lifetime "..... but .....

what if the glimpses don't show anything in the way of relating to this life ?

on a few past life glimpses, all I see is what I am wearing, sometimes a name, sometimes a location... how is this relevant to this lifetime ?

Amberly
12-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Did you gain this info from a guided meditation cd? I have had info such as you described from a guided cd...just sketchy brief info. Other than that i've seen life's which have only shown me why and how i know a person, why they make me feel a certain way etc. I've seen those lives again but its just been the same info playing over again. I've only had one lifetime that i've been able to revisit and gain more and more info on. I'd like to be able to do that for all but i'm not able too.

Adrienne
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
oh you must be psychic , lol ! :D Yes, some of it is from a guided meditation cd.

ok, this must be a dumb question, but how did you see lives that " have only shown me why and how i know a person " ? Did you see a story ?

and on the lifetime that you have been able to revisit, do you remember how you did that ? how do you revisit ?

Spiritlite
12-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I would say take that glimpse and in meditation bring yourself to what you glimpsed during meditation and see what happens from there.
Spiritlite.

Adrienne
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I have tried that idea Spiritlite and it didn't work at the time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Adrienne
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Greenslade for your words of caution, yes, I do know not all is sunshine and roses in past lives. Thanks for sharing what works for you - I have noticed certain interests, time periods that have captured my attention, in a variety of ways..... so perhaps that is a beginning. I will try meditating on these interests and time periods and see what happens.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Greenslade
13-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Amberly, I have heard of the idea " only being shown past lives which are relevant in this lifetime "..... but .....

what if the glimpses don't show anything in the way of relating to this life ?

on a few past life glimpses, all I see is what I am wearing, sometimes a name, sometimes a location... how is this relevant to this lifetime ?

Perhaps just right now it's a carrot to see where you'll take it. That doesn't mean it's not relevant though, the relevancy will probably come later with more exploration.

[SIZE=2][I]ok, this must be a dumb question, but how did you see lives that " have only shown me why and how i know a person " ? Did you see a story ?

Because that person has a Past Life connection to you, they might be the link to the can opener.

One of the most infuriating things I find about Past Lives is that sometimes you get a little piece of the jigsaw in that corner and a pile of odd bits in the middle. None of it makes any sense, like the person trying to make a picture of a chicken from a pile of cornflakes :-) Next you'll get the piece that fits those two together and gradually you get your picture. Piece by piece things fit together, all you have to do is take note of the pieces for now and the rest will be along later.

If I was your Spirit Guide? I would say you're being led down a Path and the only way to find out where it leads is to walk it. There is a thing called Gnosis, which basically means knowing without knowing how you know. It sounds like this is where you're heading, but it's only a feeling. Trying to revisit doesn't always work. When you're ready you'll get the rest and the puzzle will make a little more sense. There are reasons why you are getting this, sometimes you can try and look behind the mask and find the reasons. When you do that things make a little more sense. Let it come to you, going to get it only makes it run away. What I think you'll get is more than you bargained for but in a good way.

Xan
13-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Dream Angel.... I wouldn't push for more of a memory as I have trust that whatever shows up is what I need to know at the time.

You could simply affirm repeatedly that you're open to seeing and understanding more and leave it to that.

Xan

Amberly
13-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I have no set rules Dreamie of how, when or what i see. Meeting a person in this lifetime has triggered memories for me. Those people you feel strong emotion for, the one's you feel you've known before.

I once met such a person who filled me with strong emotion. Would make me sad and hurt me with the slightest remark. It confused me for many month's why and how this could be. I felt a past life connection but i wasn't able to see at will so waited and waited to see if i was meant to learn the reason why. Eventually i did...to cut a long story short, it turns out that the person believed i had betrayed them in a big way. I hadn't. I actually even told that person in this life what had really happened lol even though i risked sounding like a total head case! After i'd spoken to them, all those previous negative feelings i felt towards them vanished. I actually felt relief and i'd only saw a brief moment in that lifetime.

They are like jigsaw puzzles as Greenslade described, often visions appear out of sequence and make no sense at the time.

The only lifetime i have been able to revisit is one i shared with my tf. That life appeared to me very out of sequence. I first saw the end of that lifetime we shared together, then year's later when i was alone, then back to being children. I'd like to return to that lifetime at some point. But it would only be for recreational purposes so i very much doubt i'll go back there again.

I feel all the past lives i've seen which have meaning have served their purpose. They've fulfilled their meaning. I have no loose end's which need to be tied up. So everything's gone quiet for me with past lives. Until that is...i meet such a person who may trigger more.

lemex
13-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Let us say that a person has experienced a glimpse or glimpses of a past life. This can be done thru a variety of ways. How can one proceed to the next step, and learn more about this particular past life ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

If you believe in karma, think of it in those terms but don't become too distracted.

BlueSky
13-12-2010, 05:24 PM

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

As with all experiences, my opinion is that the next step is to let them go. Maybe you need to find out more first, maybe not. I just thought I 'd add my thoughts to your post as they came to me.
I wish you all the best :smile: .....James

Greenslade
14-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I have no set rules Dreamie of how, when or what i see. Meeting a person in this lifetime has triggered memories for me. Those people you feel strong emotion for, the one's you feel you've known before.

Sometimes the Past Life isn't about the time period or the place you were in, sometimes it's about the people you were with. For most of mine it's more about the people than the place, but then what we need from a Past Life is given to us as we need it.

BlueSky
14-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Sometimes the Past Life isn't about the time period or the place you were in, sometimes it's about the people you were with. For most of mine it's more about the people than the place, but then what we need from a Past Life is given to us as we need it.

I can relate to that. :smile:

Amberly
14-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Exactly....those people trigger the memories by meeting them in this lifetime. That's my experience anyway. I would however like to explore and gain more knowledge of these lifetimes. Or maybe discover others i may have shared with them. But...that kind of goes against my belief of how we are only shown those lifetimes relevant to you now. As i've already gained the knowledge of when, where and why i recognise someone now :rolleyes:

Greenslade
15-12-2010, 08:55 AM
I can relate to that. :smile:

Feel free to share :smile:

Exactly....those people trigger the memories by meeting them in this lifetime. That's my experience anyway. I would however like to explore and gain more knowledge of these lifetimes. Or maybe discover others i may have shared with them. But...that kind of goes against my belief of how we are only shown those lifetimes relevant to you now. As i've already gained the knowledge of when, where and why i recognise someone now :rolleyes:

Yes, we are shown those that are relevant to us now and talking of relevant..... Is it the knowledge that's relevant with you or the people? It can be about the people, the connections, they could well be the reasons behind what you are being shown.

glenos
15-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I cant see the point other than for interest and entertainment.

Amberly
16-12-2010, 01:50 AM
I cant see the point other than for interest and entertainment.
Speaking from my own experience, past lives have been very beneficial for me by helping to work out soul connections in this lifetime.

Amberly
16-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Is it the knowledge that's relevant with you or the people?

I'd say its the knowledge. Previous to seeing anything i already know or have a strong feeling that i know this person from the past.

Gaining the knowledge of how, who and why has helped me to work out why a such person can evoke an emotion within me.

Adrienne
19-12-2010, 02:28 PM
As with all experiences, my opinion is that the next step is to let them go. Maybe you need to find out more first, maybe not. I just thought I 'd add my thoughts to your post as they came to me.
I wish you all the best :smile: .....James

hi James,

What do you mean " that the next step is to let them go " ? Let go of these past life glimpses and not wonder about them taking me further ?

Sharing your thoughts is always welcome :smile:
Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
19-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks Amberly for sharing your experience. Sometimes this all seems a bit confusing, glimpses of the past, people we meet now and feel a connection to and wondering if they were part of our past lives, and how do we really know ? or are we just imagining all of this ? Interesting for sure ! Guess we just go with the feelings and don't worry about anything else.

Dreamie xx

Adrienne
19-12-2010, 02:44 PM

Yes, Greenslade I agree with you Past Lives could be about any of those things.
My questioning" what we need from a Past life is given to us as we need it " ....... is

how can we know anything, when all we are given is a look at our outfit, and just a bit of scenery ? and we are the only person in this glimpse, there are no lessons, no life story, no people besides myself in this glimpse. Is this just an appetizer for my curiosity ? " a carrot dangling " ? as you put it in a previous post ?

I do like your pieces of the puzzle comments, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me on this.

Dream Angel xx

Greenslade
19-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd say its the knowledge. Previous to seeing anything i already know or have a strong feeling that i know this person from the past.

Gaining the knowledge of how, who and why has helped me to work out why a such person can evoke an emotion within me.

That would imply to me that it's the connection with the person that's important - obviously. If that connection is invoking such an emotional response in you, then it might be worth following through. For me, most of the connections are via my emotions, that seems to be the strongest link. Everything else seems to come after that.

how can we know anything, when all we are given is a look at our outfit, and just a bit of scenery ? and we are the only person in this glimpse, there are no lessons, no life story, no people besides myself in this glimpse. Is this just an appetizer for my curiosity ? " a carrot dangling " ? as you put it in a previous post ?
I do like your pieces of the puzzle comments, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me on this.
Dream Angel xx

I'll share as long as I can, Dream :-)

Sometimes all we need is the glimpse. I'm a strong believer in Gnosis - knowing without knowing how you know basically. It's like a seed, just planting that acorn of a snippet is enough and more cascades on from there. I believe we all have it locked away inside ourselves, most of the time we just need a starting point. "Point of Origin" says the voice in my head. The question I would ask in such situations is 'what do I get from that snippet?' The other question - Spiritually - would be 'what are you going to make of it?' Perhaps Spirit is giving you a little bit to see if you're going to bite that carrot or not, and what you're going to do with it. If you are the only person in this snippet then it's got to be about you, but then if you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit. If your positions were reversed, what would you do with yourself as Spirit? If you were to take yourself along a discovery Path around Past Lives, where's the best place to start? With yourself maybe?

Adrienne
19-12-2010, 10:19 PM
hi Greenslade,

Gnosis, a new word for me - thanks for the definition. I will think about the Point of Origin suggestions and ideas you have given me, perhaps meditate with them in mind and see what happens.

On a slightly different note, but basically along similar lines...
if one has a glimpse of someone, but doesn't necessarily feel that it is them in a past life ...
what do you think of the possibility that it might be a Spirit Guide instead ?

I suppose the best idea here, would be just to ask them ? "are you me in a past life or are you one of my Spirit Guides ? " Sounds rather crazy at times, asking myself if this was me in a past life. :D

Dream Angel xx

Greenslade
20-12-2010, 10:31 AM
hi Greenslade,

Gnosis, a new word for me - thanks for the definition. I will think about the Point of Origin suggestions and ideas you have given me, perhaps meditate with them in mind and see what happens.

On a slightly different note, but basically along similar lines...
if one has a glimpse of someone, but doesn't necessarily feel that it is them in a past life ...
what do you think of the possibility that it might be a Spirit Guide instead ?

I suppose the best idea here, would be just to ask them ? "are you me in a past life or are you one of my Spirit Guides ? " Sounds rather crazy at times, asking myself if this was me in a past life. :D

Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream,

If you Googled it you'd get a more full explanation, but it's something a lot of people tend to ignore - sadly. Perhaps they don't trust themselves enough and prefer the confirmation of external sources. But anyways......

If not a Past Life, then who? You open up a whole raft of maybes and what ifs but still stick with the carrot and the reasons. Are you going to bite and follow through and is it going to lead you somewhere? What are the reasons (never why) you're being shown this?

Let's start off with a Spirit Guide. Does she feel like a Spirit Guide, here to help you? Do you want to know her name or is her name not important? What is the connection to you, if any? What kind of character does she have? Is she easy going, very formal and school-marmy, strong, ....? In discovering her you'll be using things that will help you later on and strengthening the connections, so while t might feel like a game right now and get infuriating sometimes there are good reasons for it.

I believe our Souls are aspects of a Spirit. Lobsang Rampa explains it here - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html Basically, I have a Spirit in the 12th Dimension and I (and the other six incarnations) are aspects of him - like limbs. It would be easy to go into a lengthy diatribe about him but I can see the connections. He first came to me when I was a bit psyched out one night due to extreme tiredness - not anything else lol. I got this vision of a young guy dressed in a toga with what looked like chrome plates sewn into it and his voice saying "We are the Golden Ones, we are here to teach you". Everything exploded from there. Perhaps what you see is your 'version' of that.

The other person she could be is yourself. That vision you see could be your Soul. The Soul is formless, it doesn't have a particular shape because it has no physical body but in order for us to accept it, it would look to us as though it had physical form. To all intents and purposes our Souls would come across as human in shape and form.

Or yourself in a Past Life. Who is she? What time period did she live in? What kind of person was she?

Or are you going to forget the whole thing and dismiss it as illusion?

I don't have the answers for you Dream, it's up to you to find them if and as you will. Which, I suspect, is the reason you're getting this.

Gauss
20-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi there,

as I see it it is not that easy to do. You need to cultivate yourself to a high level(or have very good inborn quality) to be able to see your past lives.

I cultivate myself in Falun Dafa and it seems like many of the cultivators have seen several past lives(although I have not yet, but I have an idea of who I was in two lives and dreamed my death scene in one life..).

The book Zhuan Falun about self-cultivation and the meaning of life:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

BlueSky
20-12-2010, 01:06 PM
hi James,

What do you mean " that the next step is to let them go " ? Let go of these past life glimpses and not wonder about them taking me further ?

Sharing your thoughts is always welcome :smile:
Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream,
In retrospect, I have no business suggesting what might be the next step for you with something that is personal and relevent to you. Re-reading my post, I can see that I was sharing my next step, which, with all my expereinces, was and is to let them rise and let them go. I have also found that they don't necessarily "mean" anything and that I can certainly create meaning in them. I have even come to believe that I create the experiences at times so that I can create the meaning.
I'm not even suggesting there is anything wrong with that......just noticing how it might have gone with me on my path.
I'm off the path now and sharing as one accordingly.
I wish you all the best on whatever next step you decide to go with this particular experience.
Blessings, James

Ciqala
21-12-2010, 06:30 AM
One of the replies mentioned "people" being the significant part of past life memories, and i'm kind of leaning towards that. If it just so happens, that some of those people are with you, in this life, or as spirit guides, it makes remembering a whole lot easier anyway.
You could focus on that area.
Have you ever met someone in this life, and knew right away, that they are soul mates, that you have known them before, or something as simple as they are to be important in your life journey? Even the people around us, day to day, can help us access memories, all you have to do is think about them, think about how they make you feel.
For example, i went riding on a quad on the farm, my mom was driving it, and i was sitting on the back, feeling the most intense love for her, the view, my life, such appreciation that brought me back - that strong feeling, brought me to a past life memory, and to the fact that i had chosen the same soul mate as i had in another life. It's good to dissect our relationships like that, because most of the time, these people in our lives, are soul mates, even if they are enemies.
And then of course, when i meditate "visualize" and go see my spirit guides, I am sure that most of the people i see, are loved ones from long ago. Even in the places i visit, they seem like family, and i react to them like i have missed them for hundreds of years. Most of the times they come to me, and even say "do you remember this?" and they bring me to a vivid scene. Many of my own spirit guides, i have known for lifetimes. I am sure we lived together at some point, because they enjoy remembering as much as i do. Of course, not all the time, do i remember the scenes they show me, but once i hold onto it, i do. I don't really meditate. I visualize. And it brings me a lot further than just meditation. I always relax, then pick my special place, where they know to meet me at now. But the thing is, visualization takes a lot of concentration anyways, and if you aren't fully relaxed and in the state, things will be jumpy and blurry, and you will only grasp onto small figments of things. Just saying that, because i know sometimes i like to jump straight into it, but it's always better to actually meditate, think nothing, and relax fully first.
Also, there are certain crystals, like Lapis Lazuli, that can help you in remembering.