PDA

View Full Version : Protection ideas?

Grace222
06-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Well, our neighbors in the downstairs apartment from us just moved out due to their son being hit by a ghost. In fact there was quite a bit of activity prior to this event, but as you can imagine once a child is hurt, that is the final straw. Now I'm concerned about our apartment, as we have 2 children of our own. Coincidentally, the morning before they moved, my husband, myself, and our cat found ourselves staring at the ceiling due to it sounding like someone was walking above us (we are the top floor, so this isn't possible). Also, I do remember upon moving in our cat puffing up looking at me, which has never happened before. And the neighbor mom from downstairs mentioned, before we moved in, she and her husband would hear someone moving up and down our apartment's stairs. Ironically, since moving in I always complained to my husband about how heavy it felt at the bottom of our stairs (which is adjacent to the downstairs apartment).

I actually already had sage and tend to use it every once in awhile anyway to keep the energy "fresh". Also, I've got sea salt everywhere. And I pray. I ask my angels, spirit guides, and God for help and protection all the time. Any other ideas? I just need to get us through living in this apartment for 3-4 more weeks until our house is finished being built. We've been fine I think so far, but I want to keep it that way.

Thank you in advance!

Gracey
06-11-2014, 01:34 AM
NO fear! Just don't give into it. These types of "ghosts" feed on fear. Also bless your home with words that feel the most powerful to you. You could also see if there is any shamans or something in the area to do a blessing for you and they might know of some other things to do as well. But most importantly, do not fear.

Berry
06-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Gracey is right. Also strong intent when you bless your home is everything. Holy water and salt placed in all corners of your home can help. Bright cheery, airated rooms, happy music, and feelings of love can deter negative spirits. Jade stones and red strings are known to be protective as well. Different cultures use red strings in various forms. My mom used to make me wear red clothing or red hair ties when I was little.

Grace222
06-11-2014, 05:54 PM
I love the suggestions and the reminder about fear. That is true, and I will try to remember that. When I work from home, I like playing nice classical music (not distracting but is more comfortable than total quiet), so it is nice to learn I was doing something helpful for our living space without thinking about it. :)

desert rat
07-11-2014, 03:14 AM
You might try a smudging and filling your self with white light . I think I have a smudging post with links in the links sec. A heaving feeling could be any thing . Left over energy , thought form , ghost , or nothing .

Grace222
07-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Thank you - yes, I do like smudging w/ sage.

desert rat
07-11-2014, 11:33 PM
This is my link/post on smudging .
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67423

AmarenLux
08-11-2014, 04:42 AM
tell the being to go to the light and rest in peace

Grace222
09-11-2014, 03:40 AM
So far, all is well. I'm hoping that this stays the case for the duration of us being here. Nightcat, I have given some thought about crossing over the soul (not quite sure what is involved/how simple it is). But, until I am able to get my kids out of here, I want to hold off on this - I won't provoke anything and put my children at risk. It would be a me alone type task. I do agree and feel it does need to be done.

AmarenLux
09-11-2014, 03:53 AM
So far, all is well. I'm hoping that this stays the case for the duration of us being here. Nightcat, I have given some thought about crossing over the soul (not quite sure what is involved/how simple it is). But, until I am able to get my kids out of here, I want to hold off on this - I won't provoke anything and put my children at risk. It would be a me alone type task. I do agree and feel it does need to be done.

Hey crossing souls over is a fairly simple task, often the soul just needs to be told rest,in peace and go towards the light, imagine that the being is surrounded by warm light energy this often helps, the being may not want to go for various reasons some are wanting to find someone that someone has often gone to the light remind of all the family members that they can catch up with should they go to the light and that they can return should they wish.

Grace222
09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Thank you Nightcat - I do appreciate the thought. I may try this when we move, which I'm hoping is soon. The process may be simple. But in case there are unforseen risks, I would prefer to wait until I get my kids out of here, unless my hand is forced. As you can imagine, my kids are my first concern.

brightpup2
10-11-2014, 04:56 AM
Well, our neighbors in the downstairs apartment from us just moved out due to their son being hit by a ghost. In fact there was quite a bit of activity prior to this event, but as you can imagine once a child is hurt, that is the final straw. Now I'm concerned about our apartment, as we have 2 children of our own. Coincidentally, the morning before they moved, my husband, myself, and our cat found ourselves staring at the ceiling due to it sounding like someone was walking above us (we are the top floor, so this isn't possible). Also, I do remember upon moving in our cat puffing up looking at me, which has never happened before. And the neighbor mom from downstairs mentioned, before we moved in, she and her husband would hear someone moving up and down our apartment's stairs. Ironically, since moving in I always complained to my husband about how heavy it felt at the bottom of our stairs (which is adjacent to the downstairs apartment).

I actually already had sage and tend to use it every once in awhile anyway to keep the energy "fresh". Also, I've got sea salt everywhere. And I pray. I ask my angels, spirit guides, and God for help and protection all the time. Any other ideas? I just need to get us through living in this apartment for 3-4 more weeks until our house is finished being built. We've been fine I think so far, but I want to keep it that way.

Thank you in advance!
---------------
say:
In the name of jesus , arch angels l I herby protect you from all evil spirits and attachments. I herby destroy all evil spirits which touch your field. and only allow beings of light and love to enter your field.

AmarenLux
10-11-2014, 04:58 AM
that's quite understandable and sometimes when beings become difficult it is beat,to get someone in who is experienced

Revya
11-11-2014, 07:14 PM
It is important to remember that ghosts were once living people, with this in mind it becomes easier to approach the spirit in question with the goal of communication. In a lot of hauntings the ghost is aggressive because they feel their rights and wants are being violated.((imagine how you'd feel if someone suddenly moved their family into your house without your permission.)) It might be that upon opening communication with the spirit you reach a greater understanding, so that it doesn't feel threatened by your presence. In your case in particular the spirit might be very happy to hear you already plan on moving out, which would go a long ways towards lowering it's aggresion.

MS Kitty
12-11-2014, 06:29 AM
Burn some Patchouli .... spirits hate it and will stay away.

AmarenLux
12-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Kitty its better to try and help the being move on as apposed to getting rid of it

MS Kitty
12-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Sure, but not if she is afraid and doesn't know how to deal with the spirit.

Crossing them over isn't that simple as seen on T.V. and it does take time.

I suggest she burn patchouli in order for the spirit to move house and hopefully find another who is better able to deal with what it wants...they always want something right?

And being that she isn't sure if it may or may not harm her children why would someone inexperienced take a chance when there are children involved :wink:

Titanoboa
13-11-2014, 05:52 PM
I would like to add, if anyone would recommend using an Ouija Board? Sometimes it is easier to communicate with the entity, but I heard the Ouija Board will attract more unwanted spirits. Sorry, for the unwanted guest, hopefully you and your family are safe.

Grace222
11-12-2014, 04:33 AM
As an update, we are now moved, which I'm relieved about. As I was carrying the last thing out, I did try to communicate and mention that she was no longer alive in the physical sense and that she must cross over into the light to be happy. Also asked for angel assistance to help her cross. I'm not sure if it was successful, but I do hope she has crossed. If not now, hopefully at some point. As for my family and I, a new chapter is ahead of us in our new house and hoping great things.

AmarenLux
11-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Hey

Im glad to hear that things have improved for you and your family :)

Phanatulum
11-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Focus is very important when your trying to deal with a negative manifestation. Most manifestations are generated by someone who is acting as a physical medium without knowning it. The shadow is generated by that persons thoughts and fears. This is the most common origin. However, regardless of origin of the entity the best cure is to withdraw attention and focus. It's difficult. Any fear any emotion towards the entity at all will continue to feed it. .. including doing protective measures if you do not totally focus on the positive attribute or being you are attracting. The easiest thing would be to focus on either God or an angel and continue to completely focus on them even if things happen. It's important that the focus be steady and unwavering. The fear is what the entity needs to maintain the presence and openness to it is required to use you as a medium ( you can be open without knowing it) the positive being God or angel can help you close the channel.