PDA

View Full Version : my dog - a year on

Emmalevine
05-11-2014, 05:57 PM
I love my dog so much, she is in every sense my best friend. I've had her over a year now and I shudder to think I very nearly gave her back when she had a seizure (unexpected) 3 days after I paid for her. It has been expensive but thankfully her need for her anti-seizure pills has lessened considerably over the last few months, going down from 2 a day to 1 every 2 days.

Everyone told me to give the dog back as she was clearly doing to be expensive and was sick. When I rang the seller she was nasty and refused to take her. She said quite clearly she didn't want her back. So of course, there was no way I was going to give her to a shelter where she might well have ended up being put down if no one was prepared to pay for her medical bills.

I was angry for a little while - not at the fact she wouldn't have her back, but by the way she sold her without telling me about the seizures. Lesson learnt. I will never purchase a dog from just anyone ever again!

But regardless of that, I have my happy, healthy and seizure-free, affectionate little dog over a year on and I'm so glad.

Silver
05-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Aww! If that's her in your avy, then it's no wonder you fell quickly in love with her. I'm glad it turned out perfectly for the both of you!
:hug3:

skygazer
05-11-2014, 07:23 PM
How great that the seller wouldn't take her back. Her life could have been very different, now she has you and you have developed a deep bond.
Blessings

LPC
07-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Very cute looking dog. Reminds me of beloved Puce.

How lucky your dog is to have such a loving and caring caretaker! How lucky you are to have a dog who will help you to develop spiritually! A good topic for your "gratitudes".....

Emmalevine
28-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry I thought I had responded to this! I'm sure I did...

Thanks for the nice comments. It is indeed my dog in the photo. She was spayed yesterday and recovering from that. It was hard to take her in because it reminds me of her vulnerability and the thought of losing her. But everyone including the vet told me it is better for her to be spayed and may even stop her seizures.

I love my precious girl.

KevinO
28-11-2014, 11:39 PM
And she loves you absolutely and without qualification. She knows.

Tobi
03-12-2014, 01:53 AM
What a sweet face!
She is in the right place, and so are you. Love conquers all! One way or another. I wish her good health and both of you much happiness and fun in the times to come.