PDA

View Full Version : Question popped up about name change

Tail11
03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
So I took a basic numerology class yesterday. I found out my life path is 5. The instructor also said that we choose our own names during our life planning. I asked if that was so, why did I hate my birth name so much and go through the legal process to change it? Then everyone in the room asked me what my old name was. It inflamed me a bit because I hate that name and when I tell people what it used to be, they think it's funny and end up calling me it thinking they can tease me with it. All that does is anger me when people don't respect me enough to call me by my legal name.

The instructor told me because I got upset about people asking me what my birth name was, I still have lingering things to deal with on my name change. I feel that I have resolved that issue and the reasoning behind my name change 11 years ago. Am I really missing something? Is it not normal to not wanting to allow people to know what my birth name was because I don't want to be called it?

I've learned a lesson to never tell anyone that I've changed my name ever again.

Thanks for your help and replies.

Everly
29-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Perhaps you hated your birth name in order to give yourself the experience of creating a new one for yourself. (Those people were astonishingly rude, btw.)

Tail11
05-12-2014, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the reply Everly. There is more to it than just hating my name, but I do see your point. At least as a human, I chose a name I could live with.

gypsymystique
12-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I think your desire to rid yourself of the name (and the numerological ramification) fuel your annoyance at the people wanting to call you by the wrong name.

You have made a decision to change certain aspects of your life by doing this, and people disrespecting that are holding you back somewhat.

I wouldn't tell people the original name if it were me.

comdoc
01-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Tail11, I'm in the same boat. Was teased mercilessly with name given at birth. Stop using the old name, and its influence will fade away. My first numerology mentor taught me that when we have finished the lessons of the old name, a new one will appear. Happy New Year! :blob3:

Tail11
03-01-2015, 05:32 AM
I agree comdoc. My new name was given to me by my best friend. It seemed to be natural to me.

I'm sorry you had to go through the teasing. At least we can rectify the problem legally.

Happy New Year as well!