PDA

View Full Version : Can trickster spirits take on the form of departed loved ones?

vespa68
02-11-2014, 05:08 PM
I personally have never read this anywhere but someone else has suggested that they can shape shift to trick us. Wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

LadyMay
02-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Actually, I've been reading a book which suggests this can happen. A departed loved one might leave behind a sort of lower astral remain, sort of like when the physical body dies and the body is empty of soul.. but lower spirits can invade these empty 'shells' (as the author called them) and deceive people to think that they are a different spirit than the one they are, since externally they'll look like whatever body they've clothed themselves in.

vespa68
02-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Wow that's crazy. May I ask the name of the book? So this means that sometimes visitations from departed loved ones are not real? And how would one know? I suppose this is more unusal than usual. Hopefully are angels and guides would protect us.

LadyMay
02-11-2014, 06:44 PM
The book is "A Wanderer in the Spirit Lands" by Franchezzo. Well, it didn't say specifically 'loved ones', but yeah I think it could extend to that.. I think it would be unusual because there are easier ways to obtain a shell than a specific one from one who's died.. that seems really specific and sounds like something that would only happen if the trickster spirit in question has a negative attachment to the family and wants to pretend they're the loved one so they can get their trust and then more easily their revenge.

That's what I can think of anyway.

vespa68
02-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Yes, that makes sense what you say. I did see a loved one the other night and his presence was there before I saw him. I was so touched to see his face and woke up happy. I felt that i may have astral projected so posted something in the astral projection section. Someone wrote back saying beware of trickster spirits who prétend they are our loved ones. This shocked me. But as you say' why would they bother to do that just for the hell of it. There has to be a reason. Plus I guess we would need to attract them.

Amilius777
03-11-2014, 02:49 AM
Trickster spirits or demons can pretend to be your loved ones and usually deliver dire or negative messages to feed fear. The purpose behind these attacks is to feed off your negative and fearful energy. It is very rare since majority of negative tricksters have to come through doors. You have to open a psychic door or a portal or an exposed communication (Ouija Board) for this to happen.

Most of the time these negative entities rather get right to it and cause you pain and suffering to feed off your energy. I don't think they can completely masquerade as your loved ones. Loved one spirits can intervene and stop them

vespa68
03-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Trickster spirits or demons can pretend to be your loved ones and usually deliver dire or negative messages to feed fear. The purpose behind these attacks is to feed off your negative and fearful energy. It is very rare since majority of negative tricksters have to come through doors. You have to open a psychic door or a portal or an exposed communication (Ouija Board) for this to happen.

Most of the time these negative entities rather get right to it and cause you pain and suffering to feed off your energy. I don't think they can completely masquerade as your loved ones. Loved one spirits can intervene and stop them

Yes, I agree that we would need to attract them somehow. I think we can tell the difference too in their energy quite easily.

LadyMay
03-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I think we can tell the difference too in their energy quite easily.

That's the important thing, we need to feel out the vibration because that will always tell.

vespa68
03-11-2014, 02:24 PM

By the way I was not sure if I was in the astral or not when I saw my friend so I posted in the "astral projection" forum. The person who responded said that its in the astral that we are deceived by trickster spirits. Another person has confirmed that this happens but I still dont know what thats all about or why that would occur.

desert rat
03-11-2014, 02:44 PM
This is something I had not thought of before , some ghosts may be a "trickster spirit " that has taken over the astral body of a person that has gone on to higher astral planes . They would leave behind the astral body with some memories . On thinking on this , I do remember a lady on another forum stating that all ghosts were of this kind, that all humans leave the earth plane at the time of death . Her beliefs , not mine .

vespa68
03-11-2014, 06:36 PM
This is something I had not thought of before , some ghosts may be a "trickster spirit " that has taken over the astral body of a person that has gone on to higher astral planes . They would leave behind the astral body with some memories . On thinking on this , I do remember a lady on another forum stating that all ghosts were of this kind, that all humans leave the earth plane at the time of death . Her beliefs , not mine .

I think you are talking about the energy residue they leave behind but that is something else that is not an actual astral body. There are ghosts too that mediums are able to talk to that are still stuck in the lower astral.

desert rat
03-11-2014, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=vespa68]I think you are talking about the energy residue they leave behind but that is something else that is not an actual astral body. There are ghosts too that mediums are able to talk to that are still stuck in the lower astral.[/QUOTE
There is not universal agrement to what happnes after death . One idea is that if a person has evloved beyond the need to reincarante on to the earth plane , after death they discard the phy. body , then there astral body , leaving there soul and higher self , or mental body to go to the higher astral planes . I dont think there would be any info in left over energy . A trickster spirit would need to get that from the astral body .

Fairyana
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
By the way I was not sure if I was in the astral or not when I saw my friend so I posted in the "astral projection" forum. The person who responded said that its in the astral that we are deceived by trickster spirits. Another person has confirmed that this happens but I still dont know what thats all about or why that would occur.

In the astral it is a lot easier to get deceived this way. But the same vibration rule goes for the astral. Your feeling and intuition combined with what sort of message your kin says, will give you the feedback you need to know if it was a trickster or not. In the astral, the most important thing a kin will say to you is that they are well and they will try to give you comfort. This experience comes with a sense of happiness, joy, love... So if you get odd experiences, almost dream like, perhaps it's not really your kin, but some other entity or a feedback of your own psyche.

My husband met his deceased brother in the astral, it was a very wonderful and emotional thing and it felt very real. No trickster spirit could ever give such an experience because they do not have the ability to do so.

vespa68
03-11-2014, 08:43 PM
In the astral it is a lot easier to get deceived this way. But the same vibration rule goes for the astral. Your feeling and intuition combined with what sort of message your kin says, will give you the feedback you need to know if it was a trickster or not. In the astral, the most important thing a kin will say to you is that they are well and they will try to give you comfort. This experience comes with a sense of happiness, joy, love... So if you get odd experiences, almost dream like, perhaps it's not really your kin, but some other entity or a feedback of your own psyche.

My husband met his deceased brother in the astral, it was a very wonderful and emotional thing and it felt very real. No trickster spirit could ever give such an experience because they do not have the ability to do so.

I totally agree that if we use our intuition we know if its a true visitation. I felt very elated and very touched when I saw my friend and I remember these emotions precisely in the altered state I was in and upon waking was still feeling elated. That to me is how I know. I dont think its hard to tell the negative vibrations that the trickster gives off.

Megamedes
04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
I dont think its hard to tell the negative vibrations that the trickster gives off.

Honestly I was not sure whether to join this thread or not. Tricksters are not per say negative in vibrations, they are beings that are free flowing in their concepts of existence; malevolent beings that trick you are rarely so.

vespa68
04-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Honestly I was not sure whether to join this thread or not. Tricksters are not per say negative in vibrations, they are beings that are free flowing in their concepts of existence; malevolent beings that trick you are rarely so.

What would be the point though of them to pretend being a deceased loved one?

Megamedes
04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Catharsis I think is a good word to use here.

desert rat
05-11-2014, 03:17 AM
So if you go get a quiji board and ask to talk to grandma , but grandmaw dont quite like her old self , it may be a trickster .

vespa68
05-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Catharsis I think is a good word to use here.

In any case these spirits are not beings of light and their vibration is not high.

vespa68
05-11-2014, 08:10 AM
So if you go get a quiji board and ask to talk to grandma , but grandmaw dont quite like her old self , it may be a trickster .

I think one can tell from the messages, yes. This happened to me once but i could tell eventhough the medium could not.

skygazer
05-11-2014, 01:42 PM
"Can trickster spirits take on the form of departed loved ones?"

imo, it is done all the time.

vespa68
05-11-2014, 03:41 PM
"Can trickster spirits take on the form of departed loved ones?"

imo, it is done all the time.

I know that they can come through a medium often who does not protect themselves but taking the actual visual form of a deceased loved one is a lot less typical.

dryad
16-11-2014, 01:53 PM
For those who havent come across the idea before, we all have an elemental guide assigned to us at birth. The astral is their realm so if you want to travel there it makes sense to work on establishing a connection and communication with that guide same as we do with the higher realm guides. Mine is an elf like from lord of the rings but they may be gnomes, gorgons mermaids unicorns etc. Your guide will be from whichever element you have the strongest affinity for