PDA

View Full Version : How do you discribe yourself?

Sangress
10-12-2010, 05:16 AM
I thought it might be interesting for some of you to describe who you are, your personalities and spiritual preferences and any other little things you want to note down.

Then you can look back in a few months or maybe weeks and see how you have changed and grown spiritually and mentally, then maybe re-post and do the same thing again.

This is all for the sake of curiosity people, so don't feel obliged to write more than your comfortable saying....etc

This'll be interesting. :)

Native spirit
10-12-2010, 12:12 PM
:hug3: Hey Sangress,

I am a very spiritual person a medium Healer empath and a qualified counsellor

i am very very intuitive,

i know where my path is taking me, and am in the process of doing that.

Namaste

Favourite Son
10-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I would describe myself as someone who is here to do something great.There is no doubt in my mind about that!
I would also describe myself as very flawed and someone who has had and still has a lot to learn and accept.
I am very selfish but in a selfless way, if that makes sense.
I am the most socially inept person you will ever meet, but once I know someone I will drive them crazy with my opinions.
I am very spiritual, but maintain my independance(one of my flaws).
I won't keep going for now, but may add some later.

Good thread

Spiritlite
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I am a person with a great sense of humor.
I'm a nurse
I'm a wife
I'm a friend
I'm a healer
I'm a reader
I'm a good, kind person.
Thanks for this post.
Spiritlite.

Ivy
10-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Nice idea sangress. Well its winter...letting go....and reflection and contemplation....a hibernation of sorts. The final steps across no mans land, I hope. i am asked by messages to create anew...but thats difficult, Im not a goal driven person. And I love the people Im letting go of. So I get on...Im not arrogant enough to say its easy. But Im quite detached and have my feet in determination....so theres hope and a knowledge that if I fail I will keep going. But also an awareness that the unexpected might happen...and I would deal with it. Id like a positive unexpected to occur.

Xan
11-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Evolving... discovering... serving... I just keep going...

Xan

002 Cents
11-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I am......

lisahey
11-12-2010, 03:10 AM
i never know how to answer this kind of question as i so abhor labels and the limits they imply! but those that have posted have done so very nicely. i guess i would say all of the above :P

Silver
11-12-2010, 04:26 AM
I thought it might be interesting for some of you to describe who you are, your personalities and spiritual preferences and any other little things you want to note down.

Then you can look back in a few months or maybe weeks and see how you have changed and grown spiritually and mentally, then maybe re-post and do the same thing again.

This is all for the sake of curiosity people, so don't feel obliged to write more than your comfortable saying....etc

This'll be interesting. :)

I am a horse lover, animal lover, life lover, a woman whose x told me when asked what he liked about me most was my zest for life, then why did he try and crush it out of me. Even though I lost my only son, I'm still a parent/mom, can be very protective of people. I wonder about myself and others who say they like challenges, if sometimes our type draws challenges that just are so painful. Maybe that means I'm sometimes too feisty for my own good. I think sometimes I am in love with love, I float on air sometimes, oh lots of times, feel like a fool sometimes, but I wave it away because I love life. I love the sky and wide open spaces (nature).

Emmalevine
11-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Analytical, empathic, thinker, bit insecure. very loyal, deeply emotional but introverted, driven, never stops believing in her dreams, progressing...

Stormweaver
11-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Lost in this world of illusion.
I want to go home.

glenos
11-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Tall, dark, and handsome.

mac
11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
observer rather than a participant....:wink:

Before I came here this time I was offered either good looks, a great brain and popularity or I could have been a great philosopher, writer and guide.

What went wrong.....:confused::icon_eek: :D

Shabda
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
nondescriptive...

SunSister
11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
On the verge of turning 22 years old in 2011.. :smile: I have a childlike interest in beautiful, happy, loving things. At other times, I feel a bit too old for this life. I'm a bit world-wary, I guess, and I struggle with being human. I'm an empath and have devoted my spiritual journey to study and practice of healing methods. My particular interests include languages, philosophy, art, history and learning about different cultures and religions. I'm a smart cookie with a strange sense of logic. My thoughts are really fast and I sometimes have trouble expressing them in the right order because I'm miles ahead of what I say/type.

I'm an introvert, but when I'm around people I love I am pretty vocal and 'present' energy-wise. I take pleasure in observing the world and humans around me, which is sometimes perceived as me being cold and distant. I'm really a pretty warm and loving person, but I don't let everybody come very close to me. The only thing to really watch out for is my temper when I'm provoked, lied to or deemed 'unimportant' by people around me. I'm generally quite easy-going and calm, but you really don't want to cross me the wrong way. I'm very loyal to souls I trust and I will do practically anything to make them feel happy, safe and loved.

That's me in a nutshell. :smile:

mac
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
On the verge of turning 22 years old in 2011.. :smile: I have a childlike interest in beautiful, happy, loving things. At other times, I feel a bit too old for this life. I'm a bit world-wary, I guess, and I struggle with being human. I'm an empath and have devoted my spiritual journey to study and practice of healing methods. My particular interests include languages, philosophy, art, history and learning about different cultures and religions. I'm a smart cookie with a strange sense of logic. My thoughts are really fast and I sometimes have trouble expressing them in the right order because I'm miles ahead of what I say/type.

I'm an introvert, but when I'm around people I love I am pretty vocal and 'present' energy-wise. I take pleasure in observing the world and humans around me, which is sometimes perceived as me being cold and distant. I'm really a pretty warm and loving person, but I don't let everybody come very close to me. The only thing to really watch out for is my temper when I'm provoked, lied to or deemed 'unimportant' by people around me. I'm generally quite easy-going and calm, but you really don't want to cross me the wrong way. I'm very loyal to souls I trust and I will do practically anything to make them feel happy, safe and loved.

That's me in a nutshell. :smile:
a nutshell? a big one - like a coconut shell! :D

SunSister
11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
a nutshell? a big one - like a coconut shell! :D

Well, yeah, any other shell would be too tiny for me. :D I think 'BIG' at all times, which sometimes takes my attention away from the little stuff too much.

Mystfied
11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I am a Daughter
Sister
Mother
Wife
Grandmother
Caregiver
Spiritualist
A Child of God
Learner,Listener
And am still evolving on my Spiritual Journey

valerie1985
11-12-2010, 01:31 PM
im strong, but vulnerable and soft, im loving and loyal, im a bit wreckless and irresponsible when i choose to be, i love to laugh, i eat too much, sometimes give myself a hard time about stuff, im a sister, a daughte,r a friend and a wife, i can be stubborn and grumpy, im supportive, i have a temper, im pretty and im clever, im a loner but im not, i love to party.

:-)

Edited by SF Staff

sunny shine
12-12-2010, 06:41 AM
thoughtful, sensitive, judgemental,intolerant,anxious, ambitious,hierarchial,loving,forgive quickly,humorous,determined,task oriented,sincere,loyal,spiritually evolving.

supernova
12-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Describing myself? This is the most arduous task. How can I relate myself? I am so many labels, names, grades. Father, lover, husband, officer, spiritual, poet, economist, banker, citizen, internationalist, liberal. There is an endless list. I can describe me on one of these parameters. But I am beyond that.

I do not know how to describe myself. I have yet to find for myself who I am. I am something beyond the labels

Lovely
12-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I am loyal, but only to the right people. I'm shy but really crazy and weird.
I have two sides- serious and passionate and the other being weird and
crazy. I both sides equably. It's fun to be crazy but it's also awesome to
be serious. But, I don't know what I really am. I'm with supernova. I could easily
describe what I am with labels but those labels wouldn't really show what I
am.

supernova
12-12-2010, 07:18 AM
I am loyal, but only to the right people. I'm shy but really crazy and weird.
I have two sides- serious and passionate and the other being weird and
crazy. I both sides equably. It's fun to be crazy but it's also awesome to
be serious. But, I don't know what I really am. I'm with supernova. I could easily
describe what I am with labels but those labels wouldn't really show what I
am.

Your Avatar mirrors who you. are in part. You are open and you may be a light. That speaks a lot more of you than anything that labels you.

A story that reveals a little....

The Master was never impressed by diplomas or degrees. He scrutinized the person, not the certificate.
He was once heard to say, "When you have ears to hear a bird in song, you don't need to look at its credentials."

supernova
12-12-2010, 08:07 AM
I want describe myself un-hypocritically. People try to fake themselves. I do not do so. People try to show their divine part not their devilish one. I am bits of both, Divine and Devil. When I assert my divine presence I mask my devilish self. I am not a phony to say that I am pure, pious, overlooking my piteousness. I am a bridge between heaven and hell and that is why I am an earthling. I do not want to deceive you, my friend. I have committed a thousand and one slip-ups. My mind is capable of the worst and I can fall the lowest yet those who have heights can fall low and high. Lows and highs are not mutually exclusive. They are complementary. I have a mind that can think of the divine; that can soar heavenward and the other self I have can fall hellward and I am in the balance, hung between heaven and earth. I have a mind that can indulge in promiscuity, and the other mind at the same time awakens me to awareness. I am Dr. Jackil and Mr. Hide at the same time.

I do not hate anything more than hypocrisy and my greatest endeavor in life is to be what I am and to prove to the world my real self not the way a hypocrite tries to assert, living by double standards

Greenslade
12-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Lost in this world of illusion.
I want to go home.

Take me with you, I'll hide in your suitcase :-)

Emmalevine
12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I want describe myself un-hypocritically. People try to fake themselves. I do not do so. People try to show their divine part not their devilish one. I am bits of both, Divine and Devil. When I assert my divine presence I mask my devilish self. I am not a phony to say that I am pure, pious, overlooking my piteousness. I am a bridge between heaven and hell and that is why I am an earthling. I do not want to deceive you, my friend. I have committed a thousand and one slip-ups. My mind is capable of the worst and I can fall the lowest yet those who have heights can fall low and high. Lows and highs are not mutually exclusive. They are complementary. I have a mind that can think of the divine; that can soar heavenward and the other self I have can fall hellward and I am in the balance, hung between heaven and earth. I have a mind that can indulge in promiscuity, and the other mind at the same time awakens me to awareness. I am Dr. Jackil and Mr. Hide at the same time.

I do not hate anything more than hypocrisy and my greatest endeavor in life is to be what I am and to prove to the world my real self not the way a hypocrite tries to assert, living by double standards

I think that's a really great post. It takes strength to admit we've got flaws and horrible sides to us. I think we've all good the potential for every trait - after all, we all come from the same big bang as it were. I don't believe in true evil anymore - i think we all contain the bad as well as the good. I'm aware I can be selfish, self centred, nasty, needy, stroppy and other unpleasant things. In embracing the darker sides we can allow the light to shine.

Sangress
13-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Hmm...never attempted to describe myself before....it will be by no means accurate...but I suppose vague is best with these matters.

I am young in an old way, learning but knowlegable at the same time, a student in the art of life and one of the many diverse beings out in this world and the next.

I am driven by needs and instincts, a lust for survival and a want to thrive and prosper in the ways nature allowes.

I strive to remain balanced with all things external and internal, to give respect, act responsibly and treat all as my equal.

I am who I am, just like the rest of you.

Mountain-Goat
21-12-2010, 02:45 AM
2007 I intuitively chose to live in my car. I did this for nearly the whole year.
During this time I came across a spiritual shop full of wonderful women.
It was from this shop that I came across Osho, and thus my Eastern journey began.

Having recently deconverted from my first spiritual path of 20 years of christianity,
with the recently initiated,"no beliefs, open to all" mindset,
living extremely minimalistically in the car and reading of Buddha, Zen and Tao, 2007 was most interesting.

I visited the shop whenever work was nearby, once a fortnight or so.
One day one of the women said to me that I was like a Hermit.
Instantly, that word went deep within and many months later after researching on the interwebs,
I saw she wasn't referring to my appearance or state of accomodation.

---------------------------------
Excerpts from various sources of the definition of The Hermit Tarot card.

The Hermit:

A man sits in contemplation at the edge of a still northern lake.
The sky above him is heavy with clouds, and storms threaten,
yet he remains under the lowering sky, thoughtful.
He dwells here alone, one who has come away from the noise of the world
and the comforts of companionship to hear his own inner voice,
and to read the messages in sky, water and stone.
Without distraction, seemingly without connection to the world,
he is connected intimately with the universe.
------
The traditional hermit is a crusty, bearded character who has withdrawn from the company of others to live a life of seclusion and hardship.
The Hermit represents the desire to turn away from the getting and spending of society to focus on the inner world.
He seeks answers within and knows that they will come only with quiet and solitude.

There comes a point in life when we begin to question the obvious.
We sense that there is a deeper reality and begin to search for it.
This is mainly a solitary quest because answers do not lie in the external world, but in ourselves.

The hermit reminds us of Diogenes, the Greek ascetic who is said to have gone out with a lantern in hand to search for an honest man.
He was well known for his teaching that one should practice self-control and remain steadfast in their pursuit of virtue.
Diogenes is a symbol of the search for truth that the Hermit hopes to uncover by stripping away all diversions/delusions.

From Fool to Hermit.
After a long and busy lifetime, building, creating, loving, hating, fighting, compromising, failing, succeeding, the Fool feels a profound need to retreat.
In a small, rustic home deep in the woods, he hides, reading, cleaning, organizing, resting or just thinking.
But every night at dusk he head out, traveling across the bare, autumnal landscape. He carries only a staff and a lantern.

It is during these restless walks from dusk till dawn, peering at and examining whatever takes his fancy,
that he sees and realizes things he's missed, about himself and the world.
It is as if the secret corners in his head were being slowly illuminated, corners he never knew existed.
In a way, he has become the Fool again; as in the beginning, he goes wherever inspiration leads him.

But as the Fool, his staff rested on his shoulder, carrying unseen, his pack.
The Fool was like the pack, whatever it was he could be was wrapped up, unknown.
The Hermit's staff however, leans out before him, not behind. And it carries a lantern, not a pack.
The Hermit is like the lantern, illuminated from within by all he is.

One of the important things about the Hermit is he is always on the move.
He's never locked away in his reclusive cell, he's always out wandering, searching, exploring. That, to me, is a Virgo.
The Hermit is the restless mind of the Virgo, always gathering information, analyzing, making connections.
Virgos are skeptics, and if anyone is going to stick a lantern into a dark place and take a good look at what's going on, it is a Virgo.

The Hermit is connections and enlightenment, combined with a desire to just "be alone", to explore, observe and contemplate.
In typical Virgo fashion, they're likely to be anti-social.
Like an artist who hides for days then emerges to paint a masterpiece, this quiet time allows all the pieces to fall into place.

Earth is the Elemental ruler of The Hermit, and the Astrological ruler is Virgo.
This rulership symbolizes the aspects of fertility, creation, and the ability to manifest ideas.
The Hermit is determination; whatever needs to be done is not only accomplished,
but accomplished with the highest amount of perfection possible.

Think of the Taurean Bull, determined, decisive, and resolute. These qualities are manifest in The Hermit, as well.
However, with the influence of the Virgo Earth, they are tempered with love, compassion and care and although committed to perfection, he is not consumed by it.

Despite the influence of the Earth signs, the Moon is the planetary ruler of The Hermit.
This alignment emphasizes The Hermit at his best -- when he is alone and solitaire.
It accents the mystery of The Hermit as the loner, the dreamer.
He is the wayshower; but to accomplish his ends, he needs to know the way himself.
This inner search is by necessity a solitary goal.

The Hebrew letter for The Hermit is Yod, the first and fundamental letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
Upon it, all other letters are formed. Yod translates to Hand, and represents service to others.
This need to be of service to all those around him is also seen in the Numerological Correspondent.
The Numerological Correspondent of The Hermit is 9. This is the number of completion, fulfillment.
It is also the number of service to mankind.

Thus, the Hermit, having found his answers, seeks to give these answers to all who seek.
He offers a helping hand to anyone who would take it.
Even though he is wise and wants to show others the path, he is not cherished or even respected.
His ways are not orthodox. He is not satisfied with society's norms, nor does he make any pretense of being so.
His ways are not for the many, and because of this he represents union at the deepest level with the seeker.

If the seeker is not willing to make this commitment, The Hermit will just as willingly turn away and remain alone.
He prefers aloneness to superficial relationships. He is happy within himself. He has found his answers,
and the only relationship he really needs is the one he shares through his own inner voice.
--------------------------------

I am not 100% Hermit, but it's a huge part of who I am. My base that I build from.
The skeletal framework that permeates my whole being.
Add to this some Jesus love, Python humor and a natural ability to see from alternative angles.
I am constantly expanding and changing as I absorb new information discovered on my explorative travels and equally as I release or remove that which hinders me.

earthprowler
21-12-2010, 03:42 AM
wow, great post! i can relate to alot of what the Hermit is myself. who can follow that? :D :hug3:

Lynn
21-12-2010, 04:25 AM
Hello

Well " Just me Just Lynn " is what be on me calling cards. THEN in very small print be there rest. Medium, Psychic, Reader of Tarot and Dreams.

Those be what one's NEED to see me as. Whom am I. Simply the person that is here on this very site. One's that have come to find me off from here are often suprised whom is here is whom I am. That compassion and non judgemental and said to be kind and gentle person is me. That on that truly does have "ears" to listen to all and to take in that time to give back.

I took one of those quizie things and it said this.....it was relating to the seasn that soon be upon us BUT really is ME all the year round.....

You Are Kind and Caring

You're the type of person who just naturally appreciates and respects others. You think ill of very few people.

You are naturally open minded and nonjudgmental. You're a good listener, and you end up hearing many secrets.

You reach out to everyone during the holidays, and your acts of kindness and generosity are remembered throughout the year.

You are easily touched this time of year. Even the right holiday card or little gift can move you.

That is me....was a long path to find whom I am....and embrace that person but I have gotten there.....NOW I seek to stay there.

Lynn

Ciqala
21-12-2010, 07:41 AM
I am everything I ever was
i hold everything i will ever be
and I am everything i want to be
but more importantly, i am everything i need to be
me, simply i am nothing but a shell that needs to be looked after
i am myself, small and weak, naive and stupid
me and myself try to be friends
and then there is the thing inside of me
that knows all, and is all powerful, and that is what i protect

Kapitan_Prien
21-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Pragmatic
A bit cynical
Give the benefit of the doubt
Down to earth
Aggressive (in a good way)
Quiet
Private
Listener (with others, but also in the sense of what's going on with my body)
Determined/Full of Willpower
Stubborn
Resourceful
Thrifty

Some things I've been called: Level headed, gentle, compassionate, courageous, unflappable...

Passionate about U-Boats (very defensive of the U-Boat crews and Doenitz).

Nostalgic

peteyzen
21-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Im here
im ginger
and im proud

Lisa
21-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Such stuff that dreams are made on.

A19White
21-12-2010, 08:34 PM
I think it will be best if I describe what I am not, rather than what I am. I wish to do this because I am not able to describe myself in terms of who I actually am. Who I actually am is abstract and the abstract is very difficult to describe because words can only symbolize what actually is.

I am not my thoughts, and I am not my name, I am not my wealth or accomplishments. I am also not my body, yes I am confined to this body but its is not who I am.

Summerkat
22-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I've always been a voracious reader and curious about a lot of things and had deep interest in spirituality for a very long time. Raised Catholic, had an OBE when I was a real young kid and that started a lot of questioning. Left the Catholic church when I was 20 and just began looking into various spiritual teachings and paths. Got involved in the Goddess and womens spirituality and been doing that the last 30 years. Love comedies, animals, nature, my computer :D and coffee! Also am a Empath and very much into dreamwork and the Fae. The one thing that has been changing is that I want spirituality to be more practical. The far flung ideas were interesting at first and I got caught up in a lot of it like everyone else..but now I only want what works. Oh and I'm skeptical about the majority views of God.

Almost forgot I love art, and I do fractals and drawing.

blackfellawhitefella
24-12-2010, 12:21 AM
i , gary , spear of light , gregarious hermit , vessel of the myth , fringe dwelling duty orientated Wanderer , desiring to hear the words ... well done our true and faithful servant.

Perspective
24-12-2010, 12:53 AM
describe who you are, your personalities and spiritual preferences and any other little things I'm indescribable... & I don't just mean spiritually, but externally too.
One of my High School friends once told me, "I can't figure out what you are" (meaning... stoner, church girl, preppy, socie...)
I just never liked labels & if anyone tried to pin one on me, I'd prove them wrong! The identity crisis never ends! :D Such stuff that dreams are made on. I like that! Speaks something of infinite potentials.