PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and their significance

Lilly82
09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I've been wondering about something. What is the significance - if any - that you attach to dreams about your twin flame/soul mate?

How do you go about interpreting them? Do you think they "mean" something, or do you suppose them to be wishes, fears or preoccupations just like other dreams? Do these dreams feel any different to others you normally have?

Lilly82
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I should add that I'm wondering because dreams have been so integral to my whole experience.

Firstly, before I'd even properly noticed my "TF", I had an odd dream about being led to an altar heavily veiled, and then someone joining my hands with a boy I later realised was a new boy at my school - this was 10 years ago. After that, I often dreamt of him and those dreams always made me feel strangely happy, peaceful and refreshed. I'd never seen him smile at school, but once I dreamt that we smiled together - and when I later saw him smile, it was exactly that same smile.

Throughout the years, I often dreamt that I was looking for him in the streets and in my old school, without ever finding him. In my waking life I didn't even properly realise I missed him; I just thought one day I'd see him again.

Then after we'd accidentally met each other again a year ago, and I never heard of him, I kept dreaming that I was e.g. in the same room with him but he would refuse to look in my direction, and I felt very unwelcome. I was holding back tears because he looked so angry.

Now the other night - after, once again, having reached some kind of a peace about never seeing him again, and after spending the entire day mired in worries that had absolutely nothing to do with him and not thinking about him in the least - I dreamt I came across him in the street. I was taken aback, but quickly said hi and smiled and hurried on my way. I was then surprised to see how his face brightened into a wide smile and he ran to catch me. He asked him if I was feeling well, and I told him. Then I said "I'm sorry to have written those silly letters to you", and he replied, "No, don't be - I understand it all now." Then we just stood there smiling and looking at each other, holding each other by the hand, and finally embraced. I woke up feeling such a peace and conviction that everything will be all right.

I mean, apart from the altar dream, these are all quite obvious. So I subconsciously missed a boy I'd obviously had a vague crush on; and then subconsciously felt snubbed when I heard nothing from him. But the latest dream did make me wonder what it might "mean". Does it simply mean that I'm starting to entertain foolish wishes and think of him again - and the whole sorry cycle starts anew - or might it mean something else?

That's why I'd really like to hear what kind of interpretive angles others have to their dreams :)