PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with my beliefs

jjwsmith
18-10-2014, 02:13 PM
I am someone who believes that an afterlife is more likely then not and who believes those who die should sooner or later have their wants and needs fulfilled and those who commit suicide should not have a harder time then those who die under other circumstances save for those who spent their lives causing nothing but pain. To those around them and even those people should be forgiven why are so many against that

Xiomara
18-10-2014, 02:40 PM
If you feel in your heart that this is true,then just follow your beliefs.When it comes to things like Afterlife,we shouldn't have convictions,but many people do.
In fact,does it matter what they say...

lemex
18-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I am someone who believes that an afterlife is more likely then not and who believes those who die should sooner or later have their wants and needs fulfilled and those who commit suicide should not have a harder time then those who die under other circumstances save for those who spent their lives causing nothing but pain. To those around them and even those people should be forgiven why are so many against that

When I use to talk to others about such things, what I learned to do was to include that question in the conversation. IOW they say why directly.

btw, I agree with you on the matter.

Lorelyen
18-10-2014, 03:44 PM

There's nothing wrong with your beliefs.

:smile:

linen53
18-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Follow your heart. That is where the truth is. You don't have to defend your beliefs. Just state them.

There are so many who believe what they believe because that is what someone taught them. They are not heart-connected with their belief system. They are head-connected.

When I learned that piece of wisdom, I was able to sit back and not become offended when others attacked my beliefs. I was able to just walk away.

Morpheus
18-10-2014, 05:20 PM

You have errant perception, seems.

Well, think about your statement. You make the exception regarding those who have spent their lives causing pain. But why do they do that except that they have somehow experienced trauma and pain themselves, no?
Such are situations in, "the world".

So, it's not about that, jjw.
It's about this fallen situation in the "world" involving the heart and soul. God ordained, by His mercy and grace, "Salvation", through certain means... a Way.

Which means, and way, Jesus is the Capstone of.

Salvation is the free gift of God, borne of His Love. The Way of forgiveness has been provided by God, in the sacrifice Jesus made for us on the Cross., millenia ago.

kjw47
18-10-2014, 08:48 PM

This is what God requires--John 4:22-24

muffin
18-10-2014, 08:53 PM
You have errant perception, seems.

Well, think about your statement. You make the exception regarding those who have spent their lives causing pain. But why do they do that except that they have somehow experienced trauma and pain themselves, no?
Such are situations in, "the world".

So, it's not about that, jjw.
It's about this fallen situation in the "world" involving the heart and soul. God ordained, by His mercy and grace, "Salvation", through certain means... a Way.

Which means, and way, Jesus is the Capstone of.

Salvation is the free gift of God, borne of His Love. The Way of forgiveness has been provided by God, in the sacrifice Jesus made for us on the Cross., millenia ago.

Afternoon Morpheus

Poppycock, this is your view and doesn't mean it's correct for another.

Greenslade
19-10-2014, 12:47 PM
As the Sufis say, "All beliefs go to God." If your truths resonate with you then they are your truths and that's all there is about it. If there is something wrong with your beliefs the 'wrong' is with the one who thinks they are wrong, and that says more about them than it does you.

Miss Hepburn
19-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I am someone who believes that an afterlife is more likely then not and who believes those
who die should sooner or later have their wants and needs fulfilled and those who commit suicide should not
have a harder time then those who die under other circumstances save for those who spent their lives
causing nothing but pain.
To those around them and even those people should be forgiven why are so many against that
Who cares what any one else believes? The dopes...:D

This would have been better in the Afterlife Section...more views from
interested people, that's all.

Gem
19-10-2014, 01:19 PM
People don't always agree, so I guess time will tell what's right or wrong, then.

Swami Chihuahuananda
23-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Who cares what any one else believes? The dopes...:D

This would have been better in the Afterlife Section...more views from
interested people, that's all.
That was posed to Sparrow in 'Common Questions About The Afterlife' , but in an impatient, impolite manner ; so far , no direct response from SGS.

But yeah, who cares ?. Beliefs are like faces ; everybody has one , and they change as we get older .

Moonglow
25-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Hello,

IMO, nothing is wrong with having beliefs.

If what is believed becomes more of a hindrance then a help, then perhaps it is time to reevaluate them and change course.

If judging your beliefs according to others, would say go with what resonates or rings true to you.

Many may disagree, so what. What is it that they disagree with?
To me could be that ones belief may not fit into their view points.
Then would say let them go their way and for one to go his/her way.

The test for me is what rings true with in and go easy on yourself.
Things change and so can beliefs. Let come what will and what is to pass to pass.

kjw47
25-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Hello,

IMO, nothing is wrong with having beliefs.

If what is believed becomes more of a hindrance then a help, then perhaps it is time to reevaluate them and change course.

If judging your beliefs according to others, would say go with what resonates or rings true to you.

Many may disagree, so what. What is it that they disagree with?
To me could be that ones belief may not fit into their view points.
Then would say let them go their way and for one to go his/her way.

The test for me is what rings true with in and go easy on yourself.
Things change and so can beliefs. Let come what will and what is to pass to pass.

People can say and think this is that or that is that--but they darn well better be doing this daily--John 4:22-24--- and it takes learning and knowing and applying truth to accomplish this.

dryad
25-10-2014, 08:24 PM
You want to forgive and be forgiven if I interpret your statement correctly (forgive the simplification). Those who want to disagree with you most likely want to judge and are scared of judgement themselves. They live in a place of fear. You live in a place of love. ... I know which one I'd rather have. Hope this helps you understand and forgive them.