PDA

View Full Version : Aroma-newbie here

Catharsis
09-09-2014, 02:04 AM
Okay, bear with me please. I'd love to make my apartment smell delightful and not like the broccoli I had for dinner earlier.

I recently bought two vials of oil from a natural health store. They are like those tiny eye dropper bottles. Can they be used in a candle diffuser?

The woman working there seemed to be clueless when I asked her. I have one that says: 'French Lavender - 100% essential oil' and the other 'Meditation - take 5 drops and inhale deeply'.

They both smell great, and would probably be perfect before-bed scents. I'd just like to know if a candle diffuser is okay or if there's another way I should be using them.

FruitLoop
09-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Lavender is definitely OK in a diffuser. I fill the burner with a small layer of water, then put a few drops of chosen essential oil into it. Haven't burned the house down yet :smile:

Be careful where you leave your oils though, you don't want the bottle near a naked flame because they are flammable.

Padraig
09-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I use Lavender in a defuser all the time very relaxing

Catharsis
10-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Okay, thanks a lot guys. I'll try out the lavender tonight. The 'Meditation' bottle is still a mystery. I do love the smell—sort of citrusy like orange peels or something. Right now I just pop the lid and sniff the bottle every now and then :D

sparrowsparrow
10-09-2014, 04:36 PM
You can use them both in the candle diffuser or mix with a carrier oil (olive oil, coconut oil ect.) as a massage oil and you can use that before bed too.