PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Witch Craft.

Lostgirl
05-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi All :D

So i started off with a really keen interest in Wicca, and i still love it, however i have been really interested in the old ways, the more traditional craft.

However trying to find information on it is an absolute nightmare. I am in the process of joining another forum that is souly dedicated to traditional witch craft but its really hard to join and they seem to frown on people who havent got other Witches in the family - which i dont.

Any advice or any place i can learn or any books would be great! Im starting to feel a little disheartened.

norseman
05-12-2010, 12:23 PM
If it's the forum I think it is, you might find a familiar name there :D

OK - books. Those that I recommended before. Hutton and Wilby.

Lostgirl
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Hutton and Wilby have been recommended alot on this forum :D

Also Artisson...

I shall just have a look and see if you are there.....I have been accepted with limited access...i might be a dodgy character hehe..

norseman
05-12-2010, 12:43 PM
"seek to follow the ways of the ancestors and honor the land in accordance with tradition"

Lostgirl
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
And yes it was you :) Brilliant a friendly face :D

Enya
15-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I found Rae Beth's Hedgwitch books to be useful.

norseman
15-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I must admit that I dont read many books [ apart from Hutton and Wilby of course ] but I have a strong preference for self-discovery. I deliberately chose the Hedge Witch or, to use the older name, the Cunning Folk which is a European shamanic path. This requires a great deal of self-knowledge and discovery in your environment [ my discovery has lasted over 40 years so far !] As my signature indicates, I am sworn to Mother Earth above all else. The knowledge needed for this path is never truly lost, it is all around you waiting to be discovered. No one can teach you this, it is truly experiential !
:D And getting your hands dirty up to the elbows :D