PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed and don't know what to do

Fire7
02-09-2014, 02:50 AM
So I live in South Florida (treasure coast), got laid off a few weeks ago, don't have a penny in my bank account or house, living with my mom who's the only one working but struggling as well, I have no car or driver license, not even money to catch the bus to another city to put in applications. I get $15 in foodstamps per month but just reapplied for an increase since my layoff.

My job won't be calling me back for another 2 months, so I just learned from my boss. I can get hired on with the company (been working through temp service) but a driver license is a prerequisite so I'm wondering how I get the money to even pay for a license. The agency hasn't found me any other work and I've put different applications in to no avail.

I'm willing to do anything, now...aside from prostitution or drug dealing, or anything illegal. I just don't know what. I would move to another city, state or country, right now if I had a job waiting for me there. I'm trying not to sweat it but this is crazy.

hirameki rei
02-09-2014, 03:09 AM
So I live in South Florida (treasure coast), got laid off a few weeks ago, don't have a penny in my bank account or house, living with my mom who's the only one working but struggling as well, I have no car or driver license, not even money to catch the bus to another city to put in applications. I get $15 in foodstamps per month but just reapplied for an increase since my layoff.

My job won't be calling me back for another 2 months, so I just learned from my boss. I can get hired on with the company (been working through temp service) but a driver license is a prerequisite so I'm wondering how I get the money to even pay for a license. The agency hasn't found me any other work and I've put different applications in to no avail.

I'm willing to do anything, now...aside from prostitution or drug dealing, or anything illegal. I just don't know what. I would move to another city, state or country, right now if I had a job waiting for me there. I'm trying not to sweat it but this is crazy.

I know this website that gets you paid for running other people's errands. I myself haven't used it, but I know friends that use it and its legit :)
https://www.airtasker.com/

tmsmem
02-09-2014, 04:25 AM
There are jobs you can do at home, such as answering phone calls for companies, from people calling
in to order things off TV, or where ever else.
Check indeed.com and read the reviews under the job openings.
I saw several work at home jobs on there just a few months ago, and read that the pay starts out ok, but then can
dwindle, but I'm sure some are better than others.
At least it may get you money to get around to find better work.
It is hard being stuck in a situation where you can't do anything at all.
I hope this helps you and good luck!

EDIT: Here is the link, it is set for South Florida, but you can change that, and can change the search criteria as well.
There are alot of pages, so be sure to read most of them because there are usually ones for answering calls from home.

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=at+home+Representative&l=South+Florida%2C+FL
http://www.indeed.com/q-Call-Center-Representative-l-South-Florida,-FL-jobs.html

Baile
02-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Hi Fire7. I left home with 20 dollars in my pocket and hitchhiked across the country. And I'm still alive and singing! Big world; yes it is scary if you let it become that. Just don't let it become that. Life is a glorious adventure. The reality is none of your questions can be answered by anyone here. If you need the money for a driver's license, you need to find the money. And you will find the money if that is what you truly want. That's the key: go get what you desire. And seeing life as a happy adventure makes it easy to be in that joyful frame of mind, which then creates a loving space for your desires to become a reality.