PDA

View Full Version : Do spirits have their own unique personality ?

Stormweaver
04-12-2010, 11:59 AM
And if they do, where did they get it from ?

I think I have asked a silly question

But anyways...

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Sangress
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Spirits have personalities just as diverse, if not more diverse, as you or I.

They gain their charicteristics, behaviour, perceptions, emotions....etc from their own personal experiences.

They all have their own strengths and weaknesses too.

In the end they are just like us, but in a different state of existence...without the constraints of physical flesh and blood.

Serenity Bear
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
The Spirit world is exactly like here, so we have all different types of people so do they!

Tricia
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
The Spirit world is exactly like here, so we have all different types of people so do they!

My thoughts exactly :)

Lynn
04-12-2010, 06:24 PM

But anyways...

Hello

First off no question asked is ever silly.....

I work with Spirits and the personality is whom they very much were. I do find that if one has not been the best of a person in life that side is still there but they are moving past that. Like a healing comes to settle them.

That is how messages are passed along I will get a "Odd" trait come to me or something deeply peronal with one's personality that only a close LOVed one would know of and that gives the reading valid basis.

We I feel never die we simply go back to enery . Our energy signature is that Spirit we are freed from the body.

Lynn

Tricia
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM

But anyways...

Noooooo lol you have not asked a silly question :) Spirits take their same personality across with them. Quite often when a message comes through from someone in spirit their personality shines through, it's by their personality that they are remembered, well among other things also.

I do have to say though, personalities can change after a period of time. Put it this way..... By and through their own personal growth, if that makes any sense?

Rumar
04-12-2010, 07:00 PM

But anyways...

That's like asking if we humans have our own personalities, try again.

deepsea
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
We all have our own personal characters here so why not in the spirit?
But then again,what about our past lives?
Do we still retain characteristics from those lives when we return to spirit?
Um...............makes one think................
Deepsea

shaya48
05-12-2010, 01:51 AM

But anyways...

HI :smile:

NOT A SILLY QUESTION AT ALL IT IS ONE I ASKED MANY YEARS AGO WHILE IN LEARNING OF MY SPRITUAL PATH.

WE STAY THE SAME AS WE WERE WITH OUR PERSONALITY WHEN WE PASS OVER, WE DONT NEED A PHYSICAL BODY ANY MORE, BUT WE STAY THE SAME, IF WE LIKED LAUGH ALOT AND TELL JOKES THAT IS HOW WE REMAIN IN SPIRIT, IT IS OUR PERSONALITY THAT BRINGS PROOF OF THAT PERSON LIVING ON IN SPIRIT WHEN BRINGING A MESSAGE THROUGH FOR A LOVED ONE THAT WISHES TO CONNECT TO A MEDIUM TO DO THAT.

THE SPIRIT WORLD IS ONE OF GREAT WONDER, BEAUTY, COLOUR, HAPPINESS,MEETING UP WITH ALL OUR LOVED ONES AGAIN, LOVE, PEACE, AND HARMONY ONE OF OCEANS, ANIMAL LIFE, FORRESTS, THE COSMOS, DESERTS, RIVERS, WATERFALLS, PLANT LIFE, SEEING OUR PETS AGAIN, GREAT LEARNING HALLS, PLACES OF HEALING UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU EVER SEE ON THIS EARTH PLANE, LIFE IS CREATED IN THE SPIRIT WORLD THERE ARE SPIRIT NURSERIES WITH LITTLE SOULS WAITING TO BE BORN INTO THE EARTH PLANE, THROUGH A PHYSICAL MUM ON THE EARTH PLANE, THE BEAUTY IS UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU WILL SEE HERE, WHAT WE DONT ACHEIVE OR FINISH HERE WE DO IN SPIRIT,.MY SON HAS SHOWN ME THE BEAUTY OF THE SPIRIT WORLD, AND I COULD FEEL THE BEAUTY NOT JUST SEE IT , ITS VERY HARD TO EXPLAIN THAT MUCH WONDER AND BEAUTY YOU HAVE TO SEE IT.

THERE IS NO SICKNESS, WARS, WORRY, GREED OR THE NASTY SIDE OF THE EARTH PLANE IN THE SPIRIT WORLD.

MYSELF PERSONALLY I CANT WAIT TO GET THERE LOL:smile: ,WE ARE WHOLE AGAIN WHEN WE PASS OVER WITH AN ILLNESS OR CANCER THAT HAS TAKEN OUR HAIR, OR LIMB/LIMBS/ IF WE WERE DISFIGURED IN ANY WAY THROUGH AN ACCIDENT WE ARE PERFECT AGAIN, WE LEAVE OUR DAMAGED EARTH BODY BEHIND, WHICH IS LIKE AN OVER COAT, WE TAKE THAT OFF BECAUSE WE DONT NEED IT ANYMORE IN THE SPIRIT WORLD.

WE ALL SEE OUR LOVED ONES AGAIN, WE ARE ONE BIG HAPPY LOVING FAMILY IN SPIRIT I WOULD SAY TO ANYONE THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR WHEN WE LEAVE THIS EARTH PLANE, IF WE HAVE BEEN KIND, LOVING AND COMPASSIONATE HERE THAT IS WHAT WE GO TO.:hug:

LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA.:hug3:

Skye
05-12-2010, 02:22 AM

But anyways...

People in the spirit world once lived here their personality stays with them when they cross over to the other side of life.
I wouldn't say it was a silly question either.

Stormweaver
05-12-2010, 04:46 AM
Ahhh k, thanks everyone for your wisdom and experiences.

I wasnt too sure if we still kept our personalities after we cross over.

Because I was confused about our ego that effects our personality, and wondered if it would be kind of washed away once we are on the other side.

I wish I had the skills to speak to spirit like you Lynn. But even if I am given the skill now, I think I would be too scared to react calmly hehehe.

The world of spirit sounds like a really nice place to adventure into. No need of sleep and no need to eat, can party all the time !

Thanks again everyone :smile:

Stormweaver
05-12-2010, 07:47 AM
We all have our own personal characters here so why not in the spirit?
But then again,what about our past lives?
Do we still retain characteristics from those lives when we return to spirit?
Um...............makes one think................
Deepsea

Hi Deepsea

Thats a pretty good question you have there.

It would be interesting to know, would communicating to a spirit who have past lives be able to tell us the answer ?

Cheers.

deepsea
05-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Spirit are always happy to answer questions.
Well,some anyway.
Try and see if they are willing to answer,I think the reply may be very interesting.
Deepsea :smile:

glenos
05-12-2010, 11:38 AM
All of who you are manifests itself in Spirit. All the exams, all of the test papers, all of the lifetimes. Who you see is what you are, and all that you will get until the vibe takes you again...

Onward and upward folks.

mac
05-12-2010, 11:42 AM

But anyways...

When you speak of "spirits" what do you think they are I wonder? :wink:

I battle constantly to get folks not to use words like this as they conjure up (almost literally) images from movies and novels etc.

If you can think of "spirits" not so much as nebulous characters but people who once lived here as we do and now live elsewhere - as we once used to!

They still have the characters and characteristics they had 'over here' but there will also be some which have developed away from this physical dimension. The new ones, however, will not have overwritten the old ones which evolved alongside the individuals themselves..... They are part of what makes us who we are and we retain many of them.

And now I've finally used the word I normally use instead of spirits - 'individuals'. :D

Serenity Bear
05-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Maybe we should use Discarnate and Carnate which is the correct form :) but I dont believe in changing eons of language. Once you connect with the Spirit world you understand why they are called spirits.

Its a bit like calling the people from England the English, Scots the Scottish and so on.

mac
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm a pedant - where there is a correct way I like to know about it. If I find a clearer way, I try to use it.

In threads where there is more serious content you'll often see me using 'discarnate' and 'incarnate'.

The word 'spirit' has been used for hundreds of years, is archaic and now has undesirable spooky connotations - good reasons why spirits is not my preferred word for our unseen, discarnate friends.

It may be that connecting with them does lead some to understand why they are called 'spirits' but I see no sound reason for that...

I'm one of 'the English' because I hail from a country called England. 'The Scottish' come from a country called Scotland.

So, extrapolating, 'the spirits' come from somewhere called Spiritland?????:confused: huh?

Xan
05-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I wasnt too sure if we still kept our personalities after we cross over.

Because I was confused about our ego that effects our personality, and wondered if it would be kind of washed away once we are on the other side.
Stormweaver... Although we keep the flavor of our personality after death - our unique energy patterns - that is not the "ego". Ego is how we cling to and defend our conditioned surface identity.

How much ego is washed away on the other side depends on how well we have learned to let go which determines how free we become, and how high we go in the spirit worlds.

Xan

Elijah
05-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Tbh even the idea that we exist as a 'unique' 'whatever' (energy, soul, spirit, being) beyond the body is still the ego trying to maintain an individually eternal existence.

pre-dawn
06-12-2010, 03:58 AM
If that is so what is the point of incarnating on earth? Why not just stay spirit?

Sangress
06-12-2010, 04:31 AM
If that is so what is the point of incarnating on earth? Why not just stay spirit?

I asked myself the same thing a few thousand lives back.

So far the only answer I have is that physical bodies make you stronger and more able to withstand the pressures of the non-physical existence you integrate or return to.

Bodies are protective and the physical state of existent is seen to be one of the safest places to be. Being here, in a body, allows a safe period of spiritual development to occur.

In short, a physical existence ensures survival of the fittest when confronted with a non-physical existence.

Just my opinion though. Take it or leave it.

Greenslade
06-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I asked myself the same thing a few thousand lives back.

So far the only answer I have is that physical bodies make you stronger and more able to withstand the pressures of the non-physical existence you integrate or return to.

Bodies are protective and the physical state of existent is seen to be one of the safest places to be. Being here, in a body, allows a safe period of spiritual development to occur.

In short, a physical existence ensures survival of the fittest when confronted with a non-physical existence.

Just my opinion though. Take it or leave it.

There are experiences/lessons that can only happen in this third dimension, that's why we incarnate into physical bodies. It's not about survival, even in this dimension because Life is eternal. There is no particular reason we can't stay as Spirit and never incarnate into a physical body, it does happen. It just depends on your Path and what you need from it.

mac
06-12-2010, 11:25 AM
There are experiences/lessons that can only happen in this third dimension, that's why we incarnate into physical bodies. It's not about survival, even in this dimension because Life is eternal. There is no particular reason we can't stay as Spirit and never incarnate into a physical body, it does happen. It just depends on your Path and what you need from it.
Guidance offered on the importance of earth conditions is that they are very special and offer a wealth of experiences which greatly enhance our spiritual progression.

It's impossible to know what how many souls choose to incarnate on our earth compared with those who do not, but with a projected global population of 9 billion by the middle of this century it might be a valid conclusion that there is certainly something of value to be found here. :wink:

The principle of "survival of the fittest" is one which is found in the physical but not in the so-called spiritual dimensions. One important aspect I point out when trying to explain why we come here is that much of what we find 'over here' is not to be found anywhere 'over there'.

This world is a unique place, not only because it's dense and unmalleable, 'physical' dimension (others too) but in the richness of ways of experience which have emerged since it was brought into being an unimaginably long time ago.

We'll find out if we research the situation after our return to the spiritual dimensions just how special - or perhaps not - this earth truly is.

Until then we have the guidance offered by spiritually evolved teachers in the past.

Sangress
06-12-2010, 11:30 AM
There are experiences/lessons that can only happen in this third dimension, that's why we incarnate into physical bodies. It's not about survival, even in this dimension because Life is eternal. There is no particular reason we can't stay as Spirit and never incarnate into a physical body, it does happen. It just depends on your Path and what you need from it. __________________
I know spirits who will never expect to gain a physical body and that the things you learn here are on a completely different level to over on the "other side."

I'm just talking from my own personal experience/path because I've found that being here is safer than from the place I originated from (a lot of others agree with me in their own terms on that one,) and that I've become stronger than I ever could have by incarnating in a physical skin, thereby increasing my chances of continuing to exist as a conscious and functioning being when I go "home."

In the end it really does come down to gaining experience.

mac
06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
"I know spirits who will never expect to gain a physical body and that the things you learn here are on a completely different level to over on the "other side."

Why do they not expect it?

"I'm just talking from my own personal experience/path because I've found that being here is safer than from the place I originated from (a lot of others agree with me in their own terms on that one,) and that I've become stronger than I ever could have by incarnating in a physical skin".

I'm confused - are you not, then, incarnate? If so perhaps you could expand my/our understanding of your situation?

Maybe you could also add something about why here is "safer" than wherever you originated?

Sangress
06-12-2010, 11:51 AM
They don't expect it because they are not in the position to get a skin of their own yet, or they are not finished with what they are already doing, or they would prefer to experience the physical world from a spirits point of view, they might also have responsibilities involving others they are teaching (if they are a guide) or they might be in a weakened state that will compromise their integration into a body......there are myriads of reasons, those are just a few off the top of my head.

I'm incarnate, I wouldn't be writing if I was not.

Here is safer than there because this place is subtly effected by the non-physical world. Generally speaking, nothing non-physical can attack you here and cause any lasting damage. You could go your whole life here without perceiving so much as a flash of energy if you chose to shut your senses off to the "other side."

Ignorance is a lot of the reason why this place is safe too.

Another reason is that bodies allow non-physical wounds from a previous spiritual existence to heal that would otherwise render a spirit very helpless at times.

Anyhow, we're getting a bit off subject here. So sorry about that.

God-Like
06-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Ignorance Is bliss - lol - That's for sure..

Many Psychics / mediums only ask to see and hear the good stuff.

At times having heightened awareness can bring all sorts of probs to the Individual..

And In reference to the thread about spirits and there personality..

Many think that those that pass over to the world of spirit automatically see the light within themselves..

Nope.

You do not change over night.. some don't want to look at themselves anymore In the spirit world than they did on the earth plane..

x daz x

mac
06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
They don't expect it because they are not in the position to get a skin of their own yet, or they are not finished with what they are already doing, or they would prefer to experience the physical world from a spirits point of view, they might also have responsibilities involving others they are teaching (if they are a guide) or they might be in a weakened state that will compromise their integration into a body......there are myriads of reasons, those are just a few off the top of my head.

I'm incarnate, I wouldn't be writing if I was not.

Here is safer than there because this place is subtly effected by the non-physical world. Generally speaking, nothing non-physical can attack you here and cause any lasting damage. You could go your whole life here without perceiving so much as a flash of energy if you chose to shut your senses off to the "other side."

Another reason is that bodies allow non-physical wounds from a previous spiritual existence to heal that would otherwise render a spirit very helpless at times.

Anyhow, we're getting a bit off subject here. So sorry about that.
We're not off-topic as what you've said still relates to "Spirits having their own unique personality", the thread title. :smile:

You didn't explain ".... and that I've become stronger than I ever could have by incarnating in a physical skin". which puzzled me - perhaps you meant that you became strong before you incarnated here, stronger than if you had not had those other existences?

Sangress
06-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I fail to see a connection between that and the title.....but I'll take your word for it regardless.

mac
06-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Ignorance Is bliss - lol - That's for sure..

Many Psychics / mediums only ask to see and hear the good stuff.

At times having heightened awareness can bring all sorts of probs to the Individual..

And In reference to the thread about spirits and there personality..

Many think that those that pass over to the world of spirit automatically see the light within themselves..

Nope.

You do not change over night.. some don't want to look at themselves anymore In the spirit world than they did on the earth plane..

x daz x

"Many Psychics / mediums only ask to see and hear the good stuff." And how do you know this...?

Of course we don't change immediately - overnight - after our passing. The more we have progressed, though, the quicker our re-adaptation to what is familiar from earlier times...

So it's a case of some do see "the light within themselves" and others still have a way to go.

We are as unique in our etheric forms as we are in our physical forms.

God-Like
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
"Many Psychics / mediums only ask to see and hear the good stuff." And how do you know this...?

Of course we don't change immediately - overnight - after our passing. The more we have progressed, though, the quicker our re-adaptation to what is familiar from earlier times...

So it's a case of some do see "the light within themselves" and others still have a way to go.

We are as unique in our etheric forms as we are in our physical forms.

And how do you know this...?

A mixture of self experience and hearing what others say.

There was a period In my life where all news "wasn't good news"..

Whether the Info was for Individuals that I know or on a global scale...

I said "for crying out loud give something positive for once"

for 4 months I didn't hear or see anything (lol)..

Perhaps a medium doesn't get to choose what Information comes there way?

Ignorance Is bliss at times when all you hear Is bad news after bad news..

x daz x

mac
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I fail to see a connection between that and the title.....but I'll take your word for it regardless.
No need to take my word.

You made these comment in response to an earlier one by Greenslade in this same forum.... "I know spirits who will never expect to gain a physical body and that the things you learn here are on a completely different level to over on the "other side." and "I'm just talking from my own personal experience/path because I've found that being here is s.........exist as a conscious and functioning being when I go "home."

Presumably you thought they weren't off-topic then so I don't see why they would be now.

mac
06-12-2010, 12:36 PM
And how do you know this...?

A mixture of self experience and hearing what others say.

There was a period In my life where all news "wasn't good news"..

Whether the Info was for Individuals that I know or on a global scale...

I said "for crying out loud give something positive for once"

for 4 months I didn't hear or see anything (lol)..

Perhaps a medium doesn't get to choose what Information comes there way?

Ignorance Is bliss at times when all you hear Is bad news after bad news..

x daz x
They are broad-brush statements for what is only your experience...

"I said "for crying out loud give something positive for once" Something isn't working properly for you, it seems, but do you automatically suppose that all others will experience the same?

"Whether the Info was for Individuals that I know or on a global scale..." If you didn't know who the information was for, what does that suggest?

God-Like
06-12-2010, 12:45 PM

"I said "for crying out loud give something positive for once" Something isn't working properly for you, it seems, but do you automatically suppose that all others will experience the same?

"Whether the Info was for Individuals that I know or on a global scale..." If you didn't know who the information was for, what does that suggest?

Like I said I listen to what others say..mac

Do I need to list all their names? And In what spiritual circles they dwell?

If you didn't know who the information was for, what does that suggest?

I did that's the point (lol) That's why I didn't want to hear It..

That's why I asked for the bad news to cease..

It did.

But so did the good news..So like I said perhaps we don't get a choice to what Info comes our way..

x daz x

Stormweaver
07-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Stormweaver... Although we keep the flavor of our personality after death - our unique energy patterns - that is not the "ego". Ego is how we cling to and defend our conditioned surface identity.

How much ego is washed away on the other side depends on how well we have learned to let go which determines how free we become, and how high we go in the spirit worlds.

Xan

Thanks Xan, I had a bit of trouble understanding the meaning of ego.

Cheers :smile:

Stormweaver
07-12-2010, 05:34 AM
When you speak of "spirits" what do you think they are I wonder? :wink:

I battle constantly to get folks not to use words like this as they conjure up (almost literally) images from movies and novels etc.

If you can think of "spirits" not so much as nebulous characters but people who once lived here as we do and now live elsewhere - as we once used to!

They still have the characters and characteristics they had 'over here' but there will also be some which have developed away from this physical dimension. The new ones, however, will not have overwritten the old ones which evolved alongside the individuals themselves..... They are part of what makes us who we are and we retain many of them.

And now I've finally used the word I normally use instead of spirits - 'individuals'. :D
Hey Mac

I thought spirits were something different in a way like, they are more advanced than when they were once humans.

Its like they are the nobles and we are the peasants. Therefore when we cross over, we will understand fully of what it is, then we will become more sophisicated and understanding, and maybe more serious.

Its like watching Lord of the rings, I know its a bad example to give, but the High elves compared to the hobbits.

Thats why I wasnt sure hahahahha.

But now I can get a good idea from all above discussions. :smile:

mac
07-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey Mac

I thought spirits were something different in a way like, they are more advanced than when they were once humans.

Its like they are the nobles and we are the peasants. Therefore when we cross over, we will understand fully of what it is, then we will become more sophisicated and understanding, and maybe more serious.

Its like watching Lord of the rings, I know its a bad example to give, but the High elves compared to the hobbits.

Thats why I wasnt sure hahahahha.

But now I can get a good idea from all above discussions. :smile:
I'm pleased to hear it's helped you. :smile: I suspect that there are others who feel the way you describe in your first paragraph.

It's important to remember, though, that there are many in the etheric realms who are more spiritually evolved. My example, though, was intended to focus on the 'closest' regions, often termed the Astral level.

It's arguable that the individuals living there are the ones most likely to manifest the recognisable characters they had while incarnate.

Greenslade
08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
:

Don't discount the Hobbits. Even the Elves fell under Sauron's power and it wasn't until Frodo had the power to destroy the Ring or not that he fell. :-)

The question for me would be how much of a choice do we have about how much of our humanity we take with us? Is it inevitable that some things are stripped away or can we choose to keep some of it? For instance, if we chose to keep ego as Spirit?

As it happens, I sometimes have a 12th Dimensional character buzzing away inside my head and he is a bit of a character. I was thinking about him when I was writing in a thread about guardian angels, and he said "I am what you could term an angel, but if you call me an angel I'll slap you". If there's no sense of humour 'up there' I'm off somewhere else.

Xan
08-12-2010, 08:52 PM
The question for me would be how much of a choice do we have about how much of our humanity we take with us? Is it inevitable that some things are stripped away or can we choose to keep some of it? For instance, if we chose to keep ego as Spirit?
No offence, Greenslade... but this strikes me as a question like, "How about if I choose to keep studying from my first grade reader when I get to graduate school?"

In this world we usually cling to an ego-identity that becomes entirely superfluous in realms beyond... Or... If we remain in clinging we stay stuck at a lower level --- like ghosts who haunt and don't even know they are dead, or astral beings who don't know their pure spiritual nature.

In fact, if you look into some of the thousands of near death experience stories you'll find that most of what holds us here becomes as nothing once beyond the body and many don't want to return. Except for two things: Raising young children, and a sense of learning or projects left unfinished.

And yes... there is a sense of humor about our human foibles in the high bright spirit world of angels and such.

Xan

James2612
09-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi,
I like this question and it has got me thinking....

The personality that i have is in part due to the why my brain is wired... There are stories of people that had massive head trauma and as a result suffered a personality change.

But then, with out this trauma our personality also changes as we go thru life and learn things.. Is this new neural path ways that effect us?? I dont know the answer that. But if our personality is a result of how we are wired, then that suggests that when we no longer have this physical brain that the personality would change maybe???

When we die, i would imagine that the personality at first would be the same as before. The same as the way we perceive our looks.. Maybe once we have learned the new rules of this new world that we have passed into our "personality" becomes redundant?? Again this is just my train of thought and i have no qualification to back this up...

Another thing i have thought... I have heard of being in spirit described as being a drop of water going back to the ocean.... It is still in the water but is now apart OFF the water... Would this mean that our personality would become apart of the mass personality?

Maybe personality is just a "physical" thing and in spirit it is redundant??

Dose any one have any thoughts on this? Maybe i am well off the mark with this line of thought...

Nam3lessOne
09-12-2010, 03:18 AM
This world is a unique place, not only because it's dense and unmalleable, 'physical' dimension (others too) but in the richness of ways of experience which have emerged since it was brought into being an unimaginably long time ago.

I'm just talking from my own personal experience/path because I've found that being here is safer than from the place I originated from (a lot of others agree with me in their own terms on that one,) and that I've become stronger than I ever could have by incarnating in a physical skin, thereby increasing my chances of continuing to exist as a conscious and functioning being when I go "home."

The life of a seed. It is encased within its protective shell. It is embedded into stable, yet fertile ground, so that the seed may absorb the nutrients and stimulation of its environment. It grows roots, and secures itself to solid ground, so that it may grow according to its nature.

The seed grows upward, as a sprout at first, then developing a firm foundation for it to handle more limbs, and advance upward yet still. At some point, its roots gain knowledge of other such plants in its reach, and realizes it is not alone: surrounded by shrubs, flowers, and great trees. ... Of course, insects and other creatures will notice the plant, ... some of them good,... others simply there to consume the plants limbs or fruit. Still, the plant strives to grow,... and grow,... high above its roots. ... It no longer needs the protection of the ground, for its foundation is protection enough.

(that.... or maybe a caterpillar, cocoon, butterfly metaphor would be better? mmm)

Hi,
I like this question and it has got me thinking....

The personality that i have is in part due to the why my brain is wired... There are stories of people that had massive head trauma and as a result suffered a personality change.

But then, with out this trauma our personality also changes as we go thru life and learn things.. Is this new neural path ways that effect us?? I dont know the answer that. But if our personality is a result of how we are wired, then that suggests that when we no longer have this physical brain that the personality would change maybe???

When we die, i would imagine that the personality at first would be the same as before. The same as the way we perceive our looks.. Maybe once we have learned the new rules of this new world that we have passed into our "personality" becomes redundant?? Again this is just my train of thought and i have no qualification to back this up...

Another thing i have thought... I have heard of being in spirit described as being a drop of water going back to the ocean.... It is still in the water but is now apart OFF the water... Would this mean that our personality would become apart of the mass personality?

Maybe personality is just a "physical" thing and in spirit it is redundant??

Dose any one have any thoughts on this? Maybe i am well off the mark with this line of thought...

---> My opinion <--- is that the 'personality' that a 'spirit' 'possesses' before incarnation or after 'death' (a lot of quote-marks), ... is a culmination of its nature at every point of its existence. That personality is as much pre-trauma as it is post-trauma. Both incarnate personalities (or more likely, every frame of personality of each millisecond of your conscious life) is apart of that one non-physical personality. ... That's a LOT of personality.

In terms of even higher dimensional beings, ... such as Greenslade's 12th dimensional being, as an example, .... HIS personality is comprised of every frame of personality he experienced in every dimension below him, and then some. ... ... Quite a character you say? Something tells me you have no idea. (Of course, since you are 3rd dimensional, he is, of course, going to speak to you in 3rd dimensional terms. ... If he didn't, it would like describing rocket science to a 3rd grader.)

Xan
09-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Sangress: Here is safer than there...

Maybe we need to clarify what we mean by "safe".

In this world any sort of damage can be done, physically, emotionally and energetically... because the lack of knowing oneself as unassailable spirit is rampant.

Once we know beyond knowing what we truly are... then and only then are we Whole and Safe.

Xan

Stormweaver
11-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Don't discount the Hobbits. Even the Elves fell under Sauron's power and it wasn't until Frodo had the power to destroy the Ring or not that he fell. :-)

As it happens, I sometimes have a 12th Dimensional character buzzing away inside my head and he is a bit of a character. I was thinking about him when I was writing in a thread about guardian angels, and he said "I am what you could term an angel, but if you call me an angel I'll slap you". If there's no sense of humour 'up there' I'm off somewhere else.
Hey Greenslade

Yeah, the hobbits were pretty brave and cool for their size.
Its their personality that I was comparing to. Although I was a little upset when Frodo almost got lured into the rings power just at the end. However what brought him to that fiery place was something that the elves didnt get to go that far.

haha your angel sounds like a cool and funny character. Is it Kryn ?

Cheers.

Stormweaver
11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
........ Sorry spamming

Stormweaver
11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
:icon_eek:

Greenslade
12-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Hey Greenslade

Yeah, the hobbits were pretty brave and cool for their size.
Its their personality that I was comparing to. Although I was a little upset when Frodo almost got lured into the rings power just at the end. However what brought him to that fiery place was something that the elves didnt get to go that far.

haha your angel sounds like a cool and funny character. Is it Kryn ?

Cheers.

There you go then Storm, there's a lot to be said for the little people in this Life after all:-) The Elves had so many secrets they were hiding, perhaps they never intended to go anyway? And yeah, that was Kryn. He's just popped in to say give you a :hug3:

Perhaps instead of looking at the 'Spiritually techy' side of this discussion, maybe the Spiritually experienced side would make more sense? Does your guide have a personality, and if so how does it manifest?

Stormweaver
15-12-2010, 06:30 AM
There you go then Storm, there's a lot to be said for the little people in this Life after all:-) The Elves had so many secrets they were hiding, perhaps they never intended to go anyway? And yeah, that was Kryn. He's just popped in to say give you a :hug3:

Perhaps instead of looking at the 'Spiritually techy' side of this discussion, maybe the Spiritually experienced side would make more sense? Does your guide have a personality, and if so how does it manifest?

Hey Greenslade

I dont know about my guide. I was told that I had archangel Michael, and another female guide which her names hard to pronounce. However I never have met any of them. But I should have died long ago from weird things that I never could have gotten from harms away alone.
But then Im not sure if it was my guide/s getting me out of trouble. Wish I knew for sure.

So I dont know about their personality. Nevertheless its good to hear that you know yours. :smile:

Forgot to say " Hello Kryn :) "

Greenslade
15-12-2010, 09:12 AM
---> My opinion <--- is that the 'personality' that a 'spirit' 'possesses' before incarnation or after 'death' (a lot of quote-marks), ... is a culmination of its nature at every point of its existence. That personality is as much pre-trauma as it is post-trauma. Both incarnate personalities (or more likely, every frame of personality of each millisecond of your conscious life) is apart of that one non-physical personality. ... That's a LOT of personality.

In terms of even higher dimensional beings, ... such as Greenslade's 12th dimensional being, as an example, .... HIS personality is comprised of every frame of personality he experienced in every dimension below him, and then some. ... ... Quite a character you say? Something tells me you have no idea. (Of course, since you are 3rd dimensional, he is, of course, going to speak to you in 3rd dimensional terms. ... If he didn't, it would like describing rocket science to a 3rd grader.)

Oops, missed this. 3rd grader indeed, grrrrrr :-) By the way, what comes after 'D'? lol. Actually that would explain a lot really, the 'collective personality' of all those Past Lives and what ever else is in the mix. All I can ever have is an inkling but then he understands this and works with what little my poor human brain can get a hold of.

Hey Greenslade

I dont know about my guide. I was told that I had archangel Michael, and another female guide which her names hard to pronounce. However I never have met any of them. But I should have died long ago from weird things that I never could have gotten from harms away alone.
But then Im not sure if it was my guide/s getting me out of trouble. Wish I knew for sure.

So I dont know about their personality. Nevertheless its good to hear that you know yours. :smile:

Forgot to say " Hello Kryn :) "

He's smiling :-) And he's not saying much. I feel a connection between the two of you but he's keeping very quiet about you. It's not for him to say. There are reasons you haven't met your guides, something around being too close to them in another Life. Just have patience.

psychoslice
15-12-2010, 09:40 AM
There is ONE Spirit and that Spirit does not have a personality, the persona or personality is like a mask we all wear believing thats who we are, we are much more than our false persona, we are pure Being, pure Consciousness or Spirit.

supernova
15-12-2010, 11:19 AM
There is ONE Spirit and that Spirit does not have a personality, the persona or personality is like a mask we all wear believing thats who we are, we are much more than our false persona, we are pure Being, pure Consciousness or Spirit.

I subscribe to your views. if they have personalities they will be subjected to all our woes too