PDA

View Full Version : Diet which promotes Spiritual development?

MOLA
25-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

So as I continue to grow and learn more about my spirituality, I have learned that diet affects our spirituality. Hence the reason why I made this thread. As a person that is careless about choosing his diet, I would like to ask you fellow spiritualist (:tongue:) of what you think/know of a good diet that promotes spiritual development.

As of this writing, I am aware that eating vegetables and fruits is what's best. The problem with an organic diet, though, is I'm naturally a skinny person and eating only organic diet would affect my weight and overall look dramatically. So I'm asking, do you know any good diet that is balanced? By balanced, I mean good for spirituality and good for physical well-being.

If possible, please mention specific types of food. Not just a food group. Thanks.

Baile
25-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Diet topics are in the Health/Lifestyle forum, many threads there including weight loss help.

MOLA
25-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Diet topics are in the Health/Lifestyle forum, many threads there including weight loss help.

Yeah I'm sure you didn't read my OP. If you did, you'd know I'm only asking this for spiritual development . So it fits.

Baile
25-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah I'm sure you didn't read my OP. If you did, you'd know I'm only asking this for spiritual development . So it fits.As opposed to all the non-spiritual development diet questions in the Health forum? What are you suggesting here?

MOLA
25-08-2014, 08:19 AM
As opposed to all the non-spiritual development diet questions in the Health forum? What are you suggesting here?

If you have nothing to suggest, just don't reply.

Baile
25-08-2014, 08:21 AM
If you have nothing to suggest, just don't reply.I suggested you look in the Health forum for diet and weight help, my goodness! Doesn't get any more suggestion-specific than that!

Robinski78
25-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Personally, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference ~ one way or the other...

I've eaten all manner of dietary menus and it never made an iota of difference to my development ~ other than to say if I had followed a particular course of action, I might have been more advanced now than I am ~ or maybe less... The answer to that will forever remain a mystery...

In my humble, considered opinion, there are many more things to concentrate on, than what you need to eat...

But that's me ~ being me....

Xiomara
25-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Fruits and vegetables,yes,but from what i know,and from what works for me is also very important if you can eat less salt and sugar,of course himalayan salt and unrefined sugar is best.If you are skinny,shouldnt be worry if your diet includes raisins,dries figs and raw nuts,they are also good spiritually.
And the herbs which you may use as spices to maintain high level of physical and spiritual health are numerous,just to mention some of them:
cardamom,cinnamon,ginger,sage(salvia officinalis),savory.

Baile
25-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Personally, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference ~ one way or the other...To one's spiritual person? No. Gaining 50 lbs by eating pizza? Yes. Gaining 50 lbs and eating junk food can negatively impact one's self-image and inner spiritual wellbeing.

MOLA
25-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Fruits and vegetables,yes,but from what i know,and from what works for me is also very important if you can eat less salt and sugar,of course himalayan salt and unrefined sugar is best.If you are skinny,shouldnt be worry if your diet includes raisins,dries figs and raw nuts,they are also good spiritually.
And the herbs which you may use as spices to maintain high level of physical and spiritual health are numerous,just to mention some of them:
cardamom,cinnamon,ginger,sage(salvia officinalis),savory.

To the bolded, so the point is to eat foods that are closest to their natural state? Which is why we apply as little added flavors as possible?

And to the rest, thank you. I will jot them down. :D

Xiomara
25-08-2014, 08:41 AM
When you dont add much salt or sugar,the very essence and flavor of the food is felt better.Besides,developing a sense towards each foods genuine taste gives you a better understanding of the energies which particular food can give you.

Swami Chihuahuananda
25-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Personally, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference ~ one way or the other...

I've eaten all manner of dietary menus and it never made an iota of difference to my development ~ other than to say if I had followed a particular course of action, I might have been more advanced now than I am ~ or maybe less... The answer to that will forever remain a mystery...

In my humble, considered opinion, there are many more things to concentrate on, than what you need to eat...

The most succinctly we heard it put was "food does not determine consciousness" . If it did , we could all just eat 'correctly' and become enlightened . License to let base hungers rule our lives , and to eat whatever unhealthy junk we want ? . Theoretically, perhaps, but that isn't the question, and becauise a sane, genuinely spiritual person becomes inclined to eat in ways that support health and inner well being , generally speaking.

But using diet as a means of obtaining or increasing 'spirituality' , I don't see the equation as working that way. It's of a bigger scope than what food controls . Just like everything else people do to be spiritual; any one thing isn't what does the trick . It's a bigger thing than all the little thinghs we do to try and get it and/or keep it .

Support it with good diet , yes. Attain it with diet ? ehhh not so much .

Lorelyen
25-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Look, if you want to live spirit you have to live as close to nature as you can. Humans were designed for physical work, to eat what was provided by nature, to sleep when tired and awaken according to their environment and circadian cycles.

Of course, it's impossible to be a nature girl or boy nowadays unless you can escape the ravages of industrialisation - may mean isolating yourself or joining a self-sustaining commune but you can fight the ravages of the systems into which we've been born to some extent by not acceding to them more than you have to.

Diet, exercise, sleep, breathing, purity of environment when you can afford or get it, solitude for you contemplations, and of course persistence and practice in those ways and techniques that allow you to find yourself, or your "self" some of which are about the fight against the things that try to bind us to physical earth in the way we think and act.

Diet alone isn't enough. But any diet that avoids fast-foods and ready-meals where possible is an improvement. if you're overweight, reduce portion sizes little by little. (Though I lead a reasonably physical life now, my good portions are about half what they were 15 years ago.) Eat organic where you can and research which varieties of vegetable give you the greatest nutrition. You just have to do your best, and the better your best gets, the more easier it is to assume your spirituality without have to keep work at it.

Xiomara
25-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Spirituality is a way of life.Everything matters,and what you eat becomes part of you.The food is energy and the way you eat goes hand in hand with your development.

Lorelyen
25-08-2014, 08:54 AM
The most succinctly we heard it put was "food does not determine consciousness" . If it did , we could all just eat 'correctly' and become enlightened.....
......But using diet as a means of obtaining or increasing 'spirituality' , I don't see the equation as working that way. It's of a bigger scope than what food controls . Just like everything else people do to be spiritual; any one thing isn't what does the trick . It's a bigger thing than all the little thinghs we do to try and get it and/or keep it .

Support it with good diet , yes. Attain it with diet ? ehhh not so much .
The point is that our bodies are the vehicle holding our spirit on this plane. Unless we maintain it well, we can expect our selves to flourish well in it. Diet is part of that.

If it's out of homeostasis, if you're tired a lot, feel dismal, suffer mood swings, the various body systems try to put it right but if they haven't been provided with the materials to do that, bluntly it won't work properly.

running
25-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Well for me I have found my body to run best off a high fat, medium protein diet. Plus I require considerable calories because of my metabolism and physical exercise. And I have a severe allergy towards bread/gluten.

Meat such as steak or pork. Mixed nuts and dark chocolate. Salad and fruit. Cottage cheese and regular plain yogurt. Not the light or nonfat but real yogurt as it was meant to be. Coffee and water to drink. Baked potatoes or some kind of potatoes and beans. And cheese. Chili peppers, eggs, and I'm sure there is more things.

God-Like
25-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Does the man in africa that eats only what he can get his hands on become less spiritual for eating only what he can get his hand on .

x daz x

running
25-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Does the man in africa that eats only what he can get his hands on become less spiritual for eating only what he can get his hand on .

x daz x

My guidance says eat what's available.

Swami Chihuahuananda
25-08-2014, 06:59 PM

x daz x

Oh no; in fact , aboriginal societies are the most spiritual of all, so we should all actually be eating grubs , insects , wild bird eggs, lizards , and such .
Maybe a stray cat or dog now and then , instead of factory meat :wink: .
This is where (a ways past, actually) the logic of eat-for-enlightenment unravels . Balance is wise , but food does not determine consciousness .

Miss Hepburn
25-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I can't comment on what foods aid our spiritual development, per se.

What is of help is, I know that when you meditate and refine your
''energies''...ie, tune into a higher way, a higher frequency, a spiritual all-
encompassing love that turns into bliss and huge insights...you
do not want to be bogged down with heavy dense food digesting and causing discomfort.
It is hard to beltch and f*rt your way to the higher realms.

It has been suggested by advanced meditater /yogis to eat light.
Eliminate the garlic, gr peppers, onions, even mushrooms, too spicey foods
that could cause burps and heartburn.
Then, the beans that cause gas.
They don't eat meat.
I, however, think some org meat eaten sparingly is fine.

The less your body spends it's energy digesting troublesome foods the better.

And, you all know alcohol and drugs mess you up...your aura, your energy, your clarity, even your resolve and personality.

When I ate macrobiotically...I must admit, I felt great...I seemed 'balanced".

running
26-08-2014, 12:27 AM
I can't comment on what foods aid our spiritual development, per se.

What is of help is, I know that when you meditate and refine your
''energies''...ie, tune into a higher way, a higher frequency, a spiritual all-
encompassing love that turns into bliss and huge insights...you
do not want to be bogged down with heavy dense food digesting and causing discomfort.
It is hard to beltch and f*rt your way to the higher realms.

It has been suggested by advanced meditater /yogis to eat light.
Eliminate the garlic, gr peppers, onions, even mushrooms, too spicey foods
that could cause burps and heartburn.
Then, the beans that cause gas.
They don't eat meat.
I, however, think some org meat eaten sparingly is fine.

The less your body spends it's energy digesting troublesome foods the better.

And, you all know alcohol and drugs mess you up...your aura, your energy, your clarity, even your resolve and personality.

When I ate macrobiotically...I must admit, I felt great...I seemed 'balanced".

I have heard that and could be true for some. But trying the vegetarian and or light thing made me into the dumps energetically.

Genetics has a big part of it I think. Again and again I meditate best on high fat and lots of steak. But I never feel bogged down and my digestion system is so quick I can pretty much go to the bathroom after eating. Lol. Its hereditary every one in my family is the same.

I suspect it may be a blood type thing. Being o negative but I can't say and only going by what others say.

Now the idea of all the light food comes primarily from India where meat is scarce and for many generations have been mainly vegetarian.

Also I think men and women are a little different to when it comes to dietary needs. But I'm only suspecting

silent whisper
26-08-2014, 12:38 AM
We are unique spiritual/human beings with a body that needs taking care of. Unique means unique eating habits suited to you for your unique self where you reside at any given time of your life.

I like what Robinski and dar shared...:)

innerlight
26-08-2014, 12:49 AM
My answer will be, the diet that works best for you. Trying to force yourself to adopt to a diet you think is the best, will not be conducive to ones spiritual development, and can hinder if not send one backwards upon their journey.

I will say that fresh, organic foods, that are more natural, regardless of what they are, would probably be the best for ones body, and a healthy body will travel to a healthy spirit. Find foods that work best for your body will be a good starting point. Healthy body. Healthy mind. Healthy mind. Healthy spirit.

Mystica
26-08-2014, 02:32 AM
I do not think it will matter much for spirituality. I do think it matters for being clear headed and more in touch with your body to only eat a plant based diet. This is because of the numerous hormones, steroids and chemicals in meat that will cloud the mind. The same goes from drinking and smoking. I do neither of these things anymore, and did not notice any difference for being spiritual. The only difference is that I feel far more stable in life, less moody en less cloudy in my thinking. When I went vegan, I did noticed a more peaceful state of mind. I do think the parts of the things we eat, will try to become part of us. In a kind of inductive way, at least spiritually.

God-Like
26-08-2014, 06:41 AM
My guidance says eat what's available.

Sound Logic running .

On another level we incarnate into an environment that reflects what one resonates with in relation to experience . If that means living in luxury then so be it . If that means having food one day and not the next, so be it .

We can only eat whats on the table .

x daz x

God-Like
26-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Oh no; in fact , aboriginal societies are the most spiritual of all, so we should all actually be eating grubs , insects , wild bird eggs, lizards , and such .
Maybe a stray cat or dog now and then , instead of factory meat :wink: .
This is where (a ways past, actually) the logic of eat-for-enlightenment unravels . Balance is wise , but food does not determine consciousness .

One or two lumps of insect in your tea dar :D

I think I'll skip breakfast ... :tongue:

looking at the lunch menu as I speak ...

erm ... nah .. gonna skip lunch too!! :D

x daz x

Wandering_Star
26-08-2014, 07:11 AM
There was once a very wise and clever sage who said to his followers, “Listen and understand! It is not what goes into your mouth that makes you unclean; rather, what comes out of it makes you unclean.”

I'm not a follower of the tradition he founded, but I think the dude had a pretty good point.

That said, we're spiritual beings occupying physical bodies, and taking good care of these vehicles can only help us as we do what we came here to do.

Not all vehicles are identical, however; they can all run on pretty much the same fuels, but to function at their best some will need different ratios, or to avoid specific fuels altogether.

Developing bodily consciousness, and cultivating awareness of what different fuels do for (or to) your body, will point you in the right direction.

There are plenty of people out there willing to tell you, "No, this is the only fuel you should be burning, if you're to do all this spiritual stuff right!" And for some of them, perhaps that really is the best fuel for their own vehicle. But it may be the wrong fuel--or at least an inadequate one--for yours.

My own vehicle runs very poorly on a strictly vegan diet, or one heavy on starches, or one full of processed foods. Wheat and soy are poisons to it. Meat and fat and lots of non-starchy veg are its preferred fuel sources. It took me years of paying close attention to how different foods made me feel, in body and in mind, to finally find the optimal diet for my particular vehicle. But once I found the right diet for me, I experienced better health, more energy, greater mental clarity and emotional stability, and I am far more effective now in carrying out my spiritual work here in the physical world.

That said, running and I should go grab a steak sometime, LOL.

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-08-2014, 08:36 AM
One or two lumps of insect in your tea dar :D

I think I'll skip breakfast ... :tongue:

looking at the lunch menu as I speak ...

erm ... nah .. gonna skip lunch too!! :D

x daz x

C'mon, man , I think I'll start a new cult and make lots of money selling bug tea for chakras and lizard soup for the third eye ; you could get in on the ground floor :wink: :D

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-08-2014, 08:51 AM
There was once a very wise and clever sage who said to his followers, “Listen and understand! It is not what goes into your mouth that makes you unclean; rather, what comes out of it makes you unclean.”

I'm not a follower of the tradition he founded, but I think the dude had a pretty good point.

That said, we're spiritual beings occupying physical bodies, and taking good care of these vehicles can only help us as we do what we came here to do.

Not all vehicles are identical, however; they can all run on pretty much the same fuels, but to function at their best some will need different ratios, or to avoid specific fuels altogether.

Developing bodily consciousness, and cultivating awareness of what different fuels do for (or to) your body, will point you in the right direction.

There are plenty of people out there willing to tell you, "No, this is the only fuel you should be burning, if you're to do all this spiritual stuff right!" And for some of them, perhaps that really is the best fuel for their own vehicle. But it may be the wrong fuel--or at least an inadequate one--for yours.

My own vehicle runs very poorly on a strictly vegan diet, or one heavy on starches, or one full of processed foods. Wheat and soy are poisons to it. Meat and fat and lots of non-starchy veg are its preferred fuel sources. It took me years of paying close attention to how different foods made me feel, in body and in mind, to finally find the optimal diet for my particular vehicle. But once I found the right diet for me, I experienced better health, more energy, greater mental clarity and emotional stability, and I am far more effective now in carrying out my spiritual work here in the physical world.

That said, running and I should go grab a steak sometime, LOL.

"the middle road" comes to mind .
Support and nourish the body according to it's needs . Guidelines , not strict rules , not for me. Rules and regulations can be like traps or false achievements . When you do something because "you're supposed to " you're saying that the rule is more powerful than Spirit , that Spirit couldn't overcome or trump any transgression of this law you had imposed . It's saying that you need this law to be spiritual , when spirtitual-ness is greater than any such law , and exists in and of itself regardless of laws or adherence to them . That being said, we return to middle-of-road-ness rather than indilge the extremes of appetite because we want the bodies to function well . So 'middle road' is my rule, but it's not strictly enforced :wink: Besides, I've done all the excess any one person needs to do in a lifetime , and then some ; my appetite for self-destruction is now limited to 'too much' salt :icon_eek: :wink:

God-Like
26-08-2014, 09:38 AM
C'mon, man , I think I'll start a new cult and make lots of money selling bug tea for chakras and lizard soup for the third eye ; you could get in on the ground floor :wink: :D

I work in the printing trade . I am designing our new menus .

Daz an Dars Cafe :D or Dar and Daz's Bistro .. :D

Do you rub the soup in your eye?? :icon_eek:

x daz x

silent whisper
26-08-2014, 09:45 AM

x daz x

double trouble..me finks...:tongue:

God-Like
26-08-2014, 09:49 AM
double trouble..me finks...:tongue:

Ah our first customer ..

Quick dar hide the cow dung pate ..

Err

How can I help you madam

What can I tempt you with . :D

x daz and dar x

silent whisper
26-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Ah our first customer ..

Quick dar hide the cow dung pate ..

Err

How can I help you madam

What can I tempt you with . :D

x daz and dar x

I WANT the cow dung plate!!!!

I hear it's good for a fast release...lol..

:tongue:

God-Like
26-08-2014, 10:43 AM
I WANT the cow dung plate!!!!

I hear it's good for a fast release...lol..

:tongue:

No problemo .. 1 plate of cow dung pate coming right up excuse the pun or coming right out, whichever is first .

Here you are sir, 1 pate with a cherry on top . At least I think it's a cherry :D

p.s.

No refunds .

x daz n dars x

silent whisper
26-08-2014, 11:12 AM
No problemo .. 1 plate of cow dung pate coming right up excuse the pun or coming right out, whichever is first .

Fresh is best...so I don't mind how fast it comes out.....:D

Here you are sir, 1 pate with a cherry on top . At least I think it's a cherry :D

I'm a miss if you don't mind miss.....:tongue:

p.s.

No refunds .

What about if I flash my third eye, you think I might get a refund then..haha
x daz n dars x

That daz n dars is making me giddy...lol..

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-08-2014, 11:18 AM

x daz x

Let's do it ; we can go on Shark Tank and wow Mark Cuban .
The soup is multi-leveled . Eyes go into the soup , and the soup can go in the eyes :wink: . I'ts also a Bull Durham, Carlos Castaneda , Zen kind of thing : see the lizard, be the lizard . Very primal, very marketable :D

We'll probably have to squelch the doggy/kitty angle, but we could use roadkill and call it 'Organic Free Range Small Game '

silent whisper
26-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Let's do it ; we can go on Shark Tank and wow Mark Cuban .
The soup is multi-leveled . Eyes go into the soup , and the soup can go in the eyes :wink: . I'ts also a Bull Durham, Carlos Castaneda , Zen kind of thing : see the lizard, be the lizard . Very primal, very marketable :D

We'll probably have to squelch the doggy/kitty angle, but we could use roadkill and call it 'Organic Free Range Small Game '

Oh boy I suddenly am starting to feel nauseous.

I think I will call in the food inspectors, I think your roadkill has gone off...:D

innerlight
26-08-2014, 12:27 PM
We can only eat whats on the table .

x daz x

You can also eat what's on the floor. However it may not be as clean as what is on the table. But, desperate times, can call for desperate things.

Uma
26-08-2014, 12:36 PM
diet can be a tool for spiritual development
but that's all it is, a tool
we can develop spiritually without right diet
on the other hand
the body is a sacred space for the soul to inhabit
so one would tend to want to keep it in the best working order

God-Like
26-08-2014, 01:28 PM

x daz an dars x

MOLA
26-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Thank you everyone for your inputs! I am genuinely happy to see so many different inputs from different people.

So I have decided to cut on junk food first. Then work my way. Today I have tried lemonade water and what I noticed was a very positive feeling (I felt very clear-minded).

I will work my way into a full organic diet so my body isn't 'shocked' of the sudden change.

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Thank you everyone for your inputs! I am genuinely happy to see so many different inputs from different people.

So I have decided to cut on junk food first. Then work my way. Today I have tried lemonade water and what I noticed was a very positive feeling (I felt very clear-minded).

I will work my way into a full organic diet so my body isn't 'shocked' of the sudden change.
Yopu can't get a 'shock' from going organic, unless the changes are about the types of food, and not the fact that they're organic as opposed no conventional . It's like taking poison (literally) and then quitting ; the only
possible changes are that you are taking in less poison, and your body will always like that.

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-08-2014, 06:55 PM

x daz an dars x

:D I see a Food Network show here... we could grow beards and dye our skin ... 'Appetite Adventures with the Astral Aboriginies' , or go modern mystic with 'Eat To Enlighten ' , or lowbrow chic with 'Yahoo Yogi Yum-Yums ' . This is gonna be big :wink:

MOLA
27-08-2014, 06:19 AM
Yopu can't get a 'shock' from going organic, unless the changes are about the types of food, and not the fact that they're organic as opposed no conventional . It's like taking poison (literally) and then quitting ; the only
possible changes are that you are taking in less poison, and your body will always like that.

Shock from eating organic foods? No. But shock from suddenly changing my diet to a full organic diet overnight? Yes.

That's what I meant. :D

God-Like
27-08-2014, 08:09 AM
:D I see a Food Network show here... we could grow beards and dye our skin ... 'Appetite Adventures with the Astral Aboriginies' , or go modern mystic with 'Eat To Enlighten ' , or lowbrow chic with 'Yahoo Yogi Yum-Yums ' . This is gonna be big :wink:

The worlds our oyster excuse the pun :D

Thanks for the larf partner .

x Dar x

I mean

X Daz x

Swami Chihuahuananda
27-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Shock from eating organic foods? No. But shock from suddenly changing my diet to a full organic diet overnight? Yes.

That's what I meant. :D
Now I don't know what you mean. If you eat the same foods , except that now they're organic , no shock.

If you eat a lot different foods and they're organic, maybe some shock; not from the new food being organic, but simply from being new foods.

That's what I meant :cool:

Swami Chihuahuananda
27-08-2014, 08:54 AM
The worlds our oyster excuse the pun :D

Thanks for the larf partner .

x Dar x

I mean

X Daz x

The X men ? :wink:
Are you 'avin' a larf ? :D

MysticalShaman
27-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Not just fruits and veggies but LIVING foods. Foods that have not been cooked. Go for a raw diet. If you do it right you can eat as much as you want and you won't dramatically alter your appearance. I was unhealthily skinny on a vegan diet and I gained weight on a raw diet. Not much, just a healthier weight, but the weight I gained just made me more healthy looking - it wasn't like the weight you gain when you eat 12 mcburger a day and you just pile on fat and flab, I just filled out my already slender physique. I am still slender, just slender but bigger frame if that makes sense?

Also living foods contain natural enzymes that aid the bodies digestion. You see, when you eat cooked foods you've killed out all the enzymes from the foods and although it may be easier to digest because you've broken down the outer cell walls in the food via cooking, your body still has to now borrow enzymes from other places in the body to aid digestion and further breaking down of the food. This results in feeling tired after a meal, looking tired, looking like you've smoked a whole pack of ciggs, little energy and general "meh" feeling and appearance all over or lathergy. Not to mention you've just ingested a bunch of dead things, so no spiritual benefit whatsoever.

When you eat raw, ( the right way; as in don't just eat dried fruit and nuts and all the fatty oils and dress salads with fat and fruits with highly processed syrups ) eat plently of lean greens, juices, variety of fruit and vegtables ( and always soak nuts before eating ), you retain those enzymes and they aid your body's natural digestion. You skin looks amazing, you are full of vibrance ( key here where you see vibrant colours in food THAT'S what you should be eating to become that, when you cook foods they lose their vibrancy ). You do not feel tired after a big meal, or uncomfortable. You feel lighter. And that's the key to spiritual foods.

It also means less distraction when meditating, as you do not feel the need to eat again or feel digestion problems.

FOr me that's how I've benefitted and I've been raw vegan for 1+ year :)

002 Cents
27-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Healthy foods are great for so many things. Recently I started a health kick in my home. Cutting out so much over processed foods. Replacing things like chips with popcorn and fruit snacks with fresh fruit. Not sure what I am replacing with the peanuts but generally it seemed like a good idea. Also been putting hard boiled eggs into lunches and whole wheat crackers with REAL cheese. Steamed a bunch of beets the other day so I would have them available for snacking. Been eating a lot of fruit and yogurt parfaits.

Basically I feel amazing, being female I occasionally struggle with my complexion but at the moment (when it should be at it's worst) I find all my blemishes have cleared up. Have more energy. The only way I see this really impacting me spiritually though will be through improved focus.

The things you want to really stay away from for spiritual development are things that will contaminate your vessel. Alcohol, Drugs, Caffeine, Tobacco, MSG... For spiritual growth, it is best to be in your clearest frame of mind and body. Certainly there are enough additives in foods too that having a more natural diet would help. But as to how much I really can not say.

Lisbet
27-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Don't have much time to read the whole thread right now, but here's my two cents:

You eat what feels right to you! Everyone has such a different body type, different sensitivities etc. of course cutting out junk and processed food and going organic is healthy for everyone no matter what ;) but when it comes to what to eat and what not to eat it is so individual!

I just began working with a holistic nutritionist. I'm on an elimination diet, because I know I have food sensitivities, but I need to find out what they are. So I am essentially detoxing (but not like fasting or anything) then reintroducing foods to see if I have a reaction. From there I will know what my body is telling me, what's good to eat and what is not for ME.

I am also naturally thin and I stopped eating all refined sugars and all grains. I did lose ten pounds in two weeks of doing this, but I didn't go underweight or anything like that. I really think I just shed bloating and water weight to be honest.

Personally I am beginning to suspect I am sensitive to FODMAPS. But I will be working with my nutritionist to find that out. Not everyone is. We are all different. And even within that category I am likely more sensitive to some foods than others.

Well just the junk food alone out of my system is giving me an energy boost. Basically anything weighing your cells down is going to affect your body, brain, and spiritual/energy body. They are all connected. I still eat tons of meat. And high fat foods make me personally feel great and thrive. Protein, fat, and raw vegetables are my medicine, but I think that with every body type there are variations that will make each individual thrive. The best is to find a nutritionist, give a list of your health symptoms and your goals, and they will have tons of experience and wisdom to give you as well as walk you through the best solutions for you. There is a lot of trial and error, but it's worth it.

painter_lady
27-08-2014, 06:23 PM

I agree with Robbie here, I cannot see how any diet can make a difference to anyones development. just my view....

Lisbet
27-08-2014, 07:43 PM
I agree with Robbie here, I cannot see how any diet can make a difference to anyones development. just my view....

Well, if your diet is wreaking havoc on your body, then it will produce all kinds of physical, mental, and emotional blocks and barriers. It will bring you down, make you sick, cause disease long term. It will affect every part of you.

Just my experience...

;)

running
27-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Well, if your diet is wreaking havoc on your body, then it will produce all kinds of physical, mental, and emotional blocks and barriers. It will bring you down, make you sick, cause disease long term. It will affect every part of you.

Just my experience...

;)

My lower chakras were all jacked up from a gluten allergy. Once I got the bread out of my diet I sky rocketed.

God-Like
28-08-2014, 08:29 AM
You can also eat what's on the floor. However it may not be as clean as what is on the table. But, desperate times, can call for desperate things.

Sorry innerlight I missed this . :redface:

I agree . My step brother once told me when he was homeless (to which I never knew) that when he was living out of his car he would roam the streets for food . He even dug up with his bare hands one night raw potatoes from some old guys allotment .

One can quite literally eat what they can get their hands on .

In regards to eating certain foods and one's spirituality well in my bro's case in some respect the whole experience done him some good . It wouldn't of mattered if he found a half eaten kebab on the floor or an organic lettuce, for he would of eaten anything .

He should of come to daz n dars . :D

x daz x

Swami Chihuahuananda
28-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Sorry innerlight I missed this . :redface:

I agree . My step brother once told me when he was homeless (to which I never knew) that when he was living out of his car he would roam the streets for food . He even dug up with his bare hands one night raw potatoes from some old guys allotment .

One can quite literally eat what they can get their hands on .

In regards to eating certain foods and one's spirituality well in my bro's case in some respect the whole experience done him some good . It wouldn't of mattered if he found a half eaten kebab on the floor or an organic lettuce, for he would of eaten anything .

He should of come to daz n dars . :D

x daz x

The final business plan is almost ready for submission. We only need to work out the contract with running for the procurement of the free range game . The Trucker's Union is fussy about the details of roadkill collection and processing :wink:

I've also been inventing a windshield-wiper-bug -collection device for trucks ! :wink:

Robinski78
28-08-2014, 03:51 PM
To be honest, I've never experienced a fall-off in my Spiritual aptitude or way of life because of illness and I've had a few problems since I started to climb the ladder of enlightenment...

A Spiritual way of life, is not something that stops and starts, although to some degree, it will wax and wane and at times when ill health prevails to any great extent, it might bend in the winds of change... But it still holds its own in a formidable manner...

Come rain or shine, my Spirituality can stand up against anything life can throw at it, emerging with a smile on its face the other side of the darkest storm clouds imaginable...

That might be something to do with: 'Mind over Matter'!!!!

FruitLoop
28-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't think your diet affects spirituality as such, but more spiritual people do tend to eat well :smile: I think a "spiritual diet" is dictated by what best suits your own body, intuitive eating to a degree. I think this is enhanced with spiritual development, you seem to know more what your body needs, rather than what your taste buds want.

Arcturus
28-08-2014, 09:25 PM
only read op so excuse any repeats. Oganic is first base, of course, and will definitely affect your spiritual power. bio-dynamic food is the best at present i believe. similar to organic but more so. steiner had a great quote about food that i can't find,,,along the lines that currently the food we eat does not contain the power to develop spiritually..

firstly organic. then id recommend the "Hay diet" (google it)...which is food combining and works very well. low g.i. which is basically no added sugar. avoid fads like juicing and raw...both of which chinese medicine says weakens the spleen/pancreas meridian. if you're not strong and healthy you need organic meat. don't allow your emotions and mind decide,,,let your body do that and in the meantime stregthen yourself so you can go vegetarian. don't force mental opinions and ideas on your body. eat 3 frugal meals a day (just under what you feel you "need")

good foods (all organic!!)

Yams...preferably the long ones (contain the perfect light energy for the new era---potatoes got us here but should now be eaten less...twice a week tops)

Sweet potatoes (these are DIFFERENT to yams)

Amaranth grain, quinoa, rice and maybe corn are the best grains...avoid gluten or eat very little.

seasonly if you're well. locally if possible though organic from china is better that stuff grown in industrial and human waste just round the corner.

veggies...fennel is a very spiritual vegetable...boil it. courgettes are very soothing. lamb liver is the best meat though no more than every other day.

if you're healthy'ish try sprouting lentils, fenugreek (excellent blood, kidney and lymph tonic), mung beans etc no more than a handfull a day. eat6 little or no fermented foods and what you do eat should have been fermented in a low oxygen environment using co2 bubblers etc, so as to make no excessives lactic acids and histamines.

dairy should come from organic and horned cattle only and eaten in moderation. tai chi will heal your digestion so you can thrive on less dense food. don't eat light food if you don't have a good physical ground, you'll get worse and thats cruelty to the animal that is your body. stay away from fads, eat more cooked food in winter (folk actually eat raw food in winter),,,as long as you don't over eat you'll have enzymes to spare.

Lisbet
28-08-2014, 10:09 PM
My lower chakras were all jacked up from a gluten allergy. Once I got the bread out of my diet I sky rocketed.

Great to hear. Just curious--was this instantaneous for you, or was there an adjustment period you went through off the gluten before you felt good?