PDA

View Full Version : Isis Seated: Meditation Statue with Crystals

Tsuga
23-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Hello,

As part of a meditation course I was asked to select or make a statue. I will always prefer to make if possible. So at first I practiced with used guitar strings, and wire, and plasticine.

I then had the idea to incorporate chakra crystals into the statue. This made the design a little more complex as the crystals would need some space within the framework to allow them freedom to vibrate as they do.

The frame took on a new shape.
Today I discovered (Leopard Skin Jasper) Rhyolite. And I'm very happy with the fact that the tumbled stones fit the frame almost perfectly. This tells me I'm on the track and must be doing something right.
The first four chakra stones will now be just the Rhyolite. I haven't yet decided what crystals will make the throat, brow, and crown. An idea of the crown being a stone disc like stripped tourmaline may work well.

http://s12.postimg.org/3rd2tic65/images.jpg
A picture of how
the statue might look
when finished.

The work in progress, to date.
Here's a picture of the first section
of the wire frame.

http://s7.postimg.org/yr5qes23v/Wire_Frame.jpg

Any comments, ideas, or even rotten tomatoes, please do tell.
If it will help with the success of the project then this post will
have been worth while.

thanks

t.

Adrienne
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM
hello thistle, sounds like a very interesting project ! Very creative how you are planning to include the crystals in the statue, extra energy there I am sure for your meditations ! And the fact that the stones just fit the spaces, does indeed sound like you are going in the right direction with this .

I wouldn't have had a clue how to make something like that.

thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on your progress ! I would enjoy seeing your creativity in action :smile:

Adrienne

Gracey
23-08-2014, 04:55 PM
sounds like the perfect way to spend you time. :)

Tsuga
23-08-2014, 06:32 PM
sounds like the perfect way to spend you time. :)

Sure does, Gracey. As you know, artwork is meditation.

http://s11.postimg.org/69ocetveb/frame_and_stones.jpg

@ Adrienne
I wouldn't have had a clue how to make something like that.
I'm sure you could, if you were driven. Invention is the mother of necessity!

Here's another picture showing the stones fitted to the frame. I think I might buy a few more and select which fits best instead of bending the frame to accommodate the stones.
I put the original frame in the picture to illustrate how things change to meet one's needs. The stones would've had to have been tiny to fit the first wire frame.

t.

Adrienne
24-08-2014, 08:14 PM
oh quite a difference in the wire frames, especially when you put them next to one another !

just a thought, you could take the wire frame to the crystal shop and then check out the sizes before you buy ?

Tsuga
24-08-2014, 09:06 PM
just a thought, you could take the wire frame to the crystal shop and then check out the sizes before you buy ?

...that's just what I did. And she advised me on what I could use for the throat, which of course is narrower than the torso and the Rhyolite stones would be too bulky. The stone she mentioned is thin and blue coloured, and I can't remember the name of it.
She also told me she had been to a crystal craft fair in Bristol and will have lots of really good stuff on the stall next week. I'll buy the throat stone then.

t.

Adrienne
24-08-2014, 09:08 PM
great minds think alike :wink:

Excitement and anticipation to see what new stones she brings back for you to choose from !

Spiritualist74
26-08-2014, 03:57 PM
can I take the meditation course too? ( just joking ) I commend you ,it takes a lot of patience, planning to make a statue.

your design is good.
your frame looks good. clay is my medium I have worked with in the past in sculpting. I have made chicken wire frames and molded clay to it. this frame you are making is a lot more complex than what I used to make.
I would consider the weight of the piece before and after the stones are added to the statue. it looks like you`re well on your way. I`ll keep watching this thread to see your progress.

I had a friend who used to make statues and he would first make a model from clay, then when happy with that he would make a mold with plaster ( submerging the clay in the plaster and leaving it to dry to extract it carefully later.

I like papier mache for sculpting too.

Tsuga
28-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your comments, Spiritualist74,

I've had to rethink the whole idea. I've decided I don't want to encase crystals in clay. I just don't like that the crystals will never been seen again. And besides, as much as I liked the idea of a transmitter/receiver disc on the head of the statue, I'm now thinking that it is a bit too weird and creepy even for me.
Assuming it had worked, (as a kinda Wilhelm Reich-type-invention), I really don't think I want to receive and hear voices during meditation.

The weight of the statue has never worried me. As a matter of fact, there may not be a great deal of clay at all. I found some pieces of doweling left over from a door curtain that should be great for the curvature of arms and legs. Then the wire frame will be padded out using kitchen tin foil.
The seat will also be made from light materials like some polystyrene, cardboard, brown wrapping paper, and maybe more tin foil.
The seat will also provide a cavity in which to place a crystal.
A crown chakra stone will suit me down to the ground.

I'll post pictures over the weekend. :smile:

thanks

t.

Adrienne
28-08-2014, 11:04 PM
I've had to rethink the whole idea. I've decided I don't want to encase crystals in clay. I just don't like that the crystals will never been seen again. And besides, as much as I liked the idea of a transmitter/receiver disc on the head of the statue, I'm now thinking that it is a bit too weird and creepy even for me.
Assuming it had worked, (as a kinda Wilhelm Reich-type-invention), I really don't think I want to receive and hear voices during meditation.

hi thistle,

I must have totally missed the part where you said you would be enclosing the crystals in clay ! I was looking at the pictures posted and for some reason I was thinking the crystals would be visible, just wrapped with the wire. I would agree with you, on not wanting them to be encased in the clay.

there is no guarantee that you won't still receive or hear voices during meditation :icon_eek: :wink:

it wouldn't be all that bad, might even be interesting :D

Spiritualist74
29-08-2014, 02:54 PM
I just had a thought of resin . I had another friend who would make resin covered roses . they would then be preserved.

I had a thought the other day about using copper wire ( condusive to energy
always thinking I am lol

Tsuga
29-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Managed some work on the model today. Underestimated how much foil I would need. :icon_eek: What you see in the right-hand photo is a whole packet of kitchen foil (450mm X 2m) Will need to buy more tomorrow.

http://s17.postimg.org/7vvtsufv3/isismodel_2.jpg

there is no guarantee that you won't still receive or hear voices during meditation

it wouldn't be all that bad, might even be interesting

She says, hi! :D

t.

Adrienne
29-08-2014, 10:24 PM
and " hi " to her ! :D

your work in progress is coming along very nicely , looking good ! :smile:

revmac
30-08-2014, 05:48 AM
i like this project. did you meditate for guidance on it?

are you energy sensitive enough to know if it's working? first, whats the purpose of the statue (other than for a class)? and then what has been your intended purpose for the statue as you have been building it? which may or may not be the same if you have not thought about it.

if the strings were 'used' they will have memories of all the energies that ever went through them. a great bonus.

Tsuga
30-08-2014, 08:48 PM
i like this project. did you meditate for guidance on it?

are you energy sensitive enough to know if it's working? first, whats the purpose of the statue (other than for a class)? and then what has been your intended purpose for the statue as you have been building it? which may or may not be the same if you have not thought about it.

if the strings were 'used' they will have memories of all the energies that ever went through them. a great bonus.

Hi revmac, and thank's for your input.

I'm finding it too difficult to answer your questions concisely. There is so much to tell and so much you may find of little interest.

Firstly, I'm not part of a class. The course work I'm doing is from a book of a correspondence course. The book recommended I first work with the meditation studies for about 2 yrs. So far, I have only been able to do 1 year's work. Funnily enough, this occurred at the end of the book's part I, and the beginning of the book's part II.

While working on the statue I have used some meditation for guidance. I had picked up a very strong resonance with the Rhyolite positioned in the wire frame. I decided not to go ahead with the original design. As I said in a previous post it felt too weird and creepy. It was also a very complicated design that I might return to at a later time.
To be sure, this is my first time using clay. It still may or may not be a total disaster.

The purpose of the statue is so I can return to the point of the course where I had left off. It was while practicing with guitar strings and plasticene that I suddenly hit a brick wall in my meditation studies. It felt as if I was beginning to worship myself. If you know the mythology behind the Djed pillar you might understand what I mean.
Almost a year later, and with talking to members of this forum, I see how my wires were crossed and now know how to proceed.

The statue is a meditation aid which will help me to follow the author's intentions for the second part of the course work. I would say more on this, but not at this time.

cheers

t.

Tsuga
01-09-2014, 01:20 PM
http://s7.postimg.org/5zgu1winf/theseat.jpg

__________________________________________________ ___________

Spiritualist74
02-09-2014, 02:47 PM
this is coming along nicely. good work

Adrienne
08-09-2014, 12:59 AM
The statue is a meditation aid which will help me to follow the author's intentions for the second part of the course work.

curious thistle .... why would you not be following your intentions instead of the authors ? Isn't the meditation for you ?

Tsuga
08-09-2014, 11:28 AM
curious thistle .... why would you not be following your intentions instead of the authors ? Isn't the meditation for you ?

I feel that following the author's intentions are paramount.

After completing Part I of the book, which took approximately 1 year, I found to my surprise that a major change had occurred in my mental health.

I was diagnosed with manic depression 30+ years ago, This has been something I have had to cope with over the years. At the moment, I have gone through the longest spell of mental health I can recall. I may even go as far as saying I am cured, but I won't.

I have also stopped smoking, which I can honestly attribute to the work done with the book.
Which leaves me wondering that if I were to start smoking again would I bring on the return of my metal illness ? But more importantly, if all this has came out of Part I of the book, what could then be achieved in Part II ?

So I guess the answer to your question is simply, yes !

t.

Adrienne
08-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Sounds like quite a book thistle ! Congratulations to you ! :hug2: and thanks for your reply.

.............don't even think about starting smoking again :nono: no benefits to doing so at all !

Adrienne