PDA

View Full Version : Help with interpreting Tarot

sraley2
22-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I have recently had a new person come into my life who is very intriguing. We spend a lot of time together playing music and just generally having a great time. I am cautious about it because I've been very 'foolish' in the past with relationships. So, I'm torn about what to think or how to feel. When we first met, and I considered him only friend material, I did a quick three card past, present future spread that came out like this:

The lovers, The Empress, Temperance

This week, after a lot more feelings have developed, I decided to throw a few more cards down and see what happened. This three card spread is for relationships specifically, and goes
1. Me 2. The dynamic between the two of us 3. Him

I got
The fool, Two of Cups, The Star

The first reading I initially interpreted 'The lovers' as the love that I had in the recent past which was more physical and with a (different) friend. But then I also thought that the first card didn't necessarily have to be a past love and could be showing a present feeling.
I interpreted 'The empress' as how creative our relationship is and how much happiness it's been bringing into my life. (Musically in particular but also closeness and love for him.)
I interpreted Temperance as a need for balance in this situation as our relationship evolves.

The second reading feels a lot different and I'm not sure if I influenced what came out with my own emotions, because I think I'm falling in love with him.

The fool made sense because I tend to be very trusting of people and borderline naive about love- but also I have lived a life that is very free spirited and haven't had much of a home base ever. Also, this is a new relationship so the 'new beginnings' aspect of the card makes sense.

The two of cups seems clear. The dynamic between us is one of love and a committed relationship. I don't know how he feels, though. So- I'm wondering if this is just me projecting what I wish for?

I read somewhere that the star in the position of the person I am asking about means that he considers me an 'ideal mate'. Of course I want to believe that, but again- I'm pretty clouded by how I'm feeling.

Can anyone give me a fresh perspective on this? I would be happy to hear any ideas you've got!

Thanks,
sraley

Xiomara
22-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi Sraley,
My gut feeling here is about the Fool,seems to me that it indicates a Beginner,and the Star is like a blessing of the relationship,yet its important how do you feel whwn you are together.

sraley2
22-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi Sraley,
My gut feeling here is about the Fool,seems to me that it indicates a Beginner,and the Star is like a blessing of the relationship,yet its important how do you feel whwn you are together.

We're always laughing and we blend so well musically- not to mention that we just have very similar perspectives on the world in general, so it feels really good to be around him. I feel pretty sure that the fool is me, because I tend to see only the good in people and situations. It's like I choose to be naive. Or as I like to call it "stubbornly optimistic". I'm just not sure whether the cards are saying that I am fooling myself or whether I need to come down and get realistic about the situation.

Xiomara
22-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Well like attracts like,the Fool maybe represent yourself here,but he also is a great adventeror,and the Star is a positive sign.But then,why dont you cast Runes,or throw another spread.I often use different divination tools when im not sure about the meaning.

sraley2
22-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Well like attracts like,the Fool maybe represent yourself here,but he also is a great adventeror,and the Star is a positive sign.But then,why dont you cast Runes,or throw another spread.I often use different divination tools when im not sure about the meaning.

I feel like doing multiple spreads only clouds the situation. And I'm not really sure about the adventurer in him. Not so much, I think. To be honest, I'm thinking more and more what both spreads are telling me is that I need to stop daydreaming about it. Probably my own feelings influenced the way the cards came out a lot more than I know.

Xiomara
22-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Let your inner feelings lead you,one way or another time will tell.

sraley2
22-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Thanks for your input! Let me know if you ever want mine, I'm always down to throw in on a tarot spread!

Xiomara
22-08-2014, 08:44 PM
You are welcome ,and thank you!