PDA

View Full Version : Throat Chakra blockage

WADA
03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I've been meditating on my chakras for the past six months or so. I'd say in the last month or so whenever I'm meditating on my heart chakra I start to feel a lump in my throat. My instinct is to either want to swallow it or to bring it up. It continues when I meditate on my throat chakra and stays through the sixth and seventh and for some time after I've meditated. I'm not aware of it whilst I meditate on the first three chakras. Does anyone know why this might be, what might be the cause of it and what to do about it?

Thanks

in progress
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Throat chakra block. I've felt the same thing in the past. I haven't felt it in quite awhile and don't recall addressing it specifically. I think continued meditation will help clear it and using your voice.

Sing, hum, talk to friends and pets, read your own poetry aloud, speak your truth etc. If you are aware of situations where you hesitate to speak, look a little more deeply and ask yourself why.

WADA
03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks inprogress. I'm in the middle of a break up with my partner. He returns on a Friday having been away all week. I tend to get anxious from Thursday onwards and I notice that I tend to keep things to myself and not say a lot when he is around - could be something in it couldn't it?

Just out of curiosity though could it have anything to do with kundalini rising? I've only been meditating for the past 10 months so I doubt it would happen so quickly but would I be off the mark, especially with the feeling I have of wanting to pull it up or stuff it down? I've not noticed anything in any of my lower chakras mind you.

Thanks

in progress
03-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't know if it's kundalini related but I think it's a good sign in general. Meditating is helping you feel these things.

Some people seem to have a kundalini awakening happen w/o warning, others get plenty of warning. And yes, it could happen after ten months of meditation. I'd been meditating for 5-6 months before it happened.

There is a top down energy some people call descent of grace or top down kundalini. I felt this after about three months of meditation. Follow your intuition. If you feel like doing something w/ the energy then do it. If it doesn't feel right then stop.

I think a white light visualization is great for meditation. I think this is what got the kundalini thing rolling for me. It's the one where you picture white light pouring into your crown, filling your body, then exiting your feet into the earth.

WADA
03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks inprogress. It's interesting that you mention white light visualisation. What I'm doing at the moment is breathing in white light into my spine and then breathing this into each chakra. If I think about it carefully, my throat chakra has always been an issue. As a child I suffered from recurrent tonsillitis about once a month for years. I grew up in a dysfunctional household where I became an adapted child rather than one who was free to be who I was. Somewhere I learned to bottle up my feelings and I think this is why I had such terrible tonsillitis. It's funny how it all starts to make sense years later! My current home situation is unlikely to change next year so I need to see what I can do in the interim to make things a little easier. One of my sister's passed away on Xmas eve last year so I'm just going with the flow at the moment as I have enough to deal with. Hopefully next year will bring some changes, if only mentally, and perhaps this blockage will go.

star-child
03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Hello, I also feel I may have a Throat Chakra Blockage. I feel dense energy there and sometimes a lump. I don't get any physical symptoms but I feel the blockage may be from bottling up my feelings like you mentioned. Actually come to think of it, some physical symptoms that suddenly developed were stuttering and getting my words all mixed up, I'm not sure if these are symptoms of a blocked throat chakra though.

I tried to find some good webpages on clearing throat blockages but there wasn't much so I found this on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIem2IVhq2I I hope it helps and I will be watching this thread!

Star-Child :smile:

Spirit Guide Sparrow
03-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I've been meditating on my chakras for the past six months or so. I'd say in the last month or so whenever I'm meditating on my heart chakra I start to feel a lump in my throat. My instinct is to either want to swallow it or to bring it up. It continues when I meditate on my throat chakra and stays through the sixth and seventh and for some time after I've meditated. I'm not aware of it whilst I meditate on the first three chakras. Does anyone know why this might be, what might be the cause of it and what to do about it?

Thanks
If I may.

Because you have in years past receded from your inherent right to express yourself, as you truly were, a voice that was left unspoken and unheard, you have thus developed an issue in present time. A door of communication and natural expression has been suppressed and pushed shut. Seek to open the door with a combination of energy work and physical action. Vocalize yourself, to yourself if not to another, loud and clear from the depth of your lungs. Practice producing different vocal sounds which create a variety of vibrations in your throat area. Seek to express yourself through creative works, writings, drawings, designing, music and so forth. Focus on routes of communication of your emotional and mental state, which begin to restructure your energy configuration in this region. Communicate with colour, sound and feeling.
-Sparrow

Geromos
17-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I had mixes of words and stuttering at one point, they have subsided now. The reason that seems so is that I now use a more agressive side to myself as i never defended myself or spoke up as much as i should. Don't get me wrong, im not a violent person, I just have alot of people around me who are stuck in many ways that I am not, they seem to feel the need to belittle and misplace there self douths onto others. A show of mental strenght puts them back into place. Also i sing, chant and hum at random, some would say rubbish, but it is needed to embrace my own disfunction to make function.