PDA

View Full Version : the wheel - waite's deck

green
03-12-2010, 07:58 AM
i have a question about the symbols on this card.

i was looking and as far as i found i got only half answers.
inside the wheel there are 4 signs, not the letters but the graphic signs.
there are few interpretations: that they stand for the 4 directions.
or that they stand for something from alchemy nature?? any ideas on that one?

thanks

G

eraser
03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
According to Skye Alexander, author of The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need, they may also correspond to the bull, the lion, the eagle and the man - symbols of the fixed signs of the Zodiac - Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius.

green
03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
thanks Eraser... just to see if i understood you, you mean that the inner symbols, those inside the wheel correspond to the 4 beings at the 4 corners of the card?
can you tell which is which or which matches which?

thanks for your answer
G

eraser
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood. No, she was referring to the four corners of the card, to the creatures holding the books, not to any inner-wheel symbolism. She notes however, that the word "ROTA" which is spelled out in the outer ring of the wheel, stands for "Royal Road of the Tarot." But she makes no mention of the other, interior symbols.

green
03-12-2010, 09:17 PM
thanks eraser anyway.
but i do look for the meaning of the inner wheel symbols. they must have some kind of a meaning, and all i find is pieces of answers....

G

Lynn
04-12-2010, 12:17 AM
i have a question about the symbols on this card.

i was looking and as far as i found i got only half answers.
inside the wheel there are 4 signs, not the letters but the graphic signs.
there are few interpretations: that they stand for the 4 directions.
or that they stand for something from alchemy nature?? any ideas on that one?

thanks

G

Hello

I do not use the physical deck. I have Tarot flash to me . From there I FEEL what the message is to be. A reader friend told me to sit one day and just let te deck I see flow in an see if I could write down what I got for each card.

So this is the way the Wheel came into me. How I feel it reads and how in a reading I would use it. Too I am told its pretty much accurate and that the readings I give are accurate and good.

The Wheel - (of Fourtune)

The foucus is on unexpected developements that change your plans oralter your course. Confilts of interest or an idea ready to manifest. Circumatances that will not be under one's control. Getting ready for a new way of life. The chaos that comes forth is really the start of someting much better. The time is not right to be too ridget with one's plans. Letting things flow will bring in good fortune. Events unfold in a way that it will be impossible to miss and there is a hand of fate in ye's affiars. A fresh start will wok out in ye's favor.

I feel its a moral card. Its a motion card that spins in a way rising at times someone up and at times someone down. Needs to be put into context with other cards most times for clairity. Unless I see it in a YES or NO quesion posed.

Lynn

green
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
thank you very much lynn for your words and insights about the wheel.
your interpretation of the card is deep and meaningful and i agree with it.

as for my question, it is specific for the waite's card, there are symbols and signs there that i do what to know about.

G

Lynn
05-12-2010, 05:44 PM
thank you very much lynn for your words and insights about the wheel.
your interpretation of the card is deep and meaningful and i agree with it.

as for my question, it is specific for the waite's card, there are symbols and signs there that i do what to know about.

G

Hello Green

That is the Deck that I see visually. How I came to get the meaning is fully from the image. I am told I have past life knowlede that flows in from using them. I guess that makes sense.

When I have readings done for me its what ever deck she feels is best for me. I have really never noted what they look like. I know the reader I use has so many decks.

If there is another cared I will be happy to put something forth. I too understand there is a meaning if they show upside down. I have been told by me Guide that is not the information that I need so I go with that.

Lynn

Uhmar
26-01-2011, 06:20 PM
around the wheel at the four spokes are the letters letters T-A-R-O or R-O-T-A, the Latin word for wheel. The letters on the wheel were intended by Waite to mean "Rota Taro Orat Tora Ator," which translates loosely to.. "The Wheel of Taro {Tarot} speaks the Law of Ator {Hathor}, or Love].

the other four markings are alchemical symbols representing the four elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water

the very center of the wheel has Discs, Swords, Wands and Cups

the God Anubis is rising on the bottom
and the snake is descending
the Sphinx rides the top of the wheel

the corners represent the four Evangelists ...The Lion, the Ox, the Man and the Eagle also known as the four fixed zodiac signs or the four corners of the unvierse .. Leo Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio...some refer to them as the Hightowers as well or the four Beasts

hope this helps you

Lynn
26-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Hello

If I am to focus on the "visaul image" of the card and go on feelings from it.
What I get is a parting of dark skies. Books of both knowege and power but too of possitives and negatives. Wheel very much in motion with arrow feeling to point to forward motions but not upwards motions. More a point of balance.

The snake gives a feeling of creative power and immortality.

Winged figures showing the freedoms one has to just be free. What they be is not clear to me in image. Feels more they are background in te meanings ,
too there are other figures two again not clear on what and again feels of background. Decoration almost as the FOCUS I get is a wheel in motion.

Like I said all with me is visual I do not have a deck of them, nor would I know what be the "traditional look" of a deck if I was to see one. I just know that be the deck I see, but I would assume there are many a version out there.

I do have a deck I got. The Halloween Tarot, based on Waite but I do no use them much more like the images.

Lynn

Uhmar
26-01-2011, 08:37 PM
He was asking for the symbols on the wheel on the card meanings..

not how a person interprets these symbols.

at least that is how I interpreted his question.

either way it is all interpretions for the same card

Uhmar
27-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Green I told you part of the symbols wrong...I looked at it wrong sorry

here is the amended correction per our Pm discussion lol

Tarot letters part is correct

the other four markings at spokes are Hebrew letters
for GOD's name

the center is the alchemy

symbols of mercury, sulphur, water and salt,

north/top is mercury
east mark is sulphur
south mark is water
west mark is salt

X stands for the number ten(10) I think lol

green
27-01-2011, 05:10 PM
thank you Umbar

this is what i was looking for.. the alchemy stuff.

G