PDA

View Full Version : How much can you find out with out getting permission?

Moon Willow
03-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Ok, having trouble putting this into words so apologise if it doesn't make sense!

So, I am just learning how to do intuitive/psychic work and never consciously look into anything without getting permission from the sitter first.

The thing is, that someone might just walk past me and I'll know what's going on, or someone will have a question about a situation and I'll pick up straight away what is going on with the other person and why they are acting like they are. Or if they come close to me (or if someone mentions a person) I can feel where they might have issues or what is going on with their energy bodies...I don't even mean to, it just happens.:icon_eek:

I don't purposely do this but just wondering at what point does it become an invasion of privacy. I don't want to cross any lines but then if this information is just there than is there a certain amount of natural intuition that is ok. (I guess it's the same thing as the feeling you get when you first meet a new person).

Your thoughts and guidance would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Moony :hug:

Shabda
03-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Ok, having trouble putting this into words so apologise if it doesn't make sense!

So, I am just learning how to do intuitive/psychic work and never consciously look into anything without getting permission from the sitter first.

The thing is, that someone might just walk past me and I'll know what's going on, or someone will have a question about a situation and I'll pick up straight away what is going on with the other person and why they are acting like they are. Or if they come close to me (or if someone mentions a person) I can feel where they might have issues or what is going on with their energy bodies...I don't even mean to, it just happens.:icon_eek:

I don't purposely do this but just wondering at what point does it become an invasion of privacy. I don't want to cross any lines but then if this information is just there than is there a certain amount of natural intuition that is ok. (I guess it's the same thing as the feeling you get when you first meet a new person).

Your thoughts and guidance would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Moony :hug:
either just ask, or dont report, its simple, except that the responsibility lies with you, since you are trying to intuit information...it's not so bad, except when you get info you ARENT looking for, then you'd have to block it...

Silver
03-12-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm sure plenty of people have fantastic intuition and ability to analytically track. The thing is, if it is happening spontaneously with you, I think you can rest easy by reminding yourself that you ARE a responsible caring person and that you would never abuse this privilege/talent and in return would more than likely be perhaps a subconscious message to the others that they may sense something although they don't know what, iykwim~~~

earthprowler
03-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about and at first it's a little hard to control it. You have to practice on reigning it in on happening spontaneously and learn how to do it only when you do have their permission. If you just go up willy nilly, it's the same as invasion of privacy and they may not want the message you have to give them.

inspirit
03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
I think it should be treated the same as if you're walking down the street and happen past an open bedroom window. You might accidentally catch glimpses of things that were not meant to be seen but as long as you're not hanging out there eavesdropping you are not doing any wrong. And what you think you see might not be what is really going on at all so don't jump to conclusions.

mac
03-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I've sent a pm about this, Moon Willow.

Moon Willow
03-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your views on this, and thanks for the PM mac - you fullas' are awesome! :hug2:

This got me thinking even more (I know...ouch), I listen to alot of spiritual radio shows where people ring up the psychic/intuitive/medium person and they may ask if the guy they met at the party likes them? Or my husband has been acting strange - what's going on with him?

The psychic/intuitive/medium's never seem to hesitate to shed light on the situations - but from what I'm reading in your posts they shouldn't really be doing this?

Or am I missing something here?

Moony:hug:

SunSister
03-12-2010, 08:01 PM
In my opinion, good psychics are the ones with integrity who'll focus on you instead of anything else. I pick up on a lot of things from different people, too, and I prefer to keep it to myself unless the person says or does something I can safely respond to. I always work on the basic premise that I don't know everything about a situation in their life and that I can only help them clarify what they feel, why they feel it and how they can change it. I'm not going to say "oh, your husband's acting like that because of this and this", because the information I pick up on could just as easily be incomplete. Psychics, in my opinion, should practice that same approach. The querent, or the person contacting the psychic, is the one who needs guidance to help them make sense of their own position and their own intuitive feelings.:smile:

You know what, though? Some people are like these 'homing beacons' that transmit every single thing that's going on. They have never learned to shut all of that off and they're not aware that they're broadcasting their lives in a way that lets sensitive people pick up on that. I personally like to add an imaginative 'volume button' in my head for everything I pick up on.. when it's something I want to hear, I turn the volume up.. when it's something I don't want in my life, I turn the volume down.. that visual makes it easier for me to shut their signals out.. :wink:

mac
03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
great posting SunSister! :smile:

Lynn
04-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Hello

Personally I find its "Cold Reading" and its not right on all levels that I persoanlly work on. TOO in saying that it TOOK me many years to get a handle on not feeling it all from one's. To put up that shield or bubble that keeps it from flowing into me.

Something I am now working on with me eldest Son to have him not take it all in.

I can read most anyone by just opening to them. DO I do it NO do I lik to do it LIVE no not really. I am comfortable doing a reading and e mailing it to them or giving it to them at a later time.

Grounding and other methods work well. Too if information comes to one remember that TRUST is needed with what is recieved. We might well take in something but it is not up to us to spread that around. Respects and trust for how it would feel to us.

Me mate is an open BOOK to me....but tha is out of a path he had in life that I needed to understand. I have left that door open and he knows that. I too have a good friend that can read me like an open book and I trust in that he has me higher good in mind as I have his in mind. Sometimes he will say there is something on ye's mind OUT WITH IT as I do with him....but its needed to be cleared we respect that.

Time and patient and it can be manages. Too one has to want to control it .

Lynn

Xan
04-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Others have said it, Moon Willow... The real question is not how much should you try to know about someone, but to be completely clear in your own integrity and intention that whatever you see and know is held with respect for the highest good. Sincerity wins.

Xan

Moon Willow
04-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. That's a big help.

I'm going to go and find myself a mentor or group that I can learn with while everything is so new and help me to learn all these things. It seems that these abilities come with quite alot of responsibility, which is fine, but I just don't want to accidently cause anyone grief while I'm learing.

I'm picking up that you are all wonderful people (ooh, am I allowed to do that)?:D
He, he, he.

Love, light and blessings,
Moon Willow :hug: