PDA

View Full Version : What Christians do wrong.....

Honza
13-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Is what Christians do wrong Christ's fault? Or is it basically the Christians fault despite Christ's best intentions?

I know there is a lot of resentment among Pagans against Christians. But who do you think is at fault - Christ or Christians or both?

BriarRose
13-08-2014, 08:05 PM
My own thought is that people who dislike Christians may have had bad past life experiences with Christianity. I know that is true for me. The Christ consciousness is not at fault for human misinterpretation and the evil deeds they do. But, rather than focusing on what is "wrong" with certain schools of spirituality, i.e. religions, I think it's better to focus on what they do "right". Otherwise, we just get dragged down into an endless cycle of hatred, and judging other people - one of the things Christ didn't want his followers to do! I still struggle with this, Honza, although I think of myself as Pagan. :smile:

Adrienne
13-08-2014, 10:39 PM
But, rather than focusing on what is "wrong" with certain schools of spirituality, i.e. religions, I think it's better to focus on what they do "right". Otherwise, we just get dragged down into an endless cycle of hatred, and judging other people - one of the things Christ didn't want his followers to do!

Very nicely said Rosie ~

Honza, quit stirring the pot ! LOL ! :D

norseman
14-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Christianity or [as I prefer to call it], Churchianity, has very little to do with Christ.

Honza
14-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Very nicely said Rosie ~

Honza, quit stirring the pot ! LOL ! :D

Hi Adrienne,

You have a new user name and I can't recognise you......who were you before?

Adrienne
14-08-2014, 10:50 AM
I AM someone that you used to know in a past life ,lol ..... :D

Morpheus
16-08-2014, 04:09 PM
My own thought is that people who dislike Christians may have had bad past life experiences with Christianity. I know that is true for me. The Christ consciousness is not at fault for human misinterpretation and the evil deeds they do. But, rather than focusing on what is "wrong" with certain schools of spirituality, i.e. religions, I think it's better to focus on what they do "right". Otherwise, we just get dragged down into an endless cycle of hatred, and judging other people - one of the things Christ didn't want his followers to do! I still struggle with this, Honza, although I think of myself as Pagan. :smile:

Who is perfect? Who is without Ego, in this fallen situation we call, "the world"?
In time and space... which even Physics today says is an illusory situation.

Do you think you are? Curious.

If time and space are illusory, also, then what is the true situation, concerning "past lives"?

We are all in this evolved organic situation together, all in the same boat. Also, we are all more and other than what we appear as, here. The origin of all things being of Spirit, and, apart from, "space/time".

Mind's Eye
16-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Christianity or [as I prefer to call it], Churchianity, has very little to do with Christ.

Norseman is correct; These corporate religions say they follow Christ and the Bible, yet they do exactly the opposite of what Christ said.

All of the killing started when Constantine founded the big corporate Church of Rome, then it was war on all other religions and mass slaughters. They even killed other Christians that would not conform to their doctrine.

Before Rome took over Christianity, many Christians held to the teachings of Christ, yet still prayed to the Pagan Gods and even preformed folk magic. The early Christians were very diverse in their beliefs and practices. Of course, Rome would not have any of that and decided to hold councils and define for the known world just what Christianity was and was not.. and that nonsense is still perpetuated today through organized religion.

On the other hand, many Christians are dropping out of the churches and finding their own path. Many of which blend their Christianity with Wicca and other Pagan based belief systems.

Have you heard of Christo-Paganism? Many people refer to themselves as such these days. The ideas of who and what Jesus was varies among Christo-Pagans and some even take a more cosmic/metaphorical view of him and do not think that Jesus was a historical person. The point being, all these points of view are accepted among Christo-Pagans and no one tries to convert or correct anybody else... Many Christo-Pagans even have a patron, Pagan God and Goddess that they work with.

So, to answer your question Honza... The religion of what norseman referred to as Churchianty is to blame for all of the tension and problems. Had Rome never interfered and turned Christianity into what it is today; I think Christianity and Paganism would have existed harmoniously side by side and learned much from one another... And I think they still can, and will as spirituality evolves.

Honza
16-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Great post Mind's Eye. You always bring something unexpected to the table..... :D

Mind's Eye
16-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Great post Mind's Eye. You always bring something unexpected to the table..... :D

Thanks Honza; I try! :wink:

LillyBelle
16-08-2014, 09:16 PM
You can't blame an entire religion for the wrongdoings of a few members who choose to do bad in Jesus' name. Jesus gave everyone free will and if they choose to do bad that is their choice. He wants everyone to love each other and help in any way they can,but he won't make people be nice.

BriarRose
18-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Morpheus, I'm not sure if your question about believing a person can be perfect was directed at me, but I suppose it would depend on how you define perfection. Some schools of thought say who and what we are right now is perfect for the current needs of our souls. I was raised as a Christian, and my take on that was that no one has ever achieved perfection, except the Christ. So, enough of my early training lingers that I don't believe that I am perfect, or ever could be, no matter what philosophy I choose to follow.

Raphah
18-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Is what Christians do wrong Christ's fault? Or is it basically the Christians fault despite Christ's best intentions?

I know there is a lot of resentment among Pagans against Christians. But who do you think is at fault - Christ or Christians or both?
Definitely not Christ's fault. Without Him there would be no chance of finding happiness in His company on this planet after Judgment Day.

Many Christians know this and they feel it their responsibility to warn and guide sinners into repentance before its too late.

You see, on Judgment Day (from my Guardian Angel source) every dimension of Earth running parallel to this one will be reset (destroyed). All that will remain, will be this physical world and Christians.

Please don't get me wrong, i use to be an atheist.
My mother did witchcraft and forced me as a child into a 4th Generation Curse so i know that the 'craft' is all true.

There are 2 sides at play here. There is Jesus Christ and the fallen ones.
It is already written that Jesus will win this spiritual battle.

So forget what the Christians say. Just ask yourself, do you want to be on the winning side after the coming 7 Year Tribulation, or the losing side ?

And i know from personal spiritual experience that every sinner can be forgiven. Even demons can be forgiven whilst they occupy the host body and allow the host to pray to the Lord.

So Christians have good (irritating) intentions because they know whats coming down the pipe. And so far with Albert Pike's world war 3 coming into fruition it seems that no one can stop the coming anti-christ.

Tobi
18-08-2014, 10:35 PM
We all have free will. Even Christ cannot interfere with that. We must choose well.