PDA

View Full Version : In a Haunted Apartment - what should we do?

Intergalactic
09-08-2014, 04:12 PM
I just woke up in a weird way. Before I drifted off to sleep I heard softly "10 minutes" and exactly 10 minutes later I was woken up from a fairly deep sleep by a cold touch on my elbow. I swear I'm not crazy... this was really weird although it's known that this place/area is well haunted.

I saw something that looked like the figure of a little girl in a white and pink dress last night, maybe circa 1900/1850? It was covered in bows etc. She just skipped away from my bed around 2am last night.

The activity has seemed to increase dramatically with the renovations the new owners are doing (we rent this 1 bedroom apartment). This is a very historic area dating back to the 1700s and the war of 1812's major battles were fought not that far away.

I swear I see "ghost cat(s)" and yesterday evening it sounded like someone was kicking the walls and a shadow went by a doorway shortly after - both me and my skeptical Signifigant Other saw this.

What do we do to calm down the activity? We have no reign over what the new owners want to do, they're mainly fixing things however. I know I'm an untrained medium but to be honest the activity is getting a little spooky even for me. I stay here alone most of the day...

Oh and one more thing... we seem to have a fly that doesn't leave. We let one out and it seems to reappear? Only one fly is in the house at a time, and nothing that they could eat etc. around. It likes to sit on people's hands and be around mostly me, sometimes my Significant Other (he said he spotted one in his car that likes to sit on hands) and it never seems to go away or die (or only one takes it's place???) So weird, it's watching me type this by perching on my computer, or it was. I don't know what that's about.

Everytime I close my eyes and open my third eye there are men around that look murderously angry for some reason. Only thing I can think of is that they're doing work (a horrible job) on a historic house right down the street. I don't think those spirits are happy, and neither are the ones around here with the renovations being done. But I don't know what to do about it, not that anyone would probably believe me - they'd think I was totally crazy if I said something in all actuality.

What should I do? What would you guys do?

sea-dove
10-08-2014, 03:49 AM
What I would do in this situation?

I'd probably try to get those unhappy spirits of the house renovation to move on. (whether they will or not is another story).

IsleWalker
10-08-2014, 02:40 PM
You can try burning sage--open windows, doors, then burn in every corner and everything doorway. You can look up more about it. It's just something you can do to calm down the energy.

I find it a bit stinky--like bad cigarettes! But, it might be worth it.

Lora

P.S. You can also try communicating (in your head) to these angry souls--telling them you mean no harm but you live here now and that the owner is doing remodeling. Can't hurt to explain.

Clover
10-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Burn some sage. Go online and research a sage prayer. There is a peaceful and stern way of letting them leave your home. Even if you don't have ghost, its good to clear up the energy with a sage burning.

Element 5
11-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Spirits, as you know, do not like us to change their environment. I would encourage you to let them know that you have no say in the changes taking place and that you would like to stay out of their way if they will do the same for you. The fly sounds linked to the haunting, so killing it may not be a good idea. Burning sage and/or lavender is advised. Also, creating good energy by allowing a lot of light in and good air flow as well should help. If the activity increases, you'll know they are growing more angry and frustrated, in which case I'd advise you to seek someone who is experienced in helping restless spirits to cross over. This isn't something I'd try to do on your own if you haven't had this experience before. Good Luck!

Thunder Bow
11-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Fly Spirits are most common of all spirits. They annoy me when I am camping all the time. They can cause small time troubles such as objects falling over and getting in the way. They cause unexpected spills, and minor computer problems. The list seems endless.

desert rat
12-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Burning sage is called smudging .Some other methods would be the L.R.B.P. , the circulation of white light , ect. A post with some links that I made on smudging .
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67423