PDA

View Full Version : Dark Night?

LovelyL
01-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Has anyone gone through a dark night or a period of time where they just feel really absent and like, your whole life is on hold and you can't seem to
think of anything, like you just come up blank no matter what? I feel like my brain has just fallen out or taken a vacation. Any thoughts would be helpful! I am really struggling with this one. I'm taking supplements for depression but it doesn't really feel like depression.

Swami Chihuahuananda
01-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Has anyone gone through a dark night or a period of time where they just feel really absent and like, your whole life is on hold and you can't seem to
think of anything, like you just come up blank no matter what? I feel like my brain has just fallen out or taken a vacation. Any thoughts would be helpful! I am really struggling with this one. I'm taking supplements for depression but it doesn't really feel like depression.
Timing sucks sometimes, doesn't it?. Somewhere along the line I saw that there is always evolution, even though it doesn't always feel like forward progress. It really helps to try and accept and embrace where you are even if it is a rough time . If not embrace (that may come later) , then accept all steps as being your next steps , and the only way to move is to keep taking steps.

It's easy to get caught up in thinking you should be further along or moving faster , but if I take that line of thinking too seriously, I see my whole life as
being too slow, not enough, and lacking , because I've seen what awaits me
(at least I think that's what it is ) . But that's a great way to make myself crazy and miserable . Much better to know that what awaits is more moments of nowness , so I can stop thinking that this now somehow sucks.

silent whisper
01-08-2014, 10:48 PM

I have moments where I blank out thinking I needed to be somewhere or was heading somewhere else entirely different to the outside call. Then something else takes over me from within that is silently moving me to somewhere else. I then become aware in that moment of where I thought I was going was not where another aspect of me wanted me to be. OF course when I have arrived then and noticed this shift I realized that there was something important for me at the place I was being silently moved too that I couldn't see myself until I arrived before I reached the place I wanted to go to originally. I guess I highlighted this to show you that we *think* we know all that we need for ourselves. Sometimes shutting down those parts of ourselves that always lead can allow us to be lead to the place we need to listen to more so.

BE still and know thyself comes to mind. When your over thinking, you cant hear the hidden you that wants to be heard...:)

The on hold feeling can be a time of shifting and staying with self.

We are so used to over thinking, doing and needing to know that we eventually in time learn the lessons of just flowing and trusting in our life as it lands us.

If you suffer depression, this may be about letting go of what your suppressing in the old way of knowing, and this shift may be opening up a new way of not knowing and unfamiliar ground for you to see how this all FEELS.

So honour those feelings they lead you to let go and find clarity through the maze of confusion while it reigns.

And asking for support while going through it and sharing helps too.