PDA

View Full Version : Knight of Cups as Advice

Awakened Queen
29-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I asked "How do I talk to this guy?" And I got the Knight of Cups. I've also asked "How does he want me to treat him?" And I got the Knight of Cups.

I use the Thoth tarot deck.
http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/cups_kn.jpg

Is the Knight of Cups telling me to be warm and receptive, maybe listen to everything he has to say and ask him questions about himself?

What are some other interpretations?

mparkes
31-07-2014, 01:15 AM
I asked "How do I talk to this guy?" And I got the Knight of Cups. I've also asked "How does he want me to treat him?" And I got the Knight of Cups.

I use the Thoth tarot deck.
http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/cups_kn.jpg

Is the Knight of Cups telling me to be warm and receptive, maybe listen to everything he has to say and ask him questions about himself?

What are some other interpretations?

I think your interpretation sounds pretty good to me - I don’t use the court cards in my readings for a while now however I always considered the Knights as an active “two-play-couple” card - so in the case of the cups the knight would be like a repeating 2 of cups - which seems to be a very active version of the themes of the twos (couples agreements playful feelings generally very innocent and childlike :)

Awakened Queen
31-07-2014, 02:10 PM
We're just getting to know each other in a non-romantic setting, so I can see where the playfulness and innocence comes into play. It's very new. I like that interpretation. Thanks!

Tsuga
31-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Hello,

Did you draw the Knight of Swords twice, or just the once for both the questions ?
I wouldn't be able to add anything more to what's already been said. I'm just curious to hear if the same card was draw twice. If so, the chances of that happening must be really high.

thanks

Awakened Queen
31-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Hello,

Did you draw the Knight of Swords twice, or just the once for both the questions ?
I wouldn't be able to add anything more to what's already been said. I'm just curious to hear if the same card was draw twice. If so, the chances of that happening must be really high.

thanks

I was just shuffling the deck, asked the first question, pulled the Knight of Cups. Asked a few more questions. Shuffled the deck, asked another question, pulled the Knight of Cups again.

So I'm guessing he wants me to be warm and sweet when I talk to him.