PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here using Lenormand cards?

Trieah
26-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I was introduced to Lenormand cards a few weeks ago, and now have purchased my first deck. I'm still having a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to read them, since it's completely different from tarot or oracle. I thought it would be nice to get a discussion going on all the different combinations and parings of how to read the Grand Tableau spread.

jusmail
28-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Don't go for the GT spread right now. Play with the 3, 5, or 7, or even the 3x3 spreads, learn what they symbolize and then after gaining experience try the bigger one.

Trieah
28-07-2014, 03:30 AM
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea.

Tsuga
28-07-2014, 09:38 AM
The Grand Tableau spread ! Very interesting.

I was given a Persian rug, oh about two years ago now. It has a pattern of (5x7) 35 rectangular boxes. Since getting my Tarot deck I have wanted to do a reading of the cards using the boxes on the rug. Being a beginner 35 cards have been way too much to read.

The Grand Tableau is certainly a wonderful source for further study.
Thanks very much for your post.

t.

FairyCrystal
28-07-2014, 11:37 AM
I've been trying to get my head around it for years, struggling. Then I learnt there are plenty of Lenormand decks available, and realised that was my main problem: I couldn't relate to the standard Lenormand deck. (Had the same thing with Rider Waite tarot).
Earlier this year I got my Golden Reverie Lenormand deck in, along with Rana George's book on how to read Lenormand. As far as I know the best book on this, never found any book or site or person properly explaining how you can or should read Lenormand, including the GT.
That book has helped so much, that I now sometimes do readings for others as well.
I did start of with doing daycards, three cards. Became a member of a Lenormandforum (Dutch), where you can post readings, so you get feedback as well. THat helps a lot, you learn from feedback, also combinations others make.
Start a log so you can write things down, esp. unusual explanations and combinations.
If you continue to find it difficult, I do recommend Rana George's book.

Trieah
29-07-2014, 12:13 AM
I've got the Gilded Reverie as well, along with a couple or other Ciro Marchetti decks. His art work is so enchanting and just calls to me. One of these days, I'm going to spring for his GT printed reading cloths that he sells on his web site.

I do plan on getting Gena George's book sometime soon, so that should help out a lot. There are a few youtube videos for reading Lenormand cards, but they still feel like there's a lot left out. Same with the few web sites I've found. That would be really neat to get feedback on a forum though. I'll have to look into that.

FairyCrystal
29-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Yes, I've watched YouTube clips too, but like you say, they seem to leave things out. The book is very thorough, plus gives very in depth description on each card, varying from it representing a person, health, work, spiritual etc.
I use it less now than I used to, as I feel I got the basics down. Things went really fast after I'd read that book!

It's a wonderful deck, isn't it?! I just wished I had known about it sooner, as there was a collector's version when it first came out with a few extra cards that aren't normally part of Lenormand. But you can do different readings with those, one card is on time specifically I believe. I mailed Ciro Marchetti about this, asking if I could still purchase those card. Didn't really expect a reply, lol, but I did get one, quite fast as well!
And no, they aren't available, depends on the publisher if they ever will be :'(

I believe Aeclectic forum has a section on Lenormand. Don't know if there's much activity in that section though. I only ever used the Tarot section.
It is difficult to get proper feedback on Lenormand, which is a bit odd. That's why I was so glad to find a Dutch forum with a very active section on it, and Rana George's book. Without that book I'd still be in the dark, lol.
Although I have to admit the little booklet that came with the deck is remarkably good as well, even though it doesn't have that much info per card. I regularly check that as well.

Good luck with the cards, I love the deck too, beautiful artwork!

IslandLioness
13-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Keep a dailies diary, its a good way to get to know the cards