PDA

View Full Version : Reverse AP?

Felynx
01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Im guessing most people know that when you AP you leave your body open to other entities if you dont protect it properly (and sometimes even if you do), so Im asking anyone if theyve had any strange experiences with "reverse AP" as Id like to call it, as much as they can understand and remember anyways.

Alan
01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Im guessing most people know that when you AP you leave your body open to other entities if you dont protect it properly (and sometimes even if you do), so Im asking anyone if theyve had any strange experiences with "reverse AP" as Id like to call it, as much as they can understand and remember anyways.That is utter and complete nonsense that need not ever be entertained.

astralsuzy
01-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I do not protect myself and nothing bad has ever happened.

Lostgirl
01-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Im sorry i would love to be able to help, but i have absolutly no idea.

I just read your post and saw the responses that you got and thought that it was a bit harsh really. If you dont agree then dont post insulting someone elses beliefs instead of answering their question.

Theres just no need for it. Sorry i couldnt be of more help to you but i just find it so upsetting when people are like this.

Alan
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Im sorry i would love to be able to help, but i have absolutly no idea.

I just read your post and saw the responses that you got and thought that it was a bit harsh really. If you dont agree then dont post insulting someone elses beliefs instead of answering their question.

Theres just no need for it. Sorry i couldnt be of more help to you but i just find it so upsetting when people are like this.
I was not harsh or insulting at all, I was stating very firmly that the subject of this topic is around 100% fiction. You may interpret me as being harsh or insulting, but be aware that this is only your own viewpoint.

Saying that someones belief is false is being insulting? Again, you may wish to view things that way, but I personally view your approach as being weak and damaging overall. If someone says something which is completely and demonstratively false, I'll correct them if I know the answer. I'm a member of a language forum in which we are expected to correct everyone and be ourselves corrected; this is a form of learning. You don't have to indulge in it if you don't want to, but then you really have no right preaching to others what they should or should not do in certain situations.

Of course, I could sit here and detail a thousand different ways in which this topics subject might be valid and possible. I could be totally entertaining of the idea for the sake of being polite. In the end that will only result in a) The topic poster to get the wrong idea, b) Other posters to get the wrong idea, and most importantly c) Anyone who happens to come across this forum, most likely people new to astral projection, will see this topic at the top and might themselves come to believe that posession through astral projection is possible and will happen.

Now, YOU may be content in allowing such damaging consequences to occur. Like I said, I view that as weak and careless. However upon reading this topic, I could not help but put a stop to this nonsense early on to prevent an entire topic of speculation on it which WILL negatively influence the decisions of people who would otherwise have quite enthusiastically ventured into the life-altering adventure that is astral projection. You wanting to deny people that experience by spreading ignorance and preaching respect for beliefs (no matter how wrong they are) is up to you, do what you wish, as I will do as I wish.

I will say it again, for clarity: The concept of your physical body being invaded whilst astral projecting is complete 100% fiction. It is not worth serious discussion as it just spreads fear and incorrect information.

Edited by SF Staff

Shabda
02-12-2010, 01:37 AM
I was not harsh or insulting at all, I was stating very firmly that the subject of this topic is around 100% fiction. You may interpret me as being harsh or insulting, but be aware that this is only your own viewpoint.

Saying that someones belief is false is being insulting? Again, you may wish to view things that way, but I personally view your approach as being weak and damaging overall. If someone says something which is completely and demonstratively false, I'll correct them if I know the answer. I'm a member of a language forum in which we are expected to correct everyone and be ourselves corrected; this is a form of learning. You don't have to indulge in it if you don't want to, but then you really have no right preaching to others what they should or should not do in certain situations.

Of course, I could sit here and detail a thousand different ways in which this topics subject might be valid and possible. I could be totally entertaining of the idea for the sake of being polite. In the end that will only result in a) The topic poster to get the wrong idea, b) Other posters to get the wrong idea, and most importantly c) Anyone who happens to come across this forum, most likely people new to astral projection, will see this topic at the top and might themselves come to believe that posession through astral projection is possible and will happen.

Now, YOU may be content in allowing such damaging consequences to occur. Like I said, I view that as weak and careless. However upon reading this topic, I could not help but put a stop to this nonsense early on to prevent an entire topic of speculation on it which WILL negatively influence the decisions of people who would otherwise have quite enthusiastically ventured into the life-altering adventure that is astral projection. You wanting to deny people that experience by spreading ignorance and preaching respect for beliefs (no matter how wrong they are) is up to you, do what you wish, as I will do as I wish.

I will say it again, for clarity: The concept of your physical body being invaded whilst astral projecting is complete 100% fiction. It is not worth serious discussion as it just spreads fear and incorrect information.
im curious, where did you come by this information, that you obviously dont consider to be false? i ask, because i have a considerable degree of experience with possessions, both negative and non negative, so im interested to hear your take on this, and your explanation as to how you came to "know" it...

Alan
02-12-2010, 01:57 AM
im curious, where did you come by this information, that you obviously dont consider to be false? i ask, because i have a considerable degree of experience with possessions, both negative and non negative, so im interested to hear your take on this, and your explanation as to how you came to "know" it...I think I haven't presented myself clearly. I'm not saying posession doesn't exist, just that the act of astral projection does not influence chances of being posessed, and projecting does not leave your body open to attack or influence. I'm speaking purely of astral projection leaving the body vulnerable, as the topic describes. This is based on logic, and I will not debate it in a public forum because as I said I do not want to entertain the idea too much where everyone can read it. We can discuss it in PM's or e-mail if you wish.

Gracey
02-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Im guessing most people know that when you AP you leave your body open to other entities if you dont protect it properly (and sometimes even if you do), so Im asking anyone if theyve had any strange experiences with "reverse AP" as Id like to call it, as much as they can understand and remember anyways.

can you explain what reverse ap is, i feel rather daft about it.

i do have ap experiences and fear was experienced twice, but i dont know anything about another entity entering me at that time, sounds pretty scarey. what a shock you would have when you came back.

Xan
02-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Im guessing most people know that when you AP you leave your body open to other entities if you dont protect it properly (and sometimes even if you do)

This is not true, Felynx, or if it does happen it's extremely rare, although some people have fear of it like an old wives tale.

We go out of body nearly every time we go to sleep and there is built-in projection for the body.

The only differences in astral projection from ordinary sleep are 1) being out of body consciously, 2) remembering it when you wake up, and 3) having some degree of control of where you go.

Xan

Felynx
02-12-2010, 04:57 AM
This is true, and I have seen it and experienced it. Im sorry for not getting my point across clearly... SOME people got a little too defensive over not believing me. I was speaking more about trading places, one person goes to the planes and another enters the body. Saying its impossible is ignorant, but entities who can use your body honestly dont care enough about the human race to bother.
Having your body utilized is extremely rare, 99% of entities have no use for your body and 99% of the time if they need one it wont be yours.
I was only asking everyone if theyve had the rare chance of this happening. This isnt technically even related to astral projection, someone can black out during any sort of episode like this and not remember.
Sheesh.....

Sangress
02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I think, in this instance, people might need to look at my signature.

Has anyone else noticed that often fiction is based on some form of truth?

This sneaky body hijacking has never happened to me personally, but I know enough to understand that it is possible, if not extremely rare.

Someone has to be either really desperate, really vengeful or really stupid to use your body when your unaware.

If your mind or attention is elsewhere, apart from your physical body, then it would be easier for a spirit (or someone OBEing) to get into your body and mind, but much much harder to make the body move or do anything because the consciousness just isn't there to be used, its elsewhere.

No consciousness = no tools to use, but no defense's against intrusion either.

I would assume that in order to do it you'd have to jump in while, or wait until they are in the final stages of sleep, but their mind/consciousness is not quite back yet, but almost there.

*Note to self - try hijacking someone elses body while they are APing. Personal experience is everything.

You can all say what you like, bicker that it's false or true...etc

It would be nice if no ones head is/was/or will be getting bitten off for voicing their opinions, sharing experiences and asking questions. (That's aimed at everyone in general. No one in particular.)

Lostgirl
02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Reverse Ap does soudn really interesting. I'd never heard of it before but i think its something i will look into :)

Im only really just starting to learn about AP and didnt know anything like this was possible,. but a couple of people have heard about it, so i think its something to be aware of maybe.

Lostgirl
03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
And on that note (well said Sangress and I apologise)......

How would reverse AP work?! And why would a spirit or entity want to do it?!

Im not hot on this topic, AP isnt my strong point. It was only after reading a couple of other posts i realised it had happened to me.....if thats possible.

x

Sangress
03-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Hmm. Reasons and Motives for Reverse AP.....

I'll set aside the notion of people in bodies OBEing performing Reverse AP, because this will become waay too complicated otherwise.

Think of why you would wan't to, or why you do astral project, then switch it to a spirits point of view.

Some spirits have yet to experience what its like to have their own body, while others expect to never take a body for various reasons.

Would it be illogical to consider whether both of those "kinds" of spirits would want to know what it's like to be in a body? Maybe yearn for it?

Then there could be others who see a chance to have some fun, or finish a job they had overlooked the last time they were in a body.

I don't think anyone should overlook the potential for everyone to be harmfull, spirit or not.

The posibility of a spirit going for vengance of someone who will loose their body regardless (from old age I would hope) seems completely illogical, but hey, no one thinks clearly when they are angry, so it's worth mentioning.

There could be countless reasons because, as with every action, there is a motive that is specific to the individual performing that action.

Hope that gives you a bit of a clearer idea.

Kaere
03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
This topic has reopened for polite discussion.

Nohman
06-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Let's think about it. Every night when we go to sleep, we astral project. Our dreams are astral projections, and most of the time we experience them unconsciously.

Let's just say I'm 21 years old, and I found out about astral projection last year. That means I have been projecting astrally unconsciously for 20 years. Twenty years without being possesed. Twenty years without "reverse AP".

Shouldn't that ease your mind enough?

Sangress
07-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Let's think about it. Every night when we go to sleep, we astral project. Our dreams are astral projections, and most of the time we experience them unconsciously.

Let's just say I'm 21 years old, and I found out about astral projection last year. That means I have been projecting astrally unconsciously for 20 years. Twenty years without being possesed. Twenty years without "reverse AP".

Shouldn't that ease your mind enough?

I see differences between dreams and AP, as well as differences between unconscious and conscious AP and I believe that such factors could alter the possibility of Reverse AP occurring.

On a side note, I've learned that age and time is irrelevant where spirits are concerned.

So, I'm not one to comment on that due to differing experiences.

I'm interested in other peoples replies to your comment though.

papadan
07-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Felynx, After being involved in and experiencing AP for over half a century I do not think another spirit can take over one's body. I believe you have an automatic response that pulls you back if your body is threatened.
A couple of times I found my spirit snapped rapidly back into my body and glimpsed 'something' near. It could have been merely another curious spirit.
I personally have never used methods for protection of my body.

What another person does for their own comfort is, to me, strictly their business. If some sort of protection ritual or object makes you feel free to enjoy the experience, by all means use it. It is a personal choice.

Again, these are my personal experiences and would never falsely tell you that I know everything, nor try to speak of absolutes. This would immediately disqualify me as a reliable source of information.
Just enjoy the wonders and possibilities.

It is good that you have so much information available to you and that there are so many good people here willing to help answer your questions. When I started, so many years ago, I had few references and practically no one spoke of such things. This forum is a gift to be appreciated along with the majority of the folks here. Thanks to all.

Alan
07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
I see differences between dreams and AP, as well as differences between unconscious and conscious AP and I believe that such factors could alter the possibility of Reverse AP occurring.
Why? What are the differences and why would they alter the probabilities at all?

Ivy
07-12-2010, 09:25 AM
When you project you dont leave your body. As the the label says...it is a projection of energy. People perhaps try to view it in terms of the physical experience they know...ie that you need to leave the house to get somewhere else.

There are those who would manipulate energy, and by doing so they are able to manipulate the minds perception.

And this is why perhaps spiritual work is not about attaining some ability or sightedness...but is everything to do with searching within yourself to understand where your motivation comes from....and eventually to break down the unconcious threads of the ego and regain control of yourself.

Sangress
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Why? What are the differences and why would they alter the probabilities at all?
Differences = Dreams are limited to the mind and internal perceptions, whereas AP is opened to external influences...like spirits rather than figments of a persons subconscious imagination.

Difference between conscious and unconscious AP = The state of the mind during unconscious AP is more difficult to manipulate and trace the Vibe of the Projector to their body in order to commence Reverse AP.

A conscious Astral Projector is easier to track and manipulate because all of their cognitive functions are active as well as the fact that their instinctual responses take a back seat in their mind.

The probability of Reverse AP depends on timing, the individual in question and the state of your own mind and strength in relation to that persons willpower.

There are other factors that effect it, but I don't feel that it's necessary to complicate things more.

This is all just from my experience and perceptions, so I don't expect to be understood completely in regards to this.