ThoughtOnFire
23-07-2014, 10:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR4vW9RaYRQ

ThoughtOnFire
24-07-2014, 01:27 AM
I will say, it's entirely possible.

Baile
24-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Hi TOF. We're souls. We're spirit. We are an aspect of the Greater Spirit. Looking for materialistic explanations binds one to the mundane physical. My opinion.

ThoughtOnFire
24-07-2014, 06:36 PM
I do open my mind to the Greater Source. There's no reason we can't consider both in our calculations...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/578162_1393864514193004_1336971089_n.jpg

Baile
25-07-2014, 08:54 AM
There's no reason we can't consider both in our calculations...That's true. I suppose I don't feel the need to speculate on these things because I believe everything ultimately derives from the One Source. Does it matter then if something happens to be a genetic hybrid of something else? It's all just One in Spirit ultimately. In the same way I have traced my family history back several centuries. Interesting for sure, but of no relevance with regards my current incarnation and spiritual self-development.

ThoughtOnFire
25-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the reply and I respect your stance on the implications.

On a side note you have 2,211 posts and joined the forum in 2011 :D

Baile
25-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply and I respect your stance on the implications.

On a side note you have 2,211 posts and joined the forum in 2011 :D2212... heh. I spent a number of years studying alternative versions of human history, writers such as Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas, Graham Hancock, Michael Cremo and others. It's a fascinating subject, it's still of interest to me. I personally believe human evolutionary history is probably a mixture of the typical occult account - human souls incarnating over eons of time - but also with assistance and intervention from higher beings. Now whether those beings are spirit beings, or evolved Lemurian and Atlantian races, or ascended masters, or alien races, doesn't matter a whole lot to me. It comes down to the same thing in the end as I see it.

ThoughtOnFire
25-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Well I think the Gnostics were onto something when they said the Demiurge was the false God of this World/Reality. And there exists a Higher God/Source.

I believe the Demiurge could have been those ambiguous spirit beings/evolved Lemurian and Atlantian races/ascended masters/alien races/etc etc.

And the Source of All is the Real "God" they wrote about.

If you view the subject in this light than I think it becomes relevant to our Spiritual Condition.

Baile
25-07-2014, 07:30 PM
If you view the subject in this light than I think it becomes relevant to our Spiritual Condition.I'm not a believer in a malevolent aspect to spirit, I feel the universe and spirit is entirely benevolent. So for me, the spiritual condition you speak of - assuming you're talking about suffering - is human-created. I don't see it as an inherent aspect of the physical plane, or as something humanity is being subjected to by malevolent super-sensible beings.

Similar to one aspect of the Demiurge, I do see the universe as being fashioned out of pure spirit substance that is eternal in nature. I've also come across a lot of material that speaks of hierarchies of creation - the idea that the "God" of our universe is in a fact a lower hierarchical creative entity, and not "God" (The All, The Creative Source) at all.

ThoughtOnFire
25-07-2014, 07:46 PM
In your view then why is Humanity in part malevolent?

Baile
25-07-2014, 07:51 PM
In your view then why is Humanity in part malevolent?Creation is continual chaos. Perhaps the human race is one particular physical manifestation of that chaotic reality. Plus we have free will, we have creative power to cause that same sort of chaos. Incarnation is a soul education: experiencing and learning about the consequences of that power is one part of that also. These are my immediate thoughts, all guesses wrong or your money back!

Baile
25-07-2014, 08:08 PM
I feel there's truth by degrees in everything. The Noah's Ark story for example... I believe as I said that humanity has been helped along in its evolution by spirit beings, or beings of some kind. It's quite possible/probable that these beings have intervened at times when the human race was at risk of evolving in a direction counter to that which would be productive to Creation. So much so that humanity has been purged, and has had to start and restart several times along the way. One reason could be the human race's tendency to evolve in malevolent, counter-evolutionary directions.

Which then goes back to your theory really: humanity as a race may have been shaped and cropped and trimmed and pruned like a banzai tree. If so, we truly are a sort of genetic hybrid compared to the original.

surrendertotheflow
25-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Creation is continual chaos. Perhaps the human race is one particular physical manifestation of that chaotic reality. Plus we have free will, we have creative power to cause that same sort of chaos. Incarnation is a soul education: experiencing and learning about the consequences of that power is one part of that also. These are my immediate thoughts, all guesses wrong or your money back!

I don't know.... the universe itself seems to have been creating in a violent way, with the smashing of stars into one another and black holes sucking up and tearing energy apart... And then there is the whole subject of matter and antimatter which make up all of what we see (and what we don't)...

So perhaps malevolent and benevolent are just two more words to describe the duality that is of this universe. I definitely think we are just one particular manifestation of chaos like you were saying. But we are still subject to that dualistic existence, good/bad, hot/cold, you cannot have one without the other. That is, unless you were the one that created both. And from where that energy stands there neither is or isn't. I find at that point, I cannot believe in anything 100%. I don't believe it's something we're supposed to know or understand.

But that's the great thing about being human.... we always crave to know more!!! :tongue: :D

Baile
25-07-2014, 08:28 PM
So perhaps malevolent and benevolent are just two more words to describe the duality that is of this universe. I definitely think we are just one particular manifestation of chaos like you were saying. But we are still subject to that dualistic existence, good/bad, hot/cold, you cannot have one without the other.Many people have this view. But here's the thing: What happened with Siddhartha? Or Jesus? Or even Mother Teresa? Their stories are about transcending the ego, and transforming malevolent human tendencies into benevolent love. Therefore this malevolent/benevolent dualistic existence you speak of appears to be a reality of the unconscious soul, only. It appears malevolence can be transcended by the conscious soul. It apparently holds no power or sway at all.

surrendertotheflow
25-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Many people have this view. But here's the thing: What happened with Siddhartha? Or Jesus? Or even Mother Teresa? Their stories are about transcending the ego, and transforming malevolent human tendencies into benevolent love. Therefore this malevolent/benevolent dualistic existence you speak of appears to be a reality of the unconscious soul, only. It appears malevolence can be transcended by the conscious soul. It apparently holds no power or sway at all.

I don't know about Jesus or Mother Theresa, but Buddha came from that place of neutrality which would be neither benevolent or malevolent.

While the path to neutrality is to lean towards loving kindness and compassion, which are benevolence in all its glory, I believe to really and truly transcend is to alleviate all thought patterns, both good and bad.

"Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field... I'll meet you there." --Rumi

Rawnrr
25-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I am a genetic hybrid........part of my genetics come from my mum...others from my dad....and it gets worse...each of them are hybrids of their parents...and so forth.
So lord only knows what is getting passed on to my son, who is a hybrid of my wife and I...Yikes LOL

ThoughtOnFire
25-07-2014, 09:46 PM
I am a genetic hybrid........part of my genetics come from my mum...others from my dad....and it gets worse...each of them are hybrids of their parents...and so forth.
So lord only knows what is getting passed on to my son, who is a hybrid of my wife and I...Yikes LOL

Think if your dad had masturbated that night instead. And so on your entire family tree, if your great great grandparents hadn't of had sex that very night. And quantify this concept all the way back to the dawn of life. Everything had to happen exactly the same way they did for you to be here, as you are, right now.

Rawnrr
25-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Think if your dad had masturbated that night instead. And so on your entire family tree, if your great great grandparents hadn't of had sex that very night. And quantify this concept all the way back to the dawn of life. Everything had to happen exactly the same way they did for you to be here, as you are, right now.

Parents (grand parents) and sex are two thoughts that should never occupy the same mind space....ever.

ThoughtOnFire
25-07-2014, 11:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmkophY2Pk

surrendertotheflow
27-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Parents (grand parents) and sex are two thoughts that should never occupy the same mind space....ever.

:laughing4:

ThoughtOnFire
28-07-2014, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YFOlBjprM