PDA

View Full Version : Are you scare of dying?

FrogWarrior
09-07-2014, 08:42 PM
I think I'm not scared of dying up until the point where I'm at the edge, then I get a bit scared. I don't know how harsh the dying process will be. Getting mauled by a bear would be a harsh way to go, I'd be terrified of that but even the idea of heart failure gets me a bit scared. However, the other night I got an idea of what happens with bradycardia, you just fall unconscious when the oxygenated blood stops reaching the brain, I've got borderline bradycardia and when the heart beats slowly like that you get drowsy and slip into sleep paralysis easily. Its actually pretty relaxing. I got skimmed by a car years ago and nearly bled to death, thats another easy way to go. Have you come close at any point yourself, if so what was it like?

neil
09-07-2014, 10:10 PM
I think I'm not scared of dying up until the point where I'm at the edge, then I get a bit scared. I don't know how harsh the dying process will be. Getting mauled by a bear would be a harsh way to go, I'd be terrified of that but even the idea of heart failure gets me a bit scared. However, the other night I got an idea of what happens with bradycardia, you just fall unconscious when the oxygenated blood stops reaching the brain, I've got borderline bradycardia and when the heart beats slowly like that you get drowsy
and slip into sleep paralysis easily. Its actually pretty relaxing. I got skimmed by a car years ago and nearly bled to death, thats another easy way to go. Have you come close at any point yourself, if so what was it like?

Hi ya frog warrior..I've noticed that u have started 2 experience a whole lot more lately & wat I believe is happening 2 u is actually happening, exactly as I suspected, but now all u have 2 do is figure out the truth of wat is really happening 2 u...as I kno it 2 b...

& now 2 the the point of my reply 2 ur post...
As I've mentioned 2 u about spirit attack & hinderance, which has been happening 2 me all of my 52 yrs of lifeis that it never stops 4 any person on this planet & 4 the most of them they wouldn't believe it either,
As I have said to u b4 about myself & my chosen sporting career is that I come 2 realize that by having the wind cut off at the throat is a very effective way of ending ur earth life, u infact pass out within seconds & if continued one would then die,
& as u might have realized I don't have any qualms about suicide or death & after my parents have transitioned in2 spiritual life & they don't need my assistance in their old age any more & the spirit attack is still happening 2 me, then ill b transitioning right bhind them, so quickly that they probably won't even kno that they have left the earth "LOL".... ( ill b using the above mentioned technique).
AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE IM SO LOOKIN 4WARD 2 THAT MOMENT

Anyway frog warrior good luck with the spiritual attack in ur life....I truly wish u well with it as ur still very young. ...

Regards Neil.

LadyMay
09-07-2014, 10:17 PM
No.. not scared. I almost drowned once when I was younger though.

Tobi
09-07-2014, 11:51 PM
I have a slight apprehension about the technical aspects of dying -sure. Who likes to feel horrible?

But of death itself. Not scared, no. I think it will work out well.

elisi
10-07-2014, 12:23 AM
i too almost drowned when i was young. it actually felt calm and pleasurable. i remember breathing under water. others thought me nuts, but i know i did.

anyways, no, i do not fear dying. perhaps many older people lose their fear and that it's the younger ones who have that fear.

No-thing-ness
10-07-2014, 12:28 AM
I have a meditation practise where I visualise leaving my physical body and return Home. Based on my NDE when I was 12!
To be honest I can't wait!!!

FrogWarrior
10-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi ya frog warrior..I've noticed that u have started 2 experience a whole lot more lately & wat I believe is happening 2 u is actually happening, exactly as I suspected, but now all u have 2 do is figure out the truth of wat is really happening 2 u...as I kno it 2 b...

& now 2 the the point of my reply 2 ur post...
As I've mentioned 2 u about spirit attack & hinderance, which has been happening 2 me all of my 52 yrs of lifeis that it never stops 4 any person on this planet & 4 the most of them they wouldn't believe it either...

Yeah I'm in one of those phases where mad things happen repeatedly in a short space of time. Something always changes after them, I'd been hearing voices for a while but the switch got turned off, now silence in my head. Some withdrawal symptoms I was feeling have abruptly stopped too. You say this spiritual attack thing has happened your whole life, does it change form and come and go in waves? What do you make of the grand scheme of things, where its actually leading you? One thing I've noticed every time is that to render myself immune to this thing that feels like a spiritual onslaught, all I have to do is step back and disidentify with the ego. Its simple but not so easy. Baby steps produce big results. The most extreme case that I remember, I thought I died at one point and in retrospect, I was on the edge, my hands went ice cold and started pouring sweat, never seen anything like that happen before. During that experience I switched off my internal dialogue because voices in the head were targeting it, I've had a silent mind ever since. More or less silent, I still hear random things pop into my head which aren't under my direct control. Switching off internal dialogue is like severing a ball and chain that I didn't realise I had attached to my mind. I disidentified with that aspect of the mind/ego. and All the best my friend, I hope things all change for the better for you.

helenb
10-07-2014, 01:40 PM
I get scared of dying when I let close minded people get into my head.

When I am at one with myself and my beliefs, I know that there is an existence after death. When I'm in this state of mind, not scared :)

OftheSun
13-07-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm not scared of the process of dying. I had an NDE 25 years ago, and the dying bit was fine.

The method of death, yeah I definitely have my preferences, funny you mentioned bear attack, that's one' of them, I am phobic of bears. lol.

Generally I've not been afraid of the "being dead" part. I don't believe in an afterlife, which apparently is unusual for someone who's had an NDE, but there it is.

However lately, I have had some fear of death, and it's sort of disturbed me. Not sure where it's coming from.

I think part of it is approaching the age of 50 and dealing with the physical reality of aging and the fact that death is drawing nearer. Part of it is wanting to get my "estate" in order so it won't be a pain for whomever I leave behind to deal with. I've also watched some friends and acquaitences go through some difficult terminal illnesses in the past few years, and that process is one I'd like to avoid.

And there are some things I am sorry to leave behind, some things I truly enjoy about life, primarily the Sun.

LadyMay
13-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Generally I've not been afraid of the "being dead" part. I don't believe in an afterlife, which apparently is unusual for someone who's had an NDE, but there it is.

That's interesting. Can you explain more, like your reasons for not believing despite your experience, ect?

Morpheus
14-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not scared of the process of dying. I had an NDE 25 years ago, and the dying bit was fine.

The method of death, yeah I definitely have my preferences, funny you mentioned bear attack, that's one' of them, I am phobic of bears. lol.

However lately, I have had some fear of death, and it's sort of disturbed me. Not sure where it's coming from.

I think part of it is approaching the age of 50 and dealing with the physical reality of aging and the fact that death is drawing nearer. Part of it is wanting to get my "estate" in order so it won't be a pain for whomever I leave behind to deal with. I've also watched some friends and acquaitences go through some difficult terminal illnesses in the past few years, and that process is one I'd like to avoid.

And there are some things I am sorry to leave behind, some things I truly enjoy about life, primarily the Sun.

We are to understand that the Earth is but an image of what lies beyond which is greater. Including Light.

That in fact, this material realm is "Frozen Light"

In this limited, temporary organic spectrum, we have within us the "Survival Instinct", even though we are to understand that beyond this spectrum, we survive. That we are Spirit. That, Life is much more.

How much negativity, war, crime and violence is committed due to the survival instinct, do you feel, on this planet?

I'm asking.

OftheSun
14-07-2014, 05:51 PM
We are to understand that the Earth is but an image of what lies beyond which is greater. Including Light.

In this limited, temporary organic spectrum, we have within us the "Survival Instinct", even though we are to understand that beyond this spectrum, we survive. That we are Spirit. That, Life is much more.

How much negativity, war, crime and violence is committed due to the survival instinct, do you feel, on this planet?

I'm asking.

I think we all have different talents, understandings and experiences. I don't know why, but from what I have seen and known of people and the Universe that seems to be the case.

I honestly do not think that we are all from the same place, experiencing the same place or headed for the same place.

It appears that there are a variety of metaphysical planes (physical too most likely, but I've only been on this one). I don't have enough understanding to assign terms like higher or lower etc to them, but it's clear to me that people are in all different places metaphysically.

I have no reason to doubt people when they speak of their own experience and knowing. The majority of them have no reason to lie or misrepresent their beliefs and experience. I don't doubt my own either.

I am a product of evolution, a function of the Universe. Though many people experience themselves as a soul wearing (or some even refer to it as trapped) in a body, I don't know myself as such. My consciousness and my body are one, a whole. What happens to one, happens to the other. That is my experience of life. Everything I experience and know fits that reality. I have a survival instinct, like most living things.

Have painful things happen as the result of survival instincts? Yup, all the time, every day, among all the species capable of feeling pain and fear. That seems to be the way of the world. I am not ultimately more valuable than anyone or anything else, so I have to deal with my share as well, whether I like it or not. it is the way of things...for me.

Others, very clearly have a vastly different understanding and experience and all of their experiences fit into that understanding. They are on a different plane.

I don't see why, if our life/physical experiences are so vastly different, and our spiritual experiences are so vastly different, that our after life experiences would not likewise be so.

But ultimately I don't know. I can't know. That is not something evolution programmed into me. Apparently other people have that function, talent, or spiritual connection that I do not have. And I am guessing they will continue to have it, and I will continue to not have it.

It also makes no sense TO ME (as in it may make sense that I am incapable of understanding) why this physical earth, universe, body if the whole point of everything is spiritual. If I am supposed to spend my time on this earthly life trying to overcome this earthly life...my head cannot wrap around that one. it can't wrap around calculus either, so again, I have to say I don't know, but I do trust the Universe which brought me forth, gave me what I am likely to need to serve my function...processing matter and energy (at least that is what it looks like to me). And if I have not been equipped for that task, well, actually that seems like an impossibility. I am a function of the Universe and that function will be served, pretty much end of story.

My brain does have a function (among many) that is what I understand to be spiritual, but for me, it's not a connection to the supernatural. It does have to do with my connectedness to all that is, and my understanding of my role in it, and my appreciation of it all. I experience tremendous awe at the Universe as I know it.

Also, the Universe is not a thing, it's an event. I too am an event as part of it. It's not some static physical thing that is a stage for a spiritual experience. That is how I know it to be, your mileage may vary.

I appreciate you asking the question and I hope my reply made some sense.

LC2488
14-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Im not afraid of dying. Maybe staring down it woulld get to me as I'd realize these are literally my final moments here. But I look forward to the transition. For me, I view heading back to the spirit world for me like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning. If there's anything that scares me, it's how long I have to wait till death. I know many don't want to know when it's their time. But I would as my mind constantly wonders when that time will be. I only want to be here for a short period (only 21). I rather be given the heads up. In fact, I could've been dead as recent as August of last year after nearly drowning at a water park. I remember being in the water and thinking this could be it. Then my friend came in for the save. But I wasn't prepared then. At that time, I didn't know if anything happened after death.

Native spirit
14-07-2014, 09:27 PM
:confused: What is to fear about something that doesn't excist there is no death only eternal life.your body dies but your soul does not it carries on.i am a medium and I speak to many people in spirit who are happy now they have crossed over.because its nothing like they thought it would be.i have had a few NDE also and each time my grandmother has told me to go back as it wasn't my time,there is no war no conflict only beauty and peace.im looking forward to going home.so no I do not fear death at all.

Namaste

Lisbet
15-07-2014, 01:44 AM
I'm not afraid of the process of dying (though I dread the idea of being terribly uncomfortable and miserable there) but I'm quite good and scared of the after physical death part. As a child I obsessed over death all the time before bed. I no longer obsess or worry about dying at every turn and I no longer fear the concept of "ceasing to exist" like I once did. But I am deeply afraid of much worse things happening to me when I do think of this question. I haven't had a nde, but with experience with the astral I am terrified of being lost or stuck in a horrible state, afraid anxiety and panic are still quite plausible on the other side. I also have never had someone close to me die, so I don't see anyone over there waiting to help or guide or comfort me out there. I'm afraid of having no tether to anything good over there. Maybe it's a far scarier place than I can imagine.

Lisbet
15-07-2014, 01:54 AM
I once visited a dead friend in a dream though (I didn't know her well, but really related with her deeply when I did know her in life). She was so lost and lonely. Kind of numb when I saw her. She wasn't aware that she was dead because of the sudden and unexpected death. Well, it was a rather lonely existence. I don't know what her journey on the other side was like or where it took her because I only had two brief glimpses, but I imagine it wasn't easy coming to terms with what happened. Months later I did dream of her very happy and on a bus somewhere though. So I do know she was okay at that point. Still, it opened my eyes a bit to how one can manifest in the astral, and just be lost in a dream. But I just know there is much worse there as well. Some beings are so lost they never find their way, never reincarnate or follow their intended path. And there is the possibility of being stuck in "hell" of sorts. Like being stuck in a panic attack. I know this is all very negative thinking, but I really feel my soul has been caught in these types of circumstances between lives, because I came into this life with fears like these. How could I ever make sure I was in a good place at my time of death? I'm afraid that dying badly could mean a bad time after death as well. Am I paranoid, or what?

Morpheus
31-07-2014, 12:49 AM

I'm asking.

Parhamensa Yogananda, author of, "Autobiography of a Yogi"

Death is only an experience in which you are meant to learn a great lesson. You cannot die."

Eliab_ben_B
03-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Not exactly afraid of being dead as it were , but i do have some apprehension about the process of re-entering that afterlife ....

and perhaps some apprehension of the next life i may be born into ! ... lol

Shalom ... Eliab.

aubreyiris
05-08-2014, 06:23 PM
well, I think you only have to be scared if you are a bad person and have hell of karma waiting on the other side. That would suck. I heard an NDE from a former pimp and drug dealer. He had a pretty hellish experience (pun intended), but it made him turn his life around when he was given a second chance. I have had one NDE and dying wasn't scary at all, although the life flashing before the eyes thing was pretty intense. I was seeing my life as my spirit had seen it and it was intensely painful experiencing that unfiltered emotion. What I experienced was not that I had ever really intentionally hurt someone else, but that I was constantly hurting myself.. I saw how incredibly self destructive my thought process was and how I let myself believe every bit of negativity that was thrown at me and how my thoughts had been slowly destroying me. I then saw myself as a god sees me, with pure love. I saw what a precious being I am and that I am loved and I am worthy of love. Needless to say that experience changed me so much. Now no matter how cruel others can be to me at times, I keep that love inside of me. I never let their belief that I am not precious, change my knowing that I am and I'm also able to see the preciousness of others so much more clearly, even if they can't see it. Another part of it after that was going into the light. Oh my. Lord. I have craved for that so much since thing. You don't know. The bliss. Going into that golden white light and realizing that I've always been a part of it and everyone and everything is a part of it and we are all one beautiful brilliant being, and then forgetting everyone and everything and all thought, and just letting go and becoming that light. Feeling all of the particles of my being dissipate and become that ever peaceful, ever silent, ever blissful body of light. Man, that was very hard to come back from. I did not want to come back from that. I sometimes think about how short life is in the scheme of things and that I just have to be patient and get through one day at a time and soon I'll be there again.

aubreyiris
05-08-2014, 06:23 PM
well, I think you only have to be scared if you are a bad person and have hell of karma waiting on the other side. That would suck. I heard an NDE from a former pimp and drug dealer. He had a pretty hellish experience (pun intended), but it made him turn his life around when he was given a second chance. I have had one NDE and dying wasn't scary at all, although the life flashing before the eyes thing was pretty intense. I was seeing my life as my spirit had seen it and it was intensely painful experiencing that unfiltered emotion. What I experienced was not that I had ever really intentionally hurt someone else, but that I was constantly hurting myself.. I saw how incredibly self destructive my thought process was and how I let myself believe every bit of negativity that was thrown at me and how my thoughts had been slowly destroying me. I then saw myself as God/Buddha ect.. sees me, with pure love. I saw what a precious being I am and that I am loved and I am worthy of love. Needless to say that experience changed me so much. Now no matter how cruel others can be to me at times, I keep that love inside of me. I never let their belief that I am not precious, change my knowing that I am and I'm also able to see the preciousness of others so much more clearly, even if they can't see it. Another part of it after that was going into the light. Oh my. Lord. I have craved for that so much since then. You don't know. The bliss. Going into that golden white light and realizing that I've always been a part of it and everyone and everything is a part of it and we are all one beautiful brilliant being, and then forgetting everyone and everything and all thought, and just letting go and becoming that light. Feeling all of the particles of my being dissipate and become that ever peaceful, ever silent, ever blissful body of light. Man, that was very hard to come back from. I did not want to come back from that. I sometimes think about how short life is in the scheme of things and that I just have to be patient and get through one day at a time and soon I'll be there again.

aubreyiris
05-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I once visited a dead friend in a dream though (I didn't know her well, but really related with her deeply when I did know her in life). She was so lost and lonely. Kind of numb when I saw her. She wasn't aware that she was dead because of the sudden and unexpected death. Well, it was a rather lonely existence. I don't know what her journey on the other side was like or where it took her because I only had two brief glimpses, but I imagine it wasn't easy coming to terms with what happened. Months later I did dream of her very happy and on a bus somewhere though. So I do know she was okay at that point. Still, it opened my eyes a bit to how one can manifest in the astral, and just be lost in a dream. But I just know there is much worse there as well. Some beings are so lost they never find their way, never reincarnate or follow their intended path. And there is the possibility of being stuck in "hell" of sorts. Like being stuck in a panic attack. I know this is all very negative thinking, but I really feel my soul has been caught in these types of circumstances between lives, because I came into this life with fears like these. How could I ever make sure I was in a good place at my time of death? I'm afraid that dying badly could mean a bad time after death as well. Am I paranoid, or what?

i know what you mean. I'm pretty sure that I spent a good deal of time as a ghost in the past. I have dreamed about it a lot. I even know the house I was in and in what area ect... It was a big White House in Virginia, and I had died and I was trapped there as a ghost for a long time, only I didn't know I was dead or that I was a ghost. I felt so frightened and alone and angry and very confused and disoriented. I felt very scared and angry about the people in the house. They seemed like ghosts to me. There was also some kind of very dark demonic being in the attic that I had to live with. She was like a witch. I think she had something to do with why I was stuck there. I was incredibly frightened of her. Anyhow, being a ghost sucks big time. Its really scary. Thankfully, I somehow managed to get out of that situation. I think it may be the reason why I have a strong aversion to materialism in this life. I buy used cloths and don't have or want nice things. I think that sometimes people become ghosts because they are so attached to material possessions that they don't want to leave them. I think having strong faith in the Divine and a very positive and loving outlook on life also prevents such things from happening. I'm glad that I don't dream about this anymore. I would wake up with a heart racing and crying and breathing hard. It was really so bad.

Mystica
22-08-2014, 12:20 AM
The more I age, the less scared I am.

In fact, I kinda like the idea that my life will be over one day. I don't mind when it happens, any time will be good. I think at some point I reach the moment where I will say: okay, I am done here. I am tired. It's time to go.

Ritree
22-08-2014, 12:24 AM
I'm scare of dying a painful and lonely death.

tmsmem
22-08-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm not scared of dying, I am just scared it will hurt, like dying from an accident or something. I pray it's a painless death..

PilotOfTime
22-08-2014, 12:38 AM
To be honest, I don't think "scared" is the correct word for me. I'm definitely not anxious to leave my family and friends behind, but I don't fear moving on as much as I used to.
I had a dream a little while back where I helped a man around my age cross over. He was so terrified and shaking; all I remember is hugging him, telling him that he is loved and everything will be okay, then saying that he will be happy when he "gets back home" and sees his family again.
I think, in all seriousness, that I had this dream for a reason. Since then, I haven't been afraid of death. I've actually looked forward to it: I feel "homesick" in my own home and I am truly excited to go back to wherever I'm headed.
Is that weird? (shrugs) :)

Morpheus
25-08-2014, 04:14 AM
After decades of research, neurophysiologist Dr. Karl Pribram concludes that consciousness is not strictly located in the physical brain, and what we consider reality, is but a frequency domain;
a symphony of waveform interpreted by the brain into what we see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Re: The Holographic Universe

seanssf
02-09-2014, 02:25 PM
I used to fear death, how i was going to die and when it would come, but now there is no reason for the fear as its only driven by ego which can be overcome by just pure love

Morpheus
02-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Amen sean.

"He has not given us the Spirit of fear, but one of love, and a sound mind."

This is the Word of the Lord.

I'm scare of dying a painful and lonely death.

Are you alone, Ritree? Do you have churches around you? Church, you know, is about community. We are all in the same boat here, in this sphere and life.

Church also is the original, "Group Therapy", which can be very helpful.

well, I think you only have to be scared if you are a bad person and have hell of karma waiting on the other side. That would suck. I heard an NDE from a former pimp and drug dealer. He had a pretty hellish experience (pun intended), but it made him turn his life around when he was given a second chance. I have had one NDE and dying wasn't scary at all, although the life flashing before the eyes thing was pretty intense. I was seeing my life as my spirit had seen it and it was intensely painful experiencing that unfiltered emotion. What I experienced was not that I had ever really intentionally hurt someone else, but that I was constantly hurting myself.. I saw how incredibly self destructive my thought process was and how I let myself believe every bit of negativity that was thrown at me and how my thoughts had been slowly destroying me. I then saw myself as God/Buddha ect.. sees me, with pure love. I saw what a precious being I am and that I am loved and I am worthy of love.
Needless to say that experience changed me so much. Now no matter how cruel others can be to me at times, I keep that love inside of me. I never let their belief that I am not precious, change my knowing that I am and I'm also able to see the preciousness of others so much more clearly, even if they can't see it. Another part of it after that was going into the light. Oh my. Lord. I have craved for that so much since then. You don't know. The bliss. Going into that golden white light and realizing that I've always been a part of it and everyone and everything is a part of it and we are all one beautiful brilliant being, and then forgetting everyone and everything and all thought, and just letting go and becoming that light. Feeling all of the particles of my being dissipate and become that ever peaceful, ever silent, ever blissful body of light. Man, that was very hard to come back from. I did not want to come back from that. I sometimes think about how short life is in the scheme of things and that I just have to be patient and get through one day at a time and soon I'll be there again.

Great post aubrey!

In Christisanity, "Salvation" is about God's love for us. About the intent of His heart towards us, and His Love.

He has extended His Love, His Grace, and His mercy. Proving it to the recipient, in the appearance of Christ in the world, and His work on our behalf.

Are you aware of St. Paul's NDE, as related in scripture? Curious.

Spectral1212
16-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Im not afraid of dying. Maybe staring down it woulld get to me as I'd realize these are literally my final moments here. But I look forward to the transition. For me, I view heading back to the spirit world for me like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning. If there's anything that scares me, it's how long I have to wait till death. I know many don't want to know when it's their time. But I would as my mind constantly wonders when that time will be. I only want to be here for a short period (only 21). I rather be given the heads up. In fact, I could've been dead as recent as August of last year after nearly drowning at a water park. I remember being in the water and thinking this could be it. Then my friend came in for the save. But I wasn't prepared then. At that time, I didn't know if anything happened after death.

Interesting post, I completely have the same viewpoint and I DID want to know when I would die. I went to a very reliable psychic who I have been to 3 times. The first time was over 2 decades ago and she predicted my life 20 years in the future to a staggering degree. I asked her very recently if she believes in fate or if certain things change and she said that some events and meetings can change but the date of death cannot. I have no fear, as you said, what worries me is the years between now and when I finally return to the spirit world. And I worry about the physical pain I might endure. And just my luck, she told me I would live to my early 90s. :)

redstone
16-04-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm not scared of dying as I don't really feel I own anything, I don't cling on to things so it feels like stepping out in to something other for me.

I watched a few things by Dr Bruce Greyson about NDE's and other brain activity that science can't seem to explain away, is consciousness produced by the brain was one of the talks he gave on youtube which was interesting.

birds
16-04-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm not afraid. I feel there is something awaiting.

Shinsoo
18-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Nope. Only thing that crosses my mind on rare occasion, is -how- I would die. That bugs me a little, cause you never really know. I mean, death itself doesn't bother me otherwise that much.

Miss Hepburn
18-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Scared? I haven't been scared since I wanted to move on in the 70s....
However, when faced with it on the T in Boston in '79...
surrounded in flames and the subway filling with smoke
watching the people in the
compartment ahead kicking out the windows and panicking/ jumping far
down onto the ground (no platform) like Eyewitness News...
My heart was pounding!
Where was all my 'accepting and wanting to be on the Other Side'
THEN?

Man did instinct kick in!

Octy
18-04-2015, 03:51 AM
Yes. But perhaps that is because I am a new soul here on earth??? Have no memory of past lives. That said. In short, the answer is YES

H:O:R:A:C:E
18-04-2015, 05:25 AM
thanks for this opportunity to say something on my mind.

Benjamin Franklin:
In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

i find this idea to be disempowering, and therefore i reject it.

i came to the realization recently that i am like Schrödinger's Cat,
both living and dead simultaneously. here's a short clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYyCHGWJq4

i think the resolution to the situation rests on choice.
instead of waiting for fate to decide for us, we need to become
empowered in such a way as to be able to make that choice.
choosing to remain in the birth/death cycles of karmic reincarnation
may indeed be a viable option... but the power of choice is sacrosanct.

i'd like to point out that all joy and fulfilment reside within the sphere of life.

Smile it's just me
18-04-2015, 07:16 AM
I've had several NDEs...one peaceful, one from an abuser, and one that looked very painful but I felt nothing...

I have no fear of dying nor the process leading up to it.

Sisyphus
18-04-2015, 08:57 AM
I believe that no one can ever be sure of that to which we are not sure about. Of course we have our own beliefs that are without question true to each of us, until our lives take another turn, suddenly what was once a certain truth no longer has this hold.

I am not afraid of dying. Of course how I die would be a matter of choice in some circumstances, but more so I wonder if anyone had dared to venture to a place within themselves, where the eternal unanswered question about where we ‘finally ‘end up after our passing had been explored?

Hypothetically speaking, let’s say for instance we believe there is a heaven we pass onto, how can we be certain this is eternity? That heaven itself isn’t forever? Is it possibly a belief we created that heaven is this way.

Then we find from heaven too there is an order in things that we at some point move on from. to we arrive at another place we believe is eternity, we arrive there and find here too is not forever, we move on. Where then is the ‘final’ resting place? And the eternal haunting question of what eventually becomes of us?

We can never be sure of anything, we will always create our own solid beliefs that seem unshakable and unquestionable in our lives, but eventually we can only surrender to accept to be taken along with the flow of what is.

To many completely surrendering to what is, is overcoming life and accepting the enjoyment of life now offered.

I believe each and every person somewhere has this feeling deep down, no matter how minute the awareness, no matter how much we may fight against this with the life we created, that there will always be a minute thought that creates an immeasurable fear that has led to our own creation of everything that we are and believe.

Death is inevitable. It is the order of things. ‘How life has been lived leads to how death is accepted’.

Frog Warrior, you may find comfort in exploring the vision that you won’t be the only boat with a lantern crossing the vast sea, there will be very many others floating their boats and lanterns around you too.
Looking around you from your boat you begin to sense and feel you are not alone, isolated or afraid anymore, as you see others look across to you as well.

But when the time comes for us all to sail, you may feel with a serene contentment knowing all this love surrounding us goes with each one of us as a mass of lights together.

19-04-2015, 05:09 AM
Sisyphus, most of your post is rather 'uplifting',
but i take exception to this bit:
Death is inevitable. It is the order of things.
i do not believe that this is true.
God is the author of Life; there is no author of death.

peace to you, H:O:R:A:C:E

Sisyphus
19-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Sisyphus, most of your post is rather 'uplifting',
but i take exception to this bit:

i do not believe that this is true.
God is the author of Life; there is no author of death.

peace to you, H:O:R:A:C:E

I refer to the human body. It is inevitable that the human body will cease. No matter how much the human race tries to disassociate with this reality, the act of the human body ceasing to exist will always be the order of things.

22-04-2015, 05:53 AM

I refer to the human body. It is inevitable that the human body will cease. No matter how much the human race tries to disassociate with this reality, the act of the human body ceasing to exist will always be the order of things.

I AM BODY.
I AM LIFE.
I AM not required to follow some set of rules which were designed to disempower me.
no matter how much the human race tries to dissociate with this reality, truth is true and death holds no power over life.

26-04-2015, 01:08 AM
on several occasions, i've had the "honor" of making the last post on a thread.
i'm never really happy about it; i don't need the "last word", and i don't like to feel like a chat killer (lol).
i'm especially disheartened that i've had the last post in this thread.
it feels as if no one has understood the sentiments i'd attempted to express.

in rereading the Sisyphus post (#37), i realize that virtually none of it is "uplifting". it strikes me as a defeatist philosophy.

the ideas that i would like to share include the thought of choice being empowerment.
if we surrender choice to "other", be it "providence" or whatever,
we have abandoned our empowerment.
also, it is my feeling that our power(s) of choice are intrinsic to our identities...
it is an important feature of our very being.

is there anyone out there who has a similar understanding of things?

Sisyphus
26-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Hello H:O:R:A:C:E

I believe that everyone will forever have their own truth of what is true, that this belief of truth to each one of us may certainly be unshakable and unquestionable.

Yet beyond all our truths the seed of questioning and doubt deep within each one of us will always struggle to find light to grow.

What we do find in this world can only be valued as we believe will fit our unending hunger for truth, to somehow fill the void with which we may never fill until our passing from this life, even then we will no longer be driven to seek the lifelong questions, for that I believe the ego is always asking, when the ego no longer exits there will be will more questions to ask.

I liked your view where you mentioned considering my post as a defeatist philosophy as I felt empowerment seems to be most important to you.

I could see where the different aspects of views could be challenging and where we could certainly have an interesting discussion.

I would consider my post to be more realist leading to an acceptance of what is. To me acceptance has been the most powerful realisation upon my own life, which has lead to me to be open with my thoughts and views, to me this is empowerment.

It was interesting as you initially considered my post as ‘uplifting’, yet upon reflection felt a ‘defeatist’ view. Part of me felt you had found at that initial moment a moment of freedom, and then maybe experiencing a fear of freedom in this way may have retracted you back to the safety of seeking a form of empowerment, which may have left you experiencing the post as defeating.
It would be interesting to know what had made you feel different from the first feeling you had as ‘uplifting’?

I liked your comment ‘If we surrender choice, we have abandoned our empowerment.’ Could you expand more your thoughts on this?

I also noticed that on 3 posts you had replied, the 3 quotes shown referred to ‘Death is certain’, ‘Death in inevitable’ & ‘the human body will cease to exist’. For me I don’t’ feel these sorts of quotes are designed to be disempowering, unless there is a fear of death.

I do refrain from exploring death too deeply and to challenge beliefs from the core, where this core for many could be strongly protected and may have been for many years. But I believe this is where freedom lies, at times maybe this self protection ironically can be the source of blockage against finding a truth, acceptance and freedom in life.

Through our weakness we find strengths.

Apologies if I had not replied to your last post, I felt you where making a summary statement. Sometimes for me a statement expressed in this way is the person summarising all that they are and will be. Your belief seemed too perfect and precious to you to debate and was nice to close the post with.

But from what I have read from your replies in this post have been quite interesting.

Before I was about to finish my post, something just came to mind I wished to say about your comment, I hope you will take with a touch of humour;:smile:

‘You have never been happy making the last post on a thread and it makes you feel disheartened to have the last post’ I feel you wish for this post to go on as I’m sure it will.

But you know H:O:R:A:C:E at some point “all things have to come to an end” :wink:

Take Care

28-04-2015, 12:07 AM
thanks for responding Sisyphus... i had considered hijacking this thread and making it about cupcakes.
i figure that i had described your earlier post as "[for the most part] uplifting",
because i'd wanted it to be. on later rereading, i didn't place any expectations into it... i let it speak for itself.

much "enlightened" wisdom preaches the inevitability of death.
the wisdom of spirit.
for spirits who are visiting this world, perhaps it IS inevitable that they
have a death experience.
but what about for "native spirits"? Source doesn't need to die in order to reestablish connection to Source.
i sorta think i've overheard some conversations that weren't meant for me...
sorry about that.

on to another point: "I would consider my post to be more realist leading to an acceptance of what is." what is. what is.
Life is. the prospect of death is to be... something unmanifest (in fact, it is the process of unmanifesting, is it not?).

Choice is what power is. [it ain't money]
i suppose i could "expand" upon the idea, but isn't it rather obvious?

you've sorta mishmashed my sentiments, creating a quote and attributing it to me. maybe i have been happy to get the last word in on occasion, but in this forum, i've not wanted to demand the "final say" on a topic... also, there have been times where i'd felt like "hey, where did everyone go?".

“all things have to come to an end” is a common thought. that line, or something similar has been used many times. it's not true. a circle is a thing.
maybe the phrase “all things have to come to an end” has to come to an end?
[or maybe it doesn't; we can choose]

again, thanks so much for replying :smile:

rainbow.sprinkles
28-04-2015, 12:13 AM
I feel like dying is probably a lot like going to sleep, and I love going to sleep! so no, I'm not scared of dying. if I were to get in an accident, I'd be far more scared of being seriously injured, and in pain, and in the hospital, than of just dying. I don't WANT to die, because I have so much left to experience, and if I was dying, I would just be sad about everything I was going to miss, rather than being scared about dying.

28-04-2015, 06:44 AM
you make good points rainbow.sprinkles.
for me, the prospect of suffering is the "scary thing".
death itself is sort of like a doorway, a transition from one
place to another. people can be apprehensive when they enter
a new place... but it happens all the time... who wants to be
fearful 24/7?
every new moment would bring fear, if we allowed that.

what i've typically conceived death to mean (when people speak of it),
is "cessation of being". for someone to "inform" me that it is necessary
that i no longer exist is an affront to my sense of well-being.
to "inform" me that i have no options, that i must conform to some preordained plan which
requires me to expire... seems unloving and i want none of it!

29-04-2015, 05:36 AM
I think I'm not scared of dying up until the point where I'm at the edge, then I get a bit scared. I don't know how harsh the dying process will be. Getting mauled by a bear would be a harsh way to go, I'd be terrified of that but even the idea of heart failure gets me a bit scared. However, the other night I got an idea of what happens with bradycardia, you just fall unconscious when the oxygenated blood stops reaching the brain, I've got borderline bradycardia and when the heart beats slowly like that you get drowsy and slip into sleep paralysis easily. Its actually pretty relaxing. I got skimmed by a car years ago and nearly bled to death, thats another easy way to go. Have you come close at any point yourself, if so what was it like?

i suppose you could say that fear is a choice.
changes are, or can be uncomfortable (because we need to acclimate),
but even going from the kitchen to the dining room can be thought of as a death...
my experience of the kitchen dies as i begin an experience in the dining room. there's no need to fear these changes.

i have been close to death... sort of. i survived an incident (without any ill effect) that should, logically have caused death.
at that time, i felt the presence of the mother goddess who said: "well don't you feel silly now.?"

29-04-2015, 08:12 PM
somewhere, someone told a story in which death was involved.
it has become a commonly held belief that death is inevitable...
this amounts to the ultimate acceptance of our well-being being something
in which we have no say whatsoever. the rule is: you must die... there
is no appeal. this belief is disempowering, and it is unloving... it is NOT
an idea that is supported by a loving creator.

this thread is now about cupcakes.

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/60787-Cupcakes-.gif?1

Taokuoh
29-04-2015, 09:21 PM
With me I believe once I actually Astral Project and see the real thing, then I will not be so afraid of dying. Death isn't something I constantly ponder about though. I usually think of other people's deaths instead my own. Pisces: we get emotionally attached to people we care about the most.

Sisyphus
29-04-2015, 09:38 PM
once I actually Astral Project and see the real thing, then I will not be so afraid of dying.

I agree Taokouh. I used to deeply Astral project, each time pushing the boundaries deeper, which had taken me to places I couldn't even imagine. My astral projection experience 'contributed' to my exploration and acceptance of death.

For me experiencing resulted in an immense sense of truth,peace and contentment that words cannot describe.

Astral projection/travelling may be different for others with different experiences, I believed the key was to practice to explore as deeply as possible without fear, a boundary was then crossed through and for me this was a place that contributed to a knowingness where all death when passing over doesn't exist.

Taokuoh
29-04-2015, 09:47 PM
I agree Taokouh. I used to deeply Astral project, each time pushing the boundaries deeper, which had taken me to places I couldn't even imagine. My astral projection experience 'contributed' to my exploration and acceptance of death.

For me experiencing resulted in an immense sense of truth,peace and contentment that words cannot describe.

Astral projection/travelling may be different for others with different experiences, I believed the key was to practice to explore as deeply as possible without fear, a boundary was then crossed through and for me this was a place that contributed to a knowingness where all death when passing over doesn't exist.

I'd be interested in having a further conversation with you, perhaps you could give me some tips on how to actually Astral Project. I'm not so sure what I'm supposed to do to reach this state. I've read that you have to not think about Astral Projecting and it will happen.

Sisyphus
29-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I've read that you have to not think about Astral Projecting and it will happen.

Too much of yourself means less of allowing the flow out into the astral connection. So yes I agree about not thinking about astral experiences.

In my experience it does take time and practice, practice and practice by allowing yourself to rest as deeply as you can but maintaining an observatory awareness. The line between these is so fine its so easy to slip between in and out of both states. A frustration may flow in which should be observed for release.

Everyone may have different experiences and ways of flowing out, but what I can say is that time and patience is a definite must. Allow yourself to just be, to be the observer and let any anxiety or fear leave you which at times can be subtle blocks to your awareness of flowing into the astral connection..... Just 'be' you should begin to sense a very subtle lift.

Feel free to inbox me with a complete detailed experience of how far you have got, your thoughts, feelings, physical sensations, any observations etc. Take your time reflecting and explaining as with each moment is significant to the shift. I shall offer insight if I can, as your experience is unique to you.

I expect you may already be aware that anyone with any level of mental health considerations should consider not attempting astral projections. Not saying you do but its always a frequent heading.

Other members astral travelling may also have some advice for you on this or consider looking up astral projection/travelling on this forum.

(Apologies Frogwarrior slightly off topic for a moment there).

Taokuoh
29-04-2015, 10:26 PM
I will, and I assure you I don't have any mental health issues. But thanks for looking out for me. I will drop you a PM of close experiences I have had.

30-04-2015, 07:00 AM
omg! i had just posted on a thread speaking of astral projection,
before i checked back here. in that thread, there was discussion
of scary stuff. i figure that securing your own sense of safety
(for whomever may contemplate AP) beforehand is a sensible
course of action... unless a fear experience is desired i suppose.

feel free to do as you like (everyone), i'll be munching on cupcakes.
:smile:

01-05-2015, 02:57 AM
Hello H:O:R:A:C:E

I believe that everyone will forever have their own truth of what is true, that this belief of truth to each one of us may certainly be unshakable and unquestionable.

Yet beyond all our truths the seed of questioning and doubt deep within each one of us will always struggle to find light to grow.
i believe that each perceiver has their own perspective; a unique vantage point. i do not believe that all perceivers (need to) have a seed of questioning and doubt. in fact, i KNOW that there are places without any shade of doubt... certainty exists! also, there is no (logical) need for "struggle" to be involved in every case that might involve a "seed of questioning".

What we do find in this world can only be valued as we believe will fit our unending hunger for truth, to somehow fill the void with which we may never fill until our passing from this life, even then we will no longer be driven to seek the lifelong questions, for that I believe the ego is always asking, when the ego no longer exits there will be will more questions to ask.
meaning no offense, i confess that this passage is ... nearly incomprehensible.

I liked your view where you mentioned considering my post as a defeatist philosophy as I felt empowerment seems to be most important to you.

I could see where the different aspects of views could be challenging and where we could certainly have an interesting discussion.

I would consider my post to be more realist leading to an acceptance of what is. To me acceptance has been the most powerful realisation upon my own life, which has lead to me to be open with my thoughts and views, to me this is empowerment.
the issue of empowerment is indeed of importance to me. what i would like is to find some people who are not willing to surrender their personal welfare over to "other". i would like to encounter peers.
it is touching that you have opened some deeply personal and meaningful experiences of yours (in a nonspecific way)... i honor your offerings. :smile:

It was interesting as you initially considered my post as ‘uplifting’, yet upon reflection felt a ‘defeatist’ view. Part of me felt you had found at that initial moment a moment of freedom, and then maybe experiencing a fear of freedom in this way may have retracted you back to the safety of seeking a form of empowerment, which may have left you experiencing the post as defeating.
It would be interesting to know what had made you feel different from the first feeling you had as ‘uplifting’?
i attempted to answer this earlier. to expound a bit further: on my original reading, i was "coming from a good place" and most of what i saw was useful for something 'inspirational'... except the main point was a total downer it seemed. when i reread it, the majority was basically filler, and the main point of the post came through (even) more clearly. forgive me if i missed your intentions, but the meaning of that post was (as i'd seen it): you the reader of this post, are a being who must die. this was not it's overt message, but it's buried meaning (as i'd seen it) i can look again if you'd like.

I liked your comment ‘If we surrender choice, we have abandoned our empowerment.’ Could you expand more your thoughts on this?
this is obvious to me. imagine 4 people in a car; one wants to go to the candy store, one wants to go, one wants to go mini-golfing, one wants to go to the beach, one wants to go home. the choice that matters is the one the driver makes. if you are in the back seat, your "choice" amounts to a suggestion... true choice entails the power to make something happen, without choice, there is no power. is this a debatable question? is there confusion or doubt about this concept?

I also noticed that on 3 posts you had replied, the 3 quotes shown referred to ‘Death is certain’, ‘Death in inevitable’ & ‘the human body will cease to exist’. For me I don’t’ feel these sorts of quotes are designed to be disempowering, unless there is a fear of death.
the health of a being is ... important. death is the ultimate non-healthy circumstance... i would argue that death severs a being from being. (a dead duck is truly NOT a duck - it is an object that was at one time a duck)
for a being to be required [by some rule the universe??] that it must cease being at some point is... disempowering, inarguably. the choice has been made by "other".

I do refrain from exploring death too deeply and to challenge beliefs from the core, where this core for many could be strongly protected and may have been for many years. But I believe this is where freedom lies, at times maybe this self protection ironically can be the source of blockage against finding a truth, acceptance and freedom in life.

Through our weakness we find strengths.

Apologies if I had not replied to your last post, I felt you where making a summary statement. Sometimes for me a statement expressed in this way is the person summarising all that they are and will be. Your belief seemed too perfect and precious to you to debate and was nice to close the post with.

But from what I have read from your replies in this post have been quite interesting.

Before I was about to finish my post, something just came to mind I wished to say about your comment, I hope you will take with a touch of humour;:smile:

‘You have never been happy making the last post on a thread and it makes you feel disheartened to have the last post’ I feel you wish for this post to go on as I’m sure it will.

But you know H:O:R:A:C:E at some point “all things have to come to an end” :wink:

Take Care

"Through our weakness we find strengths."
the tricksters have convinced some minds that their strengths are weaknesses. Emotions are judged against... but they can inform.
forgiveness is described as weak, but it is Love at its most basic expression.
Love is everything. (in my opinion)

metal68
01-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Death is frightening as it is the unknown; no one has died and come back, irrespective of NDE or astral projection stories, at best they are very close to death but not the actual event. Humans are right to fear the unknown especially one of that magnitude!

02-05-2015, 04:11 AM
metal68, unknown things aren't intrinsically fear inducing.
todays price for milk may be 2 cents higher... no big deal.
there are ways to KNOW what you face in regards to the "transition"...
your "higher self" can provide the answers (or angels, spirit guides, etc).
also, fear does not need to be paralyzing... it can be an invitaion for you
to do some investigations (so that the object of fear is no longer an unknown for you).

i wanna ask you to consider which feeling you prefer: fear or love.
if it's love (of course it is), investigate the subject from that sensibility.
see what conclusions you can come to when you start from peace and love.

wolfgaze
08-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Not anymore.... Looking forward to making the transition and finding out what awaits me....

metal68
19-07-2015, 05:44 PM
metal68, unknown things aren't intrinsically fear inducing.
todays price for milk may be 2 cents higher... no big deal.
there are ways to KNOW what you face in regards to the "transition"...
your "higher self" can provide the answers (or angels, spirit guides, etc).
also, fear does not need to be paralyzing... it can be an invitaion for you
to do some investigations (so that the object of fear is no longer an unknown for you).

i wanna ask you to consider which feeling you prefer: fear or love.
if it's love (of course it is), investigate the subject from that sensibility.
see what conclusions you can come to when you start from peace and love.

Wise words, I seem to have live most of my life in fear:icon_frown:

Sisyphus
19-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Wise words, I seem to have live most of my life in fear:icon_frown:

metal68

I find your sensational hunger for answers quite fascinating in that I have not come across someone for a long time now so motivated to seek a truth to quell the profound uneasiness experienced within.

I must admit I do look forward to your posts and the inner exploration and questioning that you openly share with others. To share and be so open with such a difficult topic that I believe many others may also share your deepest thoughts about takes courage which you had embraced, and in some way all contributes towards leading you to a truth that one day may resonate with the final answer. I sincerely wish this for you.

Of course only if you feel comfortable to do so could you share or pm if you wish, what it was in your life that had left such a profound shift in you that led you to begin this intensive journey confronting and seeking answers to beyond death? That significant moment, period or season that had born this fear driving these profound questions etc. I feel could be such an interesting and enlightening learning.

In my opinion one thing is a likely surety and I do also speak for myself, and maybe for some others that the more we question and exhaust them, the more we have less to block our way to the truth awaiting us. :smile:

metal68
19-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Ill quite openly share this; it was the death of my mother in January that prompted this. I was like how can this human being, an ever present in my life for 46 years just disappear like that. It still doesn't make sense to me.

Where is she? Is she anywhere? Is she experiencing? Can she still see me? is she reunited with my late father as she so deeply believed & desired?

Or has she just ceased to exist? All her memories, achievements gone?

Prior to this I hadn't considered anything about consciousness, life after death, God (still don't believe in it). I was about as non spiritual as you could be!!! Sometimes I find it hard to believe that there was all this information out there that I knew nothing of!

The trouble is I am still troubled by the notion of wishful thinking/seeking comfort, I think all the evidence for Survival can be distorted to fit the believer or the sceptic. Im about 50/50 on it all. On a good day 60/40 maybe.

wolfgaze
19-07-2015, 09:05 PM
The trouble is I am still troubled by the notion of wishful thinking/seeking comfort, I think all the evidence for Survival can be distorted to fit the believer or the sceptic. Im about 50/50 on it all. On a good day 60/40 maybe.

What if the actual truth of your higher nature and your existence was in fact comforting? Could you handle that if it was? At what point might you allow yourself to embrace it and feel comforted?

(You don't have to respond to these questions - just throwing them out there to promote thought/contemplation)

:icon_smile:

Sisyphus
19-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Thank you for sharing metal68, My thoughts were with you as you shared your loss of your mother, someone to whom had been and always will be cared, loved and most dear to you. As I read I felt a profound call out from within to what now may seem for you as an unknown and uncertain world.

Grieving is a process naturally for us all to go through, looking for the one you love forms part of this process, understandably the love held for another can cause so much turmoil and uneasiness after their loss, the time for the grieving process subtly nurtures and kindly looks after us as we grow through these most indescribable painful times.

Your questioning in this way today may have contributions from the time you first became aware that one day you would no longer exist. This is often in young childhood through innocent exploration or by experiencing your first loss of another without explanation or understanding as to why.

How you created meaning on the discovery of death as a child could colour your understanding for the rest of your life, until that initial creation of meaning and understanding at the time of discovering that we die is uncovered again, looked at and a new meaning had been created to replace what could have been a misunderstanding about death in childhood.

Consider when you reflect on looking outwards for answers, maybe quietly reflect on your words and you may come to see that the same kind of questions could be still coming from that young boy who discovered death without any understanding, to ask; ‘what happens’, ‘Is this all that I am’, ‘Is there nothing more beyond me’ and ‘Where will I go when I die?’ a passing of a loved one could trigger the resurfacing of these fears of death etc.

It is difficult to lose someone so close and can be one of the hardest things to experience and recover from, to wonder where has this person gone before me with whom I had just spoken to can be such a overwhelming moment to comprehend with a pain so deep most personal to you, in time for people do recover, time varies for each of us, but at some point we arrive there. The way life changes within this period can cause so much upheaval, our actions can be completely alien of who we are or were, while our precious loss is being absorbed.

How this period is for you, consider talking as bravely and openly as you feel comfortable to do, allowing and letting go, experiencing and asking all the questions your heart desires. The question ‘is this the way to be’ may not provide a satisfying answer, but growing through this season matters more so that it is taking you through, to one day surface from the other side. I wish for you to arrive at that place when for you the heart is fulfilled with all the healing deserved..

nimsjo
20-07-2015, 04:01 AM
I am not that afraid of death but I am more afraid of emptiness in my life. A life without any aim or without anything to do is near to death.
Our loved ones complete our life and they give us a motivation to move on. It is good to have an aim in life and fulfil all your dreams before you die, so that you do not fear death and regret anything about your life.

YS.
21-07-2015, 09:27 PM
No. I'm not afraid of death itself, I used to but not anymore.

I actually think that death can be a very comfortable state of being ( literally)

Death would only scare me because of the earthly things I haven't done yet and because of the people whom I would leave behind .

Skytiger
22-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Not scarred of death, just the way it might happen. Would rather someone had to tell me I died than go through a horrific death.
Actually I'm more scared of a long life. Getting old is a *****.

Tobi
22-07-2015, 11:50 PM
No I'm not scared of dying but I am a bit of a wuss about illness, and am scared of 'death' hurting like heck.....

dream jo
23-07-2015, 06:39 AM
not lk i usd 2 be only thng i worrry abot is rotn in helll pr brnin helll coz of thngs iv fid did

Elric
05-10-2015, 04:06 AM
I'm in the 'not scared off death itself, just hoping it'll be quick & painless' camp : )

There are some lovely books on NDEs, but none better than Elizabeth Kubler-Ross ones on childrens experiences. Every kid relates their experience with joy & excitement. What a gift, knowing without doubt that there's a place of love waiting on the other side.

'In my fathers(?mothers) mansion there are many rooms'. There are many layers or planes (rooms) back 'home'. We go to the room where we vibrate in harmony to. Some planes aren't as nice as others. Imagine living in a den full of thieves, rapists & worse. We earn (deserve) where we go between incarnations. Just a part of our education.
Once we have learnt to reject violence & hate in our lives, we return to rest (holiday) in a level that's like 'heaven', before the next incarnation.
Some don't have to come back again; wouldn't that be nice : )

SilentLegend
16-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Yes without a doubt.
Just the uncertainty of it all.
Death is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe, it's amazing that over all these years that no one has been able to solve this mystery.
All we have is speculation.
And it is this that scares me the most about death, because I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Nettles
27-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Nope, not in the least bit. I have a pretty good idea about how and when it will happen.

bostonbarb
03-12-2015, 10:11 PM
As I'm getting older now death is becoming more of a reality. Wish I had more proof of life after death, thaqt would help.

Namaste, Barb

Tobi
03-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Barb, I promise you there is an existence after the death of the body.

Shinsoo
03-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Not really, never have been.

However, the way I die, had been a bone of contention in my brain for a long time until I finally trusted in the knowledge that if I continue on my path, I will pass away peacefully in my sleep, whenever I feel it is time.

the body may perish yes, but your soul, will survive. I have no real proof of this, but I just know it's true. One of those things.

Light Seeker
03-12-2015, 11:44 PM
I am terrified of dying, I worry it might be progressively more painful and slow.

I don't give a monkeys about being dead though.

CosmicHealer
06-12-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm very afraid of "Transitions" as i like to call them. of course life does not work without transitions and so I have to endure that once entering the afterlife.

enough
10-12-2015, 11:17 PM
I didn't use to be afraid of dying, of what it would be like after death ... just afraid of how I would die, if it would be drawn out and/or painful. But since an incident this last Spring when I really thought I was dying I have become very frightened of dying and how things will be afterwards. I have begun to think that there is, in fact a Hell, a Purgatory. I try not to think about it because it gives me a panic attack. The inevitability of death feels suffocating to me. I can't understand why my thinking has changed so dramatically.

To the person who asked why dying is painful: think how difficult it is to establish yourself in a body and get yourself born! Death is the reverse of this, in a sense. You spend decades establishing yourself in a physical body, of course it will be quite a struggle(for a lot of people), to detach yourself and leave the body behind.

wolfgaze
10-12-2015, 11:32 PM
I didn't use to be afraid of dying, of what it would be like after death ... just afraid of how I would die, if it would be drawn out and/or painful. But since an incident this last Spring when I really thought I was dying I have become very frightened of dying and how things will be afterwards. I have begun to think that there is, in fact a Hell, a Purgatory. I try not to think about it because it gives me a panic attack. The inevitability of death feels suffocating to me. I can't understand why my thinking has changed so dramatically.

To the person who asked why dying is painful: think how difficult it is to establish yourself in a body and get yourself born! Death is the reverse of this, in a sense. You spend decades establishing yourself in a physical body, of course it will be quite a struggle(for a lot of people), to detach yourself and leave the body behind.

If you read a good amount of Near-Death Experience (NDE) literature there are really many accounts from individuals reporting that the actual 'death' process was not difficult on them at all - however it was their experience of returning to their physical bodies that was the hard part... So many of these individuals who have experienced NDE's report that they have since shed any fear of 'death' upon returning... You may benefit from researching thanatology & NDE's if you feel you are ready to... Consider it....

enough
11-12-2015, 11:01 AM
If you read a good amount of Near-Death Experience (NDE) literature there are really many accounts from individuals reporting that the actual 'death' process was not difficult on them at all - however it was their experience of returning to their physical bodies that was the hard part... So many of these individuals who have experienced NDE's report that they have since shed any fear of 'death' upon returning... You may benefit from researching thanatology & NDE's if you feel you are ready to... Consider it....

Thank you. :smile:

Charmony
14-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Yes I am afraid when my experience here on earth ends, especially if there is no afterlife and it is just nothingness.

I wish I was like the others and could have that unshakeable belief that we survive and go on, but I have some doubts still. Hopefully I will make peace with death before it happens.

maggastina
14-01-2016, 06:03 PM
I am not afraid of dying I started experience loss at a very young age there is no one left in my Family and My husband is also gone its just me and my 5year old son I'm more afraid of what I'm leaving behind cause I can no longer protect him and make sure he is safe and happy and well token care of. I just hope I live long enough so he will be able to do those things himself even thou I will be watching him even in death because he is my light and my strength and I will always be protecting him from all the negative that consumed my family. I was able to get out and become very positive but it was not easy and I have to make sure that he is taught to always have a positive attitude and not let him get consumed by negativity.

Tobi
15-01-2016, 01:46 AM
I am not scared. I am ready. I have prepared for my crossing to a great extent. Although I must admit I am slightly apprehensive of how things will work out. But I am scared of pain, which I suppose makes me a wuss.
However, my continued existence here tells me I am not actually ready to go yet....there is more to be gained and learned here.
But no -I am not terrified of 'death'. At all.

Lance & Rite
15-01-2016, 02:53 AM
I wasn't when I was younger but as I get older I begin to feel, maybe not fear, but frustration, as if I have undone work. I'm healthy though, maybe I am just approaching some kind of life period crisis. It doesn't help that my original career hasn't suited me too well and I've realized that I always wanted to have many children, but it's not enough to just meet and date someone, I have to actually find someone who wants the same things that I want and that's starting to become rare.

intj123
27-01-2016, 07:09 AM
I used to think I was not scared, until I really almost died of starvation, a slow painful death.... Then I was kind of scared, and at the bleakest moments would reach out and call to GOD, perhaps god kept me alive to do some unfinished work. But I was never really all that religious, and still I'm not, but now I'm a lot more open to the idea that god could exist.

nearspirit
28-01-2016, 04:38 PM
I have not been afraid of death since I got into spirituality.

Ghost_Rider_1970
01-02-2016, 01:14 AM
Since my spiritual awakening I am not afraid of dying, as I believe we will all return to the Spirit World. To Source.

I am a little apprehensive about the pain of death though :)

Tobi
01-02-2016, 01:49 AM
That's more or less how I feel about it Ghost Rider.
In a big storm the other night I had to walk under 5 Oak trees, some of them with very dodgy-looking dead branches (when viewed in daylight) And an Oak branch of that size weighs...well....enough to make me into a pancake! LOL
I thought "How ready am I to have one of those fall on me?"
Technically I was kind of ready....but practically, I found my steps quickening and I was counting the trees until I got out of there. I was cringing a bit inside because I imagined it would HURT.
I had to laugh at myself! :biggrin:

wolfgaze
01-02-2016, 02:26 AM
What I am fascinated by is the Near-Death Experience accounts in which the individuals reported their consciousness leaving their physical bodies (OBE) just prior to their external environment causing serious bodily harm (like in the event of a major auto collision)... Or the reports of people who have drowned - I've read many accounts where individuals said it wasn't a painful experience, and a sense of peace/calm came over them while it was happening.

Part of me feels that, at least in some instances, the soul/spirit may be aware of what will unfold and separates itself accordingly.

Aunt Bud
01-02-2016, 12:10 PM
I believe there is no death only transformation. Therefore I'm not frightened at all. My wish is that I'm given the time to have my house in order before departure.

kundalinikid
01-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Yes, not knowing has helped me rationalize not ending my own life.

Black Sheep
05-02-2016, 07:29 PM
No not afraid of dying.
I've had enough practice dying(NDEs, OBE, etc.), I imagine I will go straight back to source as I've been there before. I imagine no matter the means of passing, will be peaceful, I've found over the course of life that pain is an illusion, as is the physical, so it's more of a matter of letting go and easing into the transition of shedding physical form.

rafalana
03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Despite having had a number of NDE's, I'm still afraid of death. It's not really the disintegration of the physical body that I'm afraid of; rather, it's leaving loved ones behind, no longer being able to contribute to humanity, or exploring the physical world. I don't want to go when I'm not ready.

ArchIndigo
18-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Ive almost died so many times that it doesn't scare me.... What scares me is not getting to experience true love manifest on earth... Death pales in comparison=(

RosieGeller
13-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I tell myself that I shuoldn't be, it's definitly just a begining of some other road, and the soul would be eternal, but I would still miss me..body, sensation of who I am..and it scares me that I would forget everything, like nothing matters what I am doing right now.. it all would be gone.

barrynu
13-09-2016, 03:05 PM
I tell myself that I shuoldn't be, it's definitly just a begining of some other road, and the soul would be eternal, but I would still miss me..body, sensation of who I am..and it scares me that I would forget everything, like nothing matters what I am doing right now.. it all would be gone.

When you leave,You will bring all that you are as a human with you..... leaving the body behind....No physical pain, No worries about looks or age anymore,No worries about dying:smile:
We are here for the experience.
When you ride a rollercoaster or do something exciting you remember it.
You wont forget your life as a Human so enjoy it and cram in as much as you can:D

Shivani Devi
14-09-2016, 05:23 AM
I have problems with my autonomic nervous system totally shutting down from time to time. I experience 'sleep apnoea' whilst I am still wide awake and I have to struggle to breathe sometimes and my heart stops for a few seconds and I feel like I am going to die...my body goes cold and clammy, everything starts spinning and I get ringing in my ears and then, I cannot hear anything...cannot see anything...I am awake and conscious, but nothing is responding whatsoever! This terrifies me. It's like falling backwards into a dark, endless abyss.

So, I will go with Tobi and say that the whole technicality part...the 'dying' part has me a bit scared, but as for death...the actual bit after that, I'm not scared of that at all.

Jared.L
14-09-2016, 08:04 AM
No, I'm not scared of dying. Because death do not exist in the common sense. We just change the form of our existence and take all the memories and experience with us to the spiritual world. No need to be scared of that...

RosieGeller
14-09-2016, 12:13 PM
You wont forget your life as a Human so enjoy it and cram in as much as you can:D
That's what making me sad.. the good feeling, not worries or troubles, but love for my man, love for my children, all that was trully important, everything I was ready to give my life for.. it's all didn't make any sence then? :icon_frown:

barrynu
14-09-2016, 12:45 PM
That's what making me sad.. the good feeling, not worries or troubles, but love for my man, love for my children, all that was trully important, everything I was ready to give my life for.. it's all didn't make any sence then? :icon_frown:

At death,you return to your soul/higher self.You are part of a soul group which is your family and friends here on earth so when you leave the earth you go to your soul group.You meet the higher selves of your children,your mam and your friends and you begin/return to a much more purer relationship with them.

You become even closer to your family at death,It is the start/return to a beautiful relationship with all those you love.It is a different level without the drama of Earth....You are leaving the earthly part of your relationships behind but the soul relationship is so much more...you are not loosing anything,It will be wonderful:smile:

blackraven
14-09-2016, 01:33 PM

When I was 32 I was told by a cardiologist I had 3-5 years to live. When he told me that it was surreal as it didn't really hit home with me that he was talking about me. But when it came time to have a valve repaired through open heart surgery I was still surprised that I wasn't scared. I should have been though and I had a young family at the time. My spouse said, "You better fight like _ _ _ _ to live because we need you!" Even so, I was in denial about the seriousness of the operation and the risk of death due to surgery and death that would certainly come without surgery. I just figured I had the best chance by putting my life into the surgeon's hands.

I recall when I was on the artificial life support during surgery, I hovered over my body in a bright warm light. It was a very peaceful and comforting place to be other than below on the cold hard table with my chest pried wide open with claws. After surgery I took up all the things I previously thought I had no skills for. I began painting on canvas like a mad women, running races, dance class and performance on stage and even ended up without a job that I was unsuited for and miserably unhappy. I wouldn't say everything was peaches after that. I definitely went through many dark days and nights, battling the meaning of life. But in looking back I realize I had one shot to extend my life and I'm happy that I live in a country where these kinds of surgeries are a common thing, because if I had lived a lot of other places on this planet, I would eventually succumb to heart failure and be dead by now. I'm happy to be here with a new lease a life and learning more and more every day.

In fact, I'm more afraid of dying from old age or old age-related illness than I was when I was 32. Go figure.

ZenSar
14-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Fear of death is the fear of the unknown. So I would say I am not so afraid, in fact I look forward to it (pretty sure I know how it will happen), it will answer some questions of mine. But, don't get me wrong, there is much more I want to do here before then.

rhubarbrosie
21-09-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm terrified of my life review.

I'm hard enough on myself now as it is, I can only imagine viewing all my failings all at once ~~ it would be so like me to slink away in self-exile no matter how much mercy & forgiveness I'm offered!

"No it's okay, I'll just go sit in the inferno & roast, don't mind me, you all have fun without me"

wolfgaze
22-09-2016, 11:34 PM

I'm hard enough on myself now as it is, I can only imagine viewing all my failings all at once ~~ it would be so like me to slink away in self-exile no matter how much mercy & forgiveness I'm offered!

"No it's okay, I'll just go sit in the inferno & roast, don't mind me, you all have fun without me"

Aww RhubarbRosie, you don't have to be fearful of that experience. Individuals have reported experiencing a very unique & enhanced state of awareness during their 'life review' experience. Other terms that have been used to describe this special state are 'metaconsciousness' and 'omniawareness'. It's like you are reviewing the nature of your life experience from the perspective of the Soul (with insight into the awareness of others) - and not through the human-centric perspective that we had been so familiar with. If you are really hard on yourself now, I don't perceive that such an orientation towards yourself is the result of your Soul's influence - but more likely originating from the influence of your physical/egoic mind (which contributes to a very limited identity and sense of self). You know that expression "you are your own worst enemy"? Well that's not a commentary on the Soul's influence, but how we tend to beat ourselves up in our own physical minds and how we can become so conditioned to be critical & judgemental of ourselves in self-defeating, unhealthy ways. It sounds like you are still working on resolving some mind-based disturbances that are present. You have to remind yourself that your state of awareness immediately after 'physical death' is not going to be identical to what you are experiencing right now. So allow for the likelihood that you will find yourself perceiving and viewing all of this business from your human lifetime in a new and unique light. It's okay that you've had perceived 'failings' in this lifetime. What's most important is not that they occurred - but what have you taken away from those experiences and learned about yourself as a result of having those experiences? How has your state of awareness grown/changed/expanded as a result of the challenges & adversity that you've faced? That's where the true importance/value resides...

It's also absolutely worth noting that the reported 'life review' process is not all about focusing only on the perceived 'negative' or painful elements of one's lifetime. It's about the totality, the whole of one's life experience. This includes the joyous experiences, the selfless acts, the accomplishments in terms of Soul growth & development, the instances in which you have helped/assisted/supported/uplifted others, etc... So try to look at your life experience from the broadest perspective possible and remind yourself that it does not revolve around the current disturbances of your mind that you are working on resolving and coming to peace with. You are still actively creating your 'story' in this lifetime, and it is definitely within your means to continue to generate experiences and undergo personal developments which you will later look back upon and be proud of. : )

Lastly, here is one person's insights and findings from conducting research into this subject matter. To be clear, I'm not presenting this as verifiable 'facts' - but simply some notions/perspectives that I feel are worthy of evalutation and contemplation:

Life Review
http://www.near-death.com/science/research/life-review.html

:icon_study:

~WOLF

Parma
23-09-2016, 01:24 AM
No, not at all afraid. In fact I'm a little curious about the experience.

alcyone
25-09-2016, 05:56 PM
A bit, but I'm more scared of dying and then finding myself still living..? I don't really like spiritual experiences like that.

seekerAK
25-09-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm not afraid of death but wouldn't enjoy a long drawn-out process of dying a painful death. I have read over a thousand NDE accounts from different people and this has made me lose all fear of death. Now I actually look forward to it and am curious about what will happen after my soul leaves the body.

Debrah
25-09-2016, 06:40 PM

A great series of books that I've read, 'Conversations With God', suggests that the life review isn't something to worry about. It will apparently go like this:

You have 'donned' this body for the purpose of experiencing this life but this body is not the real you who will WATCH the life review. This body is like the little SIM's characters that you can develop in that video game or like the puppet on the hand of the puppet-master. And the 'real you' is the puppet master.

Then you/this body dies, and you leaving your little SIM's guy behind and now get to review this (now 'past') life and figure out the good things you learned and where you could do better. But according to 'the speaker' in the book, you will watch it objectively, just as you would watch a movie. You'll know your feelings and the feelings of everyone involved in that experience, but you won't be taking any of it personally at that point because the 'real you' knows it was all only for an exercise to let 'you' and even the other party, experience and 'know' more, including Yourself.

Khalli
25-09-2016, 07:26 PM
No I'm not.

I look forward to leaving this place and return home.

RosieGeller
27-09-2016, 03:45 PM
a long process of dying is horrible. My grandma passed away recently, she was light and kind person all her life, energectic and helpful, and it's so damn not fair that she had to suffer and lay down and lost a clue to this world.

Theophila
27-09-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm not afraid of the actual death. I'm afraid of not having lived...not having experiences or having fulfilled desires I've had , have or will have.
I believe in the end it's not what I've materialistically obtained that will matter but what I will be leaving with in my heart and soul.

I worry if I've done right in life and will continue on for better and also hopefully not be returning to this world again.

Also I'm abit afraid of how I will go. I don't like long drawn out illnesses or going painfully. In my sleep would be ideal.:sleepy1:

nearspirit
27-09-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm not afraid of physical death. But I fear being erased even in soul form.

MARDAV70
28-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Having had a NDE, I can hardly wait until my time comes again and is final...soon, I hope! (Lol...sounds fatalistic, but I'm not about to bring it on at my own hand...unless possibly I find I'll have a long, painful condition.) "Dying" (really, there is no such thing) was the most wonderful thing I have any memory of ever happening. The reality of existence is "over there" (wherever or whatever you wanna call it), not here.

Not everyone who's had a NDE has a life review. I didn't (or don't remember it if I did)...but I kinda wonder if it's because those who don't didn't reach the point where that would happen. Whatever, nothing to fear...no judgement of "transgressions" in this life (I've heard that time and time again from NDE accounts who have had a life review, but I also somewhat "felt" it in my NDE).

oldasthesea
28-09-2016, 03:09 PM
I am scared if i will be in agony till my last breath.
Not the death itself but the pain. Hope it will be quick.

barrynu
28-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Having had a NDE, I can hardly wait until my time comes again and is final...soon, I hope! (Lol...sounds fatalistic, but I'm not about to bring it on at my own hand...unless possibly I find I'll have a long, painful condition.) "Dying" (really, there is no such thing) was the most wonderful thing I have any memory of ever happening. The reality of existence is "over there" (wherever or whatever you wanna call it), not here.

Not everyone who's had a NDE has a life review. I didn't (or don't remember it if I did)...but I kinda wonder if it's because those who don't didn't reach the point where that would happen. Whatever, nothing to fear...no judgement of "transgressions" in this life (I've heard that time and time again from NDE accounts who have had a life review, but I also somewhat "felt" it in my NDE).

A wonderful post and then I noticed it was post 111 which makes it even more special:smile:

Jared.L
28-09-2016, 05:54 PM
I am not scared of dying because I'm sure that this life is just my chance to learn and gain experience. Nothing more....I am a soul

metal68
28-09-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm not afraid of physical death. But I fear being erased even in soul form.

yes if youre talking about non existence - I find that idea utterly terrifying

MARDAV70
29-09-2016, 06:14 PM
A wonderful post and then I noticed it was post 111 which makes it even more special:smile:

Wow...I didn't notice that...thanks for pointing that out, barrynu!

An interesting note, I've been wondering about the significance of 1111 and 111 for a year or two, and frequently when I look at the clock those very numbers appear, especially 1111. 111 appearing only recently. My spiritual sensing of the ethereal has recently (in the last couple years) come in waves and are more intense...not that I'm becoming some kind of guru, lol (I'm not)...merely personal in regards to my contemplation. Not really sure what it could mean, but since others claim some kind of spiritual awakening that sure makes sense to me! :smile:

Sarian
29-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I've always wondered what it means too. So many say it does but I don't know what but from the time I wake up till I go to bed. I see double and triple numbers and the 1111 as well. Even if I wake up at night and look at the clock it will be something like 3:33 or 4:44. Just boggles my mind but I don't know if it meant anything or not...but this has been going on a year now.

As for being afraid of dying. No, I'm not.

Soul Searching
29-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Pain ..... yes .... I am human, so who isn't afraid of a painful ending.

But of Dying ..... not so much these days.

It's something we will all face one day, and what comes next ..... hmmm .... well, that will be very interesting to find out eh ? :smile:

innerlight
29-09-2016, 11:09 PM
I think for us, our biggest fear would be in not living. I think those that live a good life. One that they loved and enjoyed. Would not be afraid of dying.

Wandering_Star
04-10-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm not afraid of death. I don't want to go anytime soon--I like it here, and there are still things I think I'm here to do--but when the time comes, I think I'll be happy to go.

When I was 21, I woke up one morning rock-bottom in a pit of despair. I was in so much pain, and my life was such a shambles, I believed killing myself was a reasonable option. I sat on the edge of my bed, alone in the house, a loaded revolver in my hand, and I felt ready to do the deed--it was okay, and I was at total peace with it.

But then I had the overwhelming sense that I was standing in front of two open doors, and that I could walk through either one of them and everything would be all right. Neither was a better choice than the other. I could exit the game, or I could stay in it and either choice was perfectly fine.

So (obviously) I stayed, and decided to play this round in the game to its conclusion.

Then, a decade later, my best friend died. A few days later, I received a visit from him. The experience was so intense and undeniable--I had no real belief in the soul, or life beyond death, and wasn't even interested in the question, but that experience blew the doors off my reality. I'm still processing it to this day, almost 16 years later., but what is so clear to me, and has been since then, is that death is not only nothing to fear, it's something to joyfully embrace. I have to be careful around people who are grieving over a death that has or is about to happen, because my automatic inner response to hearing of a death is, "Oh! good for them! They got to go home! I'm so happy for them!" And while I'm not about to leave just yet, I admit that I envy the dead a bit, because while I like it here and am enjoying this round of game, there's no place like home.

shoni7510
05-10-2016, 10:51 AM
I am afraid of the manner that I might die and I hope I just die peacefully in my sleep or it is something quick and painless like a gunshot. I am not afraid of death itself infact I look forward to it. I have felt how nice it is to be out of the body and also to be a soul and can't wait to die and transition. I envy those who die and wish it was me.

OctoberSky
08-10-2016, 04:19 AM
I am not afraid of dying because I understand and know that I will still exist after this body dies off. I have not felt what it was like to be a soul again in this life but after all what I have read about it it sounds amazing..

Sugar-n-Spice
08-10-2016, 01:19 PM
I am not willing to die at this present time so I do not desire death and am working to avoid it :biggrin: Which sort of has the effect of working towards it. Do nothing, and face certain consequence, do something and face threat of accelerated consequence or possible retreat.

It's a risky, delicate, balance.
Yes. I am afraid at times, at times courageous.

sea-dove
12-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Its scarier and harder for me to keep living. Im looking at assisted suicide in Switzerland.

Faith33
12-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Its scarier and harder for me to keep living. Im looking at assisted suicide in Switzerland.

I, too have thought about it. If I'd have to suffer through an irreversible condition and have my family suffer along with me, I'd rather go to Switzerland and get it over with. Though, from what I hear, it's a very costly procedure.

Tobi
13-10-2016, 12:58 AM
I will always be very sorry that humans are left to suffer to the bitterest of ends with any terminal or irreversible illness which becomes unmanageable. At times they will even be resuscitated -even on numerous occasions, or kept alive on machines.
While dogs are given a peaceful and swift passing by lethal injection, when there is no longer any physical hope.
Why is that so? Maybe there will come a time when we will be able to choose euthanasia.
I cannot see the big issue in it. If a person of sound mind can undergo a psychological assessment first, which should be able to pinpoint any coercion by anyone else.....as well as a medical prognosis, why shouldn't they have the choice legally?

Faith33
13-10-2016, 05:31 AM
Couldn't agree with you more, Tobi.

Recently, a very respectable man ( reporter, suffering from terminal illness), chose to go peacefully and with sound mind via lethal injection in Swtzerland.
To make a long story short, unable to meet the cost, he returned home and had someone 'help' him with the process and a date was scheduled.
A couple months later now, the doctor (friend) is being charged with murder and the deceased disrupted from his resting place...
It's very saddening.

Clover
14-10-2016, 01:29 PM
I AM BODY.
I AM LIFE.
I AM not required to follow some set of rules which were designed to disempower me.
no matter how much the human race tries to dissociate with this reality, truth is true and death holds no power over life.

I like this. :smile:

Really!
29-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Scared? No ...

When I'm feeling everything in my life is in sync, I just automatically say today is a good day to die ...

My only concern is the grief my kids will experience - its a scarey thought ...
Their father's death greatly impacted them, I hope my death will be much easier to process ...

TuesdaysChild
03-01-2017, 03:59 AM
No, I'm in no way afraid of dying. However I don't want to go yet. Even though I am clinically depressed right now, I know this is an immense gift and that I am somehow not done here. There is a lot of happiness in my future that I am supposed to experience.

I do worry about the manner. It's the prelude to the grande finale, so to speak, that I worry about. I'd like to live a decently-long life and there is a great amount of love I have yet to give and receive!

mariakatosvich
20-02-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm not scared of the process of dying. I have a meditation practise where I visualise leaving my physical body and return Home. Based on my NDE when I was 12!

Des39
23-04-2017, 05:02 PM
No, I'm not scared of death and dying. I am not enjoying this life. I feel like trapped in the wrong body. So death seems quite liberating to me. And the process of dying seems exciting, that would mean that this incarnation will soon be over.
What scares me is the possibility that I will be thrown into the next wrong body after leaving this one. That I will have to live another ****ty incarnation. Without even knowing how and why. Like now. That is really scary.

slowsnake
23-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Hello,
I definitely have no fear of the death procces.

I have a fear of a long drawn out chronic death,only because of the impact and burden on loved ones and others.

I have a fear of the embarrassment,of being unable to wash or toilet without help

And I have a fear of pain! " Real Pain ",I really hate it,I just hate even now sitting here at 5 am ( couldn't sleep ) with a coffee to wash down a 20 mg oxycontin,just so I can kneel down to feed my cat Mr Moggs,I hate that.

But I do not fear death,its the peripheral things surrounding the death process that I fear.

Kind Regards Billy.

TuesdaysChild
25-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Not afraid, but not ready to leave just yet despite feeling despair about this life. When it's my time, it's my time. What led me to my NDE was one of the most painful medical conditions one can have. I suffered excruciating pain that is known in the medical field as pain a kin to end stage cancer pain and did so for 12 hours. That's what scares me. I don't want that to happen again.

However, when I go, I shall go and there is no fear of leaving. I just feel a sense of loss at the thought that I might go too early. I know I am not done here but have no idea whatsoever what it is I need to do here before I am done. I'm leaving it to the light within to show me when the time is right.

I am not opposed to returning, but next time I want love. I need a break. This life has been marred by extreme abuse. Right from the time I was 2. Now it is self abuse and I cannot get out of this cycle.

rhubarbrosie
18-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Wolf, I have only just now found your lovely response to my expressed fear, for which I thank you. A family member passed after I posted it ~~ and I guess I missed yrs in the resultant chaos. I am so moved by what you wrote. Thank you for your generosity. I hope you find *this* :)

ocean breeze
20-07-2017, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't know unless i'm certain its coming right for me. Naturally there may be fear as i still cling to life, hopes, and dreams. Along with a feeling of gratitude as i embrace the time i've spent living.

Life is scarier at times and death can be an easy way out.

PeaceLilly
22-07-2017, 05:32 PM
I don't have a fear of leaving. I do not want to have a life prolonged by machines. My friend's father was bed ridden for close to 15 years. I remember going over to his house and people would be whispering so as not to bother the father.

I decided then, at a young age, I did not want that life if it was offered. I also know people so depressed they are not really living. Not for me either.

linnie
22-07-2017, 05:47 PM
I've had experiences that convince me that, wherever it is I go after my passing, it is Peace. I am not looking forward to dying, the process, which may be painful, frustrating, heartbreaking etc, but death... death holds no fear for me. I think what you said, oftheSun, about wanting to get your estate in order,
really is important to us in our older age.

I am no longer comfortable leaving things unsaid and make a point of 'leaving no strings attached'... that way, there is no need for regret... :)

I love my life, and am grateful each day, but I will enter that great sleep happily and with the eyes and heart of an explorer. :)