PDA

View Full Version : How to calm your energy?

Fleur de Frost
07-07-2014, 03:34 AM
When I detach from myself, I notice that my energy is very excitable, crazy, chaotic. I speak rapidly and I'm just all over the place. It's even overwhelming for my own self sometimes! :redface: Another way to describe it is heated energy - I feel internal body heat when I feel like my energy is especially wild.

What are some ways to slow down and calm/center myself?
Thank you! :)

Nameless
07-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Connect to your breathing. Take a few deep breaths in and out from your solar plexus. When you breathe in, tell yourself your breathing in calmness, when you breathe out, tell yourself you are letting the unwanted go (or you can make up whatever feels or sounds better to you).

When you connect to your breath, that is how we first connect to the physical body and that is the only thing keeping us connected, for without breath there is not life in this physical body.

Centering yourself: there are many varied ways to do that, to learn to do that. You will probably get some help here with some of the ways people do that. Find the one that works for you.

Taking breaths should help to calm the energy. Visualizations may also help...like a clear mountain lake, a calm quite ocean, a peaceful quiet meadow, a nice soft squishy comforter that you can sink into, etc. There are a lot of visualization meditation exercises for relaxation. Sylvia Browne had one where, after you relax your physical body, you calm your nerve endings (along with other things) but I remember when I did that for the first time, I was amazed that it worked. You can literally make up anything you think will work. I would try these calming techniques, find what works, then practice it so you have it in your toolbox for when you need it.