PDA

View Full Version : help interpreting + positions?

kindheart
02-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Hey there,
Have been reading Oracle Cards for a while now, and have been started to get into tarot reading, since a few months ago. I tend to take out a few cards together and use the common denominators of the cards to find the general message out of them (or "read" the interactions between them, with regards to the question).

When it comes to spreads, however, I get confused. I have a hard time not reading them all together and I find sometimes the cards don't easily fit their given positions. For instance, been trying some of the spreads on this website, and used this one in particular ("is he the one"): http://www.psychic-revelation.com/reference/q_t/tarot/tarot_spreads/is_he_she_the_one.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychic-revelation.com%2Freference%2Fq_t%2Ftarot%2Ftarot_s preads%2Fis_he_she_the_one.html)

Did it kinda for fun, about my new neighbor, who is single and who I recently have started talking to and who I find cute.. but who also possibly seems like the type of guys like one of my exs, who I should steer clear from because they are not everything I want and need from a relationship.

Sorry the the interpretations are long, I'm pretty much just throwing ideas out there!

As insight for this situation, and to help me learn to read spreads better, could you help with this? Basically, the question is: all things considered, is it probable that this person is "the one", a great romantic match for me?

1. Is he potentially the one?: Page of wands
2. Is commitment/marriage a possibility with this person? Queen of cups
3. Influences standing in the way of a relationship with this person: Magician reversed
4. Influences acting in a favour of a relationship: Ten of wands (in favor??)
5. What can I do to be ready for this person to be part of my life? page of swords reversed (Note that I don't like this statement, as maybe he shouldn't be part of my life)
6. What does this person need to do before he is ready to become part of my love life? 3 of cups (again, I don't like this question as he might not be supposed to, it might not be for our highest good, plus he has free will)
7. Would I be happy in a romantic relationship with this person? 7 of swords reversed (yikes...)

Well, I think things might be looking good with the queen of cups, but the page of wands seems immature to me, so maybe not "the one". Then, with the influences in the way (magician reversed) and with the 7 of swords for happiness with his, I'm thinking a no... deceptions, he may be a sweet talker, a player, a manipulator. Could also mean that I should stop sticking to this type of person and not be afraid to go for who I really want and need (harder to say than do though... they're hard to find!). Still confused as per the queen of cups with the other cards that are quite negative to me, though. Maybe it simply reflects that I'm a point where I'm looking for something serious, and he's only looking for fun.

Not sure how the ten of wands can work in my favour (except i'm one to work hard to make things work, as I'm a pleaser, but if I were to date a magician (or with the 7 of swords), I don't see it as a good thing. Maybe the other cards I drew were also saying to not judge so quickly and to just have fun, and to not set high expectations in relationships or I'll be deceived, but this doesn't logically resonate with me, as this is exactly what I have to stop doing (pleasing everyone and going for guys who can't give me what I need emotionally). Not sure I get the page of swords in that position either... or the 3 of cups for that matter (maybe it means he would have to settle on just one person and to be more responsible, but I usually would see this card as making efforts to be more playful and free, especially upright, so I'm lost). He also has a son though, maybe this "3rd" person has something to do with it. I'm not sure why I'm stuck on the 3 of cups representing multiple persons here. I don't usually associate it with people.

I should go re-read those cards again, but their positions in the spread confuse me. I don't think he's a good match, I would end up heartbroken or deceived with him, but not sure if because of my own fears and expections, or because he is bound to deceive. I may also be biased by past history and judging upon first impressions.

Looking forward to hearing you guys out!:hug3:

jusmail
02-07-2014, 06:32 AM
The queen of cups says to follow your intuition which is not in favor of it right now. 10 of wands is indicating excess of worries. The page of swords is the card that say "thanks, but no thanks". You other thoughts are on target.

kindheart
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Ahh, makes sense! Thank you. Too bad though :( haha

tealily
03-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Gah, I hate big card spreads >.< My go-to spread is 3-4 cards depending on whether I want to look at the future or just get an answer.

I fast-forwarded to the 7th card in the spread - my teacher always used to tell me that reversed sevens signaled 'don't hang on'. Swords refer to thoughts/ideas, so this one translates into 'don't hang onto the idea of being in a relationship with this guy' :)

kindheart
04-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Interesting, tealily, about the reversed 7s! Could you please tell me more about that spread you use? I'm experimenting with different spreads and finding I don't like big ones either. I feel you lose the "big picture" in those details.

I know that logically, intuitively and now, according to these cards, he is not for me to date. Too bad though!

tealily
04-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Hi kindheart, here's a worked example of the spread I tend to use (http://www.thetarotlady.com/tarot-to-the-rescue-will-he-return/). Sometimes I bypass the fourth card if I don't feel the outcome is as important as the advice card.

I am a BIG FAN of the 3-card spread :) I like to keep my tarot simple :)

kindheart
04-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Thank you!! I'll check it out. And I think you're right about the outcome card.. although my curiousity always gets the best of me lol. But you're definitely right, as the outcome depends on what you do with the advice anyway, mostly, I feel.

elisi
04-07-2014, 04:31 PM
i guess i'm pretty traditional. i use ryder-waite cards and use the 10 card spread.

i always find that all the cards relate to each other to give a big picture.

works for me. to each his own. :)