PDA

View Full Version : How many awakened people are their in the world?

TonySG
01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Hi
I don't really expect a accurate answer to this question but I just wondered - How many awakened or enlightened people are their on this planet? Im not talking about people who have a interest in spirituality but people who have actually self realized.

I'm assuming it is less than 1% of the worlds population. Does anyone know otherwise? Obviously over the next few decades this percentage is going to increase significantly I guess :)

Arcturus
01-07-2014, 09:44 PM
zer0 at my guess. but thats according to what i think awakened means. which is total expunging of the self, existing in multiple dimensions and places at once, levitate, invisibility, translocate, project. anything else is, really, still bondage.

Seawolf
01-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Im not talking about people who have a interest in spirituality but people who have actually self realized.

This sounds exactly like the Christian question, "how many people are 'really saved', and not just call themselves Christian?" It's the same thing, just from a different religious viewpoint.

LadyMay
01-07-2014, 10:32 PM
I agree with Vecta3. Probably no one. Or maybe less than ten or five people. From that perspective.

But Self-realization itself.. I don't know really. Maybe we should do a poll or something lol.

Seawolf
01-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I agree with Vecta3. Probably no one. Or maybe less than ten or five people. From that perspective.

But Self-realization itself.. I don't know really. Maybe we should do a poll or something lol.
Wouldn't it depend on what our belief about self realization is? Someone might believe a person that spends all their time and money helping the needy is self-realized.

It could be none, or many if the OP means more like a general of a state of significant spiritual awareness. If you count all people in the world regardless of their beliefs, maybe that would be more than a few.

It's interesting that studies showed a link between an abnormally high level of certain chemicals in the brain, which happens with some people, and having lots of spiritual experiences or awareness.

Mathew James
01-07-2014, 11:15 PM
- How many awakened or enlightened people are their on this planet? Im not talking about people who have a interest in spirituality but people who have actually self realized.

awakened?
enlightened?
self realized?

How many people would be able to define these terms the same. All of them can be a simple event that many people may have experienced, or they can all be very complex concept that no human will ever experience.

mj

Greenslade
01-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Hi
I don't really expect a accurate answer to this question but I just wondered - How many awakened or enlightened people are their on this planet? Im not talking about people who have a interest in spirituality but people who have actually self realized.

I'm assuming it is less than 1% of the worlds population. Does anyone know otherwise? Obviously over the next few decades this percentage is going to increase significantly I guess :)
Self realised seems to be more about subjectivity and agenda rather than any kind of objective comparison or yardstick, so pick a number and throw in a few carrots. I watched a YouTube video the other day that said the 1st wave of Ascension, about one third of the population will be bringing down 5th Dimensional consciousness by the 23rd of September next year. But like anything else it's all down to what you believe or not.

Swami Chihuahuananda
01-07-2014, 11:46 PM
(not including Cetaceans)
(Just ask Douglas Adams )

Baile
02-07-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm assuming it is less than 1% of the worlds population.I doubt there would be more than a few dozen. At all times in earth's history there are and always have been a handful of enlightened masters and teachers who actively assist in humanity's evolution.

TonySG
02-07-2014, 08:03 AM
When I say 'enlightened' or 'self-realized' I mean people who have overcome their ego and mind. People who live from their true self most of the time.

Arcturus
02-07-2014, 08:26 AM
I doubt there would be more than a few dozen. At all times in earth's history there are and always have been a handful of enlightened masters and teachers who actively assist in humanity's evolution.

ah, if we're talking ascended masters then yeah. and i suppose if they acrtually do also live in physical body's, for a few hiundred years in each, then it could, technically, be said that there are a dozen, at least, on earth right now. other than that, no. though i could be wrong. if anyone can present even one outside of the Great White Brotherhood, id be interested; as in their words.

imo, Tony, only krishnamurti has transcended self in the last century but then he was born that way-unconditionable. from humanity to ascension, i don't believe there are any at present. i once heard that in the 50 years after buddha, only 2 moved into the truth. i think we can be sure that very few actually do it whilst there are many pretenders at any given time.

Baile
02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
When I say 'enlightened' or 'self-realized' I mean people who have overcome their ego and mind. People who live from their true self most of the time.Well that's simply an ongoing process for everyone until one becomes a fully-realized Buddha/Christ (ascended master), at which point they are no longer bound by concerns of the physical body.

Visitor
02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
I believe there are quite a few, but they do not advertise the fact because they do not believe they are enlightened.
At the most, they are aware of being supported by God, and any gifts that they experience is purely from and in the service of God - nothing that they would claim to have.
They are humble and anonymous. Others may see them as a persons who has shown unconditional love, or truthful discernment, but because they do not spend much time with other people, these enlightened acts become regarded as an odd occurrences or coincidences.
These people spend most of their time in prayer and meditation to stay in contact with the Truth or God's will.
The truth they realize cuts through all the worldly beliefs and other parts of the human psyche. Because of this, they see most others as lost in false beliefs.
They know that it is a waste of time spreading the truth to those who do not seek it with fearless introspection to receive it.
That is why we do not hear of them as much as the want-to-be gurus.

Robinski78
02-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Within the realms of evolution, I imagine there has to be a process, whereby something (whatever that might be) is everlasting and indefinitely regenerating: its specific nature changing to a higher or different standard as it proceeds through each and every regenerative period… In some ways: like a perennial plant or a mighty oak tree…

The interesting thing that applies to the two specimens mentioned, is that one, the plant, dies back and reforms its original shape and features (as would a human being ~ passing through a reincarnate process) although (again as might be from karmic readjustments within the human specie) there may well be subtle changes in the bio-organic/inorganic hybrid composition of either: one or the other ~ or both...

Whereas the Oak tree, merely sheds its leaves year by year: growing more majestic in the process... I suppose the latter might be considered as the classical 'Old Soul' within the flora factor…

I wonder what or who (if any) amongst the variable reconstituted human specie: might represent the Oak tree ~ or the plant???????????

This isn’t necessarily a strong point of view on my part, it’s merely a few passing thoughts regarding ‘over the horizon’ possibilities...

charly233
02-07-2014, 11:37 AM
From my perspective, although we are all unique manifestations of that Being, there is only one being in the universe. That being is God, the Goddess or whatever you want to call it. Each of us is that being. Each of us is God.

The one being is enlightened or awakened etc. Therefore everyone is awakened/enlightened although not everyone realizes this fact yet.

Swami Chihuahuananda
02-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Well that's simply an ongoing process for everyone until one becomes a fully-realized Buddha/Christ (ascended master), at which point they are no longer bound by concerns of the physical body.

So is that when we start counting a person/master/thingy .... or stop ? :wink:

silent whisper
02-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Everyone is awake, just that some wake up in their sleep and think its a just a dream they're dreaming.

TonySG
02-07-2014, 12:20 PM
I believe there are quite a few, but they do not advertise the fact because they do not believe they are enlightened.
At the most, they are aware of being supported by God, and any gifts that they experience is purely from and in the service of God - nothing that they would claim to have.
They are humble and anonymous. Others may see them as a persons who has shown unconditional love, or truthful discernment, but because they do not spend much time with other people, these enlightened acts become regarded as an odd occurrences or coincidences.
These people spend most of their time in prayer and meditation to stay in contact with the Truth or God's will.
The truth they realize cuts through all the worldly beliefs and other parts of the human psyche. Because of this, they see most others as lost in false beliefs.
They know that it is a waste of time spreading the truth to those who do not seek it with fearless introspection to receive it.
That is why we do not hear of them as much as the want-to-be gurus.

Thank you! This was the answer I was looking for :)

AstralProtector
02-07-2014, 01:20 PM
There are not that many people who's awakened, even my parents live like robots and don't take the red pill.

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Wouldn't it depend on what our belief about self realization is? Someone might believe a person that spends all their time and money helping the needy is self-realized.

It could be none, or many if the OP means more like a general of a state of significant spiritual awareness. If you count all people in the world regardless of their beliefs, maybe that would be more than a few.

It's interesting that studies showed a link between an abnormally high level of certain chemicals in the brain, which happens with some people, and having lots of spiritual experiences or awareness.

Yeah actually from seeing all the replies on this thread I can see that. People seem to have a different interpretation to what self-realization actually means. In my mind it is simple but in others it is also- yet we seem to have completely different views entirely.

Well, they say spiritual experiences change the brain chemistry and cellular structure. It only makes sense whether it is biological or spiritual in nature. A person doesn't run on fuel like a car does but if they wanted to experience being a car they would have to evolve the ability to run off fuel. Terrible example but you get what I mean.

AstralProtector
02-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Most people still live by there books made by man, and religions made of man, like nothing is wrong with it.

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Well that's simply an ongoing process for everyone until one becomes a fully-realized Buddha/Christ (ascended master), at which point they are no longer bound by concerns of the physical body.

I didn't realize ascended master was the name one gave to those people. Yes, that makes sense. I'll be using this! :)

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 01:24 PM
The one being is enlightened or awakened etc. Therefore everyone is awakened/enlightened although not everyone realizes this fact yet.

That's why it's called a realization experience.

God-Like
02-07-2014, 01:36 PM
There is a balance of sorts that exists energetically speaking . There exists a web of energy that is universal . I understand that there is a certain amount of self realized energies that exist at any one given time in order to keep a balance of sorts .

I think I read or heard somewhere that the numbers of such energies you can count on one or two hands .

Its not so much that there isn't the potential for there to be more, its just that at any given time there require the precise number .

Whom or what is self realized is by no accident .

Everything is perfectly how it is .

x daz x

Baile
02-07-2014, 01:40 PM
I didn't realize ascended master was the name one gave to those people. Yes, that makes sense. I'll be using this! :)Okay! It's said that an ascended master has achieved a state of self-realization which allows one to escape the wheel of karma and the need to continue incarnating in the physical. The individual soul then moves on to those higher planes of existence that all of humanity is evolving towards. Supposedly the soul who was Jesus renounced his need to move on to these higher planes - apparently one has a choice - and elected instead to continue to directly assist in humanity's evolution.

linen53
02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
I'd say new souls and old souls. We are all in transition. New souls are those who bunch together and adopt the same belief systems and never question anything. Old souls are those who are self aware and question everything and dig for truth.

There is nothing wrong with new souls. We've all been there ourselves. It is just frustrating sometimes that positive changes cannot occur because of the fears of change by the new souls. And new souls outnumber old souls by countless multitudes.

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Okay! It's said that an ascended master has achieved a state of self-realization which allows one to escape the wheel of karma and the need to continue incarnating in the physical. The individual soul then moves on to those higher planes of existence that all of humanity is evolving towards. Supposedly the soul who was Jesus renounced his need to move on to these higher planes - apparently one has a choice - and elected instead to continue to directly assist in humanity's evolution.

So these are souls who are constantly living in a state of Self-realization rather than it just being a one time experience, right? I've read of souls who stay to help, they're called Bodhisattva's right? So does that mean Jesus is continually reincarnating still in order to help or did he just stay for that one time and moved on afterwards?

Baile
02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
New souls are those who bunch together and adopt the same belief systems and never question anything. Old souls are those who are self aware and question everything and dig for truth.While mid-aged souls run screaming from organized doctrine and then turn to drugs and booze.

charly233
02-07-2014, 02:14 PM
That's why it's called a realization experience.

Yes that's right. You could say that everyone is always already enlightened but not necessarily realized since they may not yet be aware of their enlightenment. When there seems to be an apparent lack of realization of enlightenment maybe this is God just playing hide and seek, just pretending to be unrealized, in order to ultimately experience the oneness even more profoundly.

Seawolf
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah actually from seeing all the replies on this thread I can see that. People seem to have a different interpretation to what self-realization actually means. In my mind it is simple but in others it is also- yet we seem to have completely different views entirely.

:smile: That's spirituality. It's completely subjective, there are a billion different ways of seeing it, and everyone is right lol.

Baile
02-07-2014, 03:41 PM
So these are souls who are constantly living in a state of Self-realization rather than it just being a one time experience, right? I've read of souls who stay to help, they're called Bodhisattva's right? So does that mean Jesus is continually reincarnating still in order to help or did he just stay for that one time and moved on afterwards?Ascended masters apparently don't need to incarnate in order to assist in humanity's evolution. As I understand it, they're capable of assisting via their work in the etheric and astral planes. Bodhisattva is the Buddhist equivalent of Christ (the esoteric occult understanding of Christ, not the religious). Again as I understand it, neither Siddhartha nor Jesus has reincarnated since. Whereas lamas for example reincarnate with full knowledge and purpose. So it seems to follow that one can still be bound to the wheel of life - needing to incarnate - yet still have raised their consciousness to such a level that they become aware of their destiny as teachers of humanity.

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Ascended masters apparently don't need to incarnate in order to assist in humanity's evolution. As I understand it, they're capable of assisting via their work in the etheric and astral planes. Bodhisattva is the Buddhist equivalent of Christ (the esoteric occult understanding of Christ, not the religious). Again as I understand it, neither Siddhartha nor Jesus has reincarnated since. Whereas lamas for example reincarnate with full knowledge and purpose. So it seems to follow that one can still be bound to the wheel of life - needing to incarnate - yet still have raised their consciousness to such a level that they become aware of their destiny as teachers of humanity.

Ah yes, I remember Jesus ascended to heaven in the bible didn't he? So he basically ascended into the astral realm and is there now still assisting humanity? And lamas reincarnate fully aware?

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 06:33 PM
:smile: That's spirituality. It's completely subjective, there are a billion different ways of seeing it, and everyone is right lol.

'Everyone is right' makes for a pretty complicated universe if you ask me, lol.

Swami Chihuahuananda
02-07-2014, 07:38 PM
'Everyone is right' makes for a pretty complicated universe if you ask me, lol.

Everybody's wrong, or as Firesign Theater put it more accurately some
40(?) years ago , "everything you know is wrong " . :wink:
(album title)

LadyMay
02-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Everybody's wrong, or as Firesign Theater put it more accurately some
40(?) years ago , "everything you know is wrong " . :wink:
(album title)

The truth is... there is no truth :tongue:

Mathew James
02-07-2014, 07:58 PM
The truth is, everything is vanity.

mj

Swami Chihuahuananda
03-07-2014, 03:33 AM
The truth is... there is no truth :tongue:

I do love a good Zen paradox :D (that much I can say with some certainty:wink: )

Arcturus
03-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Ascended masters apparently don't need to incarnate in order to assist in humanity's evolution. As I understand it, they're capable of assisting via their work in the etheric and astral planes. Bodhisattva is the Buddhist equivalent of Christ (the esoteric occult understanding of Christ, not the religious). Again as I understand it, neither Siddhartha nor Jesus has reincarnated since. Whereas lamas for example reincarnate with full knowledge and purpose. So it seems to follow that one can still be bound to the wheel of life - needing to incarnate - yet still have raised their consciousness to such a level that they become aware of their destiny as teachers of humanity.

whilst ignorance prevails, though, teachers will still be required to incarnate, yes? the spoken word is important too.

are you familiar with the idea that they do, or can, have physical body's and live, for upto 400 years, in places of outstanding natural beauty (shangri la-earthly heaven), that is veiled by magic from the world and is beyond impossible to find, or enter, without their express permission? point being that they may, actually, still incarnate. if this is so, theres one reason we're evolving to live longer. krishnamurti claimed he could have lived 400 years if hed stayed somewhere peacefull. such beings, if they exist, find cities, towns etc, very tiring as their aura would reach out a very long way.

Arcturus
03-07-2014, 05:29 AM

whilst ignorance prevails, though, teachers will still be required to incarnate, yes? the spoken word is important too.

are you familiar with the idea that they do, or can, have physical body's and live, for upto 400 years, in places of outstanding natural beauty (shangri la-earthly heaven), that is veiled by magic from the world and is beyond impossible to find, or enter, without their express permission?

revolver
03-07-2014, 05:53 AM
How many awakened people are their in the world? ...who is going to answer this question, those who are not awake ?.

Arcturus
03-07-2014, 05:58 AM
How many awakened people are their in the world? ...who is going to answer this question, those who are not awake ?.

are you saying that its impossible for one in bondage to recognise one who is not? id agree that many who are considered to be "awakened", by us normies, are not.

Baile
03-07-2014, 06:54 AM
Ah yes, I remember Jesus ascended to heaven in the bible didn't he? So he basically ascended into the astral realm and is there now still assisting humanity? And lamas reincarnate fully aware?There's the story in the Bible of Jesus at the age of 12 sitting among the teachers, who were amazed at his answers to questions. His parents arrive to take him home, and he speaks to them in such a way that they cannot understand what it is he's saying to them: "Why were you searching for me?" Jesus was a lama it would seem, living his last incarnation before attaining bodhisattva state. Some spiritual streams speak of the various bodies of the human being incarnating at different times, the astral body supposedly incarnating near the end of the second seven-year cycle (age 14). It could be the astral serves to awaken the individual to one's destiny and soul tasks.

Baile
03-07-2014, 07:07 AM
are you familiar with the idea that they do, or can, have physical body's and live, for upto 400 years, in places of outstanding natural beauty (shangri la-earthly heaven), that is veiled by magic from the world and is beyond impossible to find, or enter, without their express permission? point being that they may, actually, still incarnate. if this is so, theres one reason we're evolving to live longer. krishnamurti claimed he could have lived 400 years if hed stayed somewhere peacefull. such beings, if they exist, find cities, towns etc, very tiring as their aura would reach out a very long way.That's a very good observation, it makes sense. I never heard that about Krishnamurti, it surprises me. My understanding is he fought claims that he was a highly evolved soul, the Theosophical society for example claimed he was the Maitreya, the reincarnation of Jesus (?) I would assume.

Robinski78
03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
There has been a considerable mention of masters and teachers throughout this topic (which could be described as a side runner to it's main theme) and there have been a number of questions and/or suggestions relating to such... My query related to that (is, with respect) considering the average intellectual abilities of mankind in general all those years ago, to what level or standard would someone need to be educated, to be considered a proficient teacher or master...

These days, proficiency skills and abilities are well documented, but in olden days, people could appear out of the blue (so to speak) claiming to be this, that or the other and because they had a commanding appearance or nature, they are then considered to be leading lights on on a multitude of subjects, by those they come into contact with...

I'm not decrying the principle of such, just questioning the authenticity of it ~ in general...

Robbie....

Swami Chihuahuananda
03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
In 'Jitterbug Perfume', (fiction) Tom Robbins weaves a tale of a man who lives about 900 years . That much I take as pure fiction, but he also tells of a group somewhere oin India called the 'Bandaloop Doctors' , that , IIRC, are not fictional, but do live extraordinarily long lives and do extraordinary things. I's been a long time since I read the book, and I never looked into the BD's but the name stuck .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swami Chihuahuananda
03-07-2014, 09:00 AM

Actually , I think it's mostly a pointless question , because of the obvious potential for differing standards , and largely because it doesn't matter . There are exactly the number there are supposed to be right now , at any given moment, doing exactly as they should be doing (as is everyone else) .
FRom a 'higher' perspective, everyone is 'awakened' because they ARE their higher spirit , ascended master , or whatever catchphrase title someone wants to give that aspect of their being.

So, my final answer is "I don't know, and I don't care " , followed by
"I would be half- suspicious of anyone who claims to know the real answer " :D

(because you just don't know for sure when someone is pulling information like that out of a hat or channeling some weird stuff, or is providing an objective fact. you have to acquire discernment and use your judgement and decide what resonates with your own spirit)

Baile
03-07-2014, 09:01 AM
There has been a considerable mention of masters and teachers throughout this topic

I'm not decrying the principle of such, just questioning the authenticity of it ~ in general...Like any topic, there's the intellectual approach or the educational. Read up on it and draw your own conclusions. Ten pages of debate won't accomplish anything.

Swami Chihuahuananda
03-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Like any topic, there's the intellectual approach or the educational. Read up on it and draw your own conclusions. Ten pages of debate won't accomplish anything.

I would tend to think of lumping intellectual in with educational, as one approach, and a practical, functional, experiential approach on the other hand . You know thinking/talking/reading on one hand, and doing/being
on the other.

I could see how you might have meant 'educational' to mean the 'doing ' approach ; was that it ? :smile:

hibrady
04-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Dr. David Hawkins did a count, I believe there were somewhere between 9 and 12. Maybe more or less now, he died 2 years ago.

Baile
04-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I could see how you might have meant 'educational' to mean the 'doing ' approach ; was that it ? :smile:I meant bypassing the personal opinionating and going straight to the source. If I want to learn pottery I go take pottery classes, I don't talk about what qualifies as a pot and/or ponder whether pots even exist.

Skanzi
04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Nobody knows

Jyotir
04-07-2014, 04:59 PM

Only the self-realized know.

~ J

Arcturus
04-07-2014, 05:15 PM
I meant bypassing the personal opinionating and going straight to the source.

great idea! how?:confused: what is "the source"? come on man, give up the goodys, this could be it, enlightenment by bedtime, COME ON GADDAMIT!! i can't take the wait anymore, this is it, all or nothing, the mountain top or the gutter, set loose the juice moose

Phantasmic Fox
04-07-2014, 11:24 PM
The number is always growing, even if the frequency raises and lowers as time passes. Given that each human has the potential to "awaken" somewhere along the passage of time, and most likely will eventually, the answer is we are all "awake" even if it is not apparent in the immediate experience of the individual. There are also many ways of perceiving the world and many definitions for the term "awaken", so it it difficult to express an answer without flaw.

revolver
04-07-2014, 11:42 PM
are you saying that its impossible for one in bondage to recognise one who is not? id agree that many who are considered to be "awakened", by us normies, are not.
The one who is so called awakened, realize that everyone is in Consciousness, we are not in reality the mind body organism, we are all one in the sea of consciousness, the mind arises from that sea just like a wave on the ocean. Ignorance is like the wave believeing it is separt from the ocean, but no matter how ignorant we are we are still the ocean. So, to me I see everyone as one, no higher or lower than I.:smile:

revolver
04-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Actually , I think it's mostly a pointless question , because of the obvious potential for differing standards , and largely because it doesn't matter . There are exactly the number there are supposed to be right now , at any given moment, doing exactly as they should be doing (as is everyone else) .
FRom a 'higher' perspective, everyone is 'awakened' because they ARE their higher spirit , ascended master , or whatever catchphrase title someone wants to give that aspect of their being.

So, my final answer is "I don't know, and I don't care " , followed by
"I would be half- suspicious of anyone who claims to know the real answer " :D

(because you just don't know for sure when someone is pulling information like that out of a hat or channeling some weird stuff, or is providing an objective fact. you have to acquire discernment and use your judgement and decide what resonates with your own spirit)

Yes I agree, but I do have compassion for those who are still sleeping, while we live in a world of ignorance we will continue haveing wars and and all other strife. To live in a world where we are all awake, would be heaven on earth, where the inner consciousness, call it the Christ, Krishna, or Buddha consciousness, it doesn't matter, when we all live from this inner being life for all will be much more better.

Robinski78
05-07-2014, 05:16 AM
There are also many ways of perceiving the world and many definitions for the term "awaken", so it is difficult to express an answer without flaw.

Good post Phantasmic Fox... Especially the latter part ~ as quoted... How nice it would be (for starters) if everyone had that viewpoint, instead of waving a flag of 'supposed' truth in the face of others, who do not follow a similar pathway to them....

LeoJeo
05-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Many people are awakening at this time. I don't think we'll be fully awakened till we're in 5d earth, but plenty of people are going through their ascension process. If by awakened you mean to the true nature of reality then quite a few. Plenty of people on these forums would be classified as awakened.

Swami Chihuahuananda
05-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Yes I agree, but I do have compassion for those who are still sleeping, while we live in a world of ignorance we will continue haveing wars and and all other strife. To live in a world where we are all awake, would be heaven on earth, where the inner consciousness, call it the Christ, Krishna, or Buddha consciousness, it doesn't matter, when we all live from this inner being life for all will be much more better.

That's the plan :wink:

Swami Chihuahuananda
05-07-2014, 09:18 AM
double post

revolver
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
That's the plan :wink:
Yep, you just need to put it into practice.:wink:

Badger1777
05-07-2014, 10:36 AM
I would suggest that number is zero, and furthermore, the number is ALWAYS zero, because as we only get this physical existence as part of our schooling. If we're here, then we don't yet have full understanding, so therefore the answer is zero.

running
05-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Hi

Energetically or philosophicaly? Are you familiar with kundalini shakti?

Most people talk mostly about a philosophical awakening. Which one or are you labeling it as having both. If so kundalini shakti is basic in understanding and knowing if one has acquired it.

Philosophical awakening is a lot of ideas that jump around like grasshoppers. Its this, its that, no its this, and so on.

Can you elaborate a bit. Thanks!

Miss Hepburn
05-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi Tony,
Your question made me think you would really enjoy the book
"Superbeings" by John Randolph Price.
It covers a whole slew of angles of how we are, we are meant to,
we are destined to become these super beings in all ways...power, happiness,
knowledge...basically fulfilling the sentence, "...Ye are gods.."
And how the man next to us in the checkout line could be an awakened being...we
are everywhere becoming what we were meant to become, in other words.
:smile:

TonySG
05-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Energetically or philosophicaly? Are you familiar with kundalini shakti?

Most people talk mostly about a philosophical awakening. Which one or are you labeling it as having both. If so kundalini shakti is basic in understanding and knowing if one has acquired it.

Philosophical awakening is a lot of ideas that jump around like grasshoppers. Its this, its that, no its this, and so on.

Can you elaborate a bit. Thanks!

Ok, there clearly doesn't seem to be a straight forward answer to my question. My bad!

I just meant people who have overcome their ego/past and live from their true self as much as is possible. From awareness. From consciousness. Someone who has learnt to remain present regardless of what they are faced with. This clearly doesn't qualify as 'awakened' for most people here lol. I don't know what people expect from enlightenment but I guess everyone sees it differently :/

LadyMay
05-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Ok, there clearly doesn't seem to be a straight forward answer to my question. My bad!

I just meant people who have overcome their ego and live from the true self most of the time. From awareness. From consciousness. This clearly doesn't qualify as 'awakened' for most people here lol. I don't know what people expect from enlightenment but I guess everyone sees it differently :/

Haha welcome to the forums.

running
05-07-2014, 03:53 PM

I just meant people who have overcome their ego and live from the true self most of the time. From awareness. From consciousness. This clearly doesn't qualify as 'awakened' for most people here lol. I don't know what people expect from enlightenment but I guess everyone sees it differently :/

The ideas of proper ego can go on forever. Its the biggest secondary religion on the planet. I bought it due to its popularity. Then I met and spent six weeks with a master, guru, or whatever one wishes to call them. I would claim he was as real as it gets. Met another whom was also energetically awakened. Both great people. But i found everybody has an ego to follow. Its just different ideas of what a proper one would contain. Its a big joke to me now. Back then I thought it had something to do with things. It is more of a popularity contest of what the right or politically correct ego would be.

With that said I would say from a philosophical point of view there are as many gods as people. Its just weather you accept youself as one or not.

These are just my thoughts.

Swami Chihuahuananda
05-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Yep, you just need to put it into practice.:wink:

It's inevitable, but I chip in anyway :wink:

Swami Chihuahuananda
05-07-2014, 07:34 PM
The ideas of proper ego can go on forever. Its the biggest secondary religion on the planet. I bought it due to its popularity. Then I met and spent six weeks with a master, guru, or whatever one wishes to call them. I would claim he was as real as it gets. Met another whom was also energetically awakened. Both great people. But i found everybody has an ego to follow. Its just different ideas of what a proper one would contain. Its a big joke to me now. Back then I thought it had something to do with things. It is more of a popularity contest of what the right or politically correct ego would be.

With that said I would say from a philosophical point of view there are as many gods as people. Its just weather you accept youself as one or not.

These are just my thoughts.
I like those thoughts . There isn't really any purpose served (except maybe gratifying one's ego) to run (excuse me... WALK :wink: ) around comparing and judging anyone and everyone on what level of whatever spirituality they are currently at. It's all moving forward as in inevitably must, but from a more permanent perspective , it's all the same. We are spirit living in body; body isn't who we are . There's all the stuff about soul evolution and karma and whatnot, but those are temporary aspects . Okay, that was the area of the original question, but I'm just questioning (again) the need for the question.

I can't say we are not all magnificent spirits ; I guess it's a matter of how a person wants to look at other people . Focus on their lack of 'awakening' , or see that their real being is permanently 'awake' . I can't tell by looking , and I'm not in a position to decide for anyone else where they're at as far as all of this goes .

But I agree it seems there is a some ego and spiritual ambition floating around places like this . "My way is better than your way " kind of thing. That can be slow to let go of .

Lorelyen
05-07-2014, 08:02 PM

The problem is your question. You don't specify what you mean by "awakened" so it's anyone's guess.

When I saw the topic I thought just under 5 billion, assuming everyone
on average gets 8 hours' sleep.
But you know what it's like, assuming....

You could argue that when someone awakens to Descartes' statement, they're in the process of awakening - again, assuming you give Descartes credence.

TonySG
05-07-2014, 11:01 PM
The problem is your question. You don't specify what you mean by "awakened" so it's anyone's guess.

When I saw the topic I thought just under 5 billion, assuming everyone
on average gets 8 hours' sleep.
But you know what it's like, assuming....

You could argue that when someone awakens to Descartes' statement, they're in the process of awakening - again, assuming you give Descartes credence.

Terrible joke. Jus saying lol

revolver
05-07-2014, 11:04 PM
I would suggest that number is zero, and furthermore, the number is ALWAYS zero, because as we only get this physical existence as part of our schooling. If we're here, then we don't yet have full understanding, so therefore the answer is zero.
But who is really here?.

running
05-07-2014, 11:20 PM
I like those thoughts . There isn't really any purpose served (except maybe gratifying one's ego) to run (excuse me... WALK :wink: ) around comparing and judging anyone and everyone on what level of whatever spirituality they are currently at. It's all moving forward as in inevitably must, but from a more permanent perspective , it's all the same. We are spirit living in body; body isn't who we are . There's all the stuff about soul evolution and karma and whatnot, but those are temporary aspects . Okay, that was the area of the original question, but I'm just questioning (again) the need for the question.

I can't say we are not all magnificent spirits ; I guess it's a matter of how a person wants to look at other people . Focus on their lack of 'awakening' , or see that their real being is permanently 'awake' . I can't tell by looking , and I'm not in a position to decide for anyone else where they're at as far as all of this goes .

But I agree it seems there is a some ego and spiritual ambition floating around places like this . "My way is better than your way " kind of thing. That can be slow to let go of .

Yeah I can agree. For me it a story going on and all is god. And what a magnificient story!

revolver
06-07-2014, 12:49 AM
No ones way is the way, the way or the path only gets in the way. We are all pure consciousness, what we believe we are has nothing to do with who we are. The mind can never grasp the truth, the truth is beyond the mind, so therefore the experience of enlightenment is only secondary to that which is, the mind body can only experience that which is experienced through the mind, and because of this, that which we experience will be tainted in some way, because of the conditioning of the mind.

I personally see everyone in consciousness, the so called bad things done by people is nothing but ignorance, its not who they are. Jesus said to the father while being nailed to the cross, "forgive them father for they no not what they are doing", they didn't recognised the Christ within Jesus, or more importantly, the Christ within themselves.

Swami Chihuahuananda
06-07-2014, 01:04 AM
No ones way is the way, the way or the path only gets in the way. We are all pure consciousness, what we believe we are has nothing to do with who we are. The mind can never grasp the truth, the truth is beyond the mind, so therefore the experience of enlightenment is only secondary to that which is, the mind body can only experience that which is experienced through the mind, and because of this, that which we experience will be tainted in some way, because of the conditioning of the mind.

I personally see everyone in consciousness, the so called bad things done by people is nothing but ignorance, its not who they are. Jesus said to the father while being nailed to the cross, "forgive them father for they no not what they are doing", they didn't recognised the Christ within Jesus, or more importantly, the Christ within themselves.

That's what it gets down to, isn't it. It's not like you think it's going to be .
A bit like Einstein's "the universe isn't just stranger than you imagine; it's stranger than you CAN imagine"

revolver
06-07-2014, 01:11 AM
That's what it gets down to, isn't it. It's not like you think it's going to be .
A bit like Einstein's "the universe isn't just stranger than you imagine; it's stranger than you CAN imagine"
Yes that's it, and we as the mind body can never know that which is beyond the mind body, and really we don't have to, we are here to enjoy or creations through the mind body that we have made, or what has arisen from our consciousness, we are waves on the ocean of consciousness, and in truth there is nothing outside of consciousness, so we may as well set back and enjoy the ride, oh yea baby lol.:blob3:

silent whisper
06-07-2014, 01:50 AM

I thought you were only passing through..

Geez this world is strange how some say one thing and yet does another..making us think its going to be a certain way..

Maybe you meant you were passing wind.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24jK4uCafak

Swami Chihuahuananda
06-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Yes that's it, and we as the mind body can never know that which is beyond the mind body, and really we don't have to, we are here to enjoy or creations through the mind body that we have made, or what has arisen from our consciousness, we are waves on the ocean of consciousness, and in truth there is nothing outside of consciousness, so we may as well set back and enjoy the ride, oh yea baby lol.:blob3:

Yes, we are on the ride ,we are accepting and enjoying the inevitability
of the imaginary destination and the beauty of the waves . But it's not a river with a start and finish, it's an ocean and we are waves . Waves are of the ocean ; parts of ocean flowing into different forms. Water always flows in the ocean but it is it's own destination.

or something like that :wink:

Swami Chihuahuananda
06-07-2014, 03:17 AM
I thought you were only passing through..

Geez this world is strange how some say one thing and yet does another..making us think its going to be a certain way..

Maybe you meant you were passing wind.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24jK4uCafak

:D I was passing through but I got stuck. This is better than a bunch of cranky old farts talking about politics and guitars :smile:

revolver
06-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Yes, we are on the ride ,we are accepting and enjoying the inevitability
of the imaginary destination and the beauty of the waves . But it's not a river with a start and finish, it's an ocean and we are waves . Waves are of the ocean ; parts of ocean flowing into different forms. Water always flows in the ocean but it is it's own destination.

or something like that :wink:

Beautifully said, what more cam I say ?.

Swami Chihuahuananda
06-07-2014, 09:34 AM
what more cam I say ?.

I know , huh ? say some stuff, chop some wood, carry some water , get an inner tube and float around :wink:

Badger1777
06-07-2014, 09:53 AM
But who is really here?.

Everyone that is in the world, as per the question posed by the OP:smile: