PDA

View Full Version : The effect of alcohol on the aura

star-child
28-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I went to a psychic fair today to get an aura photograph. The man doing it asked me if I had a fun night out and that I must be feeling awful! I got a bit embarrassed because I did feel very hungover.

I looked at my photograph on the screen and my aura was bright red! It looked painful. The man explained how alcohol affects our energy levels and that the chakras are all under lots of stress. He didn't take my money because it wouldn't have been a true aura reading.

Unfortunately I always underestimate how bad alcohol is for you and today confirmed it.

michael55
28-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I bet 1 glass of wine a day makes the aura better. :)

Serenity Bear
30-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Iv known many a medium who likes a tipple, but they never go over the top to get drunk, just a glass here and there.

Iv never heard it showing up in an auragraph before, but I guess it would, as if your in pain that would show up, and thinking about it, the hangover would cause some energy difficulties.

star-child
30-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Iv known many a medium who likes a tipple, but they never go over the top to get drunk, just a glass here and there.

Iv never heard it showing up in an auragraph before, but I guess it would, as if your in pain that would show up, and thinking about it, the hangover would cause some energy difficulties.

I guess the title of this thread is a bit misleading, as I'm sure if if had a few glasses I would have been fine! I did get very drunk unfortunately which always messes with my emotions the day after as well as the obvious hangover.

Spiritlite
30-11-2010, 05:19 PM
oh I'm sure alchohol in amounts where it gets you depressed or whatever can change your aura. I know if I'm drunk and I'm not out having fun I think a lot and I seem to get depressed easier and even the day after while my body is detoxing and I'm sure it affects people's aura just like drugs etc, how can it not.
Spiritlite

Spiritlite
30-11-2010, 08:37 PM
True it was sincere of him.
Spiritlite.

Osian
30-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I went to a psychic fair today to get an aura photograph. The man doing it asked me if I had a fun night out and that I must be feeling awful! I got a bit embarrassed because I did feel very hungover.

I looked at my photograph on the screen and my aura was bright red! It looked painful. The man explained how alcohol affects our energy levels and that the chakras are all under lots of stress. He didn't take my money because it wouldn't have been a true aura reading.

Unfortunately I always underestimate how bad alcohol is for you and today confirmed it.

Just my opinion. Alcohol is actually toxic to us. It is man made unlike herb. Is it any wonder so many people have an allergy to alcohol so yes i believe it would alter your aura absolutely. Alcohol is of a lower energy and very good at covering depression or emotional issues. Interesting that it was red.

star-child
30-11-2010, 09:51 PM
that was very sincere of him.
True it was sincere of him.
Spiritlite.

Yes it was :smile: He said he wouldn't charge people if their auras where all red or a purple/grey colour (extreme laziness, no energy)

Just my opinion. Alcohol is actually toxic to us. It is man made unlike herb. Is it any wonder so many people have an allergy to alcohol so yes i believe it would alter your aura absolutely. Alcohol is of a lower energy and very good at covering depression or emotional issues. Interesting that it was red.

True, I never thought of alcohol as man made because when fruits rot they produce the alcohol but I guess it's not natural for us to eat rotting fruits!

Yes it was all bright red (when trying to see my aura it has been a turquoise colour) and he had a chakra graph too and each bar was red when I'm guessing usually they would often be the normal chakra colour.

may i pipe in and say that herb can cover up emotional issues too.

I think that would show up as a purple/grey colour, which I said at the start of the post that the guy wouldn't charge if he saw that colour too because it shows no energy/laziness which can be caused be cannabis (I assume your talking about that)

Tricia
30-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Excessive alcohol can bring out many negative things in a person, not only that, can also attract negativity in more ways than one

Sangress
30-11-2010, 10:31 PM
My aura lags at times like that (whether I'm being effected by other peoples intoxication or my own,) the "tendrils" on the outer layer of my aura sort of curls in on itself and doesn't keep up with any of the demands I put on it.

Strangely, mine doesn't change colour. It just moves and behaves differently/inappropriately, basically becomes useless because it's too busy trying to stay compacted otherwise it just unravels and drifts like smoke throughout a whole room and makes everyone act weird and feel ill as a result.

Osian
30-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Sorry folks when i said herb i meant nicotine :redface: but yes grass/cannabis is a naturally growing plant that indians etc used to use during ceremonies i believe. People have since abused it as an everyday excuse to relax/cover emotions whatever whatever...but still going back to alcohol although it can be naturally produced by fruit us humans go out of our way to produce ALOT of alcohol and again it' been abused. To me it's just not natural, it is mind altering and never to your highest good thats for sure. I have heard that our crown chakra is open when we sleep.... when we are drunk or stoned this allows allsorts of things to get in!!! ew....doesn't sound good does it. :smile:

Perhaps a reiki treatment will help you.

Osian
01-12-2010, 12:02 AM
rof***** i have had reiki on and off for 7 years.
thanks for your concern.

Glad i made you roll on the floor but the suggestion was for Star child, sorry!! :D

Sangress
01-12-2010, 04:42 AM
you absolutely fascinate me sangress.
Huh?

Hope it's in a good way...

(I don't get it...O_o)

Heh, I know an easier explanation for why my aura acts weird when I'm (or someone else near me/connected to me) is under the influence.

My aura gets as drunk as I feel/am and acts that way too. heh

Sangress
01-12-2010, 05:26 AM
well with what you say and talking about your experiences, it's intense and profound.

Ookay . . .

Well, it's normal to me.

Now back to the original topic......

star-child
01-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I have heard that our crown chakra is open when we sleep.... when we are drunk or stoned this allows allsorts of things to get in!!! ew....doesn't sound good does it.

Thats probably why I feel like death in the morning. Not just a hangover but emotionally I feel awful. I guess that's why my aura was red because it causes a lot of stress on my body as I'm quite sensitive.

Also for who it may concern, I am trying to stop drinking, as you can tell I don't react very well to it and it's nice to hear peoples view on alcohol, I like the negatives (well there isn't really many positives) because I want to have no desire to drink.

Osian
01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Thats great news Star child. I used to drink a fair bit :redface: and i decided to quit drinking may this year, it wasn't easy at first but in truth it is SO much better i can promise you that. Some people are more allergic than others. I'm 32 with 3 kids - being drunk or hungover is not nice!!! so yeh if your 'trying' to stop go for it. :D

Osian
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM
P.s I have no desire to drink whatsoever! :wink:

Osian
01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
The horse is never wrong. :D

Erato
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Sorry folks when i said herb i meant nicotine :redface: but yes grass/cannabis is a naturally growing plant that indians etc used to use during ceremonies i believe. People have since abused it as an everyday excuse to relax/cover emotions whatever whatever...but still going back to alcohol although it can be naturally produced by fruit us humans go out of our way to produce ALOT of alcohol and again it' been abused. To me it's just not natural, it is mind altering and never to your highest good thats for sure. I have heard that our crown chakra is open when we sleep.... when we are drunk or stoned this allows allsorts of things to get in!!! ew....doesn't sound good does it. :smile:

Perhaps a reiki treatment will help you.

I'm confused. If the crown chakra is open when we sleep then that is what "allows all sorts of things to get in" by definition. How does being drunk or stoned factor into that?

Osian
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm confused. If the crown chakra is open when we sleep then that is what "allows all sorts of things to get in" by definition. How does being drunk or stoned factor into that?

Hiya :smile: yes it confused me when i first heard it, i was on world puja (don't know if you have heard of it) and they were talking about how when alcohol or weed is abused and by abused i mean used as a way of getting off your face then this is attracting lower energies. The way i see it is when you keep your energy vibrating at a positive and high level it is more likely you are going to attract purity and more of the same however alcohol and weed is very good at masking our lower self seeking negative energies. When we sleep our soul goes off to play....for some drunk or stoned and attracting more negative energy hence the doom and gloom feeling the next day an so on.

mahakali
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
hmm, many would say that alcohol and weed makes them realize new things they wouldn't otherwise. i used to be a pot head and agree that if i only smoked once a month then it seemed to do nice things for me spiritually, i would see the world through different perspectives but unfortunately its hard for a pothead to just smoke once. sometimes i drink in social gatherings to loosen up which makes me meet new people and get to know them better, so i suppose that is good for the spirit, not the aura but is it all so bad? dont forget about the shamans that take triptamine and talk to the spirits, maybe they have protection from them so there week aura afterward is not so harmful? hmmm that makes me think also that maybe there is something we can do after drinking to bring us back to a good vibe or at least protect us until it gets better? maybe a crystal (i dont like to wear them for some reason) or maybe a mantra although i would feel guilty for using it for that. just some thoughts im not trying to support the use of drugs and alcohol, just trying to bring up some points.

Osian
01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
^I like your thinking ^

mahakali
01-12-2010, 08:07 PM
ha thanks. hey, perhaps we could use raki to smooth any holes in the aura or sage to purify it?

Erato
01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
hmm, many would say that alcohol and weed makes them realize new things they wouldn't otherwise. i used to be a pot head and agree that if i only smoked once a month then it seemed to do nice things for me spiritually, i would see the world through different perspectives but unfortunately its hard for a pothead to just smoke once. sometimes i drink in social gatherings to loosen up which makes me meet new people and get to know them better, so i suppose that is good for the spirit, not the aura but is it all so bad? dont forget about the shamans that take triptamine and talk to the spirits, maybe they have protection from them so there week aura afterward is not so harmful? hmmm that makes me think also that maybe there is something we can do after drinking to bring us back to a good vibe or at least protect us until it gets better? maybe a crystal (i dont like to wear them for some reason) or maybe a mantra although i would feel guilty for using it for that. just some thoughts im not trying to support the use of drugs and alcohol, just trying to bring up some points.
Shamans, especially shamans in Latin America, have used hallucinogenic plants and potions for thousands of years as aids in traveling between worlds. Shamanic experiences have been well documented over the years by scholars and laymen enthusiasts alike. The chakra theory doesn't seem to apply to them.

But why?

Is it because it's a false theory or is it because of the shamans' own "protective powers"?

I would like to see a serious argument in favor of the chakra theory. Horse Lover, can you point me in the right direction, please?

Osian
01-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Sorry Erata but i don't do serious argument for anyone.

It was an opinion based on what i have heard so often. I only have to look at those that do abuse substances and those that don't to see the difference in their energy and attitude to life in gereral. I see a major difference between the two and to be honest i can not see how people can be spiritually fit if they are off their face...simple. If you like i will do more research on this as i feel it is an interesting topic actually and certainly got me thinking. If it can be actually proven wouldn't this be great.

Erato
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry Erata but i don't do serious argument for anyone.

It was an opinion based on what i have heard so often. I only have to look at those that do abuse substances and those that don't to see the difference in their energy and attitude to life in gereral. I see a major difference between the two and to be honest i can not see how people can be spiritually fit if they are off their face...simple. If you like i will do more research on this as i feel it is an interesting topic actually and certainly got me thinking. If it can be actually proven wouldn't this be great.

Yes, it would be. :icon_thumleft:
You can do more research if you feel like it. It would be great to hear what you find out.

star-child
01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Thats great news Star child. I used to drink a fair bit and i decided to quit drinking may this year, it wasn't easy at first but in truth it is SO much better i can promise you that. Some people are more allergic than others. I'm 32 with 3 kids - being drunk or hungover is not nice!!! so yeh if your 'trying' to stop go for it.
P.s I have no desire to drink whatsoever!

Well done and thanks for sharing :D Very inspirational.

7luminaries
01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Amongst healers it's well known that cannabis and of course hard drugs can effectively cause "lock-out" for several days...as in you are locked out of your heart chakra...a terrible disembodied sort of feeling that is not at all the same as astral travelling. It appears that alcohol would only have a temporary effect, for the time the substance is in the bloodstream.

It doesn't appear that nicotine has quite the same effect as the others, although it is very possible it does have some effect for those who are highly addicted to it, and/or for those who are highly sensitive to it. Additionally, the negative long-term effects of nicotine on the physical body are well-known.

Similarly, those who are highly sensitive to caffeine and similar may feel that this too interferes with their meditative state, whilst for others, caffeine is a lifeblood with proven health benefits(LOL)...

As a healer, I'm very interested in learning more...I do wonder how the shamans in various parts of the world were able to "tame" the hallucinogens...I'm sure it had to do with being at a certain level spiritually and perhaps being able to very specifically control the metabolisation of the drugs...so as to avoid the routine problems. For the casual practioner, LOL...this is not really an option and so the drugs are best avoided...

Cheers :)
7L

Lightspirit
01-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I find alcohol inhibits the ability to see auras and feel energy

mahakali
02-12-2010, 06:06 AM
maybe being in tune with all your chackras is not all that its cracked up to be. just because your chackras are in tune does not mean your enlightened

Summerland
02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
ha thanks. hey, perhaps we could use raki to smooth any holes in the aura or sage to purify it?

mahakali, one of the first things that I was taught when I was studying Reiki was to never do Reiki on anyone who had been using alcohol or anything other than prescribed medication during the preceeding 24 hours. It can alter the effects of narcotics and alcohol, making them more severe. Plus Reiki doesn't do It's thing if either the practioner or client have been drinking/using drugs.

mahakali
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
hmmm shows how much i know :)

shamaan
17-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Marijuana can be used as an excellent tool for spiritual enhancement if used correctly. There are caveats, however. Someone mentioned that it weakens the aura and leaves "holes" in it, allowing negative energies to enter, and I tend to agree with that. The trick is to establish adequate protection first, both on your physical and subtle systems, and then proceed to use the use the energy from the herb to deepen and strengthen your perceptions. As a practitioner of Tantra, I use it extensively after establishing the ring of protection. Once the shield is set, and you are able to achieve the high, you could direct that energy for recreation or insight (I use a wonderful combination of both). I then turn on Reiki, which boosts the energy further, and I find trance music goes AMAZINGLY well with that state and acts as yet another catalyst. However, I wouldn't advise that anyone partake in it without adequate protection - figure out a way to protect yourself and then feel free to go full throttle!

Alcohol, on the other hand, is just not for me. I find that it interferes with the alpha-state and dulls my perception. Moreover, someone commented that it is a toxin, and I agree with that. Although one can argue that all drugs are pretty much toxins, what it really boils down to is whether you're able to manage the "fallout" from the by-products of the high from a particular intoxicant. The residue that alcohol leaves in your system obstruct the flow of psychic energy in your system, which is what you're able to feel clearly in the hangover the next day. It's kinda like "muddying the water" when the intention is to bring more "clarity" and better conduction of the chi/ki energy. It's not that I want to dissuade alcohol enthusiasts from it, it's just that it just doesn't go well with psychic deepening. I occasionaly like a good glass of scotch whiskey (or any really high quality alcohol that is known to give the least hangover) to get into a nice state where I want to sit back and converse with friends amidst some soft rock music, but it's not something I'd use for spiritual purposes.

BTW, I wouldn't label marijuana as a "drug" - simply because it's not in the same league as some hard drugs like cocaine, heroine, meth, etc. LSD and peyote would be awesome for spiritual enhancement, but they're not easily available and they need significant prep work before using them for spiritual purposes.

shamaan
17-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Looks like it posted my message twice... and I can't find a way to delete one of them.

Marijuana can be used as an excellent tool for spiritual enhancement if used correctly. There are caveats, however. Someone mentioned that it weakens the aura and leaves "holes" in it, allowing negative energies to enter, and I tend to agree with that. The trick is to establish adequate protection first, both on your physical and subtle systems, and then proceed to use the use the energy from the herb to deepen and strengthen your perceptions. As a practitioner of Tantra, I use it extensively after establishing the ring of protection. Once the shield is set, and you are able to achieve the high, you could direct that energy for recreation or insight (I use a wonderful combination of both). I then turn on Reiki, which boosts the energy further, and I find trance music goes AMAZINGLY well with that state and acts as yet another catalyst. However, I wouldn't advise that anyone partake in it without adequate protection - figure out a way to protect yourself and then feel free to go full throttle!

Alcohol, on the other hand, is just not for me. I find that it interferes with the alpha-state and dulls my perception. Moreover, someone commented that it is a toxin, and I agree with that. Although one can argue that all drugs are pretty much toxins, what it really boils down to is whether you're able to manage the "fallout" from the by-products of the high from a particular intoxicant. The residue that alcohol leaves in your system obstruct the flow of psychic energy in your system, which is what you're able to feel clearly in the hangover the next day. It's kinda like "muddying the water" when the intention is to bring more "clarity" and better conduction of the chi/ki energy. It's not that I want to dissuade alcohol enthusiasts from it, it's just that it just doesn't go well with psychic deepening. I occasionaly like a good glass of scotch whiskey (or any really high quality alcohol that is known to give the least hangover) to get into a nice state where I want to sit back and converse with friends amidst some soft rock music, but it's not something I'd use for spiritual purposes.

BTW, I wouldn't label marijuana as a "drug" - simply because it's not in the same league as some hard drugs like cocaine, heroine, meth, etc. LSD and peyote would be awesome for spiritual enhancement, but they're not easily available and they need significant prep work before using them for spiritual purposes.

Miss Hepburn
18-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Looks like it posted my message twice... and I can't find a way to delete one of them.
You can click edit then highlight and delete the post that way.
You may have to put 5-10 .....dots or something so it will post.
Or write - Deleted post--
But you did a good job.
:smile:

Lightspirit
07-06-2011, 03:45 AM
It stops me seeing peoples auras as the effects start. It all goes back to normal and I dont see anything. I need a clear head for that stuff like that. It needs some concentration and clear pathways.

Aquarian
13-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Just a sip of alcohol blocks me from perceiving auras although I can still work in the causal plane with expected lack of clarity.

Cannabis adds a lot of noise which makes intuition impossible. I can still heal people in spite of the added difficulty, partially because cannabis can aid narrow focus.

Aura photography (as opposed to Kirlian) is a con I'm afraid, made up from galvanic skin resistance in your hands.