PDA

View Full Version : Inclined Bed Therapy

Arcturus
21-06-2014, 09:25 AM
The claims for this therapy, or maybe even natural sleeping habit, are big and worthy of experimentation i feel. I went straight to 6 inches and it was too much. It said that once you try it you'll never go back and i won't, can't.

http://www.frex.com.au/8inchbed.jpg

Potential Benefits To You ...

Kidney function improvements, puffy face and eyes quickly heal.
Great news for senior men, prostrate enlargement reduced.
Bladder function optimized and repaired.
Damaged spinal cord repair - from wheel chair to walking.
Teenagers report all pimples went in two weeks (verified).
MS, Parkinson's, Hashimotor's and Arthritis improvements.

Huge detox to the body, this has been verified via client response to lymphatic massage (clients on IBT no-longer display symptoms of toxin flush) when they are sleeping incline.
Sleep right through the night. Breathing problems eliminated, sleep apnea, snoring, cot deaths resolved.
Provides Fascia Trauma Unwinding - Absolutely incredible how this function of Inclined Bed Therapy operates via gentle prolonged traction to the whole body. If you want to feel younger, pain free, energized and in good health, give this a go.

Bones actually grow longer, you will grow taller.
Balances the pelvic girdle and addresses Scoliosis/Kyphosis/Lordosis and Dowager's hump problems.
Never be cold again in Winter, IBT keeps the body metabolism ticking along. You will get hotter in Summer, so take off the extra covers.
Clients with high blood pressure have seen their blood pressure normalize after a few months.
Nightly dreams become lucid (may be a product of lower toxins in the body and elevated oxygen levels).

Your heart wont work as hard, now this is going to extend life a decade or more.
Type II Diabetic sufferers have experienced and reported a normalizing of their blood glucose levels.
Oedema problems resolved. Incline the bed from the head and be surprised by the results.
A most common report is that sleeping incline feels more natural than sleeping flat. People after sleeping incline for a few months are never happy going back to sleeping horizontal. This is very addictive.

A message to smokers! For the first few weeks, may be a month, you will start coughing when you get out of bed in the morning, and this may pass after half an hour or so. This is IBT repairing your lungs. The increased humidity in your lungs and respiration improvements will provide an opportunity for your body to help repair damage done from smoking. IBT will also make it easier to kick the habit and for you to enter the wellness zone.

The best part is, it is free. Just a few blocks of wood under your bed.
Always start out at 2 or 3 inches, then slowly work up to 6 to 7 inches incline.

I find its supposed help in cot death scenario's interesting. My own experience with it is that it decreases cerebral odema or neuro inflammation, by releasing pressure on the brain stem, as energy is encouraged to flow downwards to the feet, instead of pooling in the head. I have Myalgic Encepholomyelitis or M.E. (as well as mcs) which is, the encepholomyelitis part, cerebral odema. it is most common in young babies, first year i think. Its also possibly helpfull for the mentally hyper, or fatigued, i think.

All cautions and contra-indications taken into account from the link. Going slow is very important. I sleep at 3 inches and thats enough for me for now.

IBT>
http://www.frex.com.au/ibt.html

Please make sure you do it safely and robustly if you try it as a 6 inch drop during sleep can't be good and might injure..and maybe ask someone else to prop it up. Ive used bricks for now.

http://www.frex.com.au/ibt-woman.jpg

Arcturus
21-06-2014, 09:32 AM
This on the IBT FB page:https://www.facebook.com/InclinedBedTherapy?fref=photo

This posed the question "why on Earth do people sleep flat?" Animals seldom sleep flat unless it is imposed upon them by us!

Have we always slept flat? 4 thousand years ago the Ancient Egyptians slept on Inclined beds, raised by 6 inches at the head end ! In the Tudor Period, Europeans slept sitting up afraid that if they laid down, the sweating sickness would take them. 2 guards were placed at the bedside to prevent them from sleeping horizontally.

Ancient Inclined beds have been discovered in a Canadian Napoleonic fort, A castle In Prague, Pharaohs Tombs in Ancient Egypt.

ancient bed with 6 inch inclination and even a foot rest

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/946466_572900492733109_1545395506_n.jpg

Arcturus
21-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Cool photo!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/1450870_659150030774821_208240762_n.jpg

Arcturus
21-06-2014, 11:24 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/1239739_619448551411636_473128872_n.jpg

supposedly.

muileag
21-06-2014, 12:05 PM
This makes total sense! I'll have to do a bit of research before I move and set up another bedroom :smile:

Kaere
21-06-2014, 12:31 PM
From personal experience, there is something to this. After both my c-sections, I had to sleep inclined for about a month afterwards or I was horribly nauseous, being sick, and just generally not right. I naturally gravitated towards being inclined, it felt instinctual. When I was able to sleep on my tummy again is when I was able to sleep flat again.

Badger1777
21-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Which end is raised? The head end?

That would make some sense for me. I'm one of the many, many people who's llower esophageal sphincter doesn't close tight enough, allowing stomach acid to trickle up into my throat, causing inflammation.

Would not the perfect position be more hammock like, ie sagging in the middle so that everything naturally drains towards your bum, where the necessary biology is in place to deal with toxins? Otherwise would you not be increasing the risk of thrombosis in your lower legs, due to the blood welling up under gravity, with the reduced heart rate and activity of sleep?

Arcturus
21-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Th e head end. I understand your reasoning Badger1777, about the thrombosis etc and why from some angles, it seems counter-intuitive, but it does seem to be the way. I think ts important, in this, that you be hoizontal/flat whilst inclined, that way your weight is evenly distributed over the mattres. Sleeping with just your back elevated, for instance, can create pressure in the lumbar region of your back, so i read.

If you want to help reflux i highly recommend combining your food according to the "Hay diet". Its primary action is stopping reflux.

Also the feet do need to be lower than even the knees to promote the downward flow/grounding. The spleen/pancreas meridian ends on the big toe and is activated by sleeping like this, as is the gall bladder meridian, which governs the downward flow of energy in the body. the release of pressure on the brainstem alone may significantly help the function of the heart anyway. All in my opinion. Try both maybe. I'd guess its been played with though but no harm in further experimentation.

Hey Kaere, for years its been, instinctively, in the back of my head (literally) that it would help any neuro inflamation I have. And it has helped.

It would be nteresting to hear your experiences muileag, even if its not pro IBT, as thats helpfull too. Good luck.

I believe in hospitals that its used in certain situations at present. Stroke or brain damaged individuals could benefit from this i feel. I've seen it discussed on an M.S. forum and other illness forums.

I think it's could get fairly big. My mother tells me that the worse thing you can do during a heart attack is lie down.

Important to do the whole bed and not just the back and do it properly and safely and start slowly. It would be interesting to hear how relatively healthy people get on with as I've only read and discussed it with the chronically ill so fars.

Im only at 3 inches as my ability to ground most therapies is poor, and more does back fire on me but then even acupuncture leaves me feeling winded so im not really a good gauge for others.

The guy who runs the page i linked tried inclined (head end), flat and inclined feet end. He tested his urine and the highest specfic gravity was inlined with head. Most concentrated and hence more detoxing.

norseman
30-06-2014, 07:35 AM
I have the head-end of my bed raised - actually two Argos catalogues under the feet. I also take Lansoprazole capsule at night to prevent gastric reflux.

Arcturus
30-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Argos lol, good for something then? i do shop at argos. couple of bricks, one under each, has done me plenty for now. im more fussed on the affect than the aesthetic too, though it would be nicer to have a made for frame. reckon they'll be on the market one day. adjustable inclined beds. hmm wish i hadn't sold that woodworking machinery.

Badger1777
30-06-2014, 05:51 PM
I have the head-end of my bed raised - actually two Argos catalogues under the feet. I also take Lansoprazole capsule at night to prevent gastric reflux.

I might give that a try:smile: