PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about

hopeful harry
18-06-2014, 09:23 AM
When practicing chi gong?

Rah nam
18-06-2014, 09:58 AM
After years of Tai chi I practiced some chi gong in the context of the Healing Dao. This particular chi gong form was to strengthen certain parts of the body, in particular the substructure, inner linings.
I don't think about, I focus.
No matter whether it is Tai chi, chi gong, or all other practices of the Daoist Yoga.

hopeful harry
29-06-2014, 11:37 AM
When doing my chi gong I can't seem to focus. My mind is all over the place..... Will I still feel the benefit?

Rah nam
30-06-2014, 03:14 AM
When doing my chi gong I can't seem to focus. My mind is all over the place..... Will I still feel the benefit?
Over time your mind will settle.
Be patient

Kikue
10-07-2014, 05:46 AM
After calming my mind at the beginning of my Qigong session, I think about breath. Simply breathing, at first. As my mind releases thought to be replaced with my focus on energy from the dantian. Actually, it all depends on how the flow of Qi is flowing and my willingness to participate. Then again, it all comes back to the mind and thoughts. It can hinder Qi. That is why we practice. After a while, it is less mind, and more flow of energy.

peteyzen
12-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Focus on your breathing at tan tien.

The Back Seat
02-09-2014, 02:27 PM
You need to focus on everything internal. The easiest is the breath. Try doing a simple breathing meditation before doing tai chi. There are many breathing meditation techniques. I found it easiest to use a mantra with the breath. You can think "breath in" when breathing in and "breath out" during exhale. I like to imagine I'm breathing into an area such as the solar plexus area. Think about cleaning the area with the exhale and filling the area with positive chi on the inhale. You can do anything as long as you are focused internally. You can meditate on posture and how you feel with a erect spine as apposed to a hunched spine. After practice with simple techniques you will understand the feeling of focusing internally and will be able to focus directly on chi without using a technique to get there.