PDA

View Full Version : wondering why

auroragirl
18-06-2014, 12:26 AM
the more spiritual my life becomes the easier it gets and it becomes easier to accept and understand things, but sometimes I just wonder why the world is the way it is. Why are people self destructive and harmful to others? Why do we choose things that are so heavy when we are made of love and can really be lighthearted and happy all the time. Why? I still struggle with this one...

wolfmanthe1st
18-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Based on your comment "we are made of love" that tells me that you are a more spiritually developed being much more so than over 95% of the population. Very few realize that the universe is built and based on love. There are two basic emotions love and fear. Everything is a branch off of these two emotions. You are on the "branch of love". Much of our media promotes fear which in turn causes people to be worrisome, self-doubting, critical of oneself and not practicing self-love.It also causes people to be harmful to others. Furthermore, we are what we eat. When an animal is killed or treated badly during its lifetime and the animal is subsequently eaten by human some of the trauma the experienced is passed on through the consumption of its cells/flesh leading to aggressive behavior by the humans who eat the animal products. I would guess there is a greater than 50% chance that you don't eat dead animals (meat).

Ivy
18-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Have you ever read Jonathon Livingston Seagull? Jonathon worked hard on himself and enjoyed the success, but there came a choice to go on to higher than high or to return to where he started. he chose to return.

To be love, seeking happiness and success for oneself, looking at others as lacking something that you have, ceases to exist.

kris
18-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Why are people self destructive and harmful to others? Why do we choose things that are so heavy when we are made of love and can really be lighthearted and happy all the time. Why? I still struggle with this one...Ignorance is what leads to destructive and harmful behavior.

Emmalevine
18-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Auroragirl, I feel just the same as you and I struggle with suffering, particularly when caused by deliberate evil.

Ivy, do you mean that being a truly loving person doesn't mean seeing those trapped in fear as lacking something?

I find that quite hard to understand. On the one level, everyone IS whole and part of Wholeness. That I understand. But I see people who operate entirely from the level of fear as having a lower level of consciousness. I don't mean I am better than those people, just that they are currently unable to operate at the higher levels. So I would say they do lack something - awareness.

I'm just wondering what you mean and how my thoughts fit in with what you mean, if you'd care to say?

Lorelyen
18-06-2014, 03:21 PM
the more spiritual my life becomes the easier it gets and it becomes easier to accept and understand things, but sometimes I just wonder why the world is the way it is. Why are people self destructive and harmful to others? Why do we choose things that are so heavy when we are made of love and can really be lighthearted and happy all the time. Why? I still struggle with this one...

Simply because they haven't reached your stage of thinking. There are too many distractions to stop people thinking about what their real selves might hold and the values they entail.

But you must understand that we aren't entirely made of love. Mars and Geburah (war/power/destruction) on the Tree of Life balance with Chesed (Mercy) and the aim that in the middle there'll be a balance. Destruction is part of an old wisdom of destruction and renewal to allow evolution at any level, spiritual or physical - it happens in our bodies and in the universe - and for that matter in our psyches which have a dark side whether we care to admit it or not.

:smile:

Ivy
18-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Auroragirl, I feel just the same as you and I struggle with suffering, particularly when caused by deliberate evil.

Ivy, do you mean that being a truly loving person doesn't mean seeing those trapped in fear as lacking something?

I find that quite hard to understand. On the one level, everyone IS whole and part of Wholeness. That I understand. But I see people who operate entirely from the level of fear as having a lower level of consciousness. I don't mean I am better than those people, just that they are currently unable to operate at the higher levels. So I would say they do lack something - awareness.

I'm just wondering what you mean and how my thoughts fit in with what you mean, if you'd care to say?

I don't find love helpful as a name for that deep/divine connection. Because to be a 'loving' person refers to the emotion 'love'. I took love here to mean, a relationship with divinity. One can't be a 'truly divine person' in the same way that one could be a 'truly loving person'. everything, including humans are divine, without more or less. In this way, we are all love, without necessarily being 'loving'.

I feel everything, every animal, every person, every stone connected on each and every level. Everything is operating on the highest levels, and everything is operating on the lowest levels.

Awareness doesn't change the way the universe operates, it is simply that a persons focus or awareness changes. When people become aware of higher self, and no longer are aware of fear, their focus in life has altered. When awareness expands, it incorporates a wider view, so one may view both fear and bliss in the bigger picture.

To accept the whole spectrum offered by the opposites as love/one/divine, the separation that creates an other person to be viewed as lacking something that I possess, ceases to be.