PDA

View Full Version : Sharing

heartsmart
16-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Hey
Somebody told me once that when you share something there's no blessing in it.
Is this true?
Is it bad to share too much for example on facebook or wherever

Do you think celebreties have bad lives because of this?

exaft
17-06-2014, 03:02 AM
no
i like to share my cake with my friends, they seem to enjoy it too.
too much cake is bad for you, not too much sharing.

Baile
17-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Pretty sure celebrities' bad lives have to do with clubbing and coke. With sharing, you're setting yourself up for judgement. If you're the type of personality who is easily hurt by peoples' negative opinions, then sharing will not be a blessing for you but a curse of sorts, that is true.

Greenslade
17-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Whatever you share wherever can be either a blessing or a curse, at the end of the day what matters is how you handle what comes back. Agreement and contradiction are the same no matter how it's packaged. A little discernment is needed though, is Facebook the right place to share your Spiritual beliefs given the people who will read it and are your selfies going to go down so well on here? That being said you may be surprised by replies to your Spiritual beliefs on Facebook.

Lorelyen
17-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Celebs seem to be the dystopian deities for the masses these days.
The greatest sharing to me is the compromises one has to make to enjoy friendship, partnership and balance.

heartsmart
18-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure celebrities' bad lives have to do with clubbing and coke. With sharing, you're setting yourself up for judgement. If you're the type of personality who is easily hurt by peoples' negative opinions, then sharing will not be a blessing for you but a curse of sorts, that is true.

So its all in the reaction would you say?
The person who said this said that we need to be humble

heartsmart
18-06-2014, 05:33 PM
no
i like to share my cake with my friends, they seem to enjoy it too.
too much cake is bad for you, not too much sharing.

well you should share cake...

heartsmart
18-06-2014, 05:38 PM
For example on facebook, where ppl are sharing everything about their lives, like whatever they do at any times of the day, do their lives decrease in blessing due to all the sharing? is there some sort of g-d bank that makes it somehow bad to share information? is life more magical when we are humble about it?

Baile
18-06-2014, 05:49 PM
So its all in the reaction would you say?
The person who said this said that we need to be humbleNo, there's cruelty in the world. People need to protect themselves and not place themselves in situations that have a tendency to lead to unkindness for example. Being humble is different than being smart and knowing one's self.

Royalite
18-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Umm...in terms of putting all your information out into the public or sharing your personal information? For me, that's bad. I value my privacy and if you do decide to put your entire life story out there fully equipped with who you slept with where and why and how, then just be ready to deal with the consequences. For example, if I put my cell phone number on this site and ask people to call me, then a possible consequence is that I'll be called, possibly by people who don't have my best interest at heart. My younger, stupid, "It can't happen to me" self once gave out personal information to people I didn't really know online and I was harassed as a result by a rejected stalker.

For celebrities, many of them I feel bad that they aren't able to lead their lives outside of the public eye. Many young people go to clubs, etc but don't have access to the things celebrities and the wealthy their age have access to, nor do they have as much spotlight, as large an entourage or as much pressure. They have access to so much, yet not nearly as much room to truly learn and grow. And that's what sharing too much can prevent. Room to come into your own.

Baile
18-06-2014, 06:20 PM
For example on facebook, where ppl are sharing everything about their lives, like whatever they do at any times of the day, do their lives decrease in blessing due to all the sharing?Where are you getting this idea about blessings? And about blessings decreasing: how do blessings decrease, or increase for that matter? What specific thoughts are you connecting that make you think blessings somehow has to do with public sharing, or Facebook, or...? You may as well ask if blessings are better or worse if one eats lunch and goes for a walk afterwards. There's no connecting logic to the question. That, or I'm missing your point completely here.

Baile
18-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Umm...in terms of putting all your information out into the public or sharing your personal information? For me, that's bad. I value my privacyRight, and that's what I said. So how does this connect with the question, do you know? It's simply a personal privacy issue and decision.

Royalite
18-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Right, and that's what I said. So how does this connect with the question, do you know? It's simply a personal privacy issue and decision.

Yeah, my thinking was that if you're sharing all of your personal information then you're setting yourself so that more people will try to include themselves in your lives and can use your information to take advantage of you and do things that are not in your best interest. Like perform blackmail, or stalk you, which they are more able to do if you share your personal information with them.

So yes, it's a choice. But you are inviting the possibility of experiencing negative repercussions.

I think it's the word blessing that might be confusing people. I substituted it with benefit and hardship.