PDA

View Full Version : having a hard time believing we are one collective consciousness

yumi14
14-06-2014, 03:27 AM
With so much hate, crime, violence, NWO agendas and the list can go on and on.....I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the theory that we are all part of one collective consciousness.

Its hard for me to think people like Jeffrey Dahmer ,Charles Manson, the illuminati or Hitler are part of the whole.

Just can't grasp this angle of thinking.

I suppose I can see the viewpoint that source wishes to have experiences of all possibilities and knowledge of such....but, its also hard to accept.

Any insight would be appreciated :hug3:

Dwerg
14-06-2014, 04:48 AM
Are humans inherently good or is it just that some don't do as much harm to others? I can certainly grasp even the most hateful person to do the same as me, finding a way to live... You don't necessarily have to agree with their ways, but it's possible to understand their point of view and not become them. If you decide to be good I suggest you learn from people you consider good.

In my opinion the idea of the collective consciousness is more of a recognition of the desire to live and not die, and that we all desire this. Ever wondered why some people kill themselves because of depression? I know because I have been there, and that is the moment you decide your own fate. Some fail to see the option of life. It's this desire to live that drives me in spite of everything. At that time I felt disconnected, now I feel more connected than ever before. I see there is good and there is bad, I choose good, I choose life, I choose us and won't let any amount of bad stop that.

You can't have good without knowing bad, we all make mistakes, we all stumble around in this mess we call life. And it seems we inevitably have to face the fact that we do indeed die, to me that's all the better reason to do good in the little time I have. Compassion, happiness and all the positive feelings will be in the best interest of yourself and everyone around you.

I know it's hard to accept, I spent 6 months furiously trying to accept so much negativity, but when I knew of the light at the end of it there was no going back.

So let's take accepting Hitler. In accepting him and seeing his point of view and seeing his mistakes but also recognizing that he wished to UNITE Europe, we can learn what he did wrong so we don't make the same mistake again and let it go because we can't change what has happened. His intentions were right, but his approach to the problem was way off. He had a lot of people with him because of his intentions (the German people), but the harm he did caused a whole lot of other people to strike back at the injustice. It's karma on a large scale, he let the wrong emotions (anger) fuel his actions and it came crashing back on him.

On such an order of magnitude what can seem like the wrong action (fighting back) became justified because it was in the best interest of the most amount of people, because someone could see that letting Hitler rule Europe considering his approach would inevitably not be good for most of us.

We all let bad feelings get the better of us sometimes no matter how perfect someone seems. What makes us good is our choices and willingness to do what we know is right. And seriously I tried this once, I told myself to do what I knew was right without further thought. Surprisingly I did nothing wrong, I already know what is right because everyone keeps telling each other what is right and wrong. Shortly after I got things in return for doing the right thing, and you can probably guess how that motivates me to keep doing what I know to be right and listen to people.

So yeah, we are all parts of one whole in that nobody knows exactly how everyone can be happy ever after. Compassion is the drive to keep trying though. Spirituality for me is to find ways to keep myself in a place of compassion and find new ways to express it, in other words to take care of myself so I can take care of others. I wouldn't even write all this if I didn't care. :)

Greenslade
14-06-2014, 10:32 AM
....but, its also hard to accept.
There's your answer.

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

elisi
14-06-2014, 11:15 AM
atter-rain.com/genko/collec.htm

very interesting article on the collective consciousness.

yumi14
14-06-2014, 07:44 PM
There's your answer.

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

Can you elaborate?

yumi14
14-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.

I suppose I need to add something here....

What about those who demonstrate zero remorse, zero repentance for the evil that they do?

This is the key aspect of my confusion of a collective consciousness.

Baile
14-06-2014, 09:37 PM
What about those who demonstrate zero remorse, zero repentance for the evil that they do?

This is the key aspect of my confusion of a collective consciousness.You're imagining this question from an intellectual perspective. Spirit cannot be understood via the intellect. We are all, collectively and in spirit, an aspect of the mind of the All. That's all you need to meditate and reflect on.

Mr Interesting
15-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Sometimes the baddies are really just acting out the subconscious of the public at large... that in a sense makes them both martyrs and heroes!

Seawolf
15-06-2014, 06:51 AM
With so much hate, crime, violence, NWO agendas and the list can go on and on.....I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the theory that we are all part of one collective consciousness.

Its hard for me to think people like Jeffrey Dahmer ,Charles Manson, the illuminati or Hitler are part of the whole.

I suppose I can see the viewpoint that source wishes to have experiences of all possibilities and knowledge of such....but, its also hard to accept.

Do we see into our own souls and know the darkness within? It's normal for the brain to ignore alot of things. We naturally have a illusory positive view of ourselves, which is part of how we evolved. Spirituality sometimes attempts to remove this veil and fearlessly face the hate hiding within.

Greenslade
15-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Can you elaborate?

As you said yourself - With so much hate, crime, violence, NWO agendas and the list can go on and on.....I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the theory that we are all part of one collective consciousness.

It's our thoughts and beliefs that separate us, and often we are our own worst enemy. There's a saying, "If you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit." To me there's a reason behind everything, the Universe allows the existence of hate, the NWO and all the things you don't like. All the things you can't accept. All those things are a part of the collective consciousness as much as everything that is discussed in here and while you can't accept it, they are just as much a part of the Universe. But how does Spirit think about this one? Does Spirit think in terms of good and bad, and if it did then would these thing even happen in the first place?

So there we are in Spirit just before we become human, and you decide you want to have the experience of being murdered brutally. Who am I to deny you that experience? In Spirit there is Unconditional Love and as part of that I'm in a quandary because I Love you enough to give you that experience even though I know what it's going to do to you. But because you need that experience I agree and we go through with it when we become human. From that, I also experience what it is like to murder someone brutally and show zero remorse.

Good and bad are human judgements, but if you're going down the good and bad route then what is good and what is bad? Is it bad of me to murder you brutally or is it bad of me to deny both of us that experience?

For me, from an observational standpoint the murder is about two Spirits Walking their chosen Paths just the same as everyone else. The person that feels zero remorse is as much a Spirit on a human Journey as anyone else, there's no difference apart from the chosen Path. After that we can have our own perceptions and judgements.

"Bad things happen to good people." Yes they do, but it's what makes good people good often-times. If we are here to learn the lessons, have the experience etc. then we need to realise that it's often the bad things that give us the best experience/lessons. The only dark places that exist in the Universe are the places where we haven't shed our Light, calling them bad and not shining our Light on them isn't expanding our consciousness.

silent whisper
15-06-2014, 01:42 PM

You cant think your way there that is why.

You really got to unravel yourself back to the point of nothing to understand everything really.

Tanemon
15-06-2014, 02:18 PM
I believe it was the Swiss psychological therapist and theorist Carl Jung who came up with a term similar to "collective consciousness". The idea has spread and probably been interpreted in a variety of ways.

Anyhow, Jung had been a co-worker and student of Sigmund Freud, and Freud had detected a personal subconscious mind, which he and his followers worked with in doing therapy with people. Jung felt that besides that, there is also a family subconscious, a national subconscious, a racial subconscious - and these are like currents running under our ordinary everyday conscious awareness. He also taught there was a collective subconscious (or unconscious) functioning underneath all of this.

The thing is that in any given individual at any point in time, the influences of these different factors can combine in different ways. So we get all sorts of variety among human beings. Not all of these humans are kind or humanitarian.

In his dialogues with spiritual teachers (such as D.T. Suzuki, the Zen scholar), it was suggested to Jung and other Western psychologists that beyond the collective human unconscious exists a "cosmic unconscious" - a cosmic intelligence that many people are either unaware of or only very occasionally aware of.

DayLight1555
23-06-2014, 01:51 PM

Well, it's not that the Source WISHES to experience all. It's more like it just DOES. It was designed to do it (so to speak). It's how it exists. It's what it does. It's like air. It doesn't wish to help us humans to breathe. It just does because that's what it does.

LIFE is about seeking the best solution. I guess it's hard to explain what I meant by that exactly. But LIFE and everything in it exists by growing.

Everything on Earth grows, right? The flower grows from the seed. The adult grows from the seed/baby. The planet Earth starts off with something and grows into what it is now.

Everything in life grows. It's just the way it exists.

The spirits told me that humans are all good. I know it's hard to understand. But it's like humans are the seeds which will grow into flowers. When you look at the seed and it looks ugly (nothing like the flower into which it will grow), you will still lovingly handle the seed because you know that it's really the flower (or it will become the flower). But the essence of the flower is in the seed.

The same thing with babies. Babies are disobedient and they cause messes and trouble. And yet parents don't see them as bad and send them to jail. Parents see them as adorable. They expect them to grow and to change. The bad behavior is expected of the babies.

Humans are like the seeds which will eventually grow into flowers. So they are perceived as flowers to begin with (by those who know that these humans will grow into flowers).

Humans are like unruly babies which will eventually grow into mature and good adults. So those who observe them adore them. (afterall, when adults see babies fight with each other, they don't say: you're bad, you're disgusting and ugly. They just distance the babies because they know that the babies simply did not learn NOT to fight.

So the bad exists because life is designed with a growth factor in mind. Things start from the seed and eventually become the flower.

The bad people are the future beautiful flowers. It's the law of the universe. It's how life is seeded and becomes something good.

Plus, reincarnation exists because people can't magically become good. They have to GROW INTO GOOD. They have to grow. And as such, they will experience growing pains. It's inevitable. People don't just cross over and became good. They continue growing and learning and changing.

DayLight1555
23-06-2014, 01:53 PM
You cant think your way there that is why.

You really got to unravel yourself back to the point of nothing to understand everything really.

I am not sure if you know this, but to others (to those who read this), this sounds like a meaningless statement. You probably have some point, but it can't be seen through this particular statement.

When you say "unravel yourself to the point of nothing" it's like saying: alj;ldkaj;fkljdalk;fjasdjfl;kdsajf;lksadj;fjsd.

So you'll have to find a different way to explain your idea.

elisi
23-06-2014, 02:02 PM
we are all connected. the native americans believe separateness is an illusion.

it's all about balance.

Volaju
23-06-2014, 03:02 PM
My own internal definition of the ideas of Collective Conscious, is more than just the fact that its a massive spiraling entity connected to a singular more powerful conscious - its also the fact that our minds and bodies can operate on levels of consciousness through our own internal and external energy bodies. Essentially, it means we are more than just the left and right brain, or that same personality we feel throughout life - that we are a collection of energies and thought-forms and of course universal creativity. It goes both ways of course.

silent whisper
23-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I am not sure if you know this, but to others (to those who read this), this sounds like a meaningless statement. You probably have some point, but it can't be seen through this particular statement.

When you say "unravel yourself to the point of nothing" it's like saying: alj;ldkaj;fkljdalk;fjasdjfl;kdsajf;lksadj;fjsd.

For you it may sound meaningless.
So perhaps you are asking for some deeper meaning yourself?

I wonder who your speaking for?

Black Sheep
23-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm going to pop in, and say that this statement to me, is personally deep and profound. I found it really uplifting, and so much power behind it.
Thank you for sharing, it has a very deep meaning to me. :hug:

Arcturus
23-06-2014, 06:23 PM
i don't suppose universal mind has rules on how it should play out. "Good" will prevail, i imagine, its in the the fabric of matter isn't it? certainly the universe seems more full of beauty than pain.. perhaps mans faults are his own making & not part of some divine plan? they might be looking on and going what the hecks going on? I feel i see traces of higher beings at work in common culture, for the good. But if they hold our hands, if they exist that is, we remain children. not in the sense of innocence but in the sense unable to support ourselves. ive recently been getting the feeling that consciousness itself is common to all. the body just makes its version of it. every morning you wake you are already part of universal consciousness. that connection is strong at birth and slowly becomes the same as the rest of societies, disconnected by poor health and psycholgical ideas and concepts.

DayLight1555
23-06-2014, 07:09 PM
For you it may sound meaningless.
So perhaps you are asking for some deeper meaning yourself?

I wonder who your speaking for?

Someone else claims to have understood. But it's only because they must have more information. Because a statement itself means nothing. But if a person knows the explanation behind it, then they would get the meaning. Or maybe it means to them completely something else than was intended. I was just saying that deep and profound statements won't be understood unless they have an explanation attached. Unless you don't care if people understand it of course.

Greenslade
23-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Someone else claims to have understood. But it's only because they must have more information. Because a statement itself means nothing. But if a person knows the explanation behind it, then they would get the meaning. Or maybe it means to them completely something else than was intended. I was just saying that deep and profound statements won't be understood unless they have an explanation attached. Unless you don't care if people understand it of course.
Not necessarily. Sometimes we can come across a statement and think 'that makes sense' but we have no idea of any explanation behind it. It's called Gnosis - you know without knowing how you know. Most people have it but they don't use it, but it's served me well so far.

silent whisper
23-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Not necessarily. Sometimes we can come across a statement and think 'that makes sense' but we have no idea of any explanation behind it. It's called Gnosis - you know without knowing how you know. Most people have it but they don't use it, but it's served me well so far.

That sounds like me...it serves me well too.
But again I have strong intuition so it leads that space.
Not everyone uses their intuition to understand in this way, but require a more logical view point to gain deeper understanding and of course, all part of the wonderful interconnectedness of bringing all different ways of understanding together.

silent whisper
23-06-2014, 10:16 PM

Perhaps I can offer you another way. I am not sure if you want it.

You are kind of speaking in terms of what others might need.

Did you understand it yourself?

"The others" does that include you?

I am open to offer an expanded view of my statement but only for you if you would like one.. Would you like it?

Sometimes in asking direct for understanding for ourselves we learn much about how we develop a deeper understanding through spaces we do not understand.

I will wait for you to respond for YOU...before I go on further.

1life
23-06-2014, 10:39 PM
hey i hear you roger that. excellent question. I had trouble with it for a while too .

first off and this is a biggy . Did you see Hitler do it ? Dahmer , manson , GW Bush etc. the pope . ?

you have read it the internet . you did go to school and were taught there too. But the truth of the matter is that its ALL hearsay . very very convincing hearsay at that. That's more relevant than if it actually happened or not.

life is like a 5 year old girl playing with a ken doll in one hand and a barbie doll in the other hand. But the girl ( life ) only allows itself to know each doll one at a time.

life is timeless. It can go from one person to another ( and does ) between time. no time elapses. but life doesn't want to know its actually everyone. Its not as fun or challenging.

How fun is it to play on both sides of a chess game or a basket ball game ? you decide who wins and you decide who loses all the time.

Life is not stupid . Its pure ability including the ability to not know what ever it chooses. Life knows it exists alright . But while playing in its physical world playground it pretends to be stupid.

the so called bad guys of the world have a purpose . The purpose is to oppose good guys.

Opposing good guys is a bad thing that bad guys do. it generates sensation .

but its till all one life. Theres no good god and bad god . Just god aka life.

we can choose to beleive there is and many do but i believe there's just 1life for all

there can not be bad guys without the good guys first .

its a law of duality .

Mr Interesting
23-06-2014, 11:11 PM
You don't have to believe in one consciousness... it'll find you eventually.

At some stages such statements are meaningless but they set up the path to discoveries which then allow them meaning. Just believing may not be enough without seeing within life the connections which would bring the understanding.

At one point I saw that even within a simple traffic accident both parties get equal responsibility... one is the active part whilst the other could be called passive but both meet to enact something for each to learn their part in bringing it into being... this hints at the collective one.

It's the underneathedness, the silence and stillness it all sits upon and once this takes a more rounded place in ones life we can see the self, the ego as it were, just riding atop these energies... which don't define action so much as enable... it'll come.

DayLight1555
24-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Perhaps I can offer you another way. I am not sure if you want it.

You are kind of speaking in terms of what others might need.

Did you understand it yourself?

"The others" does that include you?

I am open to offer an expanded view of my statement but only for you if you would like one.. Would you like it?

Sometimes in asking direct for understanding for ourselves we learn much about how we develop a deeper understanding through spaces we do not understand.

I will wait for you to respond for YOU...before I go on further.

I was just speaking in general terms, that it's more helpful to explain what you mean. Otherwise, it's not helpful at all. So if you mean to help the poster, you probably should explain what you mean. But no need for my sake.

Adept
24-06-2014, 01:52 AM

What's meant by collective unconsciousness is aspects of humanity are in all of us. We all tend to naturally fear the dark, for example. All our religion tend to breed the same archetypes, as another example. Likewise, discussion of being "one mind" is (more realistically that from a new age perspective) the idea that if we all work together we can achieve much greater feats.

bartholomew
29-06-2014, 12:14 AM

It's easy really. Our ethereal bodies are a part of the Earth's ethereal plane, our emotions are a part of the Earth's astral plane, our lower minds are a part of the Earth's mental sub-planes. Our souls, however, are part of the higher mental plane which is not bound by the Earth.

OK so what does "collective consciousness" mean then. Just above I delineated the various subtle planes assocated with the Earth and said that we all shared in it. Each of us has, all to ourselves, a bit of each of the planes which make up the spiritual counterpart to the physical plane. That is all it is. Think in terms of a personal bit which is assigned to each of us while we live on Earth.

The existence of a "collective consciousness" does not mean that everyone shares the same mind. No. We each have our own little piece just for us. And how do we access this bit of mind? Easy. Our brains are capable of connecting to the universal mind and bringing down to the man/woman his/her private share to be used until death.

Those who think that the brain is the only source of "mind" will not agree.

The others that you mention are no different. They are all humans too and are made up of bits of spirit just like the rest of us. Don't worry about accidently getting afoul of Hitler's mind. It ain't gonna happen.

Imagine a tank full of water which is shared by everyone. Each carries his/her share in a glass which is kept with them as long as they live and then is returned to the tank after death.

That's all it is...

note: An interesting side note to this topic would be to say that it is this collective consciousness which is responsible for what we call "channeling". The only question is "can we conect to another guy's mind?". Well Edgar Cayce could.