PDA

View Full Version : Why do you believe in reincarnation?

Damian
12-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Why do you believe in reincarnation?

elisi
12-06-2014, 05:09 AM
damian

there's also about 3 other reincarnation thread. there may be answers on those.

Ecthalion
12-06-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't. .......

sea-dove
12-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Cause Ive met ones Ive been with in other lifetimes and they have remembered me too.

kris
12-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I believe in rebirth based on my personal experiences.

Rah nam
12-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Asking why we incarnate is like asking why do we build cars.
To go from one place to an other would be the answer most likely.
As short question and a short answer. One could of cause write a long blog one the procedure and greater details.

silent whisper
12-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Maybe its all in ones imagination?

that's the only reflection that comes to me..through this question..

Baile
13-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Asking why we incarnate is like asking why do we build cars.
To go from one place to an other would be the answer most likely.Good one, yes.

Brobian
13-06-2014, 04:53 AM
I believe because I have some very peculiar abilities that, at least I feel, had to been from past lives.

For example, I know Archaic English very fluently, however, I've never in my life studied it, it's just in me. I have also been infatuated with the medieval era since my earliest childhood.

BlueSky
15-06-2014, 02:54 AM
I have 3 daughters and numerous pets and in all cases, before any influence, my daughters and pets exhibited distinct personality traits.

lili
15-06-2014, 10:56 PM
I feel in my heart that many souls have many incarnations. It is not as much a belief as what my heart feels. I have learned that if something is purely coming from my heart, with my mind not involved, I can pretty much trust the feeling

Baile
16-06-2014, 12:33 PM
with my mind not involved, I can pretty much trust the feelingAlways the best method to come to an understanding of... well, pretty much anything and everything actually.

linen53
16-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Because I remember some of my previous incarnations and as lili and Baile said, I trust the feeling within me.

sound
16-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I am not sure that I do, however, if I allow myself to entertain the thought, it feels like it is part of my development .. it feels like part of the bigger picture .. I can remember reading something years ago about reincarnation, in which the author said something like [quote]'A fully developed psychology will not exist until reincarnation is accepted as a fact'[unquote]
... if I think in terms of this being my only earthly experience, well then, the bigger picture shrinks a little lol ... if the 'truth' were revealed beyond any measure of doubt (in my puny human mind lol), I, and however many billions of others, have learnt to live with it, regardless lol ... I don't pretend to 'know' that it is a 'fact' of life', ... whether I believe in reincarnation or not, doesn't seem to impact on my present experience, and choices and decisions I make ...

StaroftheSea
16-06-2014, 03:37 PM
...sent through by God is my experience and viewpoint Capacity, similar to my adopted Niece who resembles Her Mother's dispositional traits from the age of 2years at the time arriving off the plane and physically.

When I asked God; it was confirmed among many other things felt and asked, then indeed occurred afterwards.

The family's pets resemble my adult Children's bone structures and this was noticed many years ago after I noticed that a girlfriend of mine who has 6 children - adopted and bred in total 6 dogs without consciously wanting to keep all 6 small dogs who got along well and the dogs resemble Her 6 Children both physically and in temperament.

In relation to past lives; every one's experiences and beliefs are different.

My experiences and beliefs are that God created Soul Mates individually and Soul Mate groups, throw in to the mix, ancestors and people moving around the world for centuries; obviously we are related to more people than we ever would have thought possible!

Convicts from the UK were transported everywhere. The Spanish armada invaded Scotland, country men and women invaded other countries, groups of families moved overseas and populated, people divorced in the 19th Century and re-married having extra families...little wonder we see people who are 'familiar' and misinterpret thinking it is 're-incarnation'.

A few years ago I met a girl in her twenties from another country with the same surname; her bone structure, eyes and expressions appeared 'familiar'. I asked Her country of origin and the area of origin. After a couple of other questions it came to pass that this girl turned out to be a relative of my Children's on their Father's side.

LOL - I can hear a TV program in the background whereby a guy just said "and its a small world".

Kindest wishes

I have 3 daughters and numerous pets and in all cases, before any influence, my daughters and pets exhibited distinct personality traits.

Baile
16-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Because I remember some of my previous incarnationsPlease share, as someone who believes in reincarnation but has zero awareness of past lives, I'm interested in your experiences and how you've managed to remember.

knightofalbion
16-06-2014, 04:11 PM
I do believe in reincarnation. But ...

Forget about past lives, don't think about future lives, just concentrate on trying to be beautiful in this life.

The present is the only reality.

BlueSky
16-06-2014, 04:25 PM

Forget about past lives, don't think about future lives, just concentrate on trying to be beautiful in this life.

Something about the word " beautiful" that you used here touched me.
Thank you for the energy in this post

lili
16-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I am not sure that I do, however, if I allow myself to entertain the thought, it feels like it is part of my development .. it feels like part of the bigger picture .. I can remember reading something years ago about reincarnation, in which the author said something like [quote]'A fully developed psychology will not exist until reincarnation is accepted as a fact'[unquote]
... if I think in terms of this being my only earthly experience, well then, the bigger picture shrinks a little lol ... if the 'truth' were revealed beyond any measure of doubt (in my puny human mind lol), I, and however many billions of others, have learnt to live with it, regardless lol ... I don't pretend to 'know' that it is a 'fact' of life', ... whether I believe in reincarnation or not, doesn't seem to impact on my present experience, and choices and decisions I make ...
My thought: Sometimes in the journey to believing...... or not believeing, we gain great strength. The quote you put down here feels like it might be a bit fundamentalist in the author's thinking. I often think that it is the people who wonder and ask questions who have the most exciting prospects for growth. eg when someone says to me they are not sure about the whole spiritual thing, I say great. its like a blank slate. Not so full of doctorines that there is no room for anything else. Somtimes the journey to finding one's OWN answers and thoughts is literally invaluable. So I do honor your journey to figuring that out for yourself.

Damian
16-06-2014, 10:27 PM
I believe because I have some very peculiar abilities that, at least I feel, had to been from past lives.

For example, I know Archaic English very fluently, however, I've never in my life studied it, it's just in me. I have also been infatuated with the medieval era since my earliest childhood.
Sheldrake's hypothesis of "morphic resonance (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fen. wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FMorphic_resonance%2523A _New_Science_of_Life)" can account for this phenomena without invoking reincarnation.

Damian
16-06-2014, 10:29 PM

That's not very compelling evidence. I could attribute the distinctions to genetics.

Damian
16-06-2014, 10:30 PM
I feel in my heart that many souls have many incarnations. It is not as much a belief as what my heart feels. I have learned that if something is purely coming from my heart, with my mind not involved, I can pretty much trust the feeling

So, it's just subjective feelings, not any objective evidence.

BlueSky
16-06-2014, 10:35 PM
That's not very compelling evidence. I could attribute the distinctions to genetics.
It wasn't meant to be evidence but the personalities were all different so genetics seems unlikely.

Damian
16-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Because I remember some of my previous incarnations and as lili and Baile said, I trust the feeling within me.
How do you know that they were your personal incarnations? Perhaps you were tapping into the consequent nature (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FProcess_philosophy%23On_God) of God where the experiences of all sentient beings are kept in memory.

lili
16-06-2014, 11:32 PM
So, it's just subjective feelings, not any objective evidence.
Yes indeed. It is all subjective. Some people need objective evidence. I am not one of them. But I do respect totally that some people are evidence based. Thats just not who I am :cool:

CSEe
17-06-2014, 12:29 AM

Perhaps because I always had will and emotion to exist ....and all this time is always my emotion that causes all happening ...............

BlueSky
17-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Perhaps because I always had will and emotion to exist ....and all this time is always my emotion that causes all happening ...............
Before you existed was there existence for you to will to exist in. I mean if you didn't exist how could you will to exist. How did it all begin?

sound
17-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Somtimes the journey to finding one's OWN answers and thoughts is literally invaluable. So I do honor your journey to figuring that out for yourself

Thank you for your honour :hug3: I would go as far as to say it is 'always' invaluable, in that sense ... the author was 'supposedly' dead at the time of revealing his/her knowledge, through mediumship ...

In that incredible process of self-discovery, I feel we do that anyway, (figure it out for ourselves), regardless of what we 'choose' to believe, at any given time ...

Thanks for your response lili :) I haven't posted (in depth) for quite some time, so its nice to make some new connections in this wonderful, ever-changing community :)

CSEe
17-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Before you existed was there existence for you to will to exist in. I mean if you didn't exist how could you will to exist. How did it all begin?

If " existence" in your view is the body that claimed by you as who you are ...perhaps you will have the knowledge that you never existed as you perhaps do not have any clue of existing before ..........but if you realized of your own emotion , you perhaps will realized that you are "nothingness" and your existence is the emotion that attached to you condition of nothingness .........and is the emotion that you hold on to that causes all condition of your emotion .......and you perhaps realized that is always your emotion that exist and the body is something that just never belong to you ...there are nothing belong to you , is always your will , your desire to exist or not to exist , your will of something ......Buddhism is a natural process that will naturally without any emotion leading into liberation of emotion ...perhaps this process will leading into a condition of nothingness .....

Jyotir
17-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Hi Damian,

By and large, it makes intuitive ‘sense’, resonates as truth, is holistically consistent with other progressively spiritual constructs - but also recognize that it has limited utility in the ‘here and now’ as an expedient and can even be a significant distraction.

~ J

Mathew James
17-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I do not, but on the Last Day there will certainly be alot of people who wished they could go back.

mj

lili
18-06-2014, 02:07 AM
.....I would go as far as to say it is 'always' invaluable, in that sense ...
In that incredible process of self-discovery, I feel we do that anyway, (figure it out for ourselves), regardless of what we 'choose' to believe, at any given time ...

Thanks for your response lili :) I haven't posted (in depth) for quite some time, so its nice to make some new connections in this wonderful, ever-changing community :)
yes I do agree with that change to "always".
i have heard, read often that the opportunity for progression when we take on a human incarnate body is greatly accelerated. I believe it. The "self discovery". It may not be easy. To forget those great truths so we can find our way back to remembering. So if that is the case, how can "not knowing" be anything but great opportunity?

REALLY glad you are posting... in depth.. here again. I do think this is a great community. Although I must admit I do not come here as often as would be beneficial.

Baile
19-06-2014, 03:19 PM
I do not, but on the Last Day there will certainly be alot of people who wished they could go back.Why would anyone wish that if we're all coming back in another lifetime later on?

Mathew James
19-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Why would anyone wish that if we're all coming back in another lifetime later on?

There could be alot of reasons. Maybe they were at a really great party and they overdosed on drugs, go back and dont do that last line and keep on partying. Maybe they just won the lottery and died from all the excitement, go back and stay alittle more chill. Maybe they were a rich person and there new life is as a worm, go back....

mj

Jyotir
19-06-2014, 05:30 PM

What constitutes "any-one"?
The finite mortal aspects of being have a temporal 'last day' - death.
But the soul is immortal. That is the component which reincarnates.
So in that sense it does 'go back'.

~ J

Sarian
19-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Well, first off because when I was 3 or 4 years old, I remember thinking a lot and saying "I am too tired to do this again" and feeling really old. I didn't feel like a tot thinking or talking and I expressed this out loud to a family member once and they were perplexed by it. Then about 4 years later I became terrified of the idea of reincarnation...and this lasted into my early to mid teens. I felt quite angry if not hateful about it and it bothered me. I wondered why. I came across a book on reincarnation at a used bookstore and felt the need to bring it home and read but wouldn't read it and felt quite upset.

Then I had to get on and off the religion merry-go-round...I was never religious but I guess it was something I had to go through and in the process I was able to dump religion for good and in that process, reincarnation started nudging me again...and then I had a situation arise where I was led to a certain place (which probably was why I had to do the religion stint as well) but upon entering this place, saw a person that rattled my world. I knew him, every bit of him. It wasn't like some love at first sight or anything like that because to look at him he was not anything that I would be looking for or typically attracted too but I knew him and more so, it was like every cell, pore, spirit/soul or something knew him...and aside from that, I feel like I"m on a journey, a process and it combines things from past and things for future. It's odd, I can't explain it nor understand it, just know it's a journey with a reason, but I have to be content with just realizing this or I'd go bats with trying to figure it out.

It's just something I intuitively know or remember (both actually)...

7luminaries
24-06-2014, 12:07 AM

I do too knight, and I also agree with you full stop on being here now
and becoming the beautiful souls we are meant to be right here, right now.

Something about the word " beautiful" that you used here touched me.
Thank you for the energy in this post

It touched me too. And I agree with Knight's touching words.
Thank you, and thank you again.
:hug3:

7luminaries
24-06-2014, 12:15 AM

Beautifully said.

Always the best method to come to an understanding of... well, pretty much anything and everything actually.

Agreed.

Peace & blessings all :hug3:

Djurplagare89
28-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Because I don't believe in "nothing" afterwards, there must be something more to it than just a black hole or such. "Black" is also camouflage hiding the unknown truth. Just because we cannot prove anything it doesnt mean it doesnt exist, its above what we need to know.

LadyMay
28-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Because energy is neither created nor destroyed. My energy has to go some place else, so why not another incarnation?

sublevel
28-06-2014, 10:40 PM
New energy is not created or destroyed only changes form?

Mathew James
28-06-2014, 11:09 PM
New energy is not created or destroyed only changes form?

yes I think everyone agrees with that, but does the energy go back to being another human (as the concept of reincarnation) or does it move into a higher life form?

mj

LadyMay
28-06-2014, 11:25 PM
yes I think everyone agrees with that, but does the energy go back to being another human (as the concept of reincarnation) or does it move into a higher life form?

mj

Either or. There's endless possibilities what it could become. In my mind it's not restricted to human incarnations only. Just something that is compatible with the type of energy as it is when it dies.. I guess.

You're a psychopath? You incarnate into some demonic creature on another world in another universe. You're loving and caring? You incarnate into some angelic being in the celestial realms. I don't know. I don't think it would be quite as drastic as this. But you get my drift anyway.

Mathew James
29-06-2014, 01:54 AM
Either or. There's endless possibilities what it could become. In my mind it's not restricted to human incarnations only. Just something that is compatible with the type of energy as it is when it dies.. I guess.

You're a psychopath? You incarnate into some demonic creature on another world in another universe. You're loving and caring? You incarnate into some angelic being in the celestial realms. I don't know. I don't think it would be quite as drastic as this. But you get my drift anyway.

That makes alot of sense. It would be a very balanced way of allowing the energy of a person move into what it is.

mj