PDA

View Full Version : Listening to higher self

TonySG
11-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi
So recently I have been trying to get more in touch with my 'higher self' through meditations mainly. Does anyone here feel they are in tune with this part of themselves most of the time? I think I am but sometimes lack the courage to follow through with what I feel. I guess courage is another thing altogether. Listening without taking action is pointless :/

If I did half the things I feel like doing, I can't even begin to imagine where I would be and what kind of life I would be living!

Baile
11-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi Tony. It's essentially my entire spiritual life path now; I stopped external spiritual searching a decade ago. I don't see it as any great revelation. I strive to remain true to this self-realization path, to continually work on refining my ability to listen and respond to my inner voice.

I'll add that in my case it involved major changes to my life and lifestyle. If that's what you mean by courage I can relate.

froebellian
11-06-2014, 06:15 PM
For me it was about accepting certain things and having faith in what I felt and heard. I don't meditate at all, maybe half a dozen times and very poor attempts at that.
Once you have that connection I don't think it goes away, but I doubt you would hear if you were not ready to take action. Its like a wi fi connection, you log on when you need to.
The Higher Self if the real essence of your soul that is not influenced by deadlines or opinions which is why in modern day society with so many media opinions you can't hear what you really think and feel.

Lightwaves
13-06-2014, 03:14 AM
I am becoming more aware of a truer self more and more these days. My experience of it is that it just is what it is and it's who I really am. When I become aware of me beyond the mind and body my life either just arises spontaneously or I decide to play the game of life and...become more 'involved' in life but with a wink ;) if that makes any sense.

LadyMay
13-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Since my awakening the presence of my Higher Self has never left. It can fluctuate though if fear related stuff comes up. But the more I clear out my system the stronger it gets. I am ever so slowly integrating my Higher Self in my waking life. It is my aspiration in this life to get to the place where we are one. And I believe that it will happen. My Higher Self tells me so.

Part of integration is accepting that courage already in you to follow your heart.. it is true, it really will lead you to places that before you probably would've only been able to dream of. My Higher Self only tells me what I need to know at the time but my life has been incredibly easy from listening and following. Perhaps there is something deep within you that is finding it hard to give up control of your life to your Higher aspect? This will most likely be related to fear somehow. Try rooting around a little- it may help :)

Adept
15-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi
So recently I have been trying to get more in touch with my 'higher self' through meditations mainly. Does anyone here feel they are in tune with this part of themselves most of the time? I think I am but sometimes lack the courage to follow through with what I feel. I guess courage is another thing altogether. Listening without taking action is pointless :/

If I did half the things I feel like doing, I can't even begin to imagine where I would be and what kind of life I would be living!

I don't think one remains in contact with their higher self. Either they contact it from time to time or become it, there for creating a new higher self.

BlueSky
15-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi

Tony, you are your higher self. That which is trying to tune in to a higher self is that same higher self. There is no distinction. Creating one creates separation. This is an importance observation I feel. This is awakening to self.
When one realizes this they start listening to themselves and it comes easy.
To illustrate this better, try pointing your finger at your face and notice that that which is looking is what you are and you never left nor do you need to be meditated on to be in tune with. You are your higher self.

Lorelyen
15-06-2014, 11:17 AM
It was a consequence (and aim) of path-working to me.
No use trying to listen to one's higher self until all the obfuscation and illusion has been cleared away (or most of it).
Or at least be cautious about what It says to you.

silent whisper
15-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi

Yes.
Being true to you is what listening is about. Being true to how you feel and being true to what you can and cannot do is all part of deepening your own connection to yourself.

Sometimes in the knowing and imagination of where we might be, we can become aware too, that we are exactly where we are meant to be for now. Dreaming of a better life and knowing it can be achieved is a great goal to keep as your focus to reach those spaces.

elisi
15-06-2014, 12:18 PM
higher self, intuition, gut feeling, inner knowing...............

i think they're pretty much the same-a part of our brain that filters all exterior and interior information, like a computer, and occasionally pieces of it bob to the surface.

at times we can tap into it-like in 2nd level reiki. or others may be able to in other ways.

SpiritCarrier
15-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is listen to your own intuition. It is important to understand that you are exactly where you are suppose to be at any given moment. We all have to learn to listen to our higher self, to our intuition, in order to grow spiritually. Sometimes what we know we need to do is in contrast with what society accepts thus making the decision quite hard. Going against what we have been taught, against what society accepts, makes following our intuition very difficult at times. Just remember that when we do what we know to be right, no matter what anyone else says, we are truly following the path that leads down that road of spiritual enlightenment.

I wish you well.

Peace and Light,
SC