PDA

View Full Version : soul mates

daisy
11-08-2006, 10:03 PM
i believe i have found mine and married him, he was put on my pathway at a crucial time in my life:wink:

e-ma
13-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I am waiting to meet mine and just cannot settle for anything less. That might be to my detriment, and I might end up being single forever, but something just stops me and tells me to wait.

rachel ashleigh
16-09-2006, 04:08 PM
hi, i am not sure if i did find my soul mate i dont know what i would call him, we met through my old job and became friends we both had partners, but we just clicked straight away we always had something to talk about and really enjoyed each others company, we are the same star sign ( Aquarius) in the end we decided to stop seeing each other as we had started to have feelings for each other that we shouldnt have had. About a year later me and my partner parted and out of the blue he called me, he had also parted with his partner so we started seeing each other but it just didnt seem to work not that we didnt want it to i really dont know why it did not work. we are both now in different relionships but for some reason i keep dreaming about him or find myself thinking about him all the time, its not that i am not happy with my current partner as i am happy, but these dreams just keep coming back. Can anyone kind of give me some possiable answers do you think we are soul mates that have just missed our chance? could we have been together in a past life? Any answers would be a great help.

VentanaCelestial
16-09-2006, 05:00 PM
You say it didn't seem to work out and that you really don't know why. Can you elaborate?

rachel ashleigh
17-09-2006, 07:19 AM
when we were together we wanted different things its sound really strange now thinking about it. he liked staying up till the birds woke up even though we was at work early the next morning and i like to have enough sleep for around 3 people, and in the end we were just trying to go different ways all the time if you know what i mean. But i just cant stop dreaming about him he is alway somewhere not far away in my mind and it really annoys me sometimes. does that make sense?

VentanaCelestial
17-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Sure it makes sense. Why certain people get under our skin to such a degree doesn't necessarily make so much sense though. I still think fondly of my last love from time to time, though our relationship was impossible and ended horribly. From my experience, significant relationships aren't a matter of chance. There is a clear factor of important lessons to be learned, and those lessons usually aren't obivous or at the surface. From my last, I learned to guard my heart because it's sacred and that even though a connection can feel soooo right, it can be soooo wrong.

So, I have no remarkable insight for you apart from suggesting you privately write down the qualities that draw you to this person, along with the qualities that repel you. What are your needs and expectations not only from him but your ideal mate as well? If nothing else, the exercise may help you learn a little more about yourself.

Hope this helps,
Celest

rachel ashleigh
20-09-2006, 06:37 AM
thank you for your reply i will sit down and write down the good side and the bad sides of the time we had together. thanks again

saxon
03-10-2006, 10:14 AM
From my experience, I don't believe we have "one" soulmate. We may think so about one person then a few years later, we find someone else with the same type of connection, if not stronger. It's all about finding out the purpose of meeting them. And we don't have to be in a relationship with our soulmates. They can be friends, family, too old or young,....

Mother Goose
03-10-2006, 12:03 PM
I'll have to agree with Saxon on this. Here lately I've been find soulmates around every corner. With some of them...the connection is as strong/important to me as the connection I have to my husband, which is a very strong connection.

Lapis
03-10-2006, 11:40 PM
I agree, I have many Soul Mates right here at SF! I call this Energy Family but it's the same thing as the term "soulmate" to me.

The term of soulmate has IMO, gotten distorted as most things usually do. Most people believe that "soulmates" are romantic/sexual/physical love type of "mates" whereas I feel it speaks of energetic like others. I feel we each have many many Soul Mates or Energy Familiy members.

At another level, that one that I think most people think of when they hear the term soulmate, I believe that my personal opposite sex "soulmate" is another aspect of me who no longer functions in physicality.

Mother Goose
04-10-2006, 01:00 AM
:D You're absolutely right, Lapis....the whole concept IS distorted by the idea that a soulmate is only a romantic/sexual partner. I'm very fond of the term soulmate for some reason, but I do see soulmates as energy families too. Thank you for jumping in and adding that!

BLAIR2BE
04-10-2006, 03:17 AM
is it possible to have "energy family members"(soulmates) who are "neccesary" (<i use this word lightly) for a limited time? that, like energy, comes into your life when "needed", and then goes when whatever was needed has been achieved??
(make any sense??)

Mother Goose
04-10-2006, 03:37 AM
oh, ABSOLUTELY, Blair...I firmly believe that. Soulmates may only pop into our lives for a short period & disappear again. They don't have to stay long at all...some do, but not all of them. We have certain things to teach them or learn from them and once that's accomplished they may just 'fade' away....or there may be a serious painful break to separate them from us. Either way.....the answer to you question (IMHO) is YES. :D

BLAIR2BE
04-10-2006, 03:47 AM
thanks mother goose!!
i thought so. while i havent encountered many soulmates, i have had a cherished few (cherished and painfully broken) and ill never forget them.
you guys are right, sexuality has little to do with the "essence" of a true soulmate.

Mother Goose
04-10-2006, 03:55 AM
sorry to hear about the painful breaks....been there and I know it's no fun. But I also know that a piece of them always stays with me....and I continue to love them no matter what the circumstances of the break were. Lately I've come to 'hope' that in another life we'll get to teach each other more pleasant things. :smile:

BLAIR2BE
04-10-2006, 04:01 AM
very true, the love never dies. i kinda believe that we will "reunite" in another life, if we are truly soul mates, why wouldnt we...

Mother Goose
04-10-2006, 04:24 AM
oh...I agree. I don't doubt being reunited...I just hope for nicer circumstances. :D

Ascended Master
06-10-2006, 10:42 PM
hi, i am not sure if i did find my soul mate i dont know what i would call him, we met through my old job and became friends we both had partners, but we just clicked straight away we always had something to talk about and really enjoyed each others company, we are the same star sign ( Aquarius) in the end we decided to stop seeing each other as we had started to have feelings for each other that we shouldnt have had. About a year later me and my partner parted and out of the blue he called me, he had also parted with his partner so we started seeing each other but it just didnt seem to work not that we didnt want it to i really dont know why it did not work. we are both now in different relionships but for some reason i keep dreaming about him or find myself thinking about him all the time, its not that i am not happy with my current partner as i am happy, but these dreams just keep coming back. Can anyone kind of give me some possiable answers do you think we are soul mates that have just missed our chance? could we have been together in a past life? Any answers would be a great help.

I met a soul mate once, and we only knew each other for a few weeks?!
Then I met another one, and another one?
None of whom I see any more???

I try not to express the importance of being with one forever.
Because you can be with millions forever, if you play your individual cards right! :wink:

Love and light,

AM

Ascended Master
06-10-2006, 10:45 PM
But I also know that a piece of them always stays with me....and I continue to love them no matter what the circumstances of the break were.

Same here Mother Goose.

I believe we can love them, but not hold on to them?

Because there is nothing detrimental about love, in any way.
It's just the form of that love that we need to figure out.

Best wishes,

AM

Mother Goose
07-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Same here Mother Goose.

I believe we can love them, but not hold on to them?

Because there is nothing detrimental about love, in any way.
It's just the form of that love that we need to figure out.

Best wishes,

AM
:D exactly, AM

feohgoddess
07-10-2006, 06:57 PM
your soulmate doesn't necessarily mean that you have to OR have a romantic link with them

my soulmate is a good friend of mine, me and him don't have any romantic feelings toward one another, but we do share stories and give advise about our spiritual paths.

I also believe that people have more than one soulmate.