PDA

View Full Version : How accurate is dowsing for a beginner?

Lisbet
03-06-2014, 11:12 PM
I am new to dowsing and tried map dowsing to find a missing cat. I was able to find a place quickly with clear yes's and no's.

My question is, what are the chances of false positives for a novice dowser? Is it possible that my subconscious is giving me false answers?

I haven't tried door to door or anything so I have no idea if my cat is truly in the area I found on the map.

jusmail
04-06-2014, 01:23 AM
experimenting is the key. Start with something simple.

Phoenix Rising
06-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Lisbet it varies from person to person how accurate as a beginner you are. It is usually best to keep your pendulum with you for a week so that it picks up your energy. However if I lost my cat, I would trying everything too, to get him back. If you got a hit, that's the place to start. You don't have to go door to door, use your pendulum at a house from the sidewalk and ask "Is this the right house?" Yes your subconscious could override the outcome. Always try with a clear mind, say "I wonder what the answer will be" over and over to keep you mind occupied. Also ask the pendulum, "Am I interfering with the answer in any way? And finally "Is this answer the truth?" Should you get a no to the last question, you need to start again, rephrase your questions until you do get a yes. If you do go the area, say "Show me where (insert name here), my cat is please? If you don't say cat, it may lead you to a street or a person of the same name. You must be very specific with the pendulum as you can, or it can lead you on a wild goose chase. :) Here is how I trained my map dowsing. If you have someone willing, get them to hide something in a room. Then make a drawing of your home's rooms, it does not have to be fancy, square boxes with the name of the room is fine. Hold the pendulum over the rooms and ask. "Is what I seek in this room?" Move on from there to include the backyard once you get that down pat.

Lisbet
06-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Thank you, Sundancer. Great advice. :)

kristyjnh
06-06-2014, 11:42 PM
I have a chart that I like to use to indicate my accuracy. My accuracy wavers between about 75% - 100% depending on my state (mentally/physically/emotionally). I find that "testing" my pendulum (asking it questions I know the answer to) doesn't usually work too well for me. My pendulum sometimes employs sarcasm (which is hard to detect since it doesn't actually speak).

SaskMick
07-06-2014, 05:45 AM
I am new to dowsing and tried map dowsing to find a missing cat. I was able to find a place quickly with clear yes's and no's.

My question is, what are the chances of false positives for a novice dowser? Is it possible that my subconscious is giving me false answers?

I haven't tried door to door or anything so I have no idea if my cat is truly in the area I found on the map.

Some people can dowse with amazing accuracy right from the start, while others never can.

Lisbet
07-06-2014, 01:09 PM
I read that you should have a very serious question that is important to you. I meditated on the image of my cat first and it was very important to me. I did this on two separate occasions. I drive through the neighborhood my pendulum pointed out now and then. Though I haven't got out of the car. I might get a street view map and try.

My pendulum is nothing special, but it's heavy. Which I feel would work best for me. I will try some more today.

Lisbet
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I have a chart that I like to use to indicate my accuracy. My accuracy wavers between about 75% - 100% depending on my state (mentally/physically/emotionally). I find that "testing" my pendulum (asking it questions I know the answer to) doesn't usually work too well for me. My pendulum sometimes employs sarcasm (which is hard to detect since it doesn't actually speak).

Haha. That's pretty funny. I mean if you like sarcasm that is ;) I know we can have a lot of different guides with different personalities. :)

SaskMick
08-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Start with some thing simple is right. Start by asking if the cat is dead or alive first. If it's dead there is no point in finding it.

Ask once only and leave it at that.

starling
12-06-2014, 07:49 AM

I haven't read the other replies here but my own approach here would be that you are emotionally involved in the subject which MAY affect your results(it certainly would mine)

If you are new to it, unless you are significantly better at it than me, I wouldn't pin all your hopes for success on it.

Hope you find your cat.

FairyCrystal
12-06-2014, 11:27 AM
@Sundancer, great tips!!

Apart from all that's been said, bear in mind that a cat will not stay in one place. So I'm thinking you're grasping at straws, sorry ... I got 3 cats myself, so understand you're drive, matter of fact, one of them is missing. I got a neighbour who's threatened to kill him, cos he comes in his garden all the time. I fear the worst.
But I would never think of the pendulum, because if he is still alive, he'll move around and cats can cover quite a large area too.

Questions that may lead somewhere are indeed: is he/she alive? Is he out in the open? Is he in someone else's home? Is he within 1 mile of my home? Does he stay within 1 mile of my home? If yes, narrow it down, half a mile etc. Is he able to come home himself? (as in not captive or wounded)

Good luck, I hope you find your cat, one way or another!!

Phoenix Rising
12-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Fairy, thank you for saying the tips were good. Now I must say thanks for the great tips to you. :) New to map dowsing, so these are fantastic to add to my question list.

I inherited two feral cats because of that. My co-worker had them under her home and when she told me about the neighbour going to kill them, the one especially because she was black, well I just couldn't let that happen. They are the most affectionate, well behaved cats you could imagine. :)

sea-dove
18-06-2014, 10:36 AM

I suggest to actually go and check out the area you are getting.. otherwise you are doubting yourself and it could well be right. Even if you go there and find the cat dead on a side of a road, that would be good for closure. Doubt of your ability is likely to get in the way of developing skills like this. Im of the opinion that a state of faith and trust helps.. esp when you have such an important question in mind. You are dowsing something you are deeply connected too, so that should help to.

As a beginner, the first time I even tried dowsing.. I managed to dowse out the correct age for a dog in years and months. (I think I did far better then I do now).

Lisbet
19-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Thank you, sea-dove. You are right, if I don't go look I will forever be doubting. I seem to be holding myself back on that front.

I did ask alive or dead, got alive. After a couple sessions I got a pretty exact address. I asked if he was in the house, if he was allowed outside, about other cats, etc. according to my sessions he's alive and well, not allowed out of the house he is in and lives with one other cat. I asked if I go knock on the door, will I see him, will they give him back. It started getting more vague from there. I think I'd have to go back with a clearer head to such questions, or really just go knock on the door! But apparently they may not give him back right away or perhaps deny it.

One interesting question I asked was does he want to come home? I got yes, no, then dead stop. Like a yes and no rather than an unsure (unsure is a circle for me). That was neat! I take it he's having fun with new friends but also misses us. Then again it may just be hard to ask what someone else is thinking.

One thing I asked was if they saw my photos of him posted in their neighborhood. I got yes. Did they recognize him? No. I tried all sorts of questions to find out why, to no avail. Then this week we had a call about a cat in someone's yard. They saw a flyer on their mailbox. The cat was totally different and looking at the weather-worn photo, I basically had my answer. Tough to recognize!

Anyway I hope when I muster the courage they will at least call if I leave my number with them at the house I got a hit for. If they deny it first but then have a change of heart. I have trouble with doubting my intuition all the time and this feels like a big obstacle for me.

I have some dates from a horary reading too. So I'm trying to find "the best time".

leadville
19-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Keep us up-to-speed on unfolding events, will you?

Lisbet
25-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Keep us up-to-speed on unfolding events, will you?

I will. I'm still hesitating on knocking on doors because I have a date of July 21 in mind.

I've asked sot of questions with the pendulum. Have determined that my cat is in the same house he's been for a while, and is well taken care of. Not sure the home owner will willingly hand him over though. But I am having more dreams of the cats sudden return. I asked if he'd be better off coming back home to us and his sister and got a yes, so I feel more motivated today.

It's hard getting support from my partner because he doesn't want to get his hopes up (the cat was his since he was a kitten) only to be disappointed. Then I have a toddler who is with me 24/7. So I'm even more hesitant to go knocking on random doors. But I've done absolutely everything else short of knocking on doors that I can.

Pendulum can't tell me the best time to check out the home I suspect he is in, unfortunately. I will definitely come back here when I've knocked though!