PDA

View Full Version : religious upbringing/questions

reconsarge1975
27-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone. I came from a very religious family environment... Most of the "elders" in the family were pastors and my family was pentacostal in Assembly of God. My parents did the whole "turmoil in the toybox" campaign in the 80s and so many things were given the blanket "it's evil, dont think about it, dont let it in".. So I have been opening my mind to some things to say the least. One thing I have always been told about tarot cards is that if you open yourself to interaction, whatever you ask about or concentrate on will be immediatly open for spiritual attack. So I have been disabled with the VA for 11 years now, very very close to having things finally rated "total and permanent" and just on a whim I did an online tarot and the reading seemed to imply that because of a decision I had made foolishly that the financial blessing that was going to come had changed. I dont know quite how to interpret these things outside of what I had been told. Any thoughts on this?

Jenny Crow
27-05-2014, 10:52 PM
I've found that online Tarot readings are very rarely accurate so I don't think you should worry too much, Reconsarge.

I'm a professional Tarot card reader and have been reading the Tarot for years and that is just not true about if you open yourself to interaction whatever you ask about or concentrate on will be immediately open for spiritual attack.

If you connect with the Tarot openly and honestly they are very good at answering your questions and helping you make correct decisions so you can move on in life:smile:

LadyTerra
28-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Welcome to SF--Reconsarge1975.:smile:

I have to agree with Jenny Crow on this one--the Tarot is only a Tool.

I have been Reading for 32 years and have never had any Spiritual attacks.

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra

reconsarge1975
28-05-2014, 12:39 AM
see? the control method of fear that is hung over the heads of so many people, it runs so deep in this society and so many people get false misconceptions of what things really are based upon fear.

LadyTerra
28-05-2014, 12:44 AM
I understand what you are saying.

I spent my whole first year on this path--waiting to be struck by lightening.:wink:

That never happened either--even though I was raised Anglican Catholic and had my name removed from the roll of the Church.:icon_eek: :D

reconsarge1975
28-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Maybe its because I have too much time on my hands. After the diagnosis of PTSD 11 years ago I have constantly wrestled with this beast by the horns, determined to figure it out and not have the harsh struggle anymore. the CPT (cognitive processing therapy) turns things inward and we analyze every thought that seems out of place.. in short I think I'm "de-programming" and opening my eyes apart from the constructs I was born and raised into. I thank you both for your words and your time today. I'll be around more often now. :)

Jenny Crow
28-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Glad to hear it - we'll watch out for you:smile:

Jenny Crow
28-05-2014, 02:02 AM
I understand what you are saying.

I spent my whole first year on this path--waiting to be struck by lightening.:wink:
:D

LOL so did I

LadyTerra
28-05-2014, 10:12 AM
LOL so did I

ReconSarge is right Jenny...it is amazing how fear can control the mind.:icon_eek: LOL:hug:

LadyTerra
28-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Glad to hear it - we'll watch out for you:smile:

You bet! We will look forward to seeing you around the Message Boards--ReconSarge1975.:wink:

Lorelyen
31-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone. I came from a very religious family environment... Most of the "elders" in the family were pastors and my family was pentacostal in Assembly of God. My parents did the whole "turmoil in the toybox" campaign in the 80s and so many things were given the blanket "it's evil, dont think about it, dont let it in".. So I have been opening my mind to some things to say the least. One thing I have always been told about tarot cards is that if you open yourself to interaction, whatever you ask about or concentrate on will be immediatly open for spiritual attack. So I have been disabled with the VA for 11 years now, very very close to having things finally rated "total and permanent" and just on a whim I did an online tarot and the reading seemed to imply that because of a decision I had made foolishly that the financial blessing that was going to come had changed. I dont know quite how to interpret these things outside of what I had been told. Any thoughts on this?

Religions have traded on promoting a climate of fear since forever. It's how they control their adherents.

What they don't tell you is how to deal with attack on the spiritual planes.

No, there are plenty of people here who have broken from devout families and their religions, sometimes painfully with a lot of misgivings (thanks to the doctrinaire inculcated since their birth). But they've "freed" themselves from the blinkered dogma. They came to realise that the overbearing (or sometimes veiled) threats from priests are pretty vacuous. If you want a tarot reading, best to go to a face-to-face reader, having framed your question carefully.

In the reading you mention, unless you know the decision to which the reader refers, nothing can be done anyway.

Take heart, then. Look at us all here - some still subscribing to traditional religions, others with a pick-and-mix approach, others cutting their own paths. Many came to realise that the "spiritual attack" was in fact a benign awakening, a revelation that they've been victims of a trick to keep them toeing the line for FAR too long!

:)

reconsarge1975
31-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Thank you for the responses. My family put me through private christian school and I feel pretty knowledgeable in that respect. There are things that I have studied that show me that the spiritual realm and everything contained in this site is truly real- from Saul consulting a medium to channel the spirit of samuel to Paul convincing a town of romans to bring all their arcane scrolls into the street and burn them.
It seems to me there is a two-fold web of deception, and its probably a lot more than that, but what I can clearly see is at least the two. 1) Society as a whole has somehow erased or edited the details of what we are taught and made everything seem like just a product of imagination or harmless fairy tales... 2) the black and white religious judgement for anyone who appears to stray from the beaten path of mainstream christianity.
As I said I was raised pentacostal. I know these things exist, ive seen and had interactions with what they would describe as "evil" entities, but those same events could be so easily explained as the person experiencing it just has mental problems, theyre schizophrenic and dismissed.
But looking at channeling and the scriptural guidelines on speaking in tongues and prophecy showed me a common inconsistency- Tongues is a spirit given channeling that is ACTUAL SPOKEN LANGUAGE, thats why it was used at pentacost. The churches I used to go to spread this other version of tongues that was nothing more than highly encouraged babbling and guttural nonsense noises, not spoken language. Most who are not a part of it but with knowledge of supernatural things would tell you that it's demonic. Whatever it is, its NOT authentic tongues, and they channel it with such fervency that they faint and induce OBE's. There is more darkness in todays religion than people want to ever know.
Im rambling again, sorry. Just so much in my head from what ive been told and what I'm learning and discovering. Hope to hear from you all again.

:)

LadyTerra
01-06-2014, 04:35 AM
It is good to express your thoughts and feelings and to consider the perspective of others--doing these things helps us to gauge our own perspective.

I believe it is a way of healing.:hug2:

jusmail
01-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Well said Lady Terra

acorn
04-06-2014, 12:16 AM
You don't need legs to fly......your freeing your mind....and it's a Good thing

Love
acorn

elisi
04-06-2014, 12:31 AM
i too read tarot.

i don't even see them as 'fortune telling' but more of a guidance or affirmation. if anything negative happened during a reading, it was coincidence.

linen53
04-06-2014, 02:34 AM
I went to parochial school as well and the amount of brainwashing (yes, that is what it is) starts in the nursery in church. It took me many years to deprogram myself and I am totally free of the fears I was taught through the christian religion.

But it took time.

I have many christian friends who fear just about everything that is unknown to them or to their church. Their religions just use the words "demon" and "attack" and they skirt around it without even educating themselves about the facts.

I believe you called it a "blanket of fear" and that is exactly what they do. I do not expose myself to many things because at one time I was a conduit for a satanic group when I was very little and don't want to reopen that portal they used. Only because I am not well versed in that type of thing. And I think it would be unwise to dabble with that sort of thing for me. But I have friends that do and I have no fear of being around them or of any kind of bad influence it might have on them.

I believe your frame of mind has a lot to do with it.

I wish you well.

reconsarge1975
04-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I think mindset has a lot to do with it too. My father had always been fairly religious but in 2006 he had a major heart attack which led to a bowel resection and then a massive stroke, after months of therapy and healing he came back to us changed. Now he is absolutely obsessed with end time prophecy. I have personal feelings about the majority of televangelists, I still read the Bible and I can't help but see these inconsistencies in the teachings of things like "word of faith" and "prosperity gospel". I started doing research to the scientific things that bring on change in our environment, dad doesent want to hear about the solar grand minimum, the fact that solar wind meeting with chemicals in our atmosphere create water on a chemical level, things like that. Anything other than the repetitious re-quotes of end time prophecy is from outside that blanket of fear.
Again, thank you for your words and your time.

LadyTerra
04-06-2014, 06:12 PM
I think mindset has a lot to do with it too. My father had always been fairly religious but in 2006 he had a major heart attack which led to a bowel resection and then a massive stroke, after months of therapy and healing he came back to us changed. Now he is absolutely obsessed with end time prophecy. I have personal feelings about the majority of televangelists, I still read the Bible and I can't help but see these inconsistencies in the teachings of things like "word of faith" and "prosperity gospel". I started doing research to the scientific things that bring on change in our environment, dad doesent want to hear about the solar grand minimum, the fact that solar wind meeting with chemicals in our atmosphere create water on a chemical level, things like that. Anything other than the repetitious re-quotes of end time prophecy is from outside that blanket of fear.
Again, thank you for your words and your time.

I think it is a good thing that you do research--study--and draw your own conclusions. You may never be able to discuss your findings with your Father--but that is OK--it is important (only) that you discover your own truths.:hug2:

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra

spiritseeker123
04-06-2014, 09:17 PM

SPIRITSEEKER123 A good tarot reading is always positive in nature unlike the one you've described here. I would love to do a free tarot reading for you if there was only a way we could hook up through (preferably) Skype but not sure if hookup arrangements are allowed through this site. Let me know your thoughts. I have been doing readings for a couple of years and use the Rider-Waite deck exclusively. Be blessed.