PDA

View Full Version : Shamanic sickness and bipolar disorder

Teiksma
26-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Has anyone had a shamanic sickness?
My shaman teachers thinks I have it. Or maybe even had, because in one journey I was eaten by my spirit animal, then reborn in the form of her.
Maybe someone has an experience to share about this thing. What happened next when you had realised that you have a shamanic sickness? I havent felt symptomes of it since that journey, but it is only 2 months and before that rarely I had periods without it so long.
I have heard that bipolar disorder is often the calling from spirits, like possesion, can it be true?
I would be grateful for any information.

LadyTerra
26-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Has anyone had a shamanic sickness?
My shaman teachers thinks I have it. Or maybe even had, because in one journey I was eaten by my spirit animal, then reborn in the form of her.
Maybe someone has an experience to share about this thing. What happened next when you had realised that you have a shamanic sickness? I havent felt symptomes of it since that journey, but it is only 2 months and before that rarely I had periods without it so long.
I have heard that bipolar disorder is often the calling from spirits, like possesion, can it be true?
I would be grateful for any information.

Greetings Teiksma...this is the first time I have heard of this illness. However--I know that people with extreme empathic abilities can pick-up the symptoms of illnesses and disorders off of others--including mood-swings.

Do you think the condition could be connected to your empathic ability?

What other symptoms have you experienced--besides the vision?

Teiksma
29-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Thank you for response.
I dont have extreme empathic abilities, never had. I am sensitive, but cant call it extreme. I know people with far greater empathic powers.
After that vision I am more sensitive, sometimes I fall into trans like states unexpectedly. I was in the concert, it was band Esoteric, and suddenly I saw a vision of the spirit incarnating first time in matter.
It was great, but I left the concert because I thought I would fall.

LadyTerra
30-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Thank you for response.
I dont have extreme empathic abilities, never had. I am sensitive, but cant call it extreme. I know people with far greater empathic powers.
After that vision I am more sensitive, sometimes I fall into trans like states unexpectedly. I was in the concert, it was band Esoteric, and suddenly I saw a vision of the spirit incarnating first time in matter.
It was great, but I left the concert because I thought I would fall.

Have you had visions all your life? It sounds to me as if your Gifts could be expanding.:wink:

Teiksma
05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Yes, all my life, but not so intense.

LadyTerra
05-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Yes, all my life, but not so intense.

I believe your Gifts are expanding--which is a good thing.:wink:

Do you practice meditation?

Teiksma
09-06-2014, 11:29 AM
No, I was practicing, but dont think it is my thing. Now I mostly practice shaman things, journies.
Feeling better this week :)

LadyTerra
09-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better!:hug:

May your journey continue in Wisdom & Good Health!!!:D

Sister Rags
16-06-2014, 12:07 AM
I am bipolar. I also have an extraordinarily strong sense of connection with other beings - not only people, but animals, plants - especially trees. I believe that people who are bipolar tend to have a kind of "exchange" thing going on with the universe. We are more sensitive to the universe, thus the universe tends to affect us more, including that we more likely to become possessed. I have frequently felt myself in the role of shaman during my years on this earth. I don't necessarily want so much sensitivity because it's painful and confusing to me - at least, to an extent. But, I am how I am, for whatever reasons.

Teiksma
16-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Thank you for sharing. I understand you... I feel connection with everything in nature...

somnium
16-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey there, i have been practicing Shamanism for 10 years now. Most are not aware of spirits and their influence on our daily lives. I had bi-polar severely for about half of a year while my awareness was fluxuating between spirit worlds and the human world. Many of the 'flips' were from what many have called fliers. Spirits that often influence people by projecting their thoughts and consciousness into people so that the person can not tell the difference between their own thoughts and the thoughts being projected into them. Feeling and emotions and awareness is often projected by them. Many Shamans allow this consciousness to be projected into them and in the process they learn great things form these beings, however they can also be severe enemies and control your every move. It took me a long time to learn to separate my consciousness form that of other spirits and even many humans, once i opened my telepathy to them. In the same way i can also enter into other peoples consciousness and merge mine with theirs so that my thoughts feed them as their own. It's a shady practice if you have bad intent but usually i only do it to share my knowledge and awareness to others which is a positive intent and does no harm.

Teiksma
17-06-2014, 07:02 PM
May be true about me. Maybe I have a bad influence... I think I should learn more, to be able to control all this, not allow bad spirits to influence me.