PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Sea Shepherds

Lightspirit
26-05-2014, 07:22 AM
I met one of the crew of a sea shepherd boat that is in Sydney harbour on and he told me all the crew on them is vegan as a mandatory policy so it's easier to go from country to country as vegetable food has less quarantine issues.

A bunch of vegan volunteers in 50 meter boats successfully derail illegal whaling in Antarctica every year and the world cheers them on.

I got on the biggest one they have for a tour if it and it doesn't look as big as it does in the Whale wars series when your in it. It's really small compared to the big ships they protest against.

What do you guys of them?

Next they have to save the blue fin tuna from japan hunting it to extinction which has just about happened.

Tobi
27-05-2014, 01:13 AM
I didn't know about them! I need to find out. It sounds as if they do some heroic work.

Lightspirit
27-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Yeah they are making a difference to hunted marine life. http://www.seashepherd.org

Ecthalion
27-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Heroes. An example to me.

mogenblue
28-05-2014, 12:58 PM
I think it's quite heroic what they do, but I also think that as long as there is a demand voor fish those ships will keep going out for fish.

I think the public needs to be made aware that there are too many people around for everybody to have fish and/or meat.
I think it is a task for the governments to take that upon them and start campaigns to get people off from the meat, poultry and fish on there plates.

Here in the Netherlands there is a lot of campaigning by the government to get people to exercise more and eat more fruit and vegetables. And they are moving on step by step.
The constant attention on television and other media on exercising more and using more green food has also had it's impact on me, and it has had it's impact on much more people in my country.

You cannot leave it up to the industry to propagate green food and get people away from animal based food. Overhere some companies do take some responsibility, but in general business is business and they are out there to make a living and a profit. So therefore the initiative goes to the government to work on the public's opinion.

In the recent election last week for the European Parliament I voted for the Party for the Animals. This party is now together with the German Tierschutzpartei the first in European Parliament to step up for the animals. They both obtained one seat in parliament.

This consciousness needs to grow.